Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 08:30 AM   #61  
Most boring housewife.

I'm up, I'm here. I'm boring. I have a standard to uphold and I am trying my best to do so. Busy day today. DS12 has a pep rally. His B-ball team which was undefeated all season lost in the semi-finals and is not going to the finals. How depressing. He has to go in uniform and cheer all the teams from his school who are going to the finals...how bitter that must be.
I never got my wrap...Stella, my nail girl, was not in. They tried to pawn off a Stella Substitute but I was hip to that trick. No Stella, no silk. I like my nails short and it is impossible to get anyone but Stella to let them be short and neat rather than long and witchy.
Wow. Sugar, things have been so boring around here. Why didn't you tell that antiperspirant story to relieve the tedium several days ago.
Should I nap? Should I do something productive? I'll ponder that while I have coffee.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:54 AM   #62  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

tONIGHT I AM MAKING THE SALADE d'AMOUR FOR A DINNER PARTY FOR GAY FRIEND'S 40TH------IT IS DELISH-----HERE IS MY DILEMMATWO OF MY GIRLFRIENDS WANT ME TO DRIVE TO BOSTON TOMORROW AND STAY UNTIL TUESDAY----OUR FRIEND IS IN MAMA MIA [THE TRAVELLING GROUP OF PERFORMERS] they originally started the whole thing in toronto and the lead from their group is canadian and on Broadway right now----- I WON'T GO BECAUSE IT IS SHORT NOTICE AND I AM A CHICKEN,BUT IF I WERE A DIFFERENT PERSON I WOULD GO FOR SURE---WHY MUST I ALWAYS BE CHICKEN SHI# MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????????????????/ KIWI WOULD GO IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE---
Old 02-27-2003, 01:37 PM   #63  

Bagzie, just go. This is exactly why you are feeling bored, and you know that title is already taken. Also go for my selfish reasons and that is I want a report.

So Lush, how does the cost compare on silk wraps vs. acrylic nails? I've been walking around w/ scraggly stubbies ever since my nail person/good friend quit doing nails. I think it's time I started my New Years resolution - I'm going to put at least a little effort into my appearance. This means nails and bothering to wear earrings. Also a little effort into my general health - my Doc put me on meds for high blood pressure. I can't believe it - me- healthy as a horse (cow) taking meds for blood pressure. Doc was also rude enough to suggest that if I lost a little weight and exercised that I could possibly not have to take pills.

No one steals my recycling container because it never makes it out to the street. It's had the same stuff in it for the last year. I'm lucky to drag the trash can down the lonnnnng driveway for pick up. I know. A non-recycler. And you thought I was a good person.

So tell me more about your anti perspirant, Sugar. Were you able to save the rest of the stick?
Old 02-27-2003, 03:09 PM   #64  
fatter than U

Default Scraggly Scrubbies and Salade D'Amour

Most of the stick fell down the drain (thanks for asking, Wabby!), and what is left is sort of uneven and lumpy, but it still keeps me dry. How exciting is THAT???

Internet banking: 5 seconds after I sent a mail off to the bank's internet team telling them it still wasn't working for us, I tried it again, and for some unknown reason, it worked. Don't you hate it when that happens? I have a feeling we need to download IE 5. We only have 4.1 right now. What happens if I download it? Will it wreck everything?

Bagzie- I'd be a chicken too, but you are a woman of the world. Go! How far is it to Boston?
Old 02-27-2003, 03:31 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
My boring life: A few days ago I turned my antiperspirant stick up a fraction of an inch too high and a huge chunk fell off the top. Then I tried to make those sausage pancake thingies again in the sandwich maker but there was too much batter and it started splooshing out the sides like a squishy beige waterfall. Yuk. Managed to save the sausages, though.
That is tragic. Both those things have happened to me, too. The antiperspirant thing is a conspiracy, you know.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lush
What kind of person goes around stealing other people's trash/poop recepticles? This is what excess snow and cold does to people.As my first royal act, I demand the heads of all these people.
Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
Only the lowest of the low steal plastic recycling containers. I mean, how stupid. Maybe they liked the colours. Hope they decide to keep their socks in the stinky one.
Thank you for your support. It means so very much. Oh come one, I am not being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
Also a little effort into my general health - my Doc put me on meds for high blood pressure. I can't believe it - me- healthy as a horse (cow) taking meds for blood pressure. Doc was also rude enough to suggest that if I lost a little weight and exercised that I could possibly not have to take pills.
Bummer. This is why I've been putting off making an appt for a physical. I don't want to have high blood pressure. Can you say head in sand? I know, I know, I'll make the appointment. Soon. I promise. I blew off a dentist appt this morning, I felt so crappy. Plus they said it was a filling and I swear they filled everything already, and maybe by the time the appt rolls around again, we'll have insurance. Yeah, can you believe we don't have any dental insurance at all because of the stupid paper mill bankruptcy? How depressing. We had to buy our own health ins. too. I hate corporations.

What the heck is Salade Amour, Bagzie? If it's for a gay friend, won't it be a little too forward of you? I think you should go to Boston too. Would you have to drive alone? One of DD's friends is going to be moving to Calais sometime soon. Not that that has anything to do with anything.

I think you'll be alright with upgrading I.E., Sugar. I've noticed a lot of online stuff requires it.

Where's Peachbutt lately? Isn't this her day off? Is she dissing us? She's not over there with Alternamommys, is she?

It's a beautiful sunny day today--after being less than 10 below zero last night, and not much higher this morning. My nose hairs froze on the way up to the bus stop.

Wabbit, I make DH drive all the garbage cans and recycling up the driveway. I do have to supervise the recycling part of it, otherwise he wouldn't do it. When we first started getting garbage pickup, I often had to drag cans up myself. I decided it wasn't my job.

Kiwi
Old 02-27-2003, 06:39 PM   #66  

Quote:
can you believe we don't have any dental insurance at all
wow. the cheapo company I work for doesn't provide dental insurance either. Oh yeah, it's my company. The cost of health insurance just about lays us away, so everybody's on their own at the dentist.

It's gorgeously sunny here to, Kiwi, but my thermometer says 60 degrees. It's in the sun, though so it's probably a little cooler than that. Can you say springtime????!!!!

My accountant called about my bookkeeping. She said they actually looked pretty good. Or did she say she'd seen worse? I just wasn't cut out for the hum drum life of a bookkeeper. I should have found a much more glamourous career.

Did I tell you that we solved the entertainment center dilemma by buying a huge big screen tv that doesn't require anything to sit on? DH is in hog heaven. I don't understand the attraction men have to huge tv's. Do you think it's a compensating factor???
Old 02-27-2003, 09:41 PM   #67  
Most boring housewife.

Yes, it is a compensating factor.
Silk wrap nails cost about the same as acrylic and look natural, except the polish stays on. You still have to get it done every two weeks, I go every three. They lecture me every time about fungus. Stella is from Korea...South. She says they are not worried about war there at all. It must be wonderful to be in the Axis of evil with no oil. You can do anything.
I don't know where Peaches is...I hope she is fine. It is odd for her to be away for so long. Has she ever done it before?
Bagzie, you are a fool if you don't go. What is wrong with you? You aren't chicken...you are a cow...brave and strong. moo
They say we're not having school tomorrow again. More snow. I've just about had it with this weather.
whine, whine, whine.
What a mess with the bankruptcy, Kiwi. The laws are so backward. They should have to honor commitments to employees irst.
I'm off. bye
Old 02-28-2003, 08:54 AM   #68  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

of course i did not go to boston---i am from the cartoon---COW and CHICKEN---i LOVE that cartoon---of course in this instance---i am chicken----boston is seven hours away by car-----pretty close eh???-----one reason i won't go -----if i DO choose to go away for five days,i would rather go with dh---------salade d'amour was a big hit----it has baby spinach,white rice,cashews,raisins,mushrooms,green pepper,celery,crunchy chinese noodles,and a dressing made with soy sauce,olive oil and garlic----VERY yum----Peachers emailed me a few days ago and sounded VERY fluish----send her e-cards!!!! she was weak and woozy and was going back to bed------------------------------------
Old 02-28-2003, 09:33 AM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

NO I CANNOT SAY SPRINGTIME!! I CAN SAY SNOWBANK. I CAN SAY WIND CHILL. I CAN SAY SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER. I CAN SAY ICE AND 2 MORE MONTHS OF WINTER. I CANNOT SAY SPRINGTIME.

Judging by the way DH squints at the TV, I would say that men like big screen TVs because they don't have to bother focusing their eyes which might require effort. Plus the boobs are bigger that way.

La salade sounds quite lovely, Bagz. Good job. 5 days is a long time to stay in Boston, I have to admit. It's so da** expensive to stay there. Frankly I'm bored with Boston. But I lived there a long time, and I've been there so many times since then, I'm not very enthusiastic about it. Of course with a bunch of friends it would always be fun (but, hey, so's the corner bar! )

Kiwonkers I think I'll go back to bed.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:18 AM   #70  
Most boring housewife.

I'm using my steamer. It is a wonder. Poor Peaches.
Bagzie, I'd go anywhere for five days. Anywhere. Just to stay in a hotel and sleep. Heaven.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #71  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

what are you doing with your steamer???your face or your rice---i heard that you can steam oatmeal and it tastes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better--i love oatmeal so i will try this method and report back on what i think----HOW IS EVERYONE'S DIET GOING???YESTERDAY I WAS SO MAD I ATE HALF A LARGE BAG OF LAY'S RUFFLES [FULL FAT OF COURSE]
Old 02-28-2003, 04:21 PM   #72  
Most boring housewife.

My steamer is a cleaning steamer. It puts steam on dirty places and then I wipe them clean. This is truly amazing. You must all go buy one. Use it once. Put it in the garage. Forget it. That's probably what I'm going to do.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:04 PM   #73  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagzz
HOW IS EVERYONE'S DIET GOING???
Are we on a diet? That must be why I'm so hungry.

I want a steamer. For oatmeal, and for oatmeal colored furnishings. Perhaps one of you could buy one, use it once, and then send it me.

We are going to a coffeehouse tonight in a town 45 miles away, so that DD can get an idea of whether she would like to play there. They have open mike night on Fridays apparently. Her guitar teacher suggested this. DH keeps asking me if I really want to go. Yes, dear, how many freakin' times do I have to say that this is what I'd like to do? I swear I think he's losing it. Not that I blame him--this whole town is losing it. Yesterday he was answering an employment ad (he procrastinated 10 days to do so--not real serious, I'd say), and he debated whether to send it via email or post. He asked me several times what I thought, and of course I said email would be faster. So he sent it by postal mail.

ANYWAY, gotta go.

Kiwi
Old 02-28-2003, 05:06 PM   #74  
fatter than U

Default I could use a steamer right now

My baby (the bigger one) turned 10 today. Where does the time go? Remember when he was in kindergarten? Party is over. They entertained themselves. Some of those boys should bathe more often. I didn't mention it but next year I'm putting Arrid Extra Dry in their party bags.

Dh's birthday is Tuesday. I have no idea what to get him. He has everything, including a giant TV.

Poor Peaches! I remember she said she was feeling a bit poorly after she started the rash detox treatment. Hope it's not from that.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:13 PM   #75  

Sugar, those boys are at that goofy age, before they discover girls and start taking 3 showers a day. Watch out - 10 is on the brink of teenagehood.

I've always wanted one of those steamers that take the wrinkles out of your clothes so you don't have to iron. I hate ironing with a passion. That's why DH goes around so rumpled looking. But cute.

That is sooo cool about DD playing at a coffeehouse, Kiwi. Wonderful experience for her. My DH doesn't listen to me, either. He asks alot of questions, but very seldom bothers to listen to the answer. So then he asks again. Drives me crazy.

Bagzie is probably already out drinking margies by now.

Hope Peachers is feeling better.

Everyone have an absolutely divine weekend. I think tonight would be a good night to go out to eat, dontcha think??
Closed Thread