Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 10:26 AM   #31  
Most boring housewife.

.Oh Cherry, aren't you sick, sick, sick of this weather? It is cold here, now, too. All weekend long it was in the 40's and the &*%#@** snow was melting. Now it is cold again and all that water is ice, on MY roads impeding MY travel.
I did not have a good food day yesterday. I ate a whole pack of graham crackers. How pitiful. I will work it off at Bulges today. You would think that being with all those tiny girl bodies would motivate me, but all it makes me think is that someday those young skinny girls are going to get old and fat, too. Why bother...bad attitude!!!!!
I'm home all day and I'm cleaning. My first job will be to bring order to the laundry room. It is floorless. I will be back with my next batch of boredom when I am finished.
While I am gone, please think of things I could go to graduate school for since I really hate teaching and don't want to just stay home all day. I don't want to be a lawyer, too tedious. I don't want to teach, too many kids. I don't want to....well I don't want to do anything...I just want to spend my day doing something pleasant that I enjoy. I also want to dress nicely and go out to lunch as much as possible. I want to be able to go to the bathroom whenever I want...a big downfall of teaching. I don't want to be with anyone stupid and I don't like gossippy offices unless I'm the one gossiping. Ok, discuss.
I'll be back when I discover my laundry room floor

Here we are a half hour later, I didn't fully excavate the laundry room. The clothes have to be washed first. So, I organized what I could.
Next job, unload and load dw and kitchen. I'll be back.
that's done....now I'll go back to the laundry room....the knee brace people just called to tell me that our insurance will not cover DD's brace unless it is metal rather than plastic...why? They say that no one complies witht he metal brace because it is to uncomfortable and restricting...I should just buy her the plastic one because I'll end up buying the plastic in the end, anyway. Do you have any idea what we pay for health insurance? It drives me nuts. I'm back. I've napped. Now I'm going to keep moving...in the kitchen and laundry room.

Last edited by Lush; 02-24-2003 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:56 PM   #32  
Member w/ messiest house

Default That's good!

Old slow computers are so frustrating.

It's a beautiful sunny day here today. Not that I'm going to go outside or anything radical like that.... Our sewer line backed up last night -- I heard what sounded like a woodpile falling down in the basement. I did not investigate --not my province. That's a "brown job" -- DH is looking after it today. Apparently the line froze. I may not even look down there at all. I am apathy herself.

I'm ebaying today. Buying, selling, you just never know

Oh Lush!! I don't know why I didn't see you there, you certainly are colorful! I have a thought for you -- you should go into Library Science. Being a librarian would be very pleasant, I think. Of course, I am saying this because I have considered the idea myself. I would never pawn off an un-thought-about idea.

That is so messed up about the knee brace -- they will only pay for the one that they recommend against? I thought if anything they would only pay for the one they recommended.

DH is retching down in the basement. That'll teach him to be out of work.

Ta
Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 02-24-2003 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:14 PM   #33  
Most boring housewife.

You have sewers? I don't have sewers. Why do you have sewers in Boondocks, Maine and I don't have them in NJ? Life is so unfair.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:21 PM   #34  
Member w/ messiest house

Nah, not really. Not actual sewers. Talking about the line out to the septic. Actually it's even more primitive than a septic system -- it's a cesspool out in the woods. There, now you feel better, right? By the way, I edited my above post in your honor.

Kiwi
Old 02-24-2003, 03:31 PM   #35  
Most boring housewife.

Librarian...that's a good one! I'll bet I'm close....English with Ed....how far could a librarian job be? Kiwi, you're inspired! Would you think I'm a copycat if I did it? It is right up my library...it wouldn't pay much but imagine how much I'd save in fines! I will look into it.
We have a cesspool, too. I feel better that you have a cesspool, too. I would have had to be envious if you had sewers...but I guess people with sewers don't get basement backups. Ours was hand made by the man who built(?) our house. You may remember that our house is an old farm out building that was first inhabited with no plumbing or electric. The guy who made it a house did everything himself....that sounds charming, but it was really a pit when we bought it from his estate....it was like Tobacco Road do-it-yourself. But he did know how to build a cesspool. The leechfield extends 200 feet back into the yard.... so unless the pipes are blocked, we're never full.
Kiwi, thanks so much for your suggestion. It is a great idea. Now, tell me how to clean the house.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:28 PM   #36  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Lush
Librarian...that's a good one! I'll bet I'm close....English with Ed....how far could a librarian job be? Kiwi, you're inspired! Would you think I'm a copycat if I did it?
Certainly not -- I think there's room for more than one

Quote:
We have a cesspool, too. I feel better that you have a cesspool, too. ... Ours was hand made by the man who built(?) our house. You may remember that our house is an old farm out building that was first inhabited with no plumbing or electric. The guy who made it a house did everything himself....that sounds charming, but it was really a pit when we bought it from his estate....it was like Tobacco Road do-it-yourself.
Do we live in the same house? Why would the world need 2 houses like ours? Ours was built by the paper company as a bunk house for guys who tended the nearby dam, or so I've been told. We've also seen pictures of what looks like the originally house down by the edge of the lake, so we assume they moved it up the hill and plunked it down here on what can only be described as a half-a**ed basement foundation. Then people started adding on--crap. The people who owned it before us seem to have done the worst stuff to it: replaced the windows with really cheap, much smaller windows, covered the painted tongue-in-groove indoor walls with crap ugly panelling, put in really cheap flooring (now coming up in chunks) in the kitchen and bath, etc. They never quite finished anything (maybe we are related to them) -- the wall behind the toilet didn't get a full coat of paint, mop boards were half-done or missing, screws and other hardware were missing.

Ah well. Someday we're gonna just rip it down and have a big bonfire and a dance. You are all invited.

Kiwi
Old 02-24-2003, 06:56 PM   #37  

Quote:
Why would the world need 2 houses like ours?
Well apparently the world needed 3 houses like that, because Lush just described our house. My house was originally built as a cabin around 1910, then burned to the foundation 2x's, the last reincarnation was in the early 60's. Whenever they had a kid or Granny moved in they tacked on a room with whatever scrap lumber they had laying around. When we moved in the washer drained out into the front pasture and the kitchen sink drained into a hole in the back yard.

Lush, you can be the librarian in charge of books on tape.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:02 AM   #38  
Member w/ messiest house

What am I doing here at this hour? Blaechh
Old 02-25-2003, 09:11 AM   #39  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the dog days of winter have me in a blue funk---don't feel like i have a thing to say------
Old 02-25-2003, 02:40 PM   #40  

This will not do at all. I'm depending on you cows to amuse me. Bagzie, you still haven't told me what you're planning for the greenhouse this spring. Remember spring???? Remember flowers and green plants? Get out some pictures of your garden and peruse them. You'll feel better. It's hard to remember what's under all that white stuff, huh?

It's my big billing day today. I should be working.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #41  
Member w/ messiest house

My favorite doggies are on Martha Stewart on Thursday. I know that is not particularly amusing, but that's all I got today.

Kiwi
Old 02-25-2003, 05:13 PM   #42  

It doesn't take much to amuse me.

Speaking of which, it will be bunco night this saturday. whoooo-hooooo! My sis is hostessing. It will be a Cajun food theme. Like I said - it doesn't take a whole lot to amuse me. Which reminds me - Lush hasn't posted a list lately.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:20 AM   #43  
fatter than U

Fishing around in my freezer today removing various UFOs (unidentified frozen objects) to make room for things that we actually might eat. If you don't hear from me again, I have fallen in and no one has noticed. I suppose all of you have made careful lists of your freezer's contents enabling you to plan meals one month ahead? I have to make about a thousand mini-pizzas for ds9s birthday party on Friday.

What's your favourite dog, Kiwi? These are so cute.
I want one

Speaking of favourites, where's Peaches?
Old 02-26-2003, 08:54 AM   #44  
Most boring housewife.

I'm here....I'm considering a list.
Everybody should go to http://www.moveon.org/ today to participate in the Virtual March.
thank you

Back again...doing my list...yes, I'm a bore, but....there's no but, I'm just a bore.
1. get book on tape Free Fall...a thriller
2. unloaddone
3. loaddone
4. get wash together done
5. shift washdone
6. organize trash outside before it snows again and it is all covered ....againthis weather is ridiculous...they say we could get another 12 inches...
7. clean up living room where DS decided to clean out backpack and left 200000000000papers on floor....it's hereditary but that doesn't mean I don't resent it.
8. 10 minutes each bedroom I didn't feel like this one
9. dust family roomI'm watching Law and Order....
10. shift wash done

Last edited by Lush; 02-26-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:09 AM   #45  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i admit i am boring and i admit you are all boring as well. hi ,my name is marianne and i am a bore.hi marianne.
Closed Thread