Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 10:10 AM   #16  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

I am even more boring than lush----all the cold and snow have left me dozy---i didn't even get to the computer at all yesterday--------snoooooooooooooooooore
Old 02-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #17  

What does boring have to do with it?????? I'm here and you all know how boring I am.

I have a new accountant. He is very efficient. He makes me feel like a schlump. My old accountant was a schlump. He made me feel efficient.

Bagzie, I was wondering.... If it's this cold in February up there, when do your plum trees bloom??? Do you have plum trees? They're all pink and fluffy around here right now. And when do you prune your roses? Tell me what you have planned for your greenhouse this spring.
Old 02-21-2003, 03:03 PM   #18  
The magic shrinking cow

I'm sure no one missed me, but here I am (watching a creepy wedding story where the bride and groom look like brother and sister.)

Needless update: I'm still fat.

Pointless update: I'm still exercising (but not as much because my knees have been in major pain since last Wednesday.)

Sugar P- did you see the new TSH news? When the doctors actually believe it in ten years, I can finally get treated! (I'm so tired of being so cold!) (and fat.)

Hi to everyone! Lushie, I'm glad you made it through the snow okay!Wabby- that stinks about the entertainment center! And they probably don't even think of that as fraud! Kiwi- post as soon as you get home safely! Peachy, I can't wait until I don't have to worry about landlords anymore. You're buying your next home, right? Bagzie, hi!

I must go do a yoga tape. Ooo, I'm so stretchy and new age!
Old 02-21-2003, 03:35 PM   #19  
fatter than U

Of course we miss you, Cherry! But we know you're always out there somewhere doing your thing. Your exercise routines sound fantastic. Only wish I had the energy.

Just read the TSH news in the newsletter. Think your doc would believe it if you printed it out for him backwards and glued it onto his forehead? Have you been back there lately? Yours was almost 5, wasn't it?

Mummy says her huge Cherry tree is bloomin its little heart out. Our garden is still grey and frozen.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:07 PM   #20  

We always miss you Cherry Pie. We just know you're an incredibly busy woman. For us slower types, what is TSH? Explain, please.

I'm seriously thinking about going down to the furniture store w/ my digital camera, taking a photo of the way this entertainment center was displayed, and filing a small claims suit for the extra $300 it will cost me. I've never sued anyone in my life, but I feel like the way this place is operating is so fraudulent, it's my duty as a consumer. Besides that, I'm sooooo ticked.

Here's a picture of this thing. See the little picture in the tv screen? that's what was displayed at the store, not w/ a big tv like the big picture. Do you guys think I'm nutty? http://www.furniturefind.com/delmar/ashton.htm
Old 02-21-2003, 04:49 PM   #21  
fatter than U

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. It's a test to measure your thyroid levels. I blame everything on my thyroid - it's so convenient.

You mean you want a small tv instead of a big one, Wabby? Are they trying to annoy you?

I'll tell you about My Adventures with Online Banking tomorrow
Old 02-22-2003, 11:46 AM   #22  
fatter than U

Are you all out shopping or what???
Old 02-22-2003, 01:54 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
I want what I was sold. I'm reallllllly ticked.
I don't blame you for being livid, Wabbit. What a bunch of crooks. You'd think they'd want to sell you the whole shebang in the first place, wouldn't you? Did they deliver the top shelf piece for the center section? I guess that's what they are calling the 3rd piece, but I agree they are full of cr**. Besides, the ad says the TV "cart" is 400, not 500.

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
Help! I can't see the picture. I must be going blind. Do I have to push something?
Gee, neither can I. Maybe it's because I forgot to attach it!!! I'll try to manage that on this post...

Oh gosh, I'm torn--should I bring DH along to take care of me, or put myself up in the Hyatt? Decisions, decisions... I took DD and her friend with me, not that either of them can drive, and had my appointment. I was doing fine with the whole idea -- the drops, and I had 6,000 of them, were wearing off in 20-30 minutes (I was there for 2-1/2 hours, so I was kinda getting some idea how it was). Then they pulled a fast one on me--the last thing the dr. did was put some killer drops in and then jam some little scope right onto the surface of my eye! Hurty, hurty, stop turning that thing . I couldn't even open my eye for quite a while. Then he did it to the other eye!!

So I walked out of there completely maimed; I couldn't stand any sunlight and I could just hardly open my eyes at all. There was no question of driving anywhere, so we called my cleanie dietitian friend and she picked us up and took us out to lunch and shopping. After a couple of hours I was fine. They want me back in 6 weeks -- not that there is anything serious, but you know how doctors are. Why not torture me again?

Geez, you know they treat dogs for TSH abnormalities, you'd think they could get around to doing something for people....

Hi Cherry, sure we miss you, we just know you aren't going to post every day. How's the winter been out your way? I'm so amazed it finally got up over freezing for the past couple of days.

Yesterday I took the girls shopping (DD had to spent large quantities of her birthday money -- she bought an odd skirt made out of the material they use in windpants I think and I got her a pair of nice pants, and she found some things at Hot Topic -- an Incubus (band) sweatshirt and a this color t-shirt that says I BREAK THINGS on it. She's different...), and after dinner I took them to a ski mountain and they went tubing! For like 3 hours. They had a blast. I watched, and I sat around reading a book. I was too drained to consider joining them.

Big headache today. Could that be from having klieg lights shone into my eyes for 2-1/2 hours yesterday?

Kiwi
Old 02-22-2003, 01:55 PM   #24  
Member w/ messiest house

Now that's scary, eh?
Old 02-23-2003, 09:10 AM   #25  
fatter than U

REALLY SCARY!!!

I am inspired to go make something.

See, Kiwi? I told you that mild mannered eye doctor was a torturer in disguise. I remember that feeling of not even being able to open my eyes. And they want you back in 6 weeks???? Ahhhhhh!

Oh, now I get it about you entertainment centre, Wabby! Had to go back and read the other post too. I wonder how many other people were ripped off? Did they tell you what they consider to be the 3rd piece???
Old 02-23-2003, 01:59 PM   #26  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm going quietly insane. DH is cleaning out computer programs. I think I'm going to burst a blood vessel in my brain.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:19 PM   #27  

I'm here, and on a Sunday. I can't tell you what the weather is like here or nobody will like me anymore.

I don't have a thing to tell you. DH took me out to a restaurant that he considers "yuppie". He said he was doing it because he loves me, not because he likes the restaurant. He has also done home improvement stuff all weekend. I wonder what he's up to.

I had a margie on friday in your honor, Bagzie.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:31 PM   #28  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwonk
DH is cleaning out computer programs.
Ahhhhhh! Don't let him do that! Dh touched something today that he shouldn't have and afterwards the computer wouldn't start but luckily with XP you have that "Bring me Back to the Place I was Before You Started Fiddling" thingie so everything is ok again.

The guy at the bank was just as bad. I went to pick up my home banking secret decoder ring and he started typing stuff into the computer and *then* he started flouncing around (he's the flouncy type, if you know what I mean) saying "Oooooooooh! I just haaaaaaaaate this computer stuff. I caaaaaaaaan't doooooooo it! Karl-Heinz, come and heeeeeeeeeeelp me! What did I do wrooooooooooong?" Made me almost want to jump over the counter and do it myself. Men.

And how is home banking, you ask? *I DON'T KNOW* because nothing works! Not our fault. We did everything right. dh is going to the bank tomorrow to have a talk with that funny little man.

Wabby, your dh is so sweet. What did you eat?
Old 02-23-2003, 04:48 PM   #29  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Poofy bankers

Good grief. You'd think Germans would be good at computers, wouldn't you? (She says with the utmost in stereotyping)

DH was actually getting rid of the disks and boxes and documentation of stuff we don't use anymore. So far he has not tackled the computers per se. Now he's going through his 4 million boating magazines. I certainly won't be objecting to that. He already knows better than to try to get rid of anything of mine

That's nice of your DH to go to a restaurant just for you, Wabbit. I hope he didn't rub it in too much... I got a mighty good review of dinner last night -- I made my special pot roast, with the blended vegetable gravy. DH loves it. DD at least ate it.

I have such a headache. Still.

We got snow last night and I haven't been outside today.

Cheerio, I'm so cheery.

Not.

Kiwi
Old 02-23-2003, 08:50 PM   #30  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello again! It's snowing here... earlier this week, it was warm enough for my denim jacket. My knees still hurt. Stupid knees. I'm getting a new computer next week and should hopefully be able to post more (my computer is so old and slow that it takes minutes to load pages... and longer than that if they have pop-ups.
Closed Thread