3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldlies in January - Looking Back & Forward (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/249408-worldlies-january-looking-back-forward.html)

happy2bme 01-20-2012 12:59 PM

Good morning ladies,

Temps are warming up - going to get above zero today. Not by much but above zero. House is still creakig from the cold though. Two of my videos came in from the library yesterday and DH picked them up for me. One was John Adams - a 6 hour miniseries that was on HBO cable a few years back. It's about American history and how the colonies chose their independence from England as well as the early years of government. Wasn't sure I'd like it although it got rave reviews and won 13 emmy awards but as I started to watch it, I really got into it. I made homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday and for once it really came out flavorful but the chicken must have had alot of fat in it because I got heartburn in the evening. Then I got a really bad headache and my allergies got so bad I had to take 2 pills last night. What a mess when I went to sleep. I think alot has to do with it being dry here. I have a warm air humidifier in the basement which is helping tone down the shocks and bought a new cool air humidifier for the loft area. I think I like the warm air one better. The cool air doesn't put out much moisture but to me it feels cool and clammy. And it doesn't seem to do anything except maybe enhance the static shocks :dunno:

Michelle - how nice that you had a good IT party. Where I came from they would only do that for the managers (of which we had a ratio of more than 1 mgr to 4 workers). They would rah rah, pat themselves on the back for doing such a fabulous job, get word on just how big their big fat February bonuses would be while the people who mostly got the department successful sat back at their desks working and continuing the success :rolleyes: I'm glad you like your company - it means alot these days. Sounds like your company is very similar to my old one in how they handled the reporting function. They too rolled out new software but had a couple of false starts and it was still in development when I left - it seemed like it would be a good tool if they ever got it off the ground. Sorry to hear that DH is having such a difficult time getting over the lung bug. That's a long time to be sick - must be sapping the energy right out of him. And there's not much you can do to speed things along except let it take it's time and hope the medications kick in. :( Good to hear that you got some good relief from your procedure. Are you good to go for 6 months or so?

Thank you all for the seed catalogue suggestions. I will look into the Parks company.

Michelle and Laura - hope you don't get belted with that snowstorm that is heading down your way. Wear your boots today!

Laura - how was Lou Malnati's? I am living vicariously through you. :hungry: I have an urge to make ravioli - never did before and it looks like it's not too hard.

Ceejay - wow another 4 day weekend - how nice. I always thought I'd prefer to work four 10 hour days and have 3 day weekends. You get so much more accomplished that way - at work and at home. Enjoy your long weekend.

Shad - have you decided what you'd like to do this weekend yet as you are closing out the workday? Mining sounds fun - is it above ground?

:wave: Hellos to Mel and Annie

I think I'm going to go rustle me up some lunch here. Happy Friday chicks.

Shad 01-20-2012 05:07 PM

Morning all,

Message from Mel.

JOY.....OH MY GOD I AM JUST LUCKY TO BE HOME AND ALIVE.
WISH I WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO TYPE THE WHOLE ORDEAL. BUT MAYBE IT'S A GOOD THING TO JUST GET ON WITH GETTING BETTER. LEAVE THE NIGHTMARE BEHIND. LOL

I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO TALK BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK. THE NURSE COMES DAILY AND CAN STILL HEAR THE "RALE" IN THE LEFT LUNG. IT'S LAGGING BEHIND BUT STEADILY PROGRESSING. THE PAINS ARE A LOT LESS AND THE SCIATICA HAS SHUT UP SINCE GETTING BACK INTO MY OWN BED......THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE REASON THEY SENT ME HOME WAS BECAUSE I WAS BEGINNINGTO GO BACKWARDS AND PROBLENMS WERE INCREASING. THEY FELT THE STRESSES OF THE HOSPITAL AND LACK OF PROPER CARE WERE THE CAUSE. AGAINST MY NEW DR'S BETTER JUDGEMENT, SHE SENT ME HOME ANYWAY. I ASSURED HER IT WOULD ALL WORK OUT. TOLD HER IF I THOUGHT FOR ONE MINUTE I WAS GETTING WORSE I WOULD COME BACK. SHE MADE ME PINKY PROMISE.

THE BREATHING IS EASING UP A BIT. THANK GOD FOR INHALERS!
NOT MUCH ELSE IS NEW. HOPE THE COAL MINES ARE WORKING OUT OK. I MISS THE CHICKS BUT SITTING HERE ISN'T GOOD. MAYBE JEN WILL READ ME SOME POSTS OVER THE WEEKEND.

LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING PROBLEMS....HOPE NOT.

SENDING YOU LOVE MY LITTLE SISTER. A FEW MORE DAYS AND WE CAN CHAT AND WASTE ALL OUR PHONE MINUTES!!
LOVE, MEL

So she is up and about again, be careful what you say about her now :rofl:

Went to go to the gym this morning but got there and I can't find my card in my wallet. Seem to remember just chucking it in the bag last time I went but it is nowhere to be seen right now. Guess I will either have to go outside and run or pay for another one - darn it all.

Weather out there this morning is just beautiful. It will get hotter later in the day, but right now is just nice. I'm about to go out and mow the lawns in the front and then get stuck into the housework. Maybe I will even find that darned card.

Work rolls on. I'm back in Yarrabee for an overnight the week after next and then I am there for five weeks through February into March. It's an interesting place especially the butterflies.

Annie - off to Florida - I'm jealous. Hope you have a wonderul time. How are you going to get one without your lil monkey fix a couple of times a week?

Michelle - sometimes something good comes of a change of job at work. Hope it works well for you. Pity you couldn't have used the website work or used it as an educational path for a new diploma or something. They would have looked at that.

Ceejay - Hope the four day weekend is going well. Are you on the road to Paragould or somewhere?

Happy - sounds like your move might have been a good thing for you both. Stay warm and cosy. Filled the freezer yet?

Time to go and get some work done. I've been spending a lot of time working on the family tree and have now gone back to the early 1700's. My fathers family as always remains stubbornly hidden. That trip to the UK is becoming more important. Gravestones hear I come.

Anyway, I am out of here.

ceejay52 01-20-2012 06:09 PM

Shad
There's two in my family that have work on our ancestry for my father's side. I may start on my mom's side. My sis took us way back. Hope you find your card for the gym. And thanks for sharing the information about Mel. Glad she is feeling a bit better.

Happy
I wish we did work 10 hour day's instead of 12 hours. Sorry your allergies acted up on you. I know that can be miserable. Let me know how the Ravioli turns out. I've been temped to try that myself.

------
My 4 day week end is going good. I'm still confused as what day it is when I wake up in the mornings. Wednesday I had my hair cut. Thursday I went to lunch with friends, yum pizza and today went with a friend to Jonesboro to court at the Federal Building. That was an experience. No cell phones plus you had to have your ID and then went through a scanner like at the airport.

Their is rumors flying around town that our Mayor has been arrested. I'm not sure if how true this is. I called a co-worker and she didn't know anything. But that's logical. We operator's are always the last to know. Their has been nothing on the local news.

ceejay52 01-21-2012 09:49 AM

bumping us up.

Good Morning to all

happy2bme 01-21-2012 02:08 PM

howdy peeps,

Just checking in also. Still cold here. Looking for some things to do - will go see a raptor program at the local natural history museum next week. We try to get out at least once a week. There is a town north of us that has murals painted on the outside buildings - supposed to be nice but it's a bit too cold to do that comfortably yet.

Hope all is well with the chicks. Thank you Shad for forwarding Mel's note to us. Sounds like she has had quite the ordeal. Bamm - smacked her a good one. Hope you are resting and getting better Mel - we love and miss you :hug:

Not much going on to talk about so I will just get off the computer and go do something productive. Have a good weekend and don't forget to have some fun.

Shad 01-21-2012 04:28 PM

Not much to report here either. Slept in this morning and probably would not have woken if Sunday hadn't been yelling for breakfast. Darn cat.

Morning Ceejay and Happy. Will be back later to check on the chicks.

diyana 01-22-2012 09:08 AM

Hi ladies -

sorry for not posting yesterday...just wasn't feeling that great. After working Friday evening and up early on Saturday to get the dogs to the groomers, when I finally got home, all I wanted to do was relax. Yesterday, while waiting for the dogs to get done, I went to the library near there to look for some good programming books that I could purchase as resources for my new job duties, and I found some really good ones that take a person from a beginner level through advanced.

This morning, I remembered that my company has an account with an online books service....just technical and business related books though...no fun reads. I was able to find online all the good resource books that I found in the library...so I don't need to purchase them. I'm thrilled about this because quality technical books aren't cheap (roughly $50 each) and since the technology is ever-changing, within a year the content is out of date and if you purchase the book all you're left with is a $50 paperweight or door stop! :rofl:

I'm so glad that Mel is feeling well enough to write. Many get well hugs to you, Mel.

Before I forget...Mischief had another blood test on Friday, and her results were much better. The vet would still like them to be a little lower, but based on other factors in her blood test, the vet said that Mischief could've been a little dehydrated...so her values may in fact be at or near the correct level! :yay: We're supposed to keep her at the same levels of all her meds and re-check in 3 weeks. It's such a relief to know that Mischief is finally getting stabilized. :D

I've got a ton of website work to get done today, so I'd better get to it. Sorry for the lack of personals.

Much love and many hugs to all of you,

Laura705 01-22-2012 09:10 AM

Morning all.

Happy - Sorry the allergies and the dryness of the air are bugging you. At least you can take naps if necessary to make up for a poor night's sleep! Did you see the raptor lecture? Nice you can delve into things like that and the Adams mini-series. When you don't have time to explore your interests, you stick with the tried and true, but won't it interesting all the things you discover you like to do and see now that you have the time?? :)

Shad - Thanks for passing along Mel's message. Hope the gym card has turned up by now!! I think my sister has done a bit of poking into the family ancestry, but I'm not sure what she's discovered....

Ceejay - So have you found out more about the mayor??

Hellos to the Annie, Michelle & Mel!! :wave:
===
Well, lugged home the blasted laptop and a couple files to try and do some catchup work at home this morning and of course I can't access the network to use the files I want. So annoying, especially when I think about how heavy my backpack was. And of course that was Friday evening when we got all the snow and bf didn't pick me up from the train. (He took the dog for a walk and they met me about halfway home.) Not that I phoned and asked for a ride, lol. Anyway, the walk home slogging through the snow with that !@# backpack tired me out.

Okay, rant over. I think I can get to my e-mail and so I might just clean that up a bit.

Yesterday morning bf got out and cleared the sidewalks and driveway with the snowblower, and he didn't finish til after 9 am, so I went to the 9:30 Zumba class instead of the 9 am circuit class. It was good. I always enjoy it when I go, and this particular instructor is always fun.

Afterwards I did some puttering around the house, then got out to shop for my wallet. Ended up buying one on clearance from Target. Checked Marshall's too, but they didn't have anything. Gawd why do I go in there?! I just can't stand the mess.

So now I have this "genuine leather" wallet that is so stiff - it's just got to be "bonded leather", which I think might have some bits of genuine leather in it, but also has other stuff thrown in and made into something faintly resembling real leather. Not that I know how they can get away with calling it "genuine". Oh well, it was 7 bucks and has enough slots and compartments to suffice until I find another one. If I stopped carrying around so much junk, I could really expand my options - all those cute little things out there that hold maybe one or two cards and some cash... But that's not me.

Then there was lunch, and then a doggy walk and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening under my snuggly with my book and the tv.

Okay, gonna post and spend a bit of time on e-mail and then reward myself with the newspaper and some tea.

Have a great day everyone.

ceejay52 01-22-2012 09:48 AM

Morning every one
Back to work for me today. ugh.

laura
No, I haven't heard anything else about the mayor. Hope these are false rumors which this small town is noted for.

Michelle
Glad to hear that Mischief's blood work was almost normal.

Happy
I'm envious of your retirment. I checked into mine and after going over the expenses I might can retire in August when I turn 62. I wouldn't get as much as I would if I waited till I'm 66 though.

Shad
Are you back to work today since it's Monday down under.

------
My sister from Missouri called me Friday night happy as a lark. She and bil have bought a condo in Branson, Mo. She'll start to work there at a neurologist office Monday. And is wanting me to come up there. Told me I would have to pay rent etc. Makes it very, very, very, tempting. Told her to check to see if there were medical receptionist jobs available. I'd like to work part time. Guess I could babysit her grand children.

We're supposed to get thunderstorms later today and into the night. Starting out at 41 degrees and warming up to 60 degree's. It's not Spring yet Mother Nature.

happy2bme 01-22-2012 04:45 PM

Happy Sunday afternoon ladies,

We were supposed to get some icy weather but it looks like it might have dried up before it got here :crossed: but we are due for some snow tonight. I don't mind it because it looks pretty coming down and DH is the one to shovel it :rofl:

We had a date night last night - I try to find one thing a week for us to do, see, or check out. We went to see a blues influenced rock band at the small local theater in town. I was doing this more for DH's sake since he's the blues guy and I'm more Barry Manilow (which he refuses to take me to even though Barry has set up more concert dates closer and closer to me ;) ) But this group - group 2 brothers and a friend were really good and I enjoyed it as much as he did. We had dinner at a local brew pub - a bit loud and probably a good place for drinks more than the food. I had a burger that was quite good but DH did not enjoy his beef rib - I wasn't impressed either. But all in all, we had a nice night out that we both enjoyed.

Today it was supposed to be icy with snow later so we planned on staying inside. DH made breakfast this morning and I'm trying to think of something light for dinner - I've had a craving for Asian lettuce wraps - might try that.

I hear there is some devistating weather headed your way Ceejay - be careful. Hope the rain isn't too bad and the tornadoes don't form. There's a price to pay for such warm weather. As far as retirement goes, the peace of mind and lack of stress it takes on the body makes up for the fact that we have to tighen our belts more. I would definitely recommend it but you have to know what you want out of life so you can comfortably live in the bounds of what's needed. Is your sister inviting you to come up to Branson? That would be nice - no cotton fields to irritate the lungs I suppose.

Michelle - glad to hear that Doppler had some improved numbers. I'm sure that puts your mind at ease a bit. I hear you on the tech books costing so much - I had some SAP boat anchors I paid lots for that we gave away to the library. It's hard to deal with the electronic copies - many times you just need to be able to touch the book for reference sakes.

Laura - I have found that there are some things worth paying more for - leather being one of them - it just holds up better. I keep my cards in a change purse type of thing and try and keep my wallet thinner. Argh - I feel for you slogging home with the laptop in tow. Feels like you have the weight of the world - and you didn't even get get to make use of it! :mad: Did you get much snow?

Shad - Sunday seems to be quite the noisy one. Boo would just get on DH's chest and pat his face with her paw. One of the things DH liked best about her was that she was quiet.

Hi there Mel - here's you :hug: for today. I did santize before I grabbed you - and not too hard :lol:

Hope you are having a nice weekend with the family Annie.

I think I'd better go get on with those lettuce wraps.

annie175 01-22-2012 05:22 PM

Sunday evening and have not done one thing...still in my robe...haven't even had a shower yet. Spent Saturday cleaning house then went to watch bro's band...danced my arse off...babysat Friday night lil monkey man. He is just too darn cute. I am so lazy today and tired. I have jury duty tomorow...that will be a change in pace.

Not doing personals because by golly I am too lazy...lol

Hope MELLIE is feeling much better...everyone have a marvelous Monday.

Shad 01-22-2012 09:08 PM

Morning all,

Back to work Monday. Scotty is lamenting a lost weekend. Someone else is whinging about being up the creek without the appropriate paddle. Many others have failed to arrive at all. Must be going to be one of those weeks.

Happy - good to hear that you two are settling into retirement life, but then you planned for and wanted it and so here you are. Good idea for a weekly date. Makes sure that at least one time a week you make time to make yourself look good and get out of the 4 walls.

Michelle - good results from Mischief. That's a relief for you I am sure. Sorry that you weren't feeling that great.

Laura - gym card has not turned up. Lord knows what I did with that. I haven't given up hope completely yet but it is not looking good. However betcha that as soon as I have bought a new one, the old one will magically re-appear. I also seem to have lost my little black book that I use as my to do list. No doubt that will turn up as well along with the gym card.
My wallet must be like yours - lots of compartments, zips etc. I find that very handy when I go overseas, the old currency goes into one of the zipped areas and the new currency is out in the open. But mine is not stiff - I think it is genuine leather and it is bright red so I can see it in the depths of my black lined handbags.

Ceejay - while it often sounds nice to check in with the relatives in retirement, it doesn't always work out that way. Be very sure before you give up your complete independence. Working part time sounds so nice.

Annie - does absolutely no harm to have a down day once in a while especially after a busy week and an exhausting dance night. Have fun on Jury duty. Hope you get a nice juicy case.

Okay - so now for my news. DS1 rung me last night and suggested I sit down. It seems I am to be a grandmother in August. I should be happy about this but somehow I wish that their relationship was a tad more concrete if you know what I mean. I'm not suggesting marriage although I did ask if there is to be a wedding - which there is not. But I feel a bit xxxxxx about it. Not deliriously happy here. I must ring the DS1 back and apologise for not being more excited. I think he probably realised I wasn't that excited and when I asked how his father had taken the news, he said that he (the father) was speechless - now there's a turn up for the books. It would seem he is no happier about this than I am.
Meantime none of this is the baby's problem and I have to get my head around it and put it into perspective for my head. Since M is 40 they are having all the tests done to ensure a healthy baby. I did not like to ask what will happen if it does not come up healthy.
Anyway - this is my dilemma at the moment. I should be happy for him and her, but I am not. Is there something wrong with me here?

The weekend flew by. The house is nearly spotless, the washing is under control, the kitchen cupboards have been cleaned, the floors in the hard areas are scrubbed and the vacuuming is done. By tomorrow it will probably all need doing again. The DS2 got to work on the castle so maybe soon all the stuff on the patio and lawn can go back inside. It's nearly watertight.
We have a public holiday on Thursday - Australia day and Friday I will probably work from home in preparation for an overnight trip to Yarrabee on Monday/ Tuesday. I also have to decide this week whether I will stay in Blackwater/ Yarrabee for weekends or come home. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Today I have scheduled the repair man to come and look at the dishwasher (he will at the house tomorrow afternoon sometime after 1200). The dishwasher has decided it is flooded and will not work. There is no water in it but never mind. And I have scheduled a trip to the optometrist to get some more contacts because I am currently on my last pair. It's all go around here at the moment.

Better go do some work since I will be leaving work early tomorrow and will probably work from home Friday.

ceejay52 01-23-2012 10:34 AM

Shad
You have a right to you feelings. Let's pray the baby is alright. My sister had her last at age 39.

Annie
You have every right to stay in your pj's all day. You had a very busy week end.

We had a lot of lightening with lou thunder last night. Thank goodness it was over before I went to bed. Nothing new.

happy2bme 01-23-2012 11:28 AM

Good morning to you ladies,

It's snowing the dickens outside right now. We got at least 3 inches, there is a possibility that we might get up to 6. Hope not - that would be too much. At least we didn't get the ice they predicted yesterday. I have plenty of food here - no reason to go out although we were planning on attending a raptor lecture tomorrow at the Natural History museum. If it looks too crummy out tomorrow, we can go to the next one in a few weeks.

Ceejay - I was watching the radar last night down your way. Ugly storms stretching from Mississippi all the way to Chicago. I'm glad you didn't get tornadoes.

Shad - you are one busy little bee. Makes me feel guilty that I should be on more of a routine. As for the new baby - congrats - people take a different approach to children today than we are used to. Is this the son who is over in NZ? Perhaps DS2 will build a room in the castle for the wee one. You have the most organized approach to travelling of anyone that I know, but then again - you travel lots for your living so I'm sure you have developed a tried and true method over time. Hope they got the dishwasher fixed. I was looking at a drawer type when we were in a store a few weeks back and thought of yours. Funny now that you mention yours - geez I hope I didn't jinx yours :o

Annie - I didn't get out of my pjs until 6pm yesterday. Can't say I really liked it that much. In fact not at all, just wanted to see what everyone raves about :lol: Glad you had a nice relaxing Sunday - you are generally as on the run as Shad. Good luck on the jury duty.

I see that everyone else is sleeping in today. It is Monday, isn't it?

I guess I will go downstairs and do a few things and check back later...

Hotcupojava 01-23-2012 11:47 AM

The Lurking Turtle, strikes again

I had a sense that something was wrong with Mel. My senses are seriously lagging and lacking. I've read (quickly) over the last couple of weeks and I see that she is slowly on the mend. Please, please please Mary, keep up with this thread. These are good, worldly women that you care about. Now look what you've gone and done, didn't even know how sick Melly Mel was. And since the first week of January? Wow. That's a shame.

Since I'm a little further out of my shell than normal, I shall endeavor to stay abreast with you all and keep better tags on Mel and the lovely ladies here. Please accept my apologies for not standing near.

Get well Mel. And hello to all you wonderful worldly women. Drag me into February with you, won't you?