Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 12:56 AM   #1  

Default ~The Thin Group #94~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2003!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797
Old 02-18-2003, 12:59 AM   #2  

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Here is something that was sent to me. I thought it was very sweet and inspirational. I hope you ladies like it!

Night, Night!
Sylvia
~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

EIGHT GIFTS THAT DON'T COST A CENT - by Steve Goodier

This simple checklist can help measure how you are nurturing your
relationships.

The Gift of Listening
But you must really listen. Don't interrupt, don't daydream, don't plan your response. Just listen.

The Gift of Affection
Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and
handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.

The Gift of Laughter
Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, "I
love to laugh with you."

The Gift of Solitude
There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.

The Gift of a Favor
Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

The Gift of a Written Note
It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet. A
brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime.

The Gift of a Compliment
A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super job," or "That was a wonderful meal" can make someone's day.

The Gift of a Cheerful Disposition
The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone.

Those who take care of their relationships build whole and happy lives.
============
Old 02-19-2003, 05:11 PM   #3  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Howdie everyone! I am here at Sharon's house - we have been here since Monday. Having a wonderful wonderful visit! Sharon is at work right now, but will be home soon. Hubby and Sharon's hubby, Ken went with their son Dan to fix Dan's car. Sooooo ... that got Dan off the computer and I can post! lol

We had our buttershots last nite ... mmmmmm good -we put them in our hot chocolate. Made for a good nite's sleep ........

Well, now I know where all the snow that was suppose to hit Michigan and never did went to .. HERE! Indiana has the most snow they have had in 10 yrs! It belongs to Michigan -that's why! hahahaha ... anyways, we had to come to Indiana to see our snow - too funny! We are suppose to have another snowfall on Sunday - day before we leave to go to Kansas ... oh well, if it hits and the weather is bad, we'll just stay here another day. My daughter in Kansas says they are having "springlike" weather there. We got a bad start on our trip to Indiana ... didn't get too far from home when there was an accident ahead of us and we were stopped still for well over an hour -- had to wait for the wreckers to clear the road ... then it was slow going for a while cuz of blizzard like weather - then the storm sorta went one way and we went another way and the weather cleared so the driving was pretty good the rest of the way.

Well - hope all is well with everyone! I have been trying to stick to eating right ... have not been journaling but ... went to the WW office today and picked up a couple of their food journal books and am starting today to journal again ... weighed myself on Sharon's scale this morning and was up a couple lbs ... but that was after I had a couple cups of coffee so maybe there was some "liquid" weight there ... hahaha

I'm sure Sharon would want me to say hi to you all for her! So HI FROM SHARON! We'll get on later and talk to ya all soon. Have a great day ... talk to ya soon.

Love, CJ
Old 02-19-2003, 05:13 PM   #4  
CJ

OOPS! I fogot -- thanks for the eight gifts Slyvia - and BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT for starting the new thread! LOL Way to go girl - you got that down pretty pat!

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 02-20-2003, 09:11 AM   #5  
Mother Hen

Thought you all might enjoy this!

For all of us who are feeling a little older and missing those
great old tunes, there is good news! Some of our old favorites have re-released their great hits with new lyrics to accommodate
their aging audience.

Herman's Hermits -" Mrs.. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Walker"

The Bee Gees - "How Can You Mend A Broken Hip"

The Temptations - "Papa's Got a Kidney Stone"

Nancy Sinatra - "These Boots Aren't Made for Bunions"

The Beatles - "I Get By With A Little Help From Depends"

Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grape Nuts"

The Rolling Stones - "You Can't Always Pee When You Want"

Paul Simon - "Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver"

Roberta Flack - "The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face"

ABBA - "Denture Queen"

Leo Sayer - "You Make Me Feel Like Napping"

Commodores - "Once, Twice, Three Times To The Bathroom"

Bobby Darin - "Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' A Flash"

Johnny Nash - "I Can't See Clearly Now"

Procol Harem - "A Whiter Shade of Hair"
Old 02-23-2003, 01:24 AM   #6  
MK

Hi everyone. I am still here. It is SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO nice to be back.

I am going through a rough time now. My mother passed away about a month ago. I was lucky to be with her when she died. I don't know if she knew I was there or not, but I like to think she did. She died 8 days before her and dad's 49 anniversary. I know she is better off now and I will take one day at a time to get through this.

Sylvia: I hope I have this right, your going to have a baby? That is great. When are you due?

CJ: I am not sure what buttershots are, but I think I could use one.

Judy: It sounds like your are doing great.

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you how I am doing with the wieght. I am at 255. According to my scales, I have lost about 10 lbs since Oct. I am really moving fast! I am thinking about going on the atkins diet or at least some form of it. I like my carbs so much it might be hard. But anyway I am not gaining at this time. Well, it is late so I will talk soon Take care everyone Mary Kay
Old 02-23-2003, 02:39 AM   #7  

Hi all, just wanted to let you all know that I am still alive. I am thinking that I am pregnant! I am planning on making an appt with my doc this week, so I will update you as soon as I find out for sure.

Still eating healthy as possible and going about my regular SAHM life.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:50 PM   #8  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Here I am, hope CJ is happy!

Hey guys,
Well I am here now. I have been working so many hours at H & R Block this week. CJ is here, came Monday night with her hubby, Dick. But unfortunely I have had to work every single day she has been here so she has been just doing her own thing with Dick during the day when I work. But we are having a great time and at last I am off, yesterday, today and tomorrow-Sat, Sun and Mon and will not have to go back till Tuesday. I gave these days to a new girl who came from another branch who wants the hours. So yesterday we all went to Little Nashville, Indiana a beautiful little town with all kinds of wonderful little interesting shops. Ken and her husband, Dick get along so great and I think they maybe were twins seperated at birth, they think so much alike.

Anyways, I have just been going going going with work and CJ has been bugging me to please post and I keep meaning to but by the time I get home from work and we either make dinner to go out and visit next thing I know it is time to go to bed. So today we are going to my nieces, baby shower, Cj is going with me and here she is again telling me I had better post. So I am in my bedroom TRYING to watch American Idol that I had taped last week when I was working and starts on me, telling me if I can find the time to watch an OLD American Idol than I can find the time to post. Well what could I do?????? I told her she is a PAIN IN MY ***!!! Hope this isn't censored, but if it is you can read between the lines. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA No seriously, we know each other well enough that I can call her that. Actually I am having a really wonderful time with her and Dick visiting us. And She knows I love her and am just kidding. But I really will try to post more, even if just a quick one because I don't want this wonderful group to die out. You guys mean too much to me and we have come too far and been through too much for that to happen. So here I am, not really kicking and screaming as you may think, but I actually was planning to post today anyways. I just let CJ think I was doing this to get her off my back, but that is not the case at all.

Desiree-Gosh do you really think you are pregnant? How wonderful for you and you family if you are. Keep us posted, this will be great because we can go through it with you. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Mary Kay-Dear sweet MK. How bad I feel for you. I lost my Mom about 7 yrs ago and I had a big hole in my life for a very long time. But in time I healed somewhat, and tried to focus on the good times and not on her death. Just take things a day at a time and remember time helps heal. Congrats on losing those 10 lbs, way to go!!!!!!

Sylvia-Hey you little BRAT-You are getting pretty good at starting the new threads. But CJ said "Watch out cause when she gets back home from her trip she is going to give you a run for your money". Thanks for the inspirational post.

Judy-Also thank you for your funny little ditty. Hope you are doing well and I know you can't wait for all this snow to go away, and for spring to come so you can get Tommy to planting those flowers to help brighten up things.

CJ-What can I say? You are right beside me making sure I post and I swear I see a shotgun in your hand. Just kidding, I don't want those ladies to get the wrong idea about you, cause actually I think it is one of those Silhouette, low calorie fudge bars we bought last night at Super Walmart, and it is the stick I see, not a shotgun. HA HA HA HA

OK guys, I will talk to you soon and keep on posting or CJ will personally come over there with her fudge bar stick and hurt you.

Love Sassy Sharon
Old 02-23-2003, 02:19 PM   #9  
CJ

Well ... guess I should post since I bugged Sharon eh?

Desiree: Well ... good luck at the doctor's this week - and if you are indeed pregnant, congratulations! Now we will have 2 pregnancies to share! How great is that? Let us know. Oh yes, I see you didn't start a weekly weigh-in this week ... will you be doing that if you are pregnant? If not, I will take over for you until after you have the baby ... maybe we should "skip" this week - heh heh - it's not a good thing on my end. LOL

Slyvia: How are you feeling? I already called you BRAT for starting the new thread ... but as Sharon says -watch out when I get home on my own computer ... I just may give you some competition - lol

Judy: Hope all is well with you ... thanks for the funnies - can't chat with ya on MSN messenger since Iam not home ... maybe when we get home ...

MK: So sorry to hear the sad news about your mother. I too know what you are going thru. I lose my mom in 1991 and although I have accepted the fact that she is gone, I still have days where there is a big hole and I always miss her! But, she is always with me and the "hurt" will subsite and the happy memories will ease the pain.

Sharon: I love you too! I know you are watching your taped programs now as I post! I am gonna have to come in there and "pester" you! Tee hee!

Well we got about 3 inches of snowfall here last nite .. and are expecting another one tonite (5 to 8 inches) possibly. We are suppose to head out for Kansas tomorrow ... we may just start out and stay over somewhere and finish on Tuesday. We still have almost 800 miles to go from here ... Kansas is getting this snow too so we may not be traveling very fast. Oh well ... we can do it as we are both retired and don't have to be home to go to work (thank heaven)! I'm sure our cat will be lonely for us tho but our neighbor is taking care of her so she is in good hands.

Will check back later ... hope ya all post!

Love, CJ
Old 02-23-2003, 04:11 PM   #10  

Hello Ladies!
I hope you are all doing well and are having a wonderful weekend. I'm just popping in for a quick hello ...you know me!

I've been feeling pretty good, a bit emotional but good. I can feel my uterus right under my belly button so that means some of my pants are not as loose as they were. I can still fit into my jeans though....I've been buying a couple pairs of pants that are my size but have the elastic bands so those should last me a while(hopefully). I still have no appetite but my sister says it's just a matter of time. I have to make myself eat but when I do, it's all healthy stuff. The cravings have flown out the window just as my husband bought some vanilla frozen yogurt. Poor guy, I'm driving him nuts!

Desiree- Good luck at your doctor appointment. I hope you receive the news you want to hear. It would be great to have another pregnant chickie in this group ....maybe it's the water

CJ-Good for your for bugging Sharon into posting! Some things never change! I know, once you make it home that you are going to retake your "queen" title. I'm just doing my part to keep things going....I can never take your place

Sharon-I'm sure you and CJ are causing all sorts of trouble...aren't ya? You know Cj loves ya(just as we all do) and if she didn't bug, then you would have a bunch of people knocking on your door to get you to post!

Mary K- I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your Mom. My prayers go out to you and your family. Yes, I'm having a baby. I'm due July 31, 2003. We still don't know what we are having but we are going to find out .....I think I'm going to keep it from my sisters and brother as they have some pool going on what I'm having. I know I'm being cruel but they are driving me crazy.

Judy- How are you doing? I'm sure that you are just quilting away looking out over your beautiful garden. you are one lucky lady!

Well ladies, I'm off to do some grocery shopping. Have a great weekend!

Sylvia and
Old 02-23-2003, 04:13 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies!

I forgot to attach yet another one of these inspirational things that I was sent. I hope you and you lurkers out there enjoy it!

Sylvia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

START OVER!

If you've started out in pursuit of your goal
And you've really tried with your heart and your soul,
but somehow things got out of control -
START OVER.

When you've tried your best to do what you should
And you thought this time that you surely would,
But once again, you didn't do good -
START OVER.

When' you've worked so hard to follow a dieter's way
And you fought to win a victory each and every day,
But one more time you went astray -
START OVER

When you've tried so hard to yourself to be true
And do the things that you know you should do,
But once again you failed to come through -
START OVER.

When the road to success seems much too long
And each temptation was oh so strong
And once again you gave in to wrong -
START OVER.

When you've told your friends what you planned to do
And trusted THEM to help you through
But soon discovered it's all up to YOU -
START OVER.

When you know you must be physically fit,
But your hope seems gone and you're stuck in a pit
That's not the time for you to quit -
START OVER.

When the week seems long and successes few
And at weigh in time you're feeling blue,
Remember TOMORROW is just for you! -
START OVER.

TO START AGAIN MEANS A VICTORY'S BEEN WON
AND STARTING OVER AGAIN MEANS A RACE WELL WON
AND STARTING OVER AGAIN PROVES IT CAN BE DONE
SO DON'T JUST SIT THERE --- START OVER!
(Anonymous)
Old 02-24-2003, 11:31 PM   #12  

Hello ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello and to share some news with all of you wonderful ladies!

I had an ultrasound today and they saw little "boy" parts. The technician is 98% sure that it's a boy. I thought my husband was going to cry when he heard the tech say that. Men!!! I had an amnio done so I will know for certain if it's a boy and it's OK. I'm not even telling my family just to drive them nuts! So I'm telling you wonderful ladies!

Well, I'm off to lie down. I am feeling a bit tired so I'm off to the sofa. I'll try to post more tomorrow!

Sylvia
Old 02-26-2003, 04:27 AM   #13  

Thanks for all of the well-wishes! I am, indeed, pregnant. About 6 or 7 weeks along. I will have my very first OB appointment on the 3rd, so maybe I'll get a prelim ultrasound. I did with Ethan, why not now? LOL - I just love having something like that!

I will not be following the plan, Carol, so go ahead and take over whenever you feel the need. LOL --- too much work for the pregnant mind. Mine, that is. I will be watching what I eat still, and will be fitting in more exercise now after this week. I have a head cold and I am queasy a lot. It's amazing how I was puking all over the place with Ethan and now I haven't thrown up once yet. TMI?? LOL -- sorry!

BTW, I won't be here for a while, probably until the end of the week because my internet is on the fritz. I hate technology at times, I really do...

Off to bed! Hello and good luck to all of you this week!!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:50 AM   #14  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hey all,
Wow now we have 2 Mommies to be in our group. That is so great, we can go through it with you's Sylvia and Desiree. Well not really, we won't get the morning sickness and swollen ankles, but we will be here to support you and are with you every step of the way and wishing you 2 the best.

Desiree-How wonderful that you are going to be a Mom again. What are you going to do with you name? ethansmommy after the baby is born? Oh well you will have 7 months to think about that one. LOL Seriously I am very happy for you and know you will have a healthy and happy baby. Sorry your computer is on the fritz, but post when you are able to.

Sylvia-Well I know why I am not pregnant now, cause I haven't been drinking my water. Well you said maybe it is the water and I am trying to drink it this week so does that mean I will get pregnant now? I hope now I am over 50 now with grown kids so I wouldn't like that at all. LOL So they are pretty sure it is a boy? I can't wait for the amio results to know for sure. One way to look at it is that if you know for sure than you will be able to buy boy clothes and for your baby shower and I am sure you will have one people will know to buy boy stuff. I am happy for you.

CJ-You are gone and I really loved having you and Dick here with us. Had a great time and am glad you were able to make yourself at home and didn't feel like a guest cause you are more like family I feel than anything else. By now you should be at you daughters and hope you are having a great time. But one more thing, did you know you forgot your chenile robe in Dan's room? I will save it for you when you stop back next week on the way back home. Let me know what day you will be coming and I will try to get the day off from Block.

CJ and Dick left Monday morning and will be stopping back maybe next Wednesday night and Thursday too if the plan works out. We had a lot of fun together. Saturday we went to this town called Little Nashville that I told you about. But darn it it was so cold and rainy that we for the most part cut the day short and just wanted to get out of the damp, cold and rainy weather. But it was still fun. On the way home we stopped at this local winery, called Brown County Winery, and had some free samples of their wine. Hic Up! LOL

Well I work tonight and have to get ready to meet a friend at Applebee's for lunch. Will try to have a salad today. I didn't do so well with my plan this week. Was my own fault, didn't drink much water, exerise or eat like I usually try to do. I also have to start listening to my Smart Tapes again. I am all done with the tapes and only have to listen to them once a week or so, but think I will listen to them much more often to get me back in the grove. It is alright CJ it had nothing to do with you, I need to not change my habits so much when I am gone away or for special occasions or when I have company, and try to stick to my routine at least somewhat. I did try to exercise that one day remember? I was headed downstair to the treatmill and my boss called me in to work? Well today I am packing my gym clothes and will go to the gym after I meet Monica for lunch and before I go to work tonight. I promise.

My WW meeting is on Monday morning and for the last 2 Mondays now the office has been closed so I haven't been able to get weighed, but I know it must be up cause I haven't been as dedicated as I should be, but hey I sure had fun. I tried to watch it, but this week will be a better week for me as I am really going to try and hope for the best.

This weekend Ken and I are meeting his family in northern Indiana, we live in Southern, Indianapolis area Indiana, at Shipshewanna. It is where the Amish People live and they have flea markets-closed now for the winter, and all kinds of cute little shops. So Ken's sister, brother and their families are meeting at this county type hotel for a weekend of R and R. Should be fun, but better take my tapes with me and my water of course. Oh boy more dinners out and out of routine again. But hey I will try I really will.

Take care everyone and see you guys later.

Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 02-26-2003 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:24 AM   #15  
CJ

Hey - hi everyone! We are here at my daughter's in Kansas - and it is cold here too! Last week she said they were having "spring-like" weather ... then they got the snow too and the weather got cold again.

Slyvia: A boy! How great! and thanks for sharing with us. Well, between you and Desiree, I was beginning to worry about the water myself! I certainly don't need to be pregnant - 61 with 9 kids and 9 grandkids - no thank you. Although I sure loved being pregnant!

Desiree: Way to go girl ... hope you stay with us through your pregnancy -- you are certainly part of our group now! I think I will start the weigh-in thread after we get back home from our traveling. Good luck on your first OB visit.

Sharon: hahahahahahha - I do know about my robe now. I forgot to bring it in and I was going to send Dick out this morning to get it ... guess he would not have found it eh? LOL We had a wonderful time with you guys - We got to Dawn's house about 9:30 our time (10:30 their time) ... We went straight thru - stopped outside of St Louis to eat and rest ... we were thinking of stopping in Kansas City overnite (and do a little gambling) and then finish on in the morning but guess Dick felt rested enough to continue (and I am glad we did) cuz was anxcious to see Dawn and Jack. We had a good trip - roads were good - and the only slow down we had was right after Kansas City when there was another accident just ahead of us .. so was slow going for about 1/2 hour. We are planning on staying here until next week Tuesday then will travel to St Louis, Missouri where we will stay overnite at the Casino (yes, we will do some gambling) and then we will finish the rest of the way to your place on Wednesday and will stay with you on Thursday and leave for home Friday morning - ok? OK! Send me an email cuz I don't have my addresses with me and I forgot your email ! or - I will probably give you a quick call before we leave. Have fun this weekend! See ya soon.

Well ... talk to ya all later ...

Love, CJ
Closed Thread