Worldlies Wrapping Up the Year in December

You're on Page 5 of 14
Go to
  • Good morning ladies,

It's minus 4 degrees F right now. Good thing the sun is shining brightly or it would be really cold in the house. I guess I'm going to have to fire up the oven and bake something to throw more warmth into the main living area. We stopped at the fireplace shop yesterday to inquire about the part for our heater / fireplace that was ordered early November and "should be in" around Thanksgiving. The guy said he hasn't gotten the part yet and he will call us when he gets it. My cousin says - this is the Northwoods where you wait for EVERYTHING so hold your pants on, but we could REALLY use the boost that this fireplace would add to heating this house, and it won't do us much good to get it in May. Sorry I haven't been posting, have had a serious case of flit-itis - flitting from one thing to another without really completing something. And couple that with talking with DH and then deciding to go completely off course and tackle something else. So today I am back to a fixed list of stuff to do which includes some Christmas items.

The man came to work on the furniture. He is going to get a catalogue of hardware and see if he can match up the front plate / fake door pulls to fix the cedar chest. He also worked on the table and buffet and put what he called an old fashioned hand rubbed finish on both pieces. If you can believe it, it involves steel wool, polish and water. It covered the fine scratches all right, will scratches all over the surface. But he said he has been doing this since 1976, was taught wood crafting by old school masters and in time with routine polishing, the look of the table will soften to a nice sheen and the scratches will disappear. We will trust him on that. In the meantime I covered them both with holiday table runners and placemats Seriously, I think this will work out and I know this man wasn't anything like the sort of service we got in the south.

Mel - so are you the only person that is "on call" for the nightly alarms? Soon the lack of sleep / interuptions will take it's toll on you. And considering the demographics of your building, probably fair to say that there will most often be at least one nightly occurance. DH found a box of Christmas wrapping paper while unpacking other stuff. You are welcome to it, there's more than I will ever need including some kids stuff that I haven't used in years

Laura - I sort of like the idea of not only including what one would like for gift suggestions, but more importantly what they would not want. For instance, I am really fussy about scents and because of this, I really don't like bath products or colognes unless it's the few things I can stand without a headache. The really perfumey stuff like jasmine or honeysuckle gives me a raging headache. So I think it's a pretty good idea, especially with a group of people that don't really know each other that well. I'm with you on not liking the bar scene for parties either - or crowded restaurants too. Hope they find some place that works for everyone. Guess in the old days when they had "real" office parties at hotel ballrooms with live music and booze and food, we were too busy getting blitzed to worry about talking to people.

Shad - how nice that you will get to visit with your friend Chris again. Forgot she had moved back to NZ. Is she doing well enough to get around? I'll bet you are excited about going back and seeing people. Sounds like you plan to do a little travelling and sight seeing too. I will have to invite my SIL up when you visit - both of you like to be on the move. I hope you have a wonderful vacation - it's well deserved.

Ceejay - I can't imagine the nerve of those crazy women knocking on your door so late. It's good that they clean well but gotta wonder if it's worth it when they get stirred up again seeing you. How did the decorating come out?

Oh yay - DH just announced that we are going to use the proceeds from the sale of the TN house to pay off the WI house. No mortgage for us Although it was nice seeing that big bank balance for a while Of course that will change in May of next year when we have to start paying for health insurance to the tune of far more than our monthly mortgage was.

Michelle - hope you have some yummy books in your lastest cache. Great idea on using the library. We have yet to get to ours - looks like it's a nice one and is on the list for us to check out soon. Sorry that DH's shot did not work as well as yours did but you know those things can be so hit or miss too. Sometimes what worked 3 years ago doesn't do much this time around. Hopefully he will get some relief - as you said, it's pretty darn hard to be working and doing around the house stuff AND try to sit and get your rest in. I would love to see some of your holiday decorations - how about a few pictures from you sister?

Annie - I'm sure you are busy - it is a hassle when you can't post during the daytime. We are thinking of you - hoping you can stay under the radar away from Mr. Military at work and just keeping your head down so that you can march home to Little Monkey and your happy family.

to all - I'd better get dressed and get on with my list of to dos.
  • Johnny B on the radio again Laura? I can't say I remember him except for him to be playing hits from the 70's on my transistor radio. Is he as obnoxious as Steve Dahl (who I see is STILL around) or Howard Stern? There was a guy on the radio in Memphis (Mad Dog) who annoyed the hail out of me - it always seemed that was the station DH had turned to - when I'd hear him I'd practically rip the dial off the radio trying to change it. My favorite dj was Fred Winston. He was funny, interesting and just a great guy. Not like these goofs today who seem to make their name by putting down or making fun of women.

Ah for the good old days - guess that's how you know you're getting old
  • Hi Happy - Hope you get the part for the fireplace soon - timing is everything! I guess you'll just keep baking for now. I'm glad you had a skilled craftsman working on your furniture who won't botch the job. I agree, I think listing the "not wanted" items is a very good idea, and yes, I'm one of those who doesn't want to get scented lotions, colognes, etc. I do, however, like scented candles, but only outdoorsy kinds of scents, definitely not food-scented ones. Picky me. Congrats on soon being mortgage free! We're counting down, but still quite a ways away. And I know that even once it's paid off, the property taxes will still be taking a big bite out of the budget. And by that time, we might be using the money to buy long term care insurance. Sigh. It never ends, does it?

Cheers!
  • Laura
    I like to read the Jane E's books. Will see if it's available at Walmart. Our Library is old and musty so I don't like to go.

Mel
    That guy must have been more asleep than awake when he went to the bathroom. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Happy
    We understand about not posting. Sometimes I get to the point that I don't have time. Then there are day's that all I have is time. Hope that part comes in soon. Can you still use the fire place? Brrrrr on the -4 temperature. It's 38 degree's here with sunshine.

Michelle
    You must have a high level of pain tolerance. Hope the pain subsides soon.
    Have fun decorating the tree tonight.

-----
    I put out my wee bit of Christmas decorations yesterday. It does give me something to look at. My entertainment center reminds me of a fire place so that's how I decorated. Wish I could find a fake fire some where.
    We had a heavy frost this morning. I like my very small fiber optic tree's.
    I've even played some Christmas music this morning.
  • Laura - I like potluck parties too. And we don't mind hosting again, and probably will in the spring. I hope the Janet E. waiting list moves quickly. We're on the waiting list for Green Bay Packer's season tickets...but I think we're roughly # 25,000 on that list. At work, I tend to say "Happy Holidays" because we have a diverse workforce...but I believe that whatever your faith you should take the phrase "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays", "Happy Hanukkah", "Good Yule", etc. in the manner in which they are intended...that someone is wishing you a joyous season. on doing the circuit class. I plan to do some Wii Fit later today. I hope your elbow and shoulder blade feel better soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the rest of the workday today goes quickly. I had to chuckle when you mentioned your favorite candle scents. My favorites are the food scents: vanilla, pumpkin, and cinnamon, and I only like a select few of the outdoorsy scents. To each her own. I guess that's why they make so many varieties.

Happy - I hope the part for your fireplace parts arrive soon, and that the furniture repair guy's fixes work. I'm so happy for you that the proceeds from the sale of the TN house will pay off the WI house! That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you both!! Yikes! Your monthly health insurance premium is more than your monthly mortgage!! OMG!!! The great thing about our library is that even though we're in a small town, we can borrow from about 20 different libraries in other communities. You place the books you want on hold, they ship them to the library near you and let you know when you can pick them up.

Annie - I hope you had a nice time at Ainsley's Christmas performance! And I hope you, Curtis, and all the kids and grandkids are doing well! DMIL said the last batch of books you sent will keep her busy until she leaves in mid-January. Thanks so much, Annie.

Ceejay - Bummer that you don't have a nice library. I love ours and really appreciate that I have access to a wide variety of books, CDs and DVDs. I can tolerate a bit of pain...not as much as my DH. I'm just motivated to do what I want and need to do despite the pain, and often that gets me into trouble by overdoing it. So nice that you have some decorations up. I think that even a little decorating makes the house so festive. I remember a few years ago when I had just lost my dad and my mom didn't have much time left, I didn't want to do any decorating. And even though there were gifts and get togethers with John's aunt, uncle and cousins, without the decorating, it felt like Christmas didn't even happen which made me even sadder. I've been singing carols for over a week now...now I just have to get the interior of the house looking more festive.
  • Hey Ladies...so far behind on personals...I am not even going to try...

The carpets turned out beautifully...Lord I had no idea how stinkin' gross they were...looks like new carpet....excited and makes me happy...Curtis and I worked so well getting them done...amazing...strange it is like we are two puzzle pieces that hook up perfectly to complete the puzzle...kind of scares me a little....the end is near..lol

Ainsley's Christmas (yes, it is Christmas NOT holiday) program was so stinkin' cute....she was on the second row on the end so we could see her perfectly. All through the four songs they sang she was playing with the little girls hair in front of her..we ALL laughed till we cried....then we asked her about it afterwards and she said she wasn't doing that....and grinned this chit eatin' grin...totally made my night...even thought we didn't get home till 10 pm. Curtis and I picked up Chris, Sam and lil monkey so they didn't have to use their gas, as it was an hour away where her school was..sheesh....then we went to Wendy's to eat after as we were all starving. I only had a baked potato.

We drew names today at work for secret santa. I got a good one. Lissa is such a sweet and pretty person...I can think of all kinds of things to get her...next week we put small items in stockings hung by our office then on the 19th we give the major gift (not to exceed 15 bucks) and reveal who our secret Santa is...

Big shots are coming in on the 22nd to give the let's get em speech and let us know where we are and where we are going with the company. The only bright side is we get Maggino's Italian food catered in..haha...google it...it is soooooooooooo dang delish!!

Making chimichangas for dinner tonight with a little side salad on the plate to go with. Curtis is eating that...I am having a salad...too much dough for me on the chimis...

All is good in my world...baby Jake and mommie are doing just great. I miss my baby girl being at my work every day, but hey, take the good with the bad...right?

I love you sistas....oh and Shad and Ceejay please PM me your addresses..I cannot seem to fing them.

Love and holiday hugs....
  • Oh crap...not fing your addresses...FIND your addresses...lol

• LAURA GOOGLED ANIMATED SNOOPY GIFS FOR A FRIEND AND THOUGHT OF YOU.
    OK IT'S BEDTIME SEE Y'ALL IN THE MORNING.

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/snoopy/1/
  • Morning all,

Rainy day here although we do have the odd blue patch here and there. Not hanging out the washing though since that will really make it rain.

Annie - PM'd the addy today. Hope you get it okay. My service provider does not seem to be servicing or providing today.

Michelle - yeah, your weekend is here too. That makes three of us since Happy is on permanent weekends now.
    Sunday didn't get a choice. She is way too over the top with her opinions anyway - so I didn't tell her about it. Felt it was only fair for the DS2. Mutter mutter mutter.
    We don't decorate anymore. Used to when the kids were little and would if we had any young ones to decorate for. But mainly we tend to go out and eat and/or visit friends. So I don't get too excited about it.

Ceejay - cute avatar there ceejay. Time those girls got some mature brains between them I think. I'd have marched down to the door and read the riot act, but that is me. Your much nicer than I am.

Mel - Scotty is like me. He details the different scenarios, we discuss the pros and cons and then we take them to the masses. However we only show them the one we want them to take and the reasons for it. If they really get antsy about it, then we show them something else - usually a worse option. They settle for what we want. Good old SAP, always 50 ways to do something.

Happy - interesting photos on facebook. Seems you are all settling right in there. I've heard of the steel wool fix before. Seems it works okay. Did he suggest some sort of furniture wax for the fill and polish part?
    Boo on the fireplace part. For the life of me I can't understand why it takes so much time for something to get from one place to another. Can you not get it express post or something. They must be a laid bunch bunch of Americans in your neck of the woods - normally those I get to meet up with expect it all to happen yesterday and wonder very loudly why it hasn't happened yet.

Anyway, best go find the next 15 minutes of work to do
  • Good Morning...been up since 1:15, cannot sleep and will regret that when 5 rolls around...working at CVS. They need me and I need the money. lol

Shadlet..great chattin with you on FB. Please send me your snail mail address (house address).

MELLIE...hugs sista, in the bestest way! Guess I should be laying down counting your firemen to try to get to sleep. naw that would probably keep me awake..lol

Not much going on in the middle of the night..Hella B decided to a lover puppy and is sitting on my lap while I type trying to lick my hands...gross...I swat..she snapps...kind of humorous.

Brother's band is playing Sat night, Curtis and I are going...should be fun....may be the last time for a spell as brother is getting fed up with one of the bandmates. The guy is completely drunk out of his mind by the time the band gets finished for the night and is obnoxious to the point of embarassment. Does't help packing and loading equipment either. They have talked to him several times and he just won't stop. There always has to be a bad apple in the crate.

Guess I will get off of here and try to sleep...dang it anyways

Love and hugs all ya'll......

• SANTA IS TAKING A HOLIDAY IN NZ TILL IT'S SLEIGHRIDE TIME.

YESTERDAY WAS YESTERDAY AND TODAY IS TODAY.
    KEEPING WITH THE GOAL OF LETTING GO.
    OFFICE IS CLOSED AND THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT.
    HAD A CHAT WITH JEN. THE REST OF THE PRESSIES CAME.
    THEN THERE WAS A BIG SURPRISE.
    A DELIVERY MAN CAME TO THE OFFICE AND SAID YOUR'RE MELODY _____ RIGHT? YEP THAT'S ME. WELL THIS BIG BOX IS YOURS THEN. COME WITH ME AND I'LL CARRY IT UPSTAIRS BECAUSE IT'S HEAVY. ?????????
    GET UPSTAIRS TO FIND SOMEONE SENT ME A MICROWAVE OVEN!!!
    NO NOTE. NOTHING WRITTEN ON THE BILL.
    JEN AND I WERE THINKING ALL NIGHT LONG WHO WOULD DO SUCH A WONDERFUL THING.
    A SECRET SANTA??? I AM HIRING A DETECTIVE

NOTHING ELSE IS NEW. I HAD MY FIRST NIGHT'S SLEEP LAST NIGHT. THANK YOU GOD. FEEL WONDERFUL THIS MORNING.
    NO ALARMS OR BELLS OF ANY KIND.
    WRAPPING & DELIVERING HANDMADE CARDS ARE ON TODAY'S LIST.
    THE CARDS HAVE YARN ATTACHED SO THEY CAN HANG ON THE DOORKNOB.
    NO BENDING OVER FOR THESE SENIORS!! I THINK OF EVERYTHING.
    BETTER GET MY BUNS GOING BEFORE THIS DAY IS OVER.
    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

HAPPY....GLAD THE MAN ARRIVED AND HOPE THE FURNITURE LOOKS LIKE HE SAID. WHEN I REFINISHED A BOOKCASE MANY YEARS AGO A MAN HAD SHOWN ME HOW TO USE STEELWOOL AND MINWAX FOR EVERYTHING. CAME OUT WONDERFUL. -4 DEGREES???? MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE ORDERED 2 FIREPLACES!!!!!!!!! I WOULD HAVE FLIT-ITIS TOO WITH THE MOVING AND HOLIDAYS. HANG IN THERE.

CEEJAY.....YOUR POST GAVE ME HAPPY GOOSEBUMPS ON MY ARMS. DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE CARDBOARD FIREPLACES?? I SEARCHED ALL THE STORES A FEW YEARS BACK. I KNOW THEY'RE CORNY BUT I L,OVED THEM. MY LAST ONE GOT SDOAKED AND COULDN'T BE FIXED. GLAD YOU GOT TO DECORATING. IT'S GOOD FOR THE SOUL

LAURA.....HOW ARE ALL THE GET TOGETHERS GOING? I APPROACHED SOME PEEPS ABOUT THE SECRET SANTA THING AND A LOWER PRICE. ALMOST GOT MY HEAD BIT OFF. "NO GIFTS AND THAT'S THE END OF IT OK???" GEEZ....JUST ASKING. HPW'SA THE BODY FEELING?? BETTER I HOPE. REST IT UP OVER THE WEEKEND

MICHELLE.....HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER OVER THE WEEKEND. TAKE IT EASY. HOW DID THE TREE DECORATING GO?? YOU BOTH COULD USE A BREAK AND I HOPE YU GET ONE OVER THE HOLIDAYS. MY LIBRARY BOOKS WERE A DISAPPOINTMENT. I OORDERED SOME CHEESY LITTLE MYSTERY BOOKS (LIGHT READING) AND AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT THE AUTHOR. SHOOOOOT. HOPE YOUR'S WERE BETTER

SHAD......I GET THE PICTURE ABOUT YOU & SCOTTY NOW. DIDN'T QUITE UNDERSTAND THERE ARE OTHER "WAYS". OVER HERE IT'S MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY BUT THEN THAT'S A HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR!
    WE WERE TALKING ABOUT YOU LAST NIGHT. THE KIDS GOT TO SEE YOUR CARD AND CRACKED UP. WE WERE ALL HOWLING. THEY LOVE JIB CARDS AND WERE PLAYING WITH THEM AT A FRIENDS HOUSE A FEW WEEKENDS AGO. SENT ME SILLY CARDS. HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE WEEKEND

ANNIE........HOW GOES IT WITH JAKE?? I LOVE THE UPDATES. THE SECRET $15 SANTA SOUNDS GREAT. AS YOU HVE READ WE AREN'T HAVING ANY. LOVE THE ITALIAN FOOD IDEA TOO....WORTH HAVING TO LISTEN TO THE "WE ARE A TEAM" SPEECHES HUMANA IS ALL OVER MY TV AGAIN....LOTS OF MESSAGES. I KEEP TELLING EVERYONE...I KNOW A LADY THAT WORKS THERE!!! STAY WELL AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF WHILE YOU ARE DOING THAT FOR OTHERS!!
  • Got outside and raked the last of the leaves for this year. Didn't think there would be 5 bags full. I called one of the street and sanitation department's guy's and asked where the compost facility was located. Never did find it. It must be way out in the boonies and that road was not fit for me to be driving on it by myself. After I left the pavement it was supposed to be gravel but it was mor mud and the old saying it had the wash board effect. However, he told me it was on pavement so I may have missed it. Was a bit sore this morning from all the bending.

Mel
    Wow, a microwave. Could it have been Willy???
    Yes, I remember the cardboard fire places. Infact, my cousins wife bought one last year for part of their Christmas decorations.

Looks like every one is sleeping in today.
  • Mel
    I think Santa should take a vacation. He's going to have a busy day before long.
  • Good morning chicks,

It's Saturday I think, I really have had an off track last 2 days. I think I'm subconsiously avoiding some things so I'm filling them with other stuff instead of tackling what I should. Don't get me wrong, I was productive - cleaned the oven, did a couple of loads of laundry, tossed out a few things that needed tossing, and unpacked my new dishes. I also spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Mom and sister. It was really cold the last 2 days - in the single digits. Last night as the last light of day was fading, you could see the almost full moon and Jupiter outside. DH told me that Venus was out also but it was so low to the horizon that I had to go outside to see it. I stepped on the deck and it creaked from the cold. My jeans froze up mighty fast too. DH said it is supposed to get up to 39 degrees tomorrow - that will feel like a heatwave - everyone will be out crowding the streets DH is also looking up and reading to me venison recipes this morning. sorry - I am just not putting on my track shoes and running to try out game meat. Especially if you season it with coffee and chili powder which guess is a favorite blend. I think he's secretly becoming "one of them" (a local in training)

Mel - wow on the new microwave oven. That's very cool. Hope you have the counterspace for it. You must let us know how your sleuthing works out - someone really wanted to surprise you and they did! Thanks for the tip, I will have to get a can of the Minwax. I'm thinking paste polish is the way to go? How nice that you made cards for the building. That must have been alot of work or did Jen get her artistic side flowing? I'm sure the peeps will appreciate them. Your mention of the cardboard fireplace made me smile. At one point in my career I was a manager to an entire team of men. We did alot of fun stuff together. One Christmas I brought in a cardboard fireplace and made them all stockings with their names on it and filled them with treats for St. Nicholas Day (December 6th). Years later after the gang broke up and we went our separate ways after the company got sold, I still kept in touch with "my boys". B told me that he took the fireplace when he left and was now a manager himself and he loved that tradition of the stockings so much that he did now did it for his people. it made me blush and feel so good that a tradition was born and carried on. It's nice to know that you have made a difference in some peoples lives as you go through time. So your mention today gave me a warm and fuzzy - thanks If I come across another fireplace, I will send it to you although I'm not sure you have room for a fireplace AND microwave

Annie - bummer on the bandmate. Seems to be that is always the case with a band. What amazes me is that grown men who should be long past the stupid 20's phase of their live, some just can't give it up. Hope you have fun tonight. So you are back at CVS again? I'm sure the time flies by but not so if you are only getting a nap's worth of good night sleep. Don't burn yourself out girlfriend. Nothing like cleaning your carpets to actually see how dirty they were - sometimes the dirty water reservoir is so gross. But now everything is shiny.

Shad - minutes are flying - you will be leaving soon for your holiday. Have a wonderful time. I have forgotten again that it takes about 2 weeks (and from this place probably lots more that that) time to get a card to you. So you might be getting the electronic version too. Loved your card! I have to remember (and use) that line about the service provider - good one mate! I can relate.

Ceejay - so you actually GET to an end of the leaves? We never did. Had trees that dropped stuff all year long, if it wasn't leaves, it was seed pods or pollen or sticks or something. Don't you have yardwaste pick up with your trash? It was nice of you to try and compost it but I can understand how it can get scary finding those places. Same with us in TN looking for the county hazardous waste site when we needed to get rid of 25 cans of house paint.

Michelle - I have learned that I need to keep my comments to myself up here so I don't say anything at people proudly posting pictures holding up dead dear heads and when they ask me if I am a Packers fan I just say that I am not a sports fan (true) and I do commend them for having a perfect season so far (also true). We went to lunch at a local place the other day and the owner (big hunting fan and her husband does taxidermy) was telling one of the customers about how Susie Q shot her first buck. Suzie looked out her window and this magnificent buck was just sitting in the snow on her property. So instead of enjoying the view, she got her gun and killed it. Poor guy took a short rest which was a fatal mistake. But as my cousin pointed out, I moved here and that is their way of life so negative comments and loud EWWWWWWWWs and OMGs are not appreciated. I guess I have to go get my animals sympathies taken care of by volunteering at the local humane society I know you are a Packers superfan but would you actually drive all this way to go to the games if you got tickets? That's a pretty long haul for you - about 5 hours or so? Are you going to buy any of their open stock shares? Pretty clever way to raise money I thought. Better than raising the price of tickets. As for singing, I can just picture you with a Santa hat singing away

Laura - long term care insurance? I am still on the fence about that. I mostly think it's hype that the companies are pushing to make money. Like AFLAC - do you REALLY get what you think you are getting when you really need it? Nursing homes / convalescent care is sooooo expensive - and the policies boast of giving you $100 a day - that probably just covers meals! On the other hand, I don't have kids I can go live with (or would expect them to take care of me) so our plan B is such that if anything happens to one of us such that they are a burden and the other is feeble, we will just take a long drive off a cliff. we joke about it but there's a bit of underlying truth I think. Hopefully I will have my Mom's good genes instead of my Dad's sickly ones and we can live a long reasonable life and then just not wake up one morning. About the only people that I know who could have used that stuff were parents of friends who got Alzeheimers or someone like my Dad whose health failed due to heart issues. I think the big thing everyone needs to focus on is to save their money so they have enough in their later years.

Oh boy - such glum talk for a festive season! I think it's time to top off the coffee and knock out the Christmas letter so I can get my cards done. Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • Hey gurlz...CVS not so bad, a LOT of customers were very glad to see me....even Margaret...she is such a cutie...at least 80 years old, still drives her truck, and we walked around with her list of "stuff" to get it for her. She always buys a Pepsi, then we have to unscrew the lid for her, then lightly screw it back on so she can get it off to drink it...so dang cute.

Getting ready to clean the house...vacuuming, putting throw rugs down after the carpet cleaning...mopping the linoleum in all the areas of the house and laundry. Slapping some chicken breasties in the crockpot with herbs and spices. Lots to do, short time to do it in. Hella B is being extra good....probably wants another peanut butter cookie...i.e. dog biscuit...we call them cookies...and she KNOWS that word.

Best get busy...Curtis will be home by 3:30 or 4, so need to get my chickie going in the crockpot on speedy..

Love and hugs