Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

You're on Page 27 of 34
Go to
  • Colleen, that is horrendous, being on the phone that long, and having to go through so many people with still no satisfaction! I sure hope it got resolved. And thanks so much for all the advice. I did bookmark a couple web sites that I'm keeping info about, about arranging pictures, and tips on how to make a small space look larger.

Tammy, oh so exciting about Ms. Queen And congrats on your first 3 day weekend coming up!

Hi Dawn and Aaron!

I've been 'good' on my diet resolve for 2 days in a row (that makes one day 'on', one day a little 'off', then 2 days 'on' )
  • Hi girls

Great ideas Colleen-

Holly sounds like you are plugging away both at behaving with food and exercise and also getting your living room finished

Well I did finally start going back to the gym this morning - walked a mile then did some leg weights then jogged half mile now I just need to keep this going- went to the store afterwards and bought all the right foods
    and then came home cleaned out my freezer and boxed up alot of food for my younger sisiter to come get - going to start a low carb but not completely cut them out - Just need to get something going here as I have gained back 8 pounds since March And I should be losing not gaining!!!!!

Tammy there are alot of bling pieces to buy from Harley that will fit your bike- have fun with it

We we were supose to be sunny and 70 today but as of now almost 1pm we are at 48 and cloudy - dang it got the bike all cleaned up and ready to go
  • Good job Holly on both decluttering and being good on the diet.

Reda, I guess great minds think alike..... I just got done researching a lower carb (not cutting them out) diet b/c I just looked at the pic DH took of me on Ms. Queen..... and it is NOT pretty! So, I think I am going to "low carb" and probably get back to bootcamp even though I don't really want to have to go back to bootcamp..... but it works.

Gotta go... I need to do some research.
  • It would have been a beautiful day for a ride today in WI. Already took the insurance coverage off for the winter. Guessed we better not chance it!

Folks came over for lunch. Spaghetti. I ate too much. Almost supper time, but I'm not ready! I'm up to my gills with spaghetti lunch yet!

DH advised me that I could quit buying stuff he likes to make things easier for me to diet. November hasn't been a big producer of WL yet!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
  • Yipeee I got to ride - didn't get to go till around 3 as the sun finally came out so we took off but had to be back home by 5:30-6 when it gets cold
    stopped by a friends house and here come the rain and lightening in November........

Going to pick up Karly today and keep her for a couple of hours- can't wait

Well I suppose I better get going have to pick her up in 20 minutes
  • Well day 2 at the gym- I am going to try to stay on track now again- especiall since I have like not that many days before i am in a bathing suit again would like to lose 20 before Jan 25th- doable if I stay on track
  • Reda, I'm so glad you got out on the bike yesterday! I think I will be able to ride to work tomorrow. Might be the last time of the year for me, it being the middle of the month.

and congrats on day two at the gym! and hope you had a good day with Karly today.

Tammy, I guess all 3 of us are doing / starting / modified low carb

Colleen, I have to ask what a four season room is? and I am envious of your seating for guests

though I am right this second because when I changed my clothes from work, got on the scale and it shows 154...just this morning I was 150..no, I did not eat anything bad or off program! I hate fluctuations like that .

Oh this is funny, I checked the mail and there is a payroll check for me from the Club, the summer job? I got my last check from there back in October. This check shows like 150 hours at my rate, so it is rather hefty but I don't think I can keep it. I sent an email to the office manager so I guess she's tell me soon to send it back or tear it up. Oh well!
  • Keep the $$$$!! They must owe you, Holly. Maybe it was a bonus!! Hope so. It would be helpful for your new livingroom!

Our 4-season room was a big screened room that we had finished off with patio doors, windows, heat, air, and TV. We spend quite a bit of time out there. I recently hemmed and put up lightweight curtains. We have it furnished with cushioned patio set. We have lots of seating but it's TOO MUCH! Our house is just an open ranch. Not big. Just lots of furniture! This weekend I added a highchair to the mix! Grandbaby needs a chair too!

Reda, happy you got to ride. Good job on the gym!

Tammy, got a plan for Ms. Queen regarding decorating?

Low carb seems to work the best for me as that is what I liked to abuse! I can't seem to just have a serving of bread/pasta/carbs...I would need to eat it ALL! Better to avoid it. I do eat some, but think of it as a treat now. Today's carb treat was hotdog buns for the 2 brats I had for lunch. Weekends are still my "cheat". Tomorrow, back to plan. I seriously think that the best thing I have done is take a good vitamin and Omega 3,6 & 9 combo.

I only weigh in in the morning. So many fluctuations drive me nuts! (Nuttier than normal!)
  • lol @ nuttier than normal! thanks for the explanation of the room, it sounds real nice .

Oh I REALLY want to keep that check!!!!! but just thinking of how yucky to give it back after depositing it. Still awaiting an explanation.

I also think of the carb of the meal as the treat. If DH makes chicken to go in a toasted bun, i save the bun for after, wtih a cup of coffee.

I will be riding to work today! it's sunny and almost 54 degrees now at 9:30! I'll be riding home in pitch black at 6 pm but still supposed to be low 50's then. I wlll be extra extra careful riding home, no one is expecting motorcycles this late in year, and watching out for the deer! (and skunks, pee-you)
  • Snowing here! I'm not a lover of cold winter weather, but I must admit that it is a beautiful snowfall!

Lunch was a salad with artificial crab, cheese, onions, peppers, and lettuce, topped with low cal dressing, dried cranberries and a few cashews. Pretty good too! The scale was being kind this morning, but I'm sure it will have a different/higher number by tomorrow!

The morning was filled with with phone calls. Also ordered DH some Harley Davidson jeans for vacation. They fit very nice and aren't any more expensive than Carhardt, Levi or the like. Women's are very expensive though! I usually buy Lee. I also like Aura jeans, from Farm and Fleet.

This afternoon I will hang out with 7 month old grandson for a few hours. Looking forward to it!
  • Holly, it would be so great if you could keep the $$$$$!!!!! I hope you got to ride home without any 4 legged animals or 2 wheeled vehicles crossing your path. I am sending thoughts your way that it was a bonus!!

Reda, Good job on the 2nd work out day. And I hope you had a good time with Karly. Btw, when do you go to AZ?

Colleen, Sounds like your diet is going good.
    I like Aura jeans as well.

So, I have decided to do the "Fast Track Diet" by Jorge Cruise. I will start tomorrow. It is basically just a sugar free diet, b/c like Colleen said, that is what I abuse the most.

I cleaned out the bathroom of MIL's house (alone) today..... and I have sworn to myself I WILL declutter and live more simply. I never want anyone to have to do that for me...... It took me 3 hours to do laundry and get rid of the stuff out of her bathroom....... it was FULL of stuff- both new and old. Like older makeup kits from 70s..... little soaps, shells, what nots... ect. I can tell she was poor growing up..... she held onto a lot of stuff.
    But, piece by piece I will get it done. She has been "gone" 2 months from today.... I figured it was time to start. There is not a whole lot of stuff to sell. I sure do miss her.... but I know she is not suffering now and she is in a better place.

Well...... I am gonna get busy. I am going to get stuff together for the diet tomorrow.... and work. Lol
    I am really glad you all got to ride some (except Collen, who is up for the year).
  • Oh... I forgot. I got the Wen system via Amazon so I don't get stuck in that silly auto ship. For my hair type I got the "sweet almond mint". I just tried it tonight.... my hair is soft, but I can't tell any difference in what I normally do. It says it takes a few washes..... BUT, for my hair length it takes 30 pumps for the wash.... and b/c it is the "all natural" stuff, it does not lather. So, we will see if it helps my hair look any healthier.

I don't think I would get it if I did not have long hair.... seems like it would be a "waste" of $.

I will let you know more later.
  • I did ride to work! coming home in the pitch black but it was a balmy 60 degrees, incredible!

Colleen that salad sounded GREAT.

I also see that you are at an 83 pound loss - holy moley girl!!!!
  • Quote:
    I cleaned out the bathroom of MIL's house (alone) today..... and I have sworn to myself I WILL declutter and live more simply. I never want anyone to have to do that for me......
    Oh my gosh Tammy, after cleaning out our dad's home, and then part of my mom's (my uncle took over that task) I VOWED to NOT leave so much stuff for our kids to take care of. And i will leave a written or recorded message somewhere to our kids, if I 'go' first, apologizing for DH's share

Oh if you're on FB you might have seen my message today; our MRO pledges and donates 20 turkeys to 2 local food shelves; I'm responsible for 10 to our local one. I've always wanted to deliver them via a bunch of motorcycles but it has never worked out. Except for today!!

I was deep in my de-cluttering efforts when I realized that the sun was warm though the air cool (barely 50) but I decided to gear up, ride to the store and get one symbolic turkey and deliver it via motorcycle It was big, 15 pounds, and I put it in a large canvas shopping bag slung over my back. Good thing the radio station (where they are collecting) was close by!

still plugging away at the almost-impossible-seeming task of de-cluttering and tryng to get the living room in order. It is like draining the ocean a thimble at a time.
  • Still trying to drain the ocean one thimbleful at a time BUT ... ONE CORNER is done. TWO WEEKS and one corner, lol! well alot of other stuff being done but not complete. So I just look in that corner. Actually, I do need to paint that wall so technically it is not complete (argh!!) but it looks good!!

getting close. Local store is having furniture sale on Thanksgiving Day..it would be great if we could buy it and they could hold it but I don't think many places do that, they want it out of the store.

We have been having tons of sunny days! cool, not getting above low to mid 40's but that's not bad!! and no precipitation in sight for a week! woohoo