Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

You're on Page 24 of 34
Go to
  • Holly, Vent away.... and btw, I would be very upset also! It is not fair for you to scrimp and save and work for weeks with no day off and your money being thrown away without a thought. I hope he can get some of what he got for his work back.
    I also feel the weight gain pain..... literally in my jeans. I have gained a fair amount of weight through this whole ordeal...... my DH mother taught him that ice cream makes everything better..... so it became almost routine to stop the ice cream shop when we left the hospital.
    Oh well,I am gonna try to get it off little by little.

Dawn, I LOVE your tat!!!! I hope the drama in your life has calmed down.

Colleen, sorry your job is over.... but maybe you can have some "you" time before you go back to work.
    AND you are doing sooooo well with all the vacations and still losing your 10 pounds a month.

Reda, How are you? How is the grandbaby?

Aaron... you still around?

Well, I am going to get off her and get some sleep.

Tammy
  • Hi Gals I am still here, and I watch SOA and have a hoodie also. My wife and I are getting back on track with the diets so maybe next month I will have some weight loss to talk about.
  • Hi all.

New news here. Just learned that DS and DDIL are "expecting" #2!!
    They brought GS over with a shirt that says "I'm gonna be a big brother"! In our family it's just me and my older brother. He has 2 older girls and I have 2 kids. DS is the youngest of all, and the only one with kid(s). Seems odd how things work out. DD tried for 2 years with no luck.

In celebration, and breaking the news to my folks and DD we had everyone together last night. It was good to get together. DD likes to bake. I made 1 dessert and she brought 2. I should have just stuck with a burger and brat...nope, couldn't do it. I had to have some of everything! The good part was that most everything left the house with company!

Holly--re: venting subject... I've been there and gone through that same type ordeal! Why do we try so hard?!

I'm going to get busy and load all those too big clothes into the trunk of my car to donate. DH agrees that I'm too cheap to buy new very often...I'll have to stick with the thinner me! It might be easy to slide back if those clothes are around to rely on.

I got a very nice compliment the other day from one of our friends-- He said to DH, I'm not checking out your wife, but man, has she lost some weight!? I was right there, and was proud to announce 70 pounds!!

This weekend we went freezer shopping. Have one on order from Sears. We are getting some beef next month--like 1/2 a beef! The other 1/2 goes to my folks and DD for Christmas. My little freezer is full to the top. Hope to see what is on the bottom--maybe I really don't want to know!
  • Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing good. Things are a bit better on this end. I've had quite a bit of stuff happen here in just a short time. DS graduated boot, came home spent most of time with GF that he had broken up with atleast 4 times, then left to CA again. Called me a week later to tell me he's engaged to her & the thing that happened in Libya pretty much guarantees that they will be deployed after their training is done. He told me both in less then 5 minutes, plus the week before I found out th dog has a heart murmur. During the call I broke. I had to get someone to come in to finish my shift then on Monday I tried to work but couldnt so left early. I was able to get into the Dr & got some meds & have also been seeing a Psychiatrist. I told him of everything that has been going on & hes like wow no wonder you broke down. BF also left for Vegas so Im taking care of his brother who is an alcoholic. On the days I work he is on his own but on my days off I take him over to my place to make sure he is ok & so he (& I) ante as lonely.

EX went to CA to spend weekend with DS so I'm staying at his house to take care of the dog. Its much easier here then at my place specialy since I need to work 12 hours tomorow. EX left the hot tub on for me to use. Boy I have missed it. I hoped on his scale & said 123lb but that wont stay cuz yesterday I got the bad munchies & bought twinkies, cookies & chips with dip. Plus Wednesday I leave for Vegas for a few days. I cant wait! I do have to drive more then 3 hours to get to Midway Airport but for the price we got its still worth it.

I will try to get on more often as I am feeling better & able to cope again.
  • Hi girls-
    Glad things are looking up for you Dawn- have fun in Vegas as I am sure you will!!!!

Colleen you will meet you goal - you are really rocking it - boy do I need to find that motivation but just haven't- DS starts his new job tomorrow so I will be getting him up early then I will just take off for gym - get back into some sort of routine

Well not much time but I will check back in later in the week
  • Colleen--I am sooo proud of how much you have lost..... and like CC said, can you send some motivation my way? I sure need it. And Congrats on the next grandbaby.

Rita, how is life with Carly? Have you spoiled her rotten yet?

Holly, how are you? And are you back at the winter job yet?

Well, we maybe having a "small" breakthrough.... DS2 who moved out on his 18th bday and has not spoken to me is going on a business trip with me to Dallas this week. I hope we have a good time.

I am gonna get busy finishing housework. I hope you all have a good week.

Tammy
  • BTW, I did ride Ms. Dyna last week. I don't know why I "dread" riding so much lately...... cause when I get on her and get going.... I never want it to end. But when it is time to ride again after she has been parked for awhile I find every excuse possible NOT to ride. Just don't know what is wrong with me.
  • Hey Tammy! good to hear from you that is big news about DS 2, are you on the business trip now? I don't know what to say about not wanting to ride Ms. Dyna ... I guess I usually feel that one needs to trust one's gut instinct, but sometimes also I have to push myself to do something, then I enjoy it. I am no help at all am I

Hi Reda what is your weather like? I hope it's still riding weather for you

Dawn, wow, you have alot on your plate!! I hope things are smoother now

Colleen, loved the comment from the husband's friend 'not checking you out' but noticing! WTG!!!!

Hey Aaron

Well today is my first day of my late fall break. My wonderful summer job ended yesterday...it was a great season. I got to ride to work almost every day, I did my job without bothering the heck out of anyone else in the kitchen, lol, unlike my co-worker, and I got lots of comps on my desserts so it was a job well done Now I get at least one week off, maybe two.

I now have NO excuse not to exercise daily. My bleh winter job's hours are from 11 am to 6 pm, so I do get the time to work out in the mornings no problem. I JUST HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF STICK TO A SENSIBLE DIET. I'm squeezing myself into jeans that were LOOSE 3 months ago. Sigh...call me Yo-Yo dieter!!

I was able to lose earlier this year by sticking to a South Beach-type diet, I guess I just have to TRY to try again!
  • Holly,
    I don't leave until Wednesday. We are driving to Dallas.

Well, misery loves company.... so I will be your yo-yo partner..... I can't seem to get back into the swing of things..... I am thinking of doing the bootcamp thing again.... cause what I am doing is NOT working.

Just thought I would chime in for just a sec.

Tammy
  • Hi Girls and Aaron

Well just here for a bit as well- We did have some awesome weather Sunday so got to do some riding only about 200 miles but worth it
    No riding this weekend we are going out of town leaving Friday morning come home on Monday

Ya I am Yo Yo as well, just can't seem to get my butt back in gear- even getting DS up for work I still can't seem to get in car and go workout- no not me I just climb back in back for a couple hours.......

Tammy have a great trip with your son-

Oh I got an email that I passed first rounds (test and resume round) City of Phoenix say they get a couple hundred resumes for job posting and I made over 80 points so now I just wait for them to call me for an interview- hopefully they will just want to do phone interview first before flying there-
    Still not sure that I will relocate but I am really considering ......

Well better get off here have a few things to do before SOA starts
  • Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. My trip to Vegas was great. I wish it was longer. I went did not gamble at all. Had maybe 2-3 drinks the entire time I was there. BF grandson is so adorable. It always amazes me how tiny they are when they are 1st born, I forgot DS was that small at one time. Hes taller than I am now. Were waiting to hear if he will get recruiters assistance so then he can be home at the holidays. My BF will be coming home in about a week & a half. Cant wait. When I was in Vegas that was the best I slept since he has been gone. I've been keeping an eye on his brother which is getting easier since I have told him he is on a budget. When BF gets back they will start moving in here. We will stay here till atleast March then will decide what to do after that. Itll be a bit cramped but nice splitting rent 3 ways. The only thing that really worries me is his dog, shes a yapper. Below are a couple pics of BF & I.

• Wow sorry didnt really how big they were till now
  • Those are great pics. You two look good together.
    I know the dog will take some getting used to..... but the splitting of rent will be good.... I remember how hard it was as a single parent.

Reda, So what made you decide to apply? I will keep my fingers crossed.

Well, my DS and I had a blast in Dallas. It was a great healing trip for us. I am not sure how I did on the test..... I cannot explain how hard it was. I had 5 minutes to spare of the 5 hour and 40 minute test.

BUT, after we drove home.... it was better. DH and I went today to Bumpus Harley.... so Ms. Dyna may have to find her another home. I am looking at a 2010 Road King.... it is black. I am not crazy about the tank design..... but I like the bike. We will see if the deal works out tomorrow.
    Btw. Reda what did you do with your chopper?

I am gonna go for now.
  • Hi Girls

Love the pics Dawn- looks like you were enjoying yourself
    Tammy - I sold the chopper last summer and bought a 2010 Roadking
    and I have to agree I did not care for the tank design but blinging it out
    made it look much better-I do have to say I love my roadking- I had to get rid of the big seat but I just went with a streetglide seat- also have a corbin
    solo seat with backrest for long rides- Glad to hear that your trip with DS
    went so well, and I am sure you did a great job on your test....
    Well off to work I guess
  • Reda,
    Well, we have the same bike. I am the proud owner of a 2010 Road King (Black) .... I hated to see Ms. Dyna go b/c I was married on her..... but I still have the "original" tank. Besides, I did not marry the bike.

So, now I need "bling" ideas. can you email me some pic? Its my user name at yahoo.

Tammy