View Poll Results: How Romantic Do You Consider Yourself To Be?
Very Romantic! 1 9.09%
Somewhat Romantic 7 63.64%
I Am But My Spouse/Boyfriend Isn't 2 18.18%
Not At All Romantic 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 12:41 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#89)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 12:48 AM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #88 and read the last few posts there!!!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 01:12 AM   #3  
Losing it!

Dee, I am so sorry to hear about Jackie. I know I had a heavy heart here when I first read about her condition and the size that they thought the tumor was. Do you have Hospice care there? Anyone can refer the patient and family as long as the Doctor has diagnosed the patient with a terminal illness. If you do have Hospice services, I would strongly suggest mentioning it to Jackie and her family. They offer medical and spiritual support and will do everything possible to provide quality of life and the end of life, her Doctor would still be involved. Also, they will not refuse service to anyone if money is an issue. Jackie is in my prayers.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:08 AM   #4  

Dee- Email me Jackie's name so that I can say a mishabera for her on Friday nights.

Sherry-Please!!! Come to Ft Myers and clean my house!! I just laid around yesterday after jogging 10 miles, and didn't clean anything. In fact, it's been awhile since I dusted!! I am bad. I really think the Prozac has done this to me. I used to be a clean fanatic. Now I just don't care!!

Gayle-Believe me--the person who said that to me is not small. In fact, she needs to lose anywhere from 50-70 lbs. I'm not going to let it bother me too much. (SURE!!)

Jennelle-Awesome job!! Have you measured yet?
Old 02-09-2003, 01:03 PM   #5  

Hello everyone....

dee- sorry to hear about your friend Jackie-she is in my prayers.

gayle--I charge by the week. 110.00 if they come for just a day 30.00....

Sherry-I am with you if i put a sw/suit on i woudl scare the whole world not just Eddie...WW111 would start.hehehehe

Everyone have a good week and keep our chins up. One nice thing is that we are all here for each other....
Old 02-09-2003, 02:22 PM   #6  

Dee,
I am so sorry to hear about Jackie. What a nightmare.
It seems that I have been hearing more and more bad news about people. I just heard yesterday that a friend of mine had a biopsy for lumps in her breast and they may have to remove it. She will know more on Wednesday.

It is a beautiful day here. Need to get my rear moving and get some stuff done. We are going to take the kids to an animal refuge center to check out a possible party there for my son who loves reptiles. Then we'll come home so I can get my tax paperwork together for our tax accountant meeting on Thursday, oh boy oh boy! Next weekend we are off to San Diego for a camping trip on Mission Bay, so we have something to look forward to. Anyone else have plans for the long weekend?

Take care all. Nothing to report yet on a food plan, still floundering around.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:03 PM   #7  
Losing it!

HELLO FLOOZIES!!!!

Jeanne: Steve and I will be going out on Friday night, for Valentines. We will just get each other a card and then go out for dinner. Saturday I am enrolled in a day long Bob Ross painting workshop.

Vickster: You must be licensed? The going rate around here is $17.00 per day/$85.00 per week. Tell us more about this fund raiser your working on!

Dee: Thank you for the picture today. It is so sad......one just never knows.....I hope Dez is doing ok.

Shelley: See, I told you...a wanna-be super model!!!!! The offer is still open for me to come and straighten her out!

Sher: how you feeling today????? So, second thoughts on the whole romance thing????? How about adding some whipped cream and chocolate????

Which one of you gals is always romantic? I try to be, but kinda hard with a baby in the arms, 4 year old hanging on one leg, teenager wanting something and the hubby not listening....

Big plans for Valentines? Let us know how you plan on sharing the day with your special sweetie!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 04:41 PM   #8  

I am so sorry to hear about Jackie.

Unfortunately, I am also adding sad news to the thread. Friday morning, I received a telephone call from one of my son's former girlfriends who lives about 60 miles from her in Decatur. Her children had been in accident the day before. Her 8 year old son is in the burn unit here in Springfield and her 13 year old daughter had died.

I checked on-line for details, and what I found out was they were "burning leaves and used gasoline". Another child had also been burned but they were not giving any details. This was the 4th death of a child from fire in Decatur in about a week.

Yesterday, my son and his wife went up to the hospital to see the boy. Even though there have been hard feelings between wife and former girlfriend, the children were fond of Mark. Anyhow, I talked with Mark who had more details which are very shocking. The two girls involved had been close friends with one of the children who had died in a house fire within the last week. They were depressed and decided they wanted to go be with their friend. They convinced the little boy to put gasoline on them. Luckily the friend and little boy remembered to drop and roll, but the 13 year old girl went into panic and ran and screamed.

Then last night I read that 4 more children in one family in Decatur had died in another house fire yesterday morning.

We're going to the visitation tomorrow evening, and I may go back to the funeral Tuesday morning. I feel I should since the mother made a special attempt to contact me. If I'm off-line for a couple of days, I hope everyone will understand.

So I don't leave you totally depressed, I do have some less tense stuff to report.

Earlier I mentioned a version of Weight Watchers that I had read about in a magazine. The provider has a journal sheet that she offered to those on her board. Unfortunately she works and didn't have time to send it out to the 100's of people who requested it. I figured I could help her out and do it. All people had to do was leave their e-mail address in a message. Sounds simple enough? You wouldn't believe some of the messages we got. I felt like I was back working with Cook County (Chicago). Both do just the opposite what you tell them, forget to give you what you need to know, and then wonder why it didn't work.

And now my "funny" to leave you with. I am allowed to share this house with an almost 19 year old female cat named Isis. She is the remaining of the Egyptian trio. For the first 16 years of her life, she played 2nd fiddle to her big bro Ram. Since his death, she has played only cat to the hilt. Yesterday I was gone all day and didn't come in until after 10 o'clock. She was on the bed sound asleep, but when I walked in, she woke and stretched. The way she did it, she looked at the clock as if to let me know that she knew I was past my curfew. Only her!

Thanks for listening. Stay warm, and I'll be back with you soon.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:17 PM   #9  

Howdy!!

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!! It wasn't suppose to start until AFTER midnight but it starting about 2 hours ago and we almost have 2 inches so far.Well...ANOTHER day off from School!!! At this rate we'll get out in July!!!! Tomorrow will be our LAST snow day that was built in (5 days total) THEN we have to start making days up that we miss.As it stands right now....we get out on May 22nd.

I have cleaned house & washed ALL day!! Yesterday it was Mom's house....today mine.I'm so tired!

Dee (Titan Card Fan),
I'm so sorry to hear about your Sons former GF's kids.What a horrible tragedy! OMGosh!! I'll keep the family in my prayers.We never know what might happen.I hope that everyone will hug their kids tonight & tell them that you love them!

Gayle,
I HATE cool whip & whipped cream!! GROSS!!! I have never liked it! Also...I hate cherries! LOL!! I'm no fun huh???? Wayne & I don't know what we're doing for Valentine's day yet. Do you remember that it's our Anniversary??!! Yep...We will be married 16 years on Valentine's Day!!

**I received an email from Carol today. She has her hard cast off but she's in a walking cast now.She's upset about that though.Good news is: She has LOST 11 lbs!!! Go Carol Go!!! She said that she'll be back to posting real soon!!

I'll talk to everyone later!!! Gotta figure out what to cook for dinner!

Hey.........Where's Doni & our new friend Donna??!!!

Love & Hugs to all,
Sherry (sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 02-09-2003 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:29 PM   #10  

Sherry, I'm definitely going to have to pack up the snow blower for Nashville. Since I got it back, we've missed 2 predicted snows.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:34 PM   #11  

Dee (Titan Card Fan).............

Oh I know how much you miss the cold & snow! This snowman is for you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 05:40 PM   #12  

Titan Dee-I am so sorry about your son's friend. My heart goes out to the family. What a horrible tragedy!!

I think tomorrow we should all have 1 happy thing that has happened to write. What with all the sadness, a little gladness might cheer us all up!!
Old 02-09-2003, 10:37 PM   #13  

VALENTINE'S IDEAS FOR THE MAN IN YOUR LIFE!!

1. Give him a full body massage complete with scented oils. If this isn't something you can do, buy one for him from a local salon! The results are priceless!

2. Buy a little black thong, or any pair of sexy lingerie. Put it in a very small box, and place it in his briefcase with a note attached: "Can't wait until tonight!" You can bet he won't work late!

3. Cook his favorite dinner wearing only fuzzy slippers!!

4. Using Rain-X, leave him a secret message on the bathroom mirror in the morning. When he takes his shower, as the bathroom fogs up - the message will become crystal clear!

5. When he comes home from work, greet him at the door ... wearing only a smile!!

6. Find out three things he's always wanted to do, and make them happen!

7.Pick up a copy of the Kama Sutra at the bookstore, and then try it!

8.Cut out construction paper hearts with little sayings written on them, like the candies ... "I love you" ... "I'm Yours" ... and tape some red yarn to them. Hang them from the ceiling of the bedroom .. he will have fun reading all your messages!
Old 02-09-2003, 10:47 PM   #14  

OK, Sherry, you get to rest a day and then you can come up to my house and clean!!! I already got the laundry done, so you don't have to worry about that! LOL I hope you're feeling better. I have had times like that when my hormones were out of whack. Also was on zoloft last year for a while for depression. Boy, I tell you what it did work. Better living through chemistry! LOL

Dee, I'm truly sorry about your friend Jackie. She will be in my prayers. I want to know how your chest pain is doing? OK it may have been stress, but had you had been with me I'd have picked your butt up and hauled it in the back of my ambulance to the ER!!!! But that's the EMT in me LOL. It sounded like Angina, has your doctor diagnosed that? Have you spoken to your doctor? Maybe you need to get that ruled out. Also speak to him about taking aspirin (if you're not allergic). All right enough of the medical talk. I'm not a doctor and really don't play one on tv.

Titan Dee, wow what a tragedy! Bad things ARE NOT supposed to happen to children, but sadly they do. You sort of shocked me when you said Decatur. That's where my mom was born and raised until they moved to Indiana. I'm supposed to still have family there in Decatur.

Well it's getting late here and I still need to put the laundry away so Sherry won't have that job to do when she comes to clean, LOL. I hope everyone else is doing well and I'll check in tomorrow from work. Have a great week everyone.

Lisa

Last edited by lisavemt; 02-09-2003 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:32 PM   #15  

Here's a "Valentine's Word Search" that you can print out & solve! HAVE FUN!!

M Y Y T E E W S E L D D I R X
Y A D E R O S N X N J B N K R
V Z N N P R I H Y L G J W N M
U K A H E T A L O C O H C I M
X G C W N I R Y I L I V H P Q
C U O E M U R A F T I D E A W
L L L N Q T B F E M H D L R C
F A S M E O P J P H J I A T X
V C A O V I S U M T K P K Y N
H E P R P S L D G E Y U Y V J
Z N V G D Q D Z P O Y C B I W
U J T Y D M O M M J A O I T A