Old 11-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #121  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies -

a very short post for me this morning. I'm completely exhausted and my legs and arms are sore. I did a bit of housecleaning, then spent the rest of the day outdoors cleaning the gutters, mulching the leaves on the front lawn, helping DH tape two tarps down on the boat to prep it for winter. Neither of us have much energy today. Looks like it will be a quiet day of watching football, with a little cleaning, cookie baking and laundry.

I hope you all are doing well, that Little Jake is breathing regularly on his own, and that Happy and her DH made it "up nort' der ey" okay.

Love y'all lots,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #122  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Quick post for me as I just sat down to take a 10 minute break. We finally made it home around 6pm Saturday night. It has really been a very tiring journey. My feet are not used to be being on them for 12 to 14 hours constantly and both of us are very sore and tired. We unloaded the U-haul and the 4Runner and I am trying to put things away. This house is much smaller than what we left and it's going to take alot of thinking and planning as to where to put stuff. And much will have to be chucked out. But it's good to be here. Looks like there are predicting a cold rain or snow for Tuesday's moving day. Not looking forward to that.

I've got some stuff to finish up here so I will get on later tonight I hope and catch up with everyone. Just wanted to say we made it in ok and thank you all for the good wishes and travel prayers.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #123  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Seems a bit strange being back in the office, although I will admit it is a lot cooler! Might have to curl up under the desk for a nana nap shortly though. Went out for a walk at lunchtime. Didn't buy anything but then I really wasn't looking for anything. Went into the mall and had a wander through Coco Chanels new shop. She has just arrived in Brisbane. For the life of me I can not work out why anyone would pay $34000 for a handbag. You didn't read it wrong and I didn't type it wrong. For that price I would expect it to drive me to work, provide lunch and go with everything. All this expensive stuff and a great deal of it is made in China. Go figure out what we are paying for.

Happy - nice to know you are home safe. Sounds like you have enough stuff to fill all the out buildings as well. Look forward to hearing the tales.

Michelle - Quiet days are not bad days. Sometimes we just have to have them.

Laura - I'm not the greatest coconut fan in the world, but I don't actively hate it. A can of coconut water or milk makes rice quite flavourful and is good in Asian type recipes. Hope you manage to get all the leaves picked up. Bagging them up is no fun and the place never looks tidy with the ones that get left.

Ceejay - both of us back to work today. Hope you are doing it easier than me. How come you have to ring to get the chemicals put in? I thought you did all that yourself.

Mel - Plans for NZ still up in the air. Have to wait to get the form from the airline and that won't be available until 30th November and that is probably too late all the flights will be gone - which probably explains why they won't let us loose until end of November. Maybe I will just keep the flight and go to Adelaide and annoy the DS1 later on.

Glad to hear that you did not vaccuum yourself. You are learning. Who gets paid for doing it and who doesn't???

Amarantha - I like using the coconut stuff in rice cooking or in curries or such like. Don't know whether I would drink it straight tho'. It's all a matter of what you get used to and what you have always had. Didn't know it had all those good things in it though.

Annie - where are you. Too tired to talk??

Better go do some work. It's what I get paid for after all.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:24 PM   #124  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Update:

Just booked my flights to NZ for Christmas. Got a one way far for $189 which is an amazing price - return journey little more expensive. Yeehaa. Now to ring my sister and let her know I am coming so she can move out to somewhere else.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #125  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES

HAVEN'T BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS BUT IT LOOKS LIKE RAINY DAYS ARE COMING.
I BETTER CHECK IT OUT LATER ON.
I WENT DOWN ONCE TO ANSWER A SMOKE ALARMA AN D THAT WAS IT.
NOT MUCH TO REPORT BUT THE BOSS LADY WANTS TO SEE ME.
ONE OF THE TENANTS ON MY FLOOR IS LOSING IT.
WANDERING AROUND AND PEEING EVERYWHERE. SIGH.
THIS WEEK IS WALMARTS & WE'RE THINKING OF GOING.
SOMEONE TOLD ME THE STORES ARE ALREADY JAMMED UP WITH CUSTOMERS.
EACH YEAR I GET MORE TIRED OF DEALING WITH THAT IN THE CHAIR.
THEY SEE THE SIZE OF ME AND MOVE OVER 2 INCHES....WTF
ON SOME FACES YOU CAN SEE THEIR JOY IN CONTROL!
ON OTHERS THE SORRY I DIDN'T REALIZE IT'S LIKE MOVING A CAR LOOK.
THEN THE COMMENTS BEHIND MY BACK LIKE I'M DEAF ALONG WITH NOT WALKING
THIS IS THE ONLY PART OF THE HOLIDAYS THAT I DON'T LIKE
NOW I NEED SOME BREAKFAST AND WRITE MY WEEKEND REPORT....ALL OV ABOUT 5 SENTENCES!
HAVE A SUPER DAY

CEEJAY.......I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF THE MORNING MOONS THIS YEAR.
EACH ONE ALWAYS TAKES ME BYU SURPRISE TOO.
YOU WERE SURELY BUSY AT WORK!!
SMELLY OLD CHEMICALS. WE USED LIME IN MY GREAT GM'S ROSE GARDEN.
WONDER IF THAT'S THE SAME STUFF. ANYWAY...DO NOT INHALE!!!!
IT'S BEEN PRETTY WINDY HERE TOO AND NOW YOUR RAIN IS COMING...OR LOOKS LIKE IT.

LAURA......YOU COULD HAVE COME AND RAKED IN OUR LOBBY!!
EVERY TIME THE DOORS OPENED. THE LEAVES BLEW IN.
MANY YEARS AGO I ALSO HATED BAGGING UP LEAVES.
THESE TOWNS NEED TO SPEND LESS ON SOME OVERPAID WORKERS
AND GO OUT AND BUY THOSE VACUUM TRUCKS.
HOPE YOUR BODY FEELS BETTER TODAY FOR WORK.

MICHELLE....HOPE YOU FEEL OK TODAY.
THAT WAS A LOT OF BUSY WORK YOU DID.
HOW IS THE DH FEELING.
HOPE THE SHOTS ARE DOING THEIR THING FOR HIS BACK/KNEES.

SHAD.....DO YOU MISS THE MEN & THIEIR BIG TOYS???
IT MUST FEEL FUNNY BEING IN THE OFFICE BUT THE AIRCON MUST FEEL GREAT
YES YOUR WORDS OF LONG AGO SEEM TO BE WORKING MIRACLES ON ME.
WITH EACH "NO" THAT I EITHER SAY TO MYSELF OR ALOUD, THE PEEPS ARE SURPRISED!!
WISH YOU COULD SEE SOME FACES!
TOO BAD ABOUT THE TICKET BEING SO LATE BUT THEN THERE IS A VISIT TO THE DS1
UPDATE: I SEE THE LITTLE POST ABOUT THE NZ CHRISTMAS VISIT.
I AM SO GLAD IT'S ALL WORKING OUT. AT LEAST THE SISTER GOT A GOOD WARNING
WILL THE BOYS BE GING AS WELL???

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-14-2011 at 07:44 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #126  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi ladies -

I think I could use a weekend to relax from my weekend! As much as I wanted, and probably NEEDED, to relax yesterday...all sorts of "niggles" (I think that's what Ruth calls them) got in the way. I did some cooking, cleaning, decluttering and laundry...that kept me busy until dinnertime - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and salad. I was asleep by 8. Saturday night, I got 12 hours of sleep due to exhaustion...last night, I got 9 hours of sleep. So I'm well rested, but physically exhausted. I keep telling myself that I'll have a 5 day weekend over Thanksgiving where I will be forced to lay low and relax.

Dang it all...I thought I'd have time to finish my post before I left for work! I guess I'll have to do personals later.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
It's still windy today. Ugh

Shad
I don't deal with the lime and chlorine so that's the reason I called the super.
Yeah I love to have plans made. Sigh I have to work Christmas day.

Mel
I know exactly what you mean about the stores with to many people. Some one asked me about shopping on black Friday. I left out of one store in Branson because it was so crowded with merchandise I was getting claustraphobic.

Happy
So glad you made it to the new home.

Michelle
You were a busy beaver this week end. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving myself.

Laura and Amarantha
Have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #128  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning ladies...just got to work, had my 6 mos dentist teeth cleaning...all is good no cavities. Short post cause I am getting a late start to the day.

Weekend was good. Worked 6 hours Saturday at CVS, then visited Lil Monkey for a few hours was in bed by 8:30. Got up Sunday at 6 am...went to breakfast with Curtis, we did some errands, he bought a cherry wood medicine cabinet for my bathroom and put it in. Absolutely beautiful. Moved some more of his stuff over...flat screen TV, end table, and some DVDs. You know the important stuff. Worked on everything till about 8 last night was in bed by 9.

Happy glad you made it safe and sound!!

Lil Monkey is up to 4 lbs 14 oz and has gone 24 hours without breathing incidents. Only 4 more days like that and he comes home...prayers work and fingers crossed.

Gotta get busy...

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #129  

Morning all.

Happy - Glad you made it "home" safe and sound. Just remember what one of the other Worldlies said - be sure to take it easy and catch up on your rest before tackling all that awaits you. You don't want to get worn down and then catch a bug or something.

Shad - Glad you got your air ticket. Good idea to buy this one relatively inexpensive and while you can get the flights, and then save the freebie for another time. Yeh, that $34,000 handbag better come w/ some major accessories - perhaps filled w/ stacks of $100 bills and some gold, diamonds & gems. But you know it doesn't, and that's just ridiculous. I won't even pay in the hundreds for a bag, let alone thousands. And I refuse to pay for the privilege of advertising for the company either - no LV's or C's for me. Silly me, expecting a company to make their name on a bag that has good design and quality materials instead of logos plastered all over it.

Mel - Like the leaves in your lobby, bf and I went to lunch and the restaurant had leaves stuck in its revolving door, LOL. BTW, our village has several weeks of the leaf-vacuuming trucks that go along the curbs, and then after that the waste haulers pick up the bagged leaves. Not sure why they stop the vacuum trucks after this week instead of going longer - maybe there's usually too much rain (or even snow) after a certain point which could muck up the works? At least they don't make us buy the stickers for the bags. I can see how navigating crowds in your chair would be difficult. I hope your Kmart trip this week is not too crazy. I know you like the season, but must the gift shopping part of it really begin so darn early???

Michelle - You sound like you didn't really stop at all over the weekend, but it's good you got a lot of sleep. Hope your back is feeling okay today!

Ceejay - I got tired of hearing the wind blow over the weekend - I think it makes me tired and restless at the same time. I've never shopped on Black Friday and don't ever plan to. I just hate the crowds. Maybe some internet shopping on Cyber Monday - that's more my style.

Annie - Good job on the all-clear dental exam. Okay, countdown is on for the li'l monkey - let's hope he gets that 4 days of good non-stop breathing so he can go home!!! Sending prayers, good thoughts and crossed fingers!
==
Nothing much to report. Took it easy yesterday and just did some laundry and the dog walk. Picked up a gift card for my brother, who is turning 50 this week! Watched the Bears take down the Lions - yesss!

Not happy w/ the bf. He's stalling on putting up the big fancy surround system he bought, and tells me the other night that the way our living room is set up, the tv would be best over the fireplace. That's something I've been against from the very beginning. Why do I want the focus of the living room to be marred by a big ugly black rectangle over the mantel? I'd much rather look at a nice painting like we have now. He's not winning this battle!

After work today is my annual gyne exam, ugh.

Okay, better get on with it.

Last edited by Laura705; 11-14-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi my friends -

As promised...I'm back for personals...

Happy - So glad you and DH got there okay. Yes, moves can be very tiring and just thinking about it causes my entire body to ache. Take your time getting unpacked and settled in. There's no rush. Do you have a basement where you can put things until you can figure out where to put them? I don't think I ever asked you...if you do have a basement, is it a finished or unfinished basement? Ours is unfinished...and in addition to building a darkroom down there for DH, we also want to have a rec room/exercise room. I'd recommend getting tarps or something to cover the floor/carpet for when the movers bring stuff in, especially if it will be rainy/snowy that day.

Amarantha - Thanks for the Chicken and Brown Rice recipe. Sounds really yummy. Definitely going to be trying that one.

Laura - Did you get all the raking done? Is your upper body as sore as your lower body...or are you feeling okay by now? I'm glad the warm bean bag helped your sore back. You're right, I did not stop at all this weekend...until bedtime, when I collapsed. My back and legs are quite sore today, making walking a challenge (especially after sitting for awhile). I wish I brought my cane with me today, but I forgot it. Silly me. DH and I had a tough time figuring out who to cheer for in the Bears-Lions game. The Lions are closer to the Packers in the standings...but the Bears looked hella tough. Dang...I hope we don't see the Bears in the playoffs. Bummer that the BF is being such a pain in the rear. Sometimes guys really have NO sense of style. I hope the gyne exam goes well. I hate those even more than the boob squish.

Shad - Good on ya' for all the exercise you got in over the weekend...running, walking, gardening, etc. Orange moon rising? Sounds beautiful!! Bummer that you had to go back to working on-site this week. As for my talents, I know I have some like caring for animals...I just wasn't sure how they could be applied to the corporate world. After taking this class, it talks about your strengths being things you truly LOVE to do. Things that leave you energized rather than depleted. So one of the Business strengths I came away with was Brainstorming. Something I'm good at and really enjoy doing. I don't think I could even afford to WINDOW SHOP at Coco Chanel's store. I never understand spending a bunch of money on a handbag. I'd rather spend less on the bag and have more $$ to put inside it! How wonderful that you're going to NZ for Christmas!! And such a great price too!

Mel - Sorry that your tummy was out of sorts for awhile. I hope you're feeling better by now. I am sore now...and I did overdo it this weekend...but I'm getting a procedure done right before Thanksgiving (and maybe another in December) that should alleviate the pain somewhat. Good for you on getting your summer stuff packed away! I still need to find our gloves/hats for winter. for getting someone in to vacuum up the leaves. Sorry to hear that one of the tenants on your floor is having troubles. I hate the crowds in the store...especially when they're all stressed out, uptight and have not a single ounce of holiday cheer or courtesy in them.

Ceejay - I've cleaned out the freezer and frig (next on the list is the pantry cupboard) in anticipation of DMIL's visit so she has room for the foods she likes. What a lot of work you had to do cleaning out the cupboards. What a mess! It's been really windy here too. Bummer that you have to work on Christmas Day. Normally, I hit the stores VERY EARLY on Black Friday morning to beat the crowds. I normally shop from around 4 am to 7 am, which is when the stores start getting really crowded, then I go home and back to bed. This year, I may not be able to walk much due to the procedure I'm having on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. This weekend, Kohl's is having a big Friends and Family Discount shop days, so I'll likely be doing my "Black Friday" shopping this weekend. Any other Black Friday shopping I do will be online. I'll send DH out to brave the crowds! Are you spending Thanksgiving in Paragould?

Annie - So glad to hear the dentist appt went well. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I'm so happy for you!!! I'm praying for Lil Monkey, and sending love and hugs to all out there. Please give Sam an extra hug for me, okay? She's been through so much. God bless her, her bf and their little guy.

Well, I'd better get back to it. Thanks for all your well wishes for my DH. Despite the soreness from overdoing it, his knee and back were doing much better than he anticipated given all the work that was accomplished this weekend.

Much love and many hugs to all,
Old 11-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #131  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

LIL MONKEY IS NOW 4 LBS 15.6 OZ, ALMOST 5 LBS...WHEW WHO.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #132  
Creating a Healthier Me

Grow, lil monkey, grow!! And breathe regularly too, please. You'll make your Grannie Annie so happy when you come home.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #133  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, all Worldlies!!!

Shad, the coconut water doesn't taste much like coconut. It is hard to describe, it isn't like coconut milk, it is very light and mild. I love it!

Annie, so cute hearing about the little monkey.

Diyanna, I love thy avatar.

Mel, hope ye feel better now. No fun having an upset stomach!

Laura, what a good idea the warm bean bag is, hope ye are feeling better.

Ceejay & happy2bme, huzzah!

To all, mentioned or un ... also huzzah!

My nickname on line is also Tess and I so say huzzah a lot! Having a great day and hope everyone else is the same!

Woot!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #134  

Michelle - Yeh, we got the leaves raked front and back, though some of it came undone by the winds Sat. night and Sunday... I'm not sore anymore, except my problem hamstring, which is always a bit touchy. Lately it seems that when I sit on my chair at work, it bothers me. Maybe I need a cushy for my tushy, lol. Yeh, I think I hate the gyne exam more than the mammo too.

Annie - Whoo!! Almost 5 pounds! Go Jake go!! Nice to be positive here about a weight gain, LOL.

Hello Amarantha!!

Last edited by Laura705; 11-14-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #135  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

A QUICK NOTE TO ANNIE....
THE MAGAZINES CAME AND I AM SOOOO EXCITED
ACCORDING TO THEM I CAN LOSE 43 LBS, MAKE DELICIOUS CHRISTMAS COOKIES, GO NAKED AND HAVE ELECTRIFYING SEX ALL BY DECEMBER!! NOW WHERE THE FOOK DID I PUT THE A/C REPAIRMAN'S PHONE NUMBER?!?!? I WANT TO TELL HIM NOT TO MAKE ANY OTHER PLANS FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH!

HE'S GONNA BE ONE BUSY BOY!!!

ALL KIDDING ASIDE....I WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME BROWSING THRU THEM ALL.
THEY ALSO MADE ME TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AS I PUT THEM NEXT TO MY BED. LOTS OF MOTIVATION PACKED INSIDE EVERY ONE AND JUST IN TIME TOO....THIS WAY WHEN I GO TO WALMARTS ON THURSDAY I WILL LEAVE ALL THE SUGAR CRAP THERE!!

TO ALL THE CHICKS:
I WILL READ POSTS TOMORROW....NOT FEELINGVERY WELL.
ALL I DID WAS BLOWW MY NOSE AND BLEW OUT ALL MY GLANDS BOTH FRONT AND BACK.. I LOOK LIKE MY HEAD IS ON ARNOLD'S NECK!! "I'LL BE BACK!"
PHARMACIST TOLD ME TO LOAD UP WITH ALL THE OTC STUFF I HAVE AND SAY A PRAYER

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-14-2011 at 05:03 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote