Worldlies Take On October - Do Not Mess With a Determined Woman

You're on Page 1 of 14
Go to
  • Good Chilly Morning Chicks,

Another new month rolls in. I had to think fast of a new title. Hope you like it. Let me set up the transition and I'll be back...
  • Quick post for me this morning, I have to run out and get my hair done. I could not find my appointment card and I knew it was coming due - good thing they called with a reminder.

Mel - I hope John does well in his retirement, I'm sure he is in for a period of adjustment and maybe a little of "be careful what you ask for... you just might get it". Moreso I hope everything does not fall on your shoulders. Enjoy those DVDs.

Shad - hope you are feeling a bit better today - at least enough to do some cave trolling.

Annie - baby's room sounds very cute. Have a good birthday weekend with Curtis. Good luck next week with the class - you will do fine, just relax, deep breathe and take good notes!

Ceejay - I didn't realize you wanted to leave the area too. Where would you like to wind up? Better start thinking about it, time tends to creep up when one is not looking

Laura - hope you are squeezing the last bits of fun out of your vacation.

Michelle - hope you can Zumba this weekend and are not buried under month end work stuff. I hear it's cold and rainy out your way. DH said the tree colors were pretty outside of Milwaukee.

Lurkers

I have to hop in the shower. Busy weekend ahead but at least it's not as frantic as the last few weekends have been. Catch you later chicks.

• THERE ARE ONLY 84 DAYS AND 14 HRS UNTIL CHRISTMAS

THANKS SO MUCH MISS HAPPY FOR STARTING OUR NEW THREAD
    I WAS COMING BACK HERE TO DO IT BUT GOT SIDE TRACKED WITH A FALSE ALARM.
    STAY WARM....IT IS CHILLY OUT!
  • HAPPY HAIR DO DAY!!!!
  • Determined Women UNITE!

LET THE OCTOBER GRAPHICS BEGIN!!
    CAN YOU TELL I HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS TODAY?????
  • Happy
    Yes, I've been contemplating leaving this area for a couple of years. Made up my mind right after you announced you would be leaving. It will not be for another 3 to 4 years unless my social security is good enough to retire at 62
    I'm going to my sister's in Missouri.
    Thanks for starting up the new thread.

Mel
    Oh my those alarms would drive me crazy.
    ------------
    I've set a challenge for myself for the next three months. It's not about weight loss but for healthier blood results for when my next blood draw comes around in January.

I've been busy doing laundry, ironing, and getting things organized to pack for my vacation trip next week. Wish I didn't have to go in tomorrow but the reports are due and my boss will not accept any one else's because they do not have a license.

Enjoyed my over night trip to Jonesboro. My bf got a lot of her errands ran. But I simply cannot clean for her as there is to much stuff in this very small apartment of hers. It looks as if she is a hoarder, but there's no place to do put things. I did a couple of loads of clothes and took out 6 garbage bags to the dumpster. She's getting stronger and I understand her back problem but she gives into pain to quickly.She's had four surgeries. I suppose I don't understand her pain because I have such a high pain tolerance. She looks every bit of 75 years but she's only 59.

Time to go get a few groceries.
  • Morning all,
    Thanks for getting us started Happy. I was going to do it yesterday but in the rush to do absolutely nothing for most of the day, I forgot.
    We're on cutover at work and S has been busy all yesterday alternatively yelling at the referees in the footy and cursing the finance department because they haven't done their job properly. I was sitting next to him quietly with iced drinks and soothing words in between yelling at the referees and screaming at the players and loading up some photos onto webshots. It made for a jolly day. We are working from S unit today spasmodically because we can do no more until some of the others do their stuff. We think we will get a great giggle on Tuesday watching the faces as the many work orders roll off the printer. Their eyes will be bulging. Most of it is to do with counter work - ie speedo or odometer readings or hours worked. If they haven't kept these up to date in the old system, they will get a work order for every milestone missed. The computer came up yesterday and said there would be more than 240 service work orders generated for a digger. Some one has not been recording the hours!!!! Another one told us that the next work order is not due until 2038. Wrong target hours apparently. Should be fun come Tuesday.

Anyway - I am feeling much better today. Had the best nights sleep last night for ages. Only woke up once and then it was close to daylight. I went for a run/ walk this morning - the sun is out! and didn't do too bad although I am way out of shape, can only get better.

Happy - good to hear that your weekend is more settled and that you are more chipper these days.

Mel - farewells to John. Not sharing with the missus anymore. Now you will have to get the eye candy in once in a while to make up for the lack.

Annie - good luck with the class next week. You will do well.

Michelle - Hope your weekend is going okay.

Laura - Are you still enjoying the holiday? Sounded like you are having fun.

Ceejay - Sounds like you have been busy helping out BF. Shifting closer to family is not a bad option in retirement. Close but not too close

Better go sort out the laundry, get my bags packed to go back to the motel for the week. Staying out at S place has been good. Able to cook, wash, and do normal things (like nothing at all yesterday) Good stuff.

• OMG!! THE SUN IS OUT AND I SHOULD GO OUT AND SAY GOOD MORNING TO IT. WONDER HOW LONG WE WILL SEE IT THIS TIME.
    WE HAD SO MUCH RAIN & COLD TEMPS THAT PEOPLE PUT THE HEAT ON YESTERDAY.
    I OPTED OUT FOR A THERMAL SHIRT & FLANNEL PANTS
    NOTHING NEW HERE EXCEPT I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FILLING ANOTHE BOX WITH UNWANTED CLOSET ITEMS.
    THAT SHOULD KEEP ME BUSY THIS WEEK.
    ONLY ONE MORE ALARM FOR A LADY THAT FELL BUT SHE IS OK NOW.
    HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A NICE WEEKEND

CEEJAY........I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND & PAIN. I HAVE ANOTHER FRIEND LIKE THAT. VERY LOW PAIN THRESHOLD. SAD.
    NOT EVERYONE CAN BE STRONG LIKE US
    IT REALLY WAS GOOD OF YOU TO HELP WITH THE WASH & GARBAGE.
    HOPE YOUR SINUSES ARE DOING OK AND TOMORROW WILL GO BY QUICKLY SO YOU CAN BE OFF FOR YOUR VACATION!!!

SHAD.........240 WORK ORDERS?!?!?!?!?!? OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    I WISH I WAS A FLY ON THE WALL WHEN THE PRINTER BEGINS TO SPIT THEM OUT!!! WAIT!!!!!! MAYBE I BETTER NOT LAUGH!!!!! TOMORROW BEGINS JOHN'S RETIREMENT!!!! MY PHONE MAY BEGINT TO RING NON-STOP!!!
    BELIEVE YOU ME.....JOHN IS NOT MY IDEA OF EYE CANDY.....AT LEAST FROM MY POINT OF VIEW. I LIKE THEM YOUNG AND LOOKING FINE
    IF I'M GOING TO "DIE" THEN I WANT TO GO WITH A GOOD LOOKER ON TOP!!
    I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING BETTER AND HOPE IT CONTINUES.
    MAYBE IT'S A GOOD THING YOU GOT TO YELL AT THE REFS AND NOT THE MEN TODAY!!!!
  • Mel
    lol about the men. I've brought out the longer sleeves this morning. It's a mere 45 degree's. I'm loving it. The graphic is absolutely adorable.

--------
    Back to work this morning to finish the reports. Hopeing the day fly's by.
    My co-worker
  • Afternoon all. Back home and popping in for a quick hello.

Shad - your work assignment sounds busy as ever and hitting a critical point. Hope you're feeling good as new and the cold is done.

Mel - Hope you don't get the phone calls and that the "new order" works out without you labors.

Ceejay - Enjoy your vacation!!

Happy - I had a hair appointment yesterday too. Even thought they use Aveda products and they are supposedly gentler, the color still seems to irritate my skin the first day. Rinsed and conditioned today, so it should be fine now.

Michelle - How's it going? Hope you had a restful weekend.

Annie - Good luck with the classes & exam. Just pay attention and take good notes and you'll be just fine.

----

Friday was an all day travel day. Drove back to the Bainbridge Island ferry and would you believe we made it with only 7 minutes to spare??!! Traffic was slow, and the highways are only 1 lane a big chunk of the way. Bf was totally stressed and spazzy! Then it was back to the rental car place right downtown, then a 3-block walk to the rapid transit tunnel to take the train/subway back to the airport, and an uneventful flight home (my reading light worked, and I was seated next to a slender guy - yay!). Final leg was a taxi home. Did we hit all the modes of travel? Plane, train, automobile - as well as boat and our own two feet, LOL.

We were happy to see doggy - he appears to have been well-fed in our absence - got a couple extra pounds on him, LOL. Bf's mother must have been free with the treats...

Ordered a long awaited pizza for dinner - we deliberately didn't order any while out of town because it usually is very disappointing from my experience w/ non-chicago pizza.

Yesterday was lazy, except for my hair appt and so is today. So good to be back in our own bed!!!

Been researching steam irons - mine is on the fritz. It worked fine until I decided to use distilled water to try and avoid mineral deposits on my clothes and now it doesn't heat up for a long time - coincidence? Or I wonder if the cord was damaged. It was a retractable cord. It was several years old, but lightly used. Not happy about needing a new one.

Back to work tomorrow! Have NOT checked e-mail and not looking forward to that at all. Oh well. A lot of it will be unimportant.

Happy October all!
  • Morning all,
    Short post as I have decided to go caving today. Can't do any work as such. It's a public holiday here and no one will be in the office to open up the training room anyway. I might be able to get some work done without the network but because today is just super (so far) I want to move about and do something rather than be stuck in here doing nothing.

So I will deal with personals when I get back. Have a great Sunday arvo and welcome back Laura.
  • Shad. Be careful in the caves. Every one deserves an extra day off work.

Laura
    Your trip sounded like fun. You get home and I'm leaving

Just wanted to remind every one that I'll be travelling tomorrow. I'm taking my laptop so I hope we'll get free internet service.
  • Thanks Shad. Happy Queen's Day or whatever it is. Hope you enjoyed the caves!

Ceejay - Safe travels!
  • MORNING CHICKS. QUICK POST. THE BOSSLADY IS OFF AGAIN.
    GOING TO RUN DOWN AND LEAVE REPORTS AND NOTES.
    THAT SHOULD COVER IT.
    COLD HERE. HAD TO PUT THE RADIATOR ON LAST NIGHT.
    DEFINITELY NOT LOOKING FORWARD TT WINTER.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY.......AND I THOUGHT 51 YESTERDAY WAS COLD!!! OMG
    I AM HOPING FOR A WEEK OF INDIAN SUMMER!!
    SAFE TRAVELS MY SOUTHERN FRIEND. I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK

LAURA HOME!!!! YOU SOUNDED JUST LIKE THAT MOVE....PLANES TRAINS, & AUTOMOBILES. GLAD YOU GOT BACK SAFE AND SOUND. I BET TOO THAT COAL SLEPT BETTER NOW YOU AND BF ARE HOME. EVEN IF HE DOESN'T HAVE A SLEEP NUMBER BED
    HOPE YOUR FIRST WEEK HOME ISN'T TOO STRESSFUL

SHAD........HOPE THE HOLIDAY AND CAVING WENT WELL. HOW ARE YOU FEELING?? MUST HAVE BEEN A BEAUT OF A COLD TO KNOCK THE STUFFINGS OUT OF YOU. GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK ON THE JOB
  • Good morning ladies,

I'm afraid I don't have much time today. Went to bed late last night and tried to add a few extra minutes on the alarm this morning. This picking up after yourself is a bunch of hooey. The house is clean but I still spend at least an hour going over little things and putting stuff away making it spotless. I will be most happy to return to my former life DH drove one of our cars up to Wisconsin so that I won't have to freak out driving all the way. He is enjoying himself immensely. He says the night stars are just incredible. And even he says it's chilly up there - but warms up during the day. I ordered the snowblower attachment for the tractor yesterday. Now I don't feel so bad on what I spent at the grocery store and Kohl's this weekend - although what I bought was heavenly warm and soft fleece pjs and some warm boot socks for DH. And a pair of green fleece pants for him with moose all over them so he can fit into the northwoods theme

21 more work days for me I have a feeling time is going to fly.

Got you beat Mel - 41 degrees this morning, 63 in the house. I broke down and turned on the furnace too. Let's be warm together. Hope you can dodge in and out of the office unnoticed.

Ceejay - safe travels. Hope the internet force stays strong for you

Laura - I second the welcome home. I'm sure last night was a bummer realizing it's all over and vacation will be a distant memory by lunch time. But you got to see your doggie again. THat's funny that he put on some weight. I guess you decided to use BF's mom for dog walking or was she just feeding him and giving him a good doggy massage? Can't wait to see some pictures.

Shad - glad to hear you are feeling better and managed a run of sorts. You get the determined woman of the week prize That's funny about the slew of bug eyes coming into work tomorrow. They won't even know what hit them. Grumbling all around. Do fill us in on the details

Michelle - hope you are feeling good and had a nice weekend with the DH. Enjoy those last days of autumn although you've had quite the rain up your way. Are the colors popping yet?

Annie - I know you won't be posting but you will be in our thoughts. Listen well, don't fall asleep in class, don't be figetty (hard to sit still for 8 hours). You will do just fine because at least you CARE about what you are listening too.

's enough for me. I'm am running late already so better pick up the pace. Have a good Monday chick friends.