Old 12-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #76  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

I never expand my window, even if I get home from work late and miss my window to have dinner. That just ends up being a 24 hour fast night. I think if you move your windows around too much it won't be as effective for you. Perhaps you didn't eat enough calories the previous day and that's why you were so ravenous?
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #77  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Yeah, I didnt eat enough calories the day before but I wasnt hungry the day before. (Well actually I ATE my normal amount but I had a big burn that day)

I guess I'll just have to play around. For certain i will not be doing any 24 hour fasts any time soon.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #78  

Hello everyone ~

Haven't been to 3FC in a long time but my battle to lose weight has never stopped! In trying everything under the sun, JUDDD was the only thing that worked for me until I quit working it. Never got near to goal, but I did see the scale move more than I ever did with anything else. Between that and a prior few days attempt at Fast-5, those have been my foray into IF.

I've been doing Fast-5 for a week now. Like a lot of you expressed, once I eat, it's hard to stop. I'd rather condense my eating into a few hours. I've only lost 3 lbs. so far and that's been an up and down thing. But, I feel good and suffer no ill effects during or after exercising. I'm also *trying* to get back to lower carb eating as I always feel better when I cut the processed carbs out.

My window is generally 3-8 and it's been really pretty easy. I generally have a cup of coffee and tea - both with a little cream - during my fasting hours. Playing those facebook games keeps me busy both at home and work!

I'm on an IF team on another site, but it's very slow. I found the original IF thread on here yesterday doing a Google search and saw it's a bit more active, but this one has been silent for a few days now! But, I know there's not a whole lot to talk about when you're not eating a lot!
LavenderDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #79  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

I was wondering where everyone was too! Guess Christmas shopping

I love Fast-5 and hope you see good progress with it. I've been doing it since February of 2011, and can't see myself ever going back. Sooooo easy.

Good luck!
KTucke7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

This is where the IF folks are! I've been posting on another part of the forum but there was little to no discussion.

I've been doing ESE since this past Tuesday and have finally broken through my plateau.
sapphiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone

I just decided today that I want to try IF. I have been at a plateau with my weight since the beginning of October. I currently do weight watchers and the scale just has not been moving down.

So I am choosing to have my 5 hour window between 730am and 1230. I love eating early in the day and actually have always naturally never wanted to eat dinner. So this sounds good for me.

I would love to hear what to expect the first few days and any success stories.

Thanks
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #82  

@Proatthis Good luck and welcome! Some have adjustment problems for the first few days, but I have to say that I did not. I am a night eater and my window is 5-10 PM. I think it is important to set you window for the time you have your appetite spike, which is what you have done. I've been using Fast 5 since February of 2011 to maintain and it works like a charm! I've never found anything easier. I think if you are patient, it will work very well for that last few pounds you want to lose too.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #83  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I'm still playing around with my window. My schedule is not very regular. I think my main window will be 2-7 but there are a few days I will have to do something else.

Leangains is a larger window - especially for women and I might just incorporate a main window from 2-7 and a larger buffer window. I am not going to be a stickler to the point of pain. I went to some friends for dinner the other night and it was supposed to be at 6 and by the time we actually sat down to eat it was 6:55. I didnt scarf my food in 5 minutes to make my cutoff, probably went to about 7:40 that night.

Last edited by ennay; 12-12-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Thanks KTucke7

So far for my first day I feel good. I ate between 730am and 1230pm. Although I just finished reading the fast 5 and now I'm concerned about not doing the fasting All day until 5pm. The book says its important to extend the fast from the sleeping period? Any advice on this? Should I fast all day tomorrow until 5pm? or just do what I'm doing?
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #85  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Pro...I would keep doing what you are doing for now. I think you are unusual in that for most people later in the day is the hungry time. If it isnt working you can always change it up later. But I think fighting both narrowing your window AND changing from your normal eating time would be a challenge.

heh...if I made my window start at 5 pm it would be a 3 hour window max. I rarely stay up past about 9 and usually by 8:30 I am winding down. Of course, I get up at 4:30 or 5.

Last edited by ennay; 12-12-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #86  

I agree with ennay. If what you are doing works for you, it's good!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #87  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

yesterday I broke my fast an hour early with a very large meal but then was barely hungry for dinner. I had a huge deficit the day before...I'm actually settling into a nice pattern of longer and shorter windows on alternating days
Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I am an IFer but rarely post here... hi everyone!

I'm really amazed how much IF helps. I fell off the IF bandwagon for a few weeks out of laziness. I started again 100% yesterday with nothing before 1 PM except for coffee with 3 g sugar and a splash of milk.

It's insane how much easier staying on plan is when I IF. Once I take that "first bite" in the morning before I'm supposed to it opens the floodgates. I continue to nibble and graze all day and don't ever seem to get full with meals.

But if I wait and don't eat a single CRUMB until 1, I can have a healthful lunch, a small snack, and a small dinner. Yesterday's dinner was a few fries and onion rings (was out at a happy hour) but then went home and had salad, roasted cauliflower, pomegranates, and brussels sprouts. I was struggling to finish the last few bites!

Such a fan
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #89  

Hello ~

Enjoy reading everyone's posts! I've been doing Fast-5 for 2 weeks now. I did relax a little on the weekend, got right back into Monday. Haven't moved past the 3 lbs. just yet.

Some days I'm counting the seconds until the window opens, then other days I put it off several minutes later just because it's a little challenging. So far, I haven't panicked when the windows closes whether I've just eaten or not.

The week is extremely easy for me here at work. We've had some customers bring in some Christmas goodies and I just squirrel away a little bit of what I really want and save it until the windows opens. Much better than either drooling over it bemoaning I can't have any OR saying what the frig and diving in vowing to begin again tomorrow.

Love Fast-5 so far!
LavenderDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #90  

@indiblue Yes, indeed! Most of my problems with dieting have been that I never get full. My two smaller meals on fast-5 fill me up and I'm actually satisfied. I think that is the key. As you said, once I eat something and open the gate my appetite gets out of hand. Strangely, it isn't like that if I stick with my schedule.

Like LavenderDreams said, if I want goodies, not a problem. I just keep it in my eating window.