3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Lo Carb #40 The bus has filled with passengers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/24221-lo-carb-40-bus-has-filled-passengers.html)

1fralick 01-27-2003 05:42 AM

Lo Carb #40 The bus has filled with passengers

Well good Monday morning all!

But was is good about Monday morning? It's 20 below 0 again. And let me tell you about the snow we got over the w/e.
Did not do well over the w/e Carb wise. I guess I am not as far away from the doors of carb **** as I thought.

But today is a new day.

Congrats Kina on the letter!!

Sue, now when are you gonna find time to do Avon, Girl you got so much going on now!! Good Luck!

Pam Way to go on OPness, I think you might be our new queen!!!

Melody how are you ?

Hello everyone else!

gbo 01-27-2003 04:57 PM

Day 7 and OP. I have lost one ound so far putting me at 257. The steroids are finally washing out of my body so this is a real beginning on my way back down! 4 pounds more I will will have made one of my major goals .... 100 lbs down. God that sounds good to me. After that I will have 12.5 pounds to go to be half way to my total goal. I am so excited. I am at a point in my weight loss where I know that not only is it possible but it is mine to have. I am my only block and I will not block myself because I do know that to be a fact.
Pam

nasus40 01-27-2003 09:24 PM

pam you are so motivatinal!! i just have to look at how great you are doing and i can just hit my self for not following in your footsteps for the goals!!! if i did as good as you do i would have been at goal last year!!! way to go.

Kina great news on the letter I would have been up that late too!!!

as for time to do avon?? who knows!!

Pat the doors are locked!!! hang in there and stay calm!! chromium and l-caratine!!!

lodyangel 01-28-2003 09:01 AM

Hello ladies, Glad to see everyone here.

The gates of carb **** are firmly behind me as I move forward towards my goal.

I have been working out, seriously. Decided I was not pushing myself hard enough, so I burnt a CD of butt shaking music and hopped on my elliptical and it has really helped me move up my workout and push myself harder to the music. Not to mention it makes time pass quicker.

Weight was 187 again, but that is good since TOM has descended upon me with his menacing evil cravings and mood swings, but I am hanging on.

Josh and I have been good. Things have been better. He got a job. It does not pay much, but at least it is something until he finds one he is qualified for, and pays better.

Chrisitan is sick, Devin has a Dr appt with the allergist today. I will be glad when everyone gets well and stays well!

Kina congrats...

Everyone else congrats on leaving the gates of **** behind!

1fralick 01-28-2003 08:59 PM

Hey all!
Melody glad things are better for you! Sorry about the sick kids though. I am glad we are all out of there(carb ****). Sounds like you had an awesome w/o.

Pam my girl you are my hero! SO close to that major milestone. You should post a picture of your self if you have the technology. I remember you posted your pictures before.

Sue how are things for you? Did you hear back from Boo or Dana?

Kina I hope things are well for you and you saw that note Sue left you on the last thread.

Not much going on here.
You all have a good day tomorrow!

Kina 01-28-2003 09:35 PM

You really LOVE ME

You all are just the sweetest thinking of leaving me that post so that I could follow. I feel so special!

Thanks you guys for your wonderful congratulations. I am not sure if I will take the offer, as much as I would love to. Why? Well I had them check my GPA and it is at 3.0. If they expect me to maintain that they have got to be very crazy. I mean I make good grades but I am not a genius.

Who's doing Avon? I love Avon. I order from the lady at work. I could be like totally broke and still find a way to order from Avon. Is that bad? Well the bright side of it is that I would rather spend my last $5 to order Avon that to get myself a greasy burger and fries. ;) It's good trade off I think.

I joined the 100 mile challenge at school again. For every 100 miles of exercise I earn a T shirt. Last semester I earned 2 shirts. I would like to earn 2 more shirts this semester. We shall see. Below you will see my t shirt.

I can't say that the carbs have been out of my life permanetly but...I'm trying to keep it balanced and limited. Well with that I will get to my machines in order to burn some calories.

gbo 01-28-2003 10:01 PM

My Darlins, my Darlins.... Please refer to the 100 lb Club under whats your modivation as I have posted a heart felt post I want to share with everyone.
I have given my measurements. Something I long could not bring myself to do. My God I was stunned at the inches I have lost. A foot or more off my hips!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder my skirt went over my head and fell on the floor. I am still totally OP. My first week is behind me of being OP. In 15 pounds from now I will have reached my halfway mark. At 238 I will be at my lowest weight in my adulthood. Everything below that is new territory for me and in my grasp. The first half of this journey was the hardest. Any long term weight loss takes practice. What works, what doesn't, how to break the plateaus, how to hang in there when you are stuck but most of all how you view life and your relationship with it and food as well and formost the relationship you have with yourself. ON my kness I am grateful to know this journey is of my own making and success is an attitude that takes time and effort to build. It took me so long, so very long. So much damage to this poor body but it is getting stronger and I will give this body the love it has been starved for for so very long. I will show my gratitude for life , to God, to my own soul and claim the real life God meant me to have in the first place. I can not change what has been done but I can make the most of what I have now. That I am going to do ....totally. Yes,Pat, you are right pictures are in order and I will have hubby take a few and I show you where I am at this point. Perharps one day soon I shall like the camera again in fact I am sure I will. Love you all.
Pam

1fralick 01-29-2003 06:10 AM

Good morning all,
I can't tell you how much pleasure, support and inspiration that I get from you all.
Pam that is wonderful. I will look forward to the pictures. Thank you for shaing your thoughts and feelings. You have such a great way of looking at things. You are really able to put it all in perspective.

Hey Kina!!! Nice T- shirt!

The temps have warmed here and it is 20 degrees to the positive. It feels like a heat wave.
I am wishing for spring as it has been such a long winter here, starting in Nov. It's a winter from my childhood. Though back then I seemed to be able to enjoy it more.

You all have a great day.

Hello Melody and SUe

Kina 01-30-2003 12:44 AM

Pam~~~You have such a positive spirit. Not to mention, you have such awesome control. I am thinking of totally getting off the carbs again...only because the balanced meals are getting me nowhere. Can you share with me what things you eat?

Pat~~~I really like my shirt but I didn't realize that I would lose so many inches that when I got XL (which was my usual size) it was too big. So this time I am going to work towards a large.

Well I can honestly say I am getting my exercise in. I went to the library and checked out some books carb counting and such. I hope it will help. I tempted to tell them I lost that book so that I could just pay for it and keep it as a reference. It is an awesome book I have been looking for one similar to it but haven't been so lucky. I am off to bed. Talk to you all later.
Kina

nasus40 01-30-2003 10:35 AM

Kina do remember that if you are doing extensive exercise your body will require a bit mor carbs that usual (focus on the better carbs) this i have learned from my own experience but also from the girls at PP board when they were doing BFL. the had to do a modified version of the diet with alowing a small bit more to be able to reach the peak in performance but the carbs were spread over the day not in one or two meals. but glad to hear you are going full force. I love the t-shirt idea! what good motivation to work towards. I am doing avon, I have fun it was such a pleasre to see so many jump to those books but I would feel bad if i was taking your last dollar but as you put it you are treating your self, and what better way to do it putting your looks which then shows in your selfconfidence. yada yada yada i agree it is much better than a greasy hamburger in a bun!!!

Pam just 15 lbs from 238! that is almost where i started. I can just imangine how great you look!!, what has your doctor said about the weight loss???

Pat i am glad you have left the gates firmly behind you. It is a good feeling when you can say NO!

I had breakfast with my DD2 today and was so tempted to have hash browns but was really good. I am at the stage where i am afraid to let carbs back in as i tend to go overboard. hope i can keep that fear!! I will not start exercise till the boys are done with swimming in 6 weeks, then time will be better so i can manage.

Melody you are breaking the barrier when TOM is gone your whoosh farie will decend and bless you. way to go. glad thing are going well with DB some times they need a good shaking up to learn a lesson and sounds like you gave him that!!!

well chicks it is time to get my but in grear for a cleanning fool to hit this house (I need more coffee) ;)

nasus40 01-31-2003 06:16 PM

It is friday night where are you girls?? I am still OP debating wether to go off for the night or stay OP> the question is if i am debating, why go off plan at all?? Right???

1fralick 02-01-2003 05:59 AM

Sue I hope you had success!!!

Hello everyone. I am off to meet my sister and shop.

Have agood Saturday!

nasus40 02-01-2003 09:31 PM

I did manage to stay OP> It was tough as i really wanted the big mack but i could not justify it. not strong enough crav8ings I guess!!

I feel good
:cb:
NA NA, NA NA, NA NA!!!

:cb:
I feel good !!!!
:jig:
:dance:
:dancer:
:goodvibes

1fralick 02-02-2003 06:15 AM

way to go sue!!!!!

nasus40 02-03-2003 07:11 AM

Still here

Pat you have not checkein in this morning that is a bit unusual. How was your weekend???

Melody what is up? hanging in there???

Pam???

Kina???

OK girls what gives where are you??

Terri??

Lee??