View Poll Results: Do You Think That Cell Phones Should Be Banned From Movies & Resturants?
Yes.It's Very Annoying 5 55.56%
They Have Been Banned In Places Like This Already In My Area 0 0%
NO.They May Need That Phone Call 2 22.22%
No.It Doesn't Bother Me 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 07:14 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies...(#94)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 02-21-2003, 07:23 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #93 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!

Also.........Don't Forget That Now There Are 3 Pages To Each New Thread!!
Old 02-21-2003, 10:12 AM   #3  

Dee, I'm thinking of you and hope you have a good day. Keep us informed about Dez. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Thank you everyone for keeping my boys close to your hearts. For right now, no news is good news!
My high school friend lives in Tyler, Texas. Her niece is getting married this summer about 50 miles from here. We are hoping to be able to get together then.

Debbie, what did you have done to your hair? I know it looks great!

As for American Idol, I never watched it last year, but I happened across it this year and now I'm hooked. I watched the good, bad, and ugly outtakes Wednesday night. How embarrassing!! I felt so bad for some of them that I had to turn the channel until they finished. The last one was especially painful to watch.....the boy who sang Madonna's "Like a Virgin". OH MY!!!!

I feel so sad for all the people killed and injured in that nightclub fire last evening. It was just horrific.

I better get busy. I'll talk to you all later.
Love,
Ramona
Old 02-21-2003, 10:16 AM   #4  

BTW.....I'm saying a special prayer of thanks that no one tried to sell me any Girl Scout cookies this year! I am a thin mint junkie!!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:18 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Ramona: No wonder the guy sang "like a virgin" with a voice and personality like his, I'm sure no one will get close to him! I personally liked the clean cut kid with dark hair, I forgot his name. Hurcules was a little "fruity" but could really sing good. Again, only my own personal opinion..... I have a friend from Tyler Texas, she lives away from there now in Oklahoma, but her family is still there.

Dee: I'm glad to hear that Dez visited with you and that she had a Doctors appt. I hope all works out well, I can only begin to imagine how you must feel, to know your child is having problems and not to be able to "fix" them.

I just read that the young transplant girl is now having swelling of the brain. They said it is life threatening.

Did you guys watch the new surviver?????? Talk about putting a group of PMSing women together!
Old 02-21-2003, 01:03 PM   #6  

Here is something a friend sent me today and I wanted to share it with all of you.........

I have in my hands two boxes Which God gave me to hold.
He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black box,
And all your joys in the gold."

I heeded His words, and in the two boxes
Both my joys and sorrows I stored.
But though the gold became heavier each day
The black was as light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black,
I wanted to find out why,
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

I showed the hole to God, and mused,
"I wonder where my sorrows could be."
He smiled a gentle smile and said,
"My child, they're all here with me."

I asked God, why He gave me the boxes,
Why the gold, and the black with the hole?
"My child, the gold is for you to count your
blessings, The black is for you to let go."

I consider all of my friends a blessing.
Old 02-21-2003, 03:45 PM   #7  

Ramona: I agree about the girl scout cookies. They are good, but were sure getting pricey and did nothing for weight loss. Of course, all the other things that someone was always trying to sell didn't help either: lets see there was popcorn, pizza, candy. I seem to remember when I was in girl scouts, we sold something else during the year too.

Gayle: The last report on the gal from Mexico didn't appear to be good. I've not heard in a couple of hours. So far I've avoided the Survivor, Fear Factor etc. stuff. Joe Millionaire and the Bachlorette was all the trap for me.

Sherry: Changing the machines so often is what bothered me. I guess I would have liked it better if you'd only do each one once, instead of twice. And I thought I heard somewhere that it may even be 3. I wonder if they are all the same. I reread your message and realized that you said that you changed machines every 4-5 minutes. Where I went I think it was every minute. I thought that was even dangerous especially for older women, and one that was there was in her 80's. The music was fine and not having men there was okay too.

To everyone else, have a great weekend. I've heard we may get more snow. The only good part is I may be able to catch more people home. I "only" have 74 phone calls to make for the political campaign I'm working with. The lady Candy is running for city alderperson. I went to her fundraiser last night and it was actually fun. Her family is so nice and sound as if they have a lot of fun together. I worked with her sister Pat at the table where people paid their money. There were several local biggies that came in including the mayor, the head honcho for county republicans.

In the meantime, the latest in the mayor's race (the current one is not running) is one of the candidates found out this week that he hadn't graduated from college. He thought he had, but someone "accidentally" checked into it and discovered he had 2 "incompletes" on his record so is 8 credits short. It may be nothing more than an instructor neglecting to correct paperwork. I talked with a gal that used to teach at the local junior college and she said it was a nightmare for the instructor getting those records fixed. In the mayor candidate's case it's been 20 years or more, so he may be just out of luck. Of course, the locals are making that the #1 campaign issue this week instead of which one can actually do something for the city. Oh, the love of politics, particularly in Illinois. We also have probably the only governor in the country who makes headlines by coming to the capitol city. He prefers to be in Chicago and doesn't want to live in the governor's mansion. Didn't he know where the capitol was before he ran for office???

PS. This is actually the 5 o'clock update. The girl with the heart lung transplant name is Jessica. They are now concerned that she has brain damage, possible irreversible, from fluid on the brain. Prayers are definitely needed.

Last edited by Titan Card Fan; 02-21-2003 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:46 AM   #8  
Losing it!

It sounds like if young Jessica lives, she will be on life support or live life out with severe brain damage. How horrible for everyone involved. I keep thinking, what if this was me and my daughter....

Worked on the "Frugal mud puddle" today, finally got the hole dug deep enough, now to place the liner and start hauling in the rock. Hubby will be out of town over the next few weeks, so I probably will not get that much done.

Have a great weekend girls!
Old 02-22-2003, 03:30 AM   #9  

hello all,
boy what a day.
i was horrified about the niteclub fire.
im in anouther group and one of the gals had a urgent prayer reqeust.
her son had went to the niteclub and she hasnt heard from him yet.
i couldnt imagine what this womans going thru watching the totals going up like that.

the transplant girl now thats crushing.
severe brain damage.
so very sad.

ok im a survivor addict bad!
im not used to all there names yet but im sure the deaf girl will go next.
making to many waves to early in the game.
hard to believe theres no shelter or nothing.
there gonna be helpless by the time they merge.
oh i could go on........
hugs,
doni
Old 02-22-2003, 06:32 AM   #10  

Dee-Your poem is absolutely beautiful.

Today is the day I start journaling again. I've got to get off at least 3 lbs. I can't stand this!! Wish me luck!!
Old 02-22-2003, 11:05 AM   #11  

You will do fine Shelley. Journaling is the key. I know if I journal it makes me accountable for what I put in my mouth. Think how far you have come and feel good about yourself.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #12  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls

Talk about a lazy morning!! I've cooked breakfast this morning and that's it!! It's raining here and just yucky outside. They said all this may even turn to snow tonight. Weird Tennessee weather.

Shelley....I agree with Dee. You have done great and you are an inspiration to all of us. You and Dee are the Queens of the walking/excerise thread. WTG girls!!!

Dee...How is Dez this morning? How did her visit go with the doctor? Maybe he will put her back on the medicine for awhile. Thinking of you and her this morning. Loved your poem!!!

Sherry....How are you feeling this morning? Hope your back is better after a good night's sleep. Maybe all your hard work is just catching up with you. Take it easy today and get some rest. Love ya!!

Dee {titan fan}.....I love Curves too. I don't mine changing machines at all, keeps it interesting. The main thing I love is that it's so affordable. I'm like Sherry though, I had much rather come straight home everyday. Takes extra effort. but really worth it!!

Doni....The nightclub fire was torrible. There is so much bad news these days. It's depressing!!!

Ramona.... I gave myself an early birthday present and got my hair done. Nothing major just a frost and trim. Anything that will help cover {gray}>>>> ugly, ugly word. It's really getting harder to do things that help make me feel young these days...LOL.

Concerning the girl scout cookies!! I bought 6 BOXES this year. Am I crazy or what??? Good news is....I left them at work. They are sitting beside my desk until I figure out what to do with them...LOL. I may save them and give them as Christmas presents this year.

Love to all my Floozie friends, even the long lost ones that don't post anymore. We still love you!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, filled with family and friends. And being OP, or course!!!

Deb
Old 02-22-2003, 02:35 PM   #13  

Just wanted to say hello to all the floozies and wish you a good weekend. It is raining here and may start snowing tonight.
I'm on my way after work to get a perm....haven't had one is several years. Hopefully I won't be the queen of frizz when it's over! LOL

See you all on Monday!

Ramona
Old 02-22-2003, 02:51 PM   #14  

hello,
shellym,you can do this!
youve come so far.
you go girl!
im cheering you on.

debbiea,were getting the snow now.
it was raining but its swiched over,
posed to get 3-5 inches.
my hair is frosted youll like it.

ramona,let us know how you like your perm.
everyone take care.
doni
Old 02-22-2003, 03:39 PM   #15  

Hey Ya'll

Kinda of down in the dumps today.Not feeling too well. I thought 4 days ago that I pulled a muscle somehow in the UPPER side of my back.When I move a certain way, pain shoots down the side towards my stomach.I thought if it were a pulled muscle, it would have worked it's way out by now.But I think it's gotten worse.Oh well, If not better by Monday, guess I'll have it checked out.

Doni,
Have you found out if the lady's Son was at the nightclub? Hey....Please keep that snow there!!! Our rain is suppose to turn over to snow late tonight and I'm praying it doesn't.I'm sick of the SH** Ready for SPRING!!

Debbie,
I can't believe that James wants to get you a stove for your B/day!! LOL!! Too funny!! But hey.....Wayne & James are just alike!!! LMAO!! BTW: You better not save any of those Girl Scout Cookies for me!!! I bought mine....ate them....and now I'm DONE!!!

Ramona,
Good luck on the perm! I know you'll look just beautiful! I'm honestly thinking of having mine STRAIGHTEN!! It's so funny that people with straight hair wants curls and people with curls wants straight hair! Aren't we ever satisfied? LOL! Really, I'm like my Mom...the older I get the CURLIER!!! RATS!!

Shelley,
Hang in there and don't give up!! You are the inspiration for us all! You have made closer to your goal then any of us! You have done it before and YOU WILL do it again!!

Dee,
How is Dez? How did it go at the Dr? I'm still praying that everything works out good for ya'll!! Hang in there...give your love and know we're all here for you!

I've got to stop now and get ready to go to the store.Tomorrow is Chris' 20th birthday! Where does the years go?? We're having company over tomorrow night for dinner and got to get busy.

To all the other Floozies: Hi and post soon!!

Love & Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Closed Thread