Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 12:31 AM   #16  
gbo

Well my Darlins..... Hubby and I have torn out old carpeting and are painting plus................... We had a major leak in our plumbing $136.00 worth of leak and had no idea!!!! It was the pipe in our front yard. I told Hubby something was wrong as our water pressure had dropped to half. He did'nt listen so now we have a whopping great water bill! The faucets on our bathroom sinks have to be replaced. I sent Hubby for the brss ones as near to those we have as possible and that set us back another $350.00 not including the plumbing work that is going on. The plummer isn't cheap by any means but Hubby is in no way a plummer. As it is when the plummmer comes back in the morning he has to repair the plumming beneath the kitchen that Hubby worked so hard to do. Lord anything but plumming!!!!!Plumming.... Hubby, Hubby.......plumming.....ahhh Noooooo!
The funny thing is we just recieved part of our income tax refund and thank God for that!!! We are up to our arm pits at the moment but it is wonderful that the funds showed up just in time for what was needed. I was down a pound this past week . I am still fighting for every pound but A small bump in the road is that Tom had come and would'nt leave so guess what .....more hormones but not for long.
Kina every body functions differently. For me personally, I am stronger on protein and have much more staminah but thats me.
I eat only meats, except for a bit of garnishing.
Liver and onions once a week cooked in bacon grease. Thats the old country way.
chicken, fish, Tuna from the can or pouch. The flavored tuna in the pouches are great. Eggs. Farmers cheese only. I do use catchup, and barbeque sauce not to excess, but fairly freely. I do use bacon to add to flavor such as wrapping a chicken breast in. careful use of grease .....liver and onions are my one real use of bacon grease. Omelets I do a bit of an aged hard cheese in small doses....And well over a gallon of water a day. I think I may have to cleanse my system of all the steroids and horomones by a day or two of fasting and flushing. Once a day do a shake such as Atkins for the extras to keep the body running smoothly. DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU KEEP THE BODY FLUSHED WITH WATER!!!!!
That is the most important part not for the weight loss but because any time your body is lossing weight you go into keytosis and your kidneys must be flushed of the toxins. They build up fast and the FASTER YOU LOSE the more toxins that occur. That can become dangerous without the flushing needed to keep those kidneys working and fully functional.
LOve you all.
Pam
Old 02-06-2003, 01:04 AM   #17  
gbo

Well, the plumber has to return in the morning to finish all of this and I will be so glad when he is done so I can put the bathrooms back in order. Between the bathrooms and the bedroom furniture in my foyer, well what a mess!!!! Op and doing fine. Struggling with the pounds at the moment as my weight shot up 5 lbs after just one day of hormones!!! No biggy but at first I was stunned!
It will go away as soon as the body gets adjusted. The Doctor says about a week. I certainly hope so!!!!! Chugging right along
letting nothing distract me.
Pam
Old 02-06-2003, 05:29 AM   #18  
Work in Progress

Pam I am so sorry about your water woes! In all areas ! WAy to go on the OPness, I think you are our reigning goddess!
I can't seem to get into a routine here. Very frustrating. I will either eat OP or w/o. Can't seem to do both. The weather isn't helping.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-06-2003, 10:13 AM   #19  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hanging in there with eating but still no exercise but getting the hang of OPness!!!

Trying to take after our reigning goddess!! PAM!!
Old 02-09-2003, 12:01 AM   #20  
gbo

Still totally OP and I have lost track of how long it has been! I am locked away from the kitchen and food (which doesn't hurt my feelings) so I can care for my Children of the Fur. The boys were neutered and I have to keep them quiet. They go nuts if Mommy leaves them alone so here I am!!!!I glanced threw the 100 lb club and saw a posting about Pilates,it would be just funny if it weren't so odd how things work in this universe. My friend in Illinois and I were just talking about that last night and as she knows me so well, she totally advised me to use this form of yoga as it is low impact but highly effective. I haven't done Yoga in years but as I can still sit in Lotus position I believe I will get the tape. I have a large mass of sagging skin on my belly, arms and legs, the rear is pretty mushy too. I have been working individul muscle groups and am actually getting major response in the tummy area. I can pull that baby up three inches. At first nothing moved so I am making real headway in that area. I need the muscle strength in the abs for my back and am working hard to get it going. Hubby was amazed. The flappy arms are rather extreme you could lose a volkswagon in those wavy arms!!!!! They hang a good three to three and a half inches. All that weight loss with no exercise!!!!! I have 5 lb weights I have begun to use and hopefully I can begin to make strides there too.
I will avoid the knife whenever possible!!!!! I lost anothe 1 1/2 lbs so I am down to 254 1/2. 1 and 1/2 pounds to the 100 pound mark. MRI's on Monday and I hope a really serious weight loss next week 13 and 1/2 lbs to my half way mark......drum roll please!
Goddess huh? Wanna hear something funny. When I lived in Illinois a few of my lady friends got together once or twice a year for Goddess parties. Chaise lounges hanging netting, candles, fresh fruit served on beautiful silver and in costume befitting the occasion topped off by Champaign in the pool. Ah the good old days!!! Who would have suspected the lady in steel toed work boots would do such things!!! Oh and the music, so exotic and wonderful. I really must do that again someday in the near future and be the total Foo Foo female again. Which reminds me I really must get another big poofy Boa!!!!!!! LOL
Pam
Old 02-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #21  
gbo

CHAMPAGNE!!!!!!!!! with fresh mango juice AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 02-09-2003, 06:28 AM   #22  
Work in Progress

Hello all!
Pam that sounds very wonderful!! Everyone should attend a Goddess party! Congrats on your awesome progress and I hope the scan goes alright!
I continue to toy with teh gates of carb ****. Can't seem to focus. I am mesmerized by the siren's singing there.
DH and I are heading for tenn. this weds. So far the weather forecast seems in our favor. Maybe after I get back Iwill be able to concentrate.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-12-2003, 01:39 PM   #23  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello My Goddesses!

Sorry I have not gotten a chance to pop in. Things around here have been crazy as always. I fell off the exercise wagon last week. I only worked out 2 days. I actually thought about giving up, but didn't. I don't want those fat rolls back. So I am in for the long haul. Nothing will stop me now!

Congrarts Pam on your loss. You are truly an incredible woman.
You are doing better than me if you can get into the lotus position. I have been doin yoga for about 2 months and can not accomplish that yet!

Pat, I hope you have a great trip and I know when you come back you will be ready to kick some fat-demon Butt!

Sue, I am glad you are doing so well. Don't worry the exercise will come.

Kina, Loved that Tshirt idea!

Have a great week!
Old 02-18-2003, 06:36 AM   #24  
Work in Progress

Oh my gosh where is everyone?

I returned last night.

Will have to do the carb withdrawel thing again

I'll write more later
But gee where the heck is everyone?
Old 02-19-2003, 12:02 AM   #25  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi People! How is everyone doing? I have been so busy with school that I am going out of my mind. I honestly think I am making into more than I really need to.

You guys I really have to admit to my failures here. I have been eating everything but within reason as far as calories go...I guess. I would like some input from you all, if anyone happens to know...hydroxycut? I know Melody had been using some kind of supplement, I think?

I will check back when I can...talk to you all again.
Kina
Old 02-19-2003, 06:24 PM   #26  
Work in Progress

Hello all,
Nashville was wonderful. DH and I had a great time. I didn't realize how uptight I was before going away. We stayed at teh Opryland resort. ANd wahat treat it was for us. WE never really do anything and we won't be doing anything for awhile. It is a beautiful place. Not a place for lo carb but, I am back on tract. Got theheadahe but that will soon be gone. Tommorrow will be back at the gym. Nothing better to motivate you than a hotel mirror. Oh my gosh!
Kina Nice to see you post. I just got the online info on the graduate program I plan to apply too. I guess I am ready to get back to school. It can be so overwhelming at times.

Hey Pam how are the water problems. Where are you oour current goddess you are sorely missed.
And speaking of being missed Sue where the heck are you? I hope all is well but you too are missed. You'r knowledge and spiret nver fail to pick me up!
Melody how are things with you? Please don't give up you have come so far!!!! Time to regroup. You were ccompeting with Sue for teh workout queen and I do belive carried the crown for awhile! How is the family and relationshiop?

Lee you keep teasing us with checking in. How are you? Hope you aare well and will be sharing your support soon!

Boo and Terri are you still out there?
Dana I wish you would come home again.
I hope I have not missed anyone.
My goal is to be more consistant with checking in. I find when I stray from all my friends My woe pays the price. Summer is coming and I need to get back into teh clothes I was in before. I have dreams that are inportant and it is up to me to make them happen. I need to move my body for my health. I need to be aware that the carbs that I take in make me feel bad. I need to make myself a priority!

Anyone else in???
Old 02-23-2003, 06:29 AM   #27  
Work in Progress

I have been lurking everyday, and wanted to avoid talking to my self.
Where the heck is everyone?
Food is so-so. No w/o .
Water ok at work .
My goal is to go to teh gym 3 times this week eat OP and get the water in
Check in when you can
Old 02-23-2003, 10:58 AM   #28  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Pat. I hope you are doing well. I think everyone is so busy. I can't even set goals at this point. I have been beyond busy. But I have found stress reflief in my website creation. Would you like to see what I have done lately? I have even linked a page back to 3FC! It's still in the construction phase. I plan to add, add, and add more. Well atleast every chance I get. Okay well check it out...and sign my guestbook and also do the neat little email thing at the bottom I have a nice surprise attached to it .

http://r_aniroc.tripod.com
Old 02-24-2003, 12:34 PM   #29  
Work in Progress

Hello all,
i am stuck home as I missed the bottom stair and hurt my ankle. I an using a cane and DH is taking me to teh MD this afternoon. UGH. Should have gone last night but I hoped it would be better this am.
Nothing new really going on here
Hope everyone is well
Old 02-24-2003, 06:08 PM   #30  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am back I have had terrible computer problems but am back for now!! Untill the next crash!! LOL

I can not stay now have to get the kids swimming but i need to get back OP and get my l8ife back!!! I have been saying that for a while just when i start it falls apart!!!

so HI all count me in!!!
Closed Thread