Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 09:12 AM   #16  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

I'm here .. sorry for not posting - just been busy.

Sharon:

Way to go on the 11 lbs! You go girl! Hmmmm .. maybe I need to make copies of those "tapes" .. lol I'll call you soon on when we will be coming your way! Can't wait!

Judy:

Congrats to you also on your 5 lbs down! Keep it up also. Maybe next week I can have a loss .. I'm still at the same wt - I think I need a little exercise in my life!

Carolyn:

So sorry to hear about your cousin. My prayers go out to his wife and sons.

Slyvia:

Now that I have finally taken my decorations down I can pull out my treadmill and hopefully start using it - I thought about signing up for curves, but still am favoring my one bad knee so am worried it may be too strenuous for that .. besides, I don't want to spend the $$$$$$ - lol. Your crab cakes sound really good. Thanks too for all the great words of wisdom you have been posting - helps a lot!

Ok guys - I realize our group has "shrunk" a bit but we can get it going again if we all (what few of us are here) keep posting daily .. maybe we can even get some of our "lurkers" back in here too. We cannot let our group die! We will NOT let our group die!

Talk to ya soon!
Love, CJ
Old 01-21-2003, 11:02 PM   #17  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi guys,
Yes I agree with Carol that even though our group has shrunk we still need to post whenever we can to support, encourage. motivate each other too. We are all friends here and we welcome anyone else who wants to join in the group. Some of us come and go, but everyone is always welcome back to the fold and I hope we see many bright new faces in 2003.

CJ-Glad you posted, miss you so much, but understand being busy cause I sure am too. We have Curves here in Columbus and it seems to be a good program from what I have heard. You can go at your own pace I would think.

For anyone who is wondering what CJ is talking about my "Tapes". I had sent for something I saw on TV called Smart Tecniques. They are a series of 12 motivational tapes and the entire program runs about 5 weeks, listening to a 30 minute tape night and alternating between the 2 sides. Than the next week I listen to a completely different tape. The spokes persons are those comediannes called "The Mommies", who used to have a series on TV. Marilyn and Caryl. The tapes are tapes to reprogram my lifelong bad habits or subconcious programs when it comes to food. They can't be used while driving a car as you have to relax and it is almost like hypnosis to me. I really love it, but it cost quite a bit of money to send for it. When I first got the tapes my husband was kind of mad and said it was a scam, but has now changed his mind because they seem to be really working. My willpower is there now as never before. I am so determined to be where I want to be now that I feel that nothing can stop me to get there. I really like them and as a matter of fact need to listen to one before I go to bed so I will get this posted. I feel really good about myself with this program and the great thing is that you can use it with any sensible weight program and I am STILL on the Weight Watchers program and with me losing 11 pounds these last 2 weeks they are just what I need. :

Talk to you later guys and love you's, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 01-21-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #18  
CJ

Default About water .....

Importance of water, are you drinking enough?

We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

(No kidding, all of the above is true.)

CJ
Old 01-22-2003, 09:50 PM   #19  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. I was weighed on Friday and I lost 3 pounds in a week(8 pounds in a month). Some how I didn't think I was going to lose anything at all.

CJ and Sharon are right, we have shrunk but we will not let this group die!! We all mean so much to each other, at least you all mean a lot to me. So much that I'm going to let you all in on a little "secret" that I've been keeping from all of you. The 8 pound weight loss has my nutritionist concerned, my doctor on the other hand isn't concerned at all. You see, I am 13 weeks pregnant!!! Yup, it's finally happened! You have all been so supportive in my "baby" quest that I felt guilty not telling you. My "official" due date is July 31, 2003. I've been pretty lucky, I haven't had any morning sickness(knock on wood) or have been very hungry. My husband on the other hand is craving Mexican food and getting the varicose veins ( I hope he's the one that feels the labor pains and not me). The only things I have been "craving" are kiwis and buckwheat pancakes(not together). I have been walking everyday ( well, weather permitting) but haven't been to Curves. I will return to Curves next week. I already spoke with the lady at Curves and she told me how to modify the routine so that it's beneficial to me and the baby. My husband and I are excited but scared at the same time.

Well ladies, I'm off for my walk. I hope you all have a fabulous evening!

Sylvia
Old 01-23-2003, 09:43 AM   #20  
CJ

WHOOPEE! YEA! CONGRATULATIONS!

Slyvia: I was just checking in but going to post later as I am in a hurry and on my way out the door BUT .... I want to be the 1st here to congratulate you and your hubby! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH - am so happy for you! I know how long you have been wanting to get pregnant - just goes to show us that if you want something bad enough you will get it! Thanks for sharing with us - this is sooooo exciting! Oh yes, congrats on the 8 lbs also. Well ... will catch ya later ... once again, I am so happy about your great news!

Love, CJ
Old 01-25-2003, 12:07 AM   #21  

Hey Sylvia!

How wonderful that you will soon have a beautiful baby.

I am soooo excited for you and your husband. Thanks so much for letting us know about your soon to be blessed event. I too feel like you do that we mean so much to each other and I am honored that you let us in early on your wonderful news.

Oh boy oh boy first Sam and now you. Man hope it is nothing in the water cause I have been drinking plenty believe me and with 4 grown kids I thought I would just let you younger girls have the babies. LOL

Keep us up on how things are going for you during this time. you are doing such a great job with your weigh and working out too. You are going to have such a healthy baby do you know that? Because I know that.

CJ-Thanks so much for the article about the water. I sure have been drinking mine lately. GLUG GLUG GLUG

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 01-25-2003, 01:31 PM   #22  

Hello Ladies!

Thank you for all of your good wishes, it means a lot to me. I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible but something just don't taste as good as they used to. I used to love asparagus....could eat it all day if it was possible .... now, I can't even look at it ( the same goes with OJ). My poor Mom is going nuts just knitting away for my sister (she's due in mid April) and now for me. Thank God she enjoys it. The weir thing about losing 8 pounds in a month while pregnant is that I thought my clothes would be baggier ....the waist is starting to get a bit "snug". Where did the 8 pounds come from? Not that I'm complaining, I'm only "allowed" to gain 15 pounds during pregnancy.

Sharon- I forgot to congratulate you on the 11 pounds you lost! Very inspirational to all of us. Join the water club sista!!! I thought I was drinking enough water before being pregnant, now my doctor tells me to double the amount!!

Carolyn(Regency)- Sorry to hear about your cousin, your family is in my prayers

CJ- You sure are one busy woman!!! But you still manage to do your journaling! You are my hero!! Thanks for the inspiring words, this group means a lot to so many people. I don't think we will ever let it die!

Well ladies, I'm off to make some breakfast.....those kiwis are screaming my name!!! If I could only figure out how to make buckwheat pancakes, I would never eat out again!!!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Sylvia
Old 01-26-2003, 06:36 AM   #23  

Sylvia - WOW!!!!! I am so happy for you, while I may not past that often I've been around for years and I know how much this baby is wanted by you and your hubby. I am very excited for you!!

And as for weight, seriously do what you can to stay active and eat well, but I think our bodies do what they want anyway. I gained about 25 the first time, about 45 the second! (I did start off lighter the second time). Josephine (no 2 dd) is now 4 months old and I've lost 36 pounds. I even breastfed Charlotte (dd1) all through this pgy and still put on heaps. But I wore tight clothes to show off my big belly and got told so many times how good I looked, whereas the first time I hid my belly (which was condiserably smaller) as I was worried about how fat I was. Ridiculous!

I'm just so excited for you! As nearly everyone here (well actually all of us who are posting lately) can attest, hvaing a baby is just incredible. 13 weeks already, won't be too long til you feel some little flutters hey?!!

Hi to everyone else too of course, but a massive CONGRATS to Sylvia!!!!
Sam
183(9 mths pg)/147/132
Old 01-27-2003, 04:27 AM   #24  

Thumbs down

Hello! I have been lurking around the site for a few days now, and I believe I have found my niche. May I join in?

A little about me: My name is Desiree, and I am a SAHM to Ethan and wife to Robert. I am 23, and my birthday is on April 17. I have two cats named Schatze and Imakitty (Ima). Anything else you want to know? I'd be more than happy to answer.

Anyway, I really like the vibe here, so I have decided to stay. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 01-27-2003, 09:38 AM   #25  

Default Welcome Desiree/ethansmommy!!

Hi Desiree,

Just checked the group and saw that we have a new and very welcome member join us.

You will just love this group Desiree so much. We are not real big, but there is a lot of loving support, encouragement and motivation here by these wonderful ladies. I am happy to have you join in and know that you will be welcome with open arms.

It sounds like you have a rich and full life with your family and kitties too, we have 3 cats and 1 cocketial bird myself and they are part of the family as far as I'm concerned. Tell me about your son Ethan, how old is he ect. Your husband is Rol right? I like that name. Anything else you want to tell us too, do you work, any hobbies ect? I see you joined our 2003 New Years Challenge too, good for you!

Dreamer-Hey happy to hear from you as I know that those 2 little beautiful girls are keeping you sooooo busy. Hope things are going well for you and your family. I miss you when you are gone.

Sylvia-Yes the water thing sure makes me run for the bathroom. LOL Oh my gosh, now your doctor wants you to double the amount? Where the heck will you put it? LOL My gosh your Mother must be staying up nights trying to knit those baby things for you and your sister. My congrats to her as well for soon to be a double grandmother.

CJ-Where are you? Get in here and post RIGHT NOW! OR NO BUTTERSHOTS FOR YOU WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN!!!

Come on Judy, Carolyn and viola-COME ON BACK AND POST!

I am going to my WW meeting now. I hopefully lost some more weight. Will post again when I have a few.

Take care guys, see you later, Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 01-27-2003 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:22 AM   #26  
CJ

WELCOME! Desiree! We're glad to have you as a member of our group - like Sharon says, at the moment we are very small but very close ... We were a larger group at one time, but those of us that remain are like glue ... So "stick" with us kiddo - you'll like it here!

Dreamer: Glad to hear from you - glad to hear all is well - please try to post more often - we miss you when you don't. I know it's probably hard to do with being the busy mommy you are! I know - been there, done that! haha - nine times!

Slyvia: Hope you're feeling well ... still so happy about your great news!

Sharon: You can't threaten me with the buttershots cuz I'll just bring my own! -- hahahahaha I'll have to get with you on dates, but it looks like maybe the 2nd week of Feb we may be coming ... have to get our truck in for oil change and stuff before coming - and Dick is going to help our friend fix his steering on his truck just as soon as this cold spell breaks! But, we'll be there soon - cannot wait!!!!!!

Judy - Carolyn - Regency: hope all is well with all of you and hurry back and post! We miss you.

Well ... I'm going off line for a spell now - got a new computer desk yesterday and have to unhook everything and set it up .. gonna take a while. Got a nice winfall this weekend .. I won $1,090.00 on the new Winfall lottery (got 4 out of 6 numbers) and also won my girlfriends lottery game which is $1500.00 but I only won $750 cuz had to share with someone else (am not complaining - am happy camper)! So in one nite I won $1840.00!!!! How cool is that??!!

OK ... I'll check back later

Love, CJ
Old 01-27-2003, 08:26 PM   #27  

Hello Ladies!

Wow, this group is getting more popular! Yeehaaaww!! I knew people would come around!!

I made it to Curves today. Felt good to workout, I hadn't been in for about a month. They did manage to weigh and measure me. I lost 2 pounds from December 17th and 1 pound from my doctor appointment last Friday. I don't know, I think I'm going to stick to what my Doctor's scale says. I've been feeling good. Still not that hungry, just craving my kiwis and buckwheat pancakes. I'm trying so hard to get my veggies into my diet but they just taste bad. The only veggies I can handle are baby carrots and spinach(occasionally). Thank God for prenatal vitamins. I just want to be healthy for me and my baby. I am trying to find a water aerobics class that is close to me but haven't had any luck.

Sam- So nice to hear from you. Thank you for the good wishes. I am trying to stay active and healthy, not only for myself but for my baby. I don't know how much I'm going to gain but my doctor doesn't want me to gain more than 15 pounds. I have lost 8 pounds since I found out I was pregnant so now I don't know what to think. I'm just grateful that I don't have any morning sickness. I do appreciate you taking the time to congratulate me, I know your kids keep you quite busy. I do miss you posting!

CJ- Wow, you are one of "those" lucky people that always win $$$$. Send some luck over my way on Wednesday when I go and buy my lottery tickets!!

Sharon- I keep hearing about those "buttershots", what exactly are they? Yeah, my Mom is quite busy. Knitting is how she relaxes. She keeps trying to show me how ( I know how to make a scarf) to make little sweaters and pants but I just don't have the patience and neither does she. Oh well, I know all the stuff she's making is out of love and is worth more to me than anything I can buy.

Desiree- Welcome to our group! Like CJ and Sharon say, we are a small group but we stick like glue. These are some of the most wonderful ladies you will ever have the honor to "meet". Please continue to post, you will love it here!!

Well ladies, I'm off. Will post more tomorrow!

Sylvia
Old 01-28-2003, 02:11 AM   #28  

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am a feisty one, so watch out!

Quote:
Tell me about your son Ethan, how old is he ect. Your husband is Rol right? I like that name. Anything else you want to tell us too, do you work, any hobbies ect? I see you joined our 2003 New Years Challenge too, good for you!
Okay, a little about myself:

I am a 23 year old stay-at-home mom to Ethan, who was born 9-25-01. He is the joy of my life ... cheesy, but true. I married Robert on 12-27-01, but we have been together for 3 years this March/April.

Rob, Ethan and I all have red hair and blue eyes. Rob and I are the only ones in our immediate families to have red hair! How's that for strange!

I sell Tupperware on the side, but sales are pretty dead at the moment. Rob works for 7-Up and King Soopers. He is a salesman for 7-Up, and is a night stocker for Kings. The days off for him are funky, so we don't get a lot done ... let alone go out to do things together as a family. Mostly we just hang out at home or go out to eat.

I love to sing, and I want to join my church's choir so I can get back into it. I haven't sung in a choir since high school, and I really miss it. Other than that, I love to listen to Frank Sinatra music and wath old black and white films, especially the Brando movies. I looooooooove musicals, too. I co-mod a mommies forum online in my spare time.

I bought a scale tonight, and it confirmed that I, indeed, need to get this fat off of my body. I really hope that I can do this! My mom is joining me, too, but she will be doing the weight loss through a program with Kaiser Permanente ... and I'll be doing it with WW.

Anyway, good luck to all of you! I hope to learn more about you as I post away!
Old 01-29-2003, 01:07 AM   #29  

Hello ladies

I thought I would post something inspirational. I think I've posted it on here a couple of years ago but think it says it all!

Sylvia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~~ Connect To Your Goals ~~

Every action you take today will either move you closer to your chosen goal or farther away from it.
There's something you intend to achieve, and the way to achieve it is through action.
There is a very real connection between the things you do and the outcomes you experience.
Keep that in mind as you go through the day. Keep that in
mind as you decide how to spend your time. Keep that in mind as you control your own thoughts and actions.
Connect your goals to your actions and you will reach those goals.
Focus on the outcome of what you're doing, moment by moment. You can choose to just get through the day, or you can decide to make it count and to move yourself forward.
There is a road that runs from where you are right now to the
fulfillment of the goals you have chosen. As you go through this day, stay on that road.
Keep the connection strong. Take the actions which will move you ahead.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:08 AM   #30  

Here's another little something.....

A GOAL WILL LEAD YOU TO SUCCESS.
-----------------------------------------------
If you have correct goals,
and you keep pursuing them the best way you know how,
everything else will fall into line.
If you do the right thing right, you're going to succeed.

You are what and where you are today
because you first imagined it.
Knowing where you want to go is all you need to get there.
Just return over and over to that picture in your mind
of the place you are headed for.

The first essential ingredient of success is to know what you want.
Closed Thread