Worldlies Jitterbug through June

You're on Page 8 of 16
Go to
  • Good Morning Chicklets....today is my Friday...leaving for St. Louis tomorrow...sissy and I are going out for Dominic's 1st birthday party...I can hardly wait to see him and Olivia for that matter.

SHADDIE....I think this is the first time I can remember that you have had a melt down...and for good reason...I heard on the news this morning that Al Capone's hand gun is for sale for $114,000.00, maybe we worldlies should pool together and purchase it for you.....hugs to you my sweet sista and sending positive vibes and Chelle's great endorphins...xoxo Sorry Chelle need to borrow your endorphins for SHADDIE.

Laura...I think this is just the busy time of year for all of us Worldlie Girlies. Hope your afternoon went smoothly....

Not much going on here today, got a couple of groups to process, that should take up the best part of the day. Going to Old Navy with sissy today to get Dominic's BD present. Well she is, I already have a gift for him. Black swim trunks with orange flames on them, a swim vest, and a "Cars" Movie beach towel. Since Grandma BF has a built in pool, it just seemed appropriate.

Gotta get busy, I will try to post tomorrow morning before leaving for St. L. Then won't be back til Monday.

Loves and Hugs....Get wells to MELLIE
  • Hi ladies -

Sheesh, sounds many of us are having pretty bad work weeks. Mine is going okay...but it sure has felt like a long week even though I was off on Monday. Probably because I've been spending hours and hours in front of computers for nearly two full weeks. More website work this weekend, but since my back and legs have been making it painfully clear that they don't like sitting for hours on end, I'm going to take more frequent stretching breaks when I'm working (both at the office and at home).

I had to skip water aerobics last night. My physical therapist worked me out SO hard at PT during my lunch hour. In fact, I'm glad I had shorts and a t-shirt for PT because I worked up a sweat. I learned lots of good exercises at PT, and had a whole bunch of sore and tight muscles by the time I got home from work so I stayed home and stretched out. Tonight is Ball Zumba.

Shad - I'm so very sorry that you had such a rotten day! I hope the systems are behaving themselves today. Bravo for using your ingenuity to get you through. Did you go for a walk/run after work?

Annie - Don't know about you, but we're going to have rain off and on for the next several days...and the ground is already pretty wet. Makes it difficult to figure out when I can cut the grass. Glad you had a nice cookout with David. So nice that you and Sam are going to St. Louis for Dominic's birthday! You got him some great presents!! Safe travels to you my friend.

Laura - How was round 3 of retirement planning? Are you learning tips that you can share with us? I hope the software demo goes better today. Glad you enjoyed the movie!

Ceejay - How are you doing? Are you going to Paragould this weekend?

Ellen - Are the kids helping you sort through their clothes and closets?

Happy - Between work and packing, I hope you're able to make time to enjoy your mom's visit. I hope everything is going well.

Mel - Sending you lots of healing hugs.

Gotta get get for now...later gators!

Love and hugs,
  • Morning all. Today's my Friday. Whoo!!! Been a busy week, and so no personals again today. Have another software "2nd time around" demo this aft - 3 hours. And where did the morning go? Oy.

Last night was the "Step Above" step class. I have to get up to speed on the choreography, but I really liked it - kept me thinking throughout, trying to follow the routines. I really worked up a sweat (course it was already mega-muggy yesterday to begin with), and I wasn't really using my arms to the extent I like to (too busy trying to keep my feet doing the right thing).

Tomorrow is an early allergist appointment - just a follow up. I have some contact lenses to pick up from my eye doc and since I'll already be a bit closer, I want to pick those up afterwards...but I think I'll be too early, since the allergist appt is 7:20, prolly won't go very long. Eye doc opens at 9:30?? Dang. Big gap. Find something to do in between, or just pick up the lenses another time? And at 11:00 I'm finally using my Christmas gift cert for a foot massage!! Should be nice. Nothing else planned for the day.

Okay, gotta run, things to do. I responded to the latest PM.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Hi, just peeking in. Really. Just for a sec. I will TRULY enjoy once I don't have this thing called a job and work and packing and all other things taking away from my fun time

Shad - I'm sorry you had such a beastly time with the training. I know how you take alot of pride in training even if everyone trips you up and tries to mess with you up to the point you open your mouth. Sounds like the blokes were good natured and flexible.

Annie - safe travels. Enjoy the weekend.

Laura - nice that you have a 3 day weekend too. Get your chores done early and do fun stuff in the afternoon.

Michelle - you are so kind. I would have been YELLING over the creep in PT that made me so sore and instead, you find a way to be cheerful about it You are a much better person than me Good for you for pushing.

Hi's to Ceejay and Ellen. Wish I could stay longer but I have to prep for a meeting. I wish I could crawl under my desk and take a nap but they frown on that sort of thing here.
  • A quick post to wish Annie and Laura fantastic 3 day weekends!!

Laura - I know your day off is filled with errands/appointments, but enjoy your foot massage. Bravo on doing the "Step Above" class!

Annie - Please take photos of D & O so that we can see how much they've grown. Safe travels!
  • Happy - You sneaker inner!! We all know you're super busy and we appreciate your checking in on us when you can. to you my friend, and an extra for your mom. My PT's job is to help me get in shape - to help me strengthen my back and core - and that's just what she did. So I'm glad. And I didn't feel the least bit guilty about missing my workout last night...because she gave me a great workout. Even though my progress is MUCH, MUCH slower than I'd like and I still have to use the cane and walker occasionally, I have improved SUBSTANTIALLY from where I couldn't walk without a cane and where I couldn't climb a flight of stairs. I wish I could take a nap too...I've been really sleepy lately. I hope the meeting goes well and isn't boring so you don't nod off.
  • Not sure who asked but I do have plans to go to Paragould this week end. It's time formy uncles get together for lunch. They really enjoy that as do I.
    We had another thunderstorm to roll through this afternoon. It cooled us down for a bit.
    I want to work outside tomorrow morning before it gets to hot.

Shad
    I know you will come up the winner on this project. Hang in there. The company should have provided you with that information.

Happy
    Is your mom helping you with the packing and sorting stuff?

Michelle
    I'm glad that you are improving on a daily basis. I was swondering if the PT was working you out enough that you could count it as exercise.

Laura
    Enjoy your extra day off. I really like my 3 day's off but love my 4 day's off.
    Those 12 hours get to me at times.
  • Good morning ladies,

It's really dark outside today. Huge storms to the east of us, we're dry but getting some rumblings. Looks like it could downpour any minute but it won't. Until I step out the door that is. I would have loved some extra sleep this morning.

I was planning on hitting the packing hard tomorrow. A friend took ill and was hinting around that she'd love to see me and Mom this weekend. I am trying to figure out how to squeeze that in. I feel bad for her but I didn't get much done at all after work this week and have to get my act together.

The house across the street and 2 doors away went up for sale. It's a very old couple with a house that is too big and I'm sure too much work for them. Their lawn is nothing but a weed patch and dry dirt - not even sure their is any grass on it. Just around the corner another house is for sale and across from that one too. So the good news is there might be alot of people looking. Of course, I think our house is the best of them all. The house prices are starting a bit lower than I'd like them too but we are prepared for that.

Ceejay and Annie - I hope you both have good travels this weekend and that you stay ahead of the rain and storms we seem to be stuck in. Kiss the babies Annie but don't smother them Have a good lunch with the uncles Ceejay.

Are you enjoying that 3 day weekend Laura? Sounds like you have some built in relaxing time.

Michelle - I'm glad they got all your sticky parts stretched out at PT. Did that procedure / nerve block you had not really do much for you? Glad to hear you are Zumba'ing again. I know that makes you happy.

Shad - would love to see a pic of your training room. Probably looks like an old time refrigerator magnet I have that I dearly love. I'll bet you look like a sepia colored picture of the 1890's mining camps.

Love and hugs to you Mel

Same to you Ellen

Well I'd better get dressed and out of here so I can get this day over with. Have a good one!
  • Happy Friday ladies -

I'm glad to be working from home today as I can take short breaks to start a load of wash, and tidy up...and hopefully the grass will be dry enough from the overnight dew for me to mow it at lunch time. I have a meeting with a website client from 4 'till 6:30, then back home by 7 to be online for work for report implementations. It's going to be a long day. This weekend, I'm hoping to do website work on Saturday and Sunday morning. I also have to go clothes shopping as it would be nice to have more than 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of jeans shorts that fit. Sunday afternoon is Fiddler on the Roof and I can't wait!!

My niece from Southern CA just called me last night and she's coming out to Milwaukee for work. She'll be working from June 27 through 30, and she asked if we'd want her to come visit us next weekend and the weekend of July 1-3. DUH! Of course we do! It'll be cozy since DMIL is in the guest room, but DN has slept on the living room couch before and says it's really comfortable. I'm really looking forward to her visit. Of course that means I have to get A LOT accomplished this weekend and after work this week...housecleaning, website work. DH will be busy working in the yard tomorrow (weather permitting) and he has to work on Sunday. I was starting to feel bad that we may not be able to do much fun stuff on Saturday with DMIL, but then I realized that Sunday will be a busy day with the musical and all...so maybe a relaxing day wouldn't be a bad thing for her.

HAPPY - It does seem that the nerve block procedure didn't really help. But when I remember back to when I got it (end of December)...after the initial 3 weeks, I felt GREAT! FABULOUS even! I felt like I could do so much and I was really coming along with my rehab. Then being laid up for a month with acute bronchitis set me back to square one. The nerves that were blocked remained blocked...but my other muscles, especially quads, hamstrings and hip flexors really atrophied and "shortened"/tightened with me being in bed so much. The last time I was at the doc, they said I could consider another nerve block (sort of a booster shot) in June or July, and I am considering it. I'm so very happy that I can see how well I am progressing. I'm doing Zumba again, and working up a sweat! I have exercise DVDs and the Wii Fit that I might even be able to use now (or soon). I have an appt with my doc on Monday and I'll discuss with him options and next steps.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like you're going to have a jam packed weekend too. I'll be sending you as much energy as I can spare and thoughts to keep PACKING, PACKING, PACKING.

CEEJAY - So nice that you're going to Paragould this weekend! Safe travels! It's wonderful that you have so much family close by. That's why I like it when DMIL (and DN) come to visit. And I also enjoy visiting DH's aunt, uncle and cousins. I only have 2 living aunts. One of whom is married to my 1 living uncle, and I would love to live closer to them (in San Diego) so that I could see them (and my cousins) more often. If money were no object, DH and I might move back to CA (or at least go back more often for visits). But it is...and there are so many aspects that we truly love about living in a small town in WI. Thanks for asking about my PT. My PT is definitely working me out enough so that I could count it as exercise, and I've got the yucky sweaty t-shirts to prove it! LOL I'm sure this week will be a more intense workout since it's after work and I don't have to freshen up before meetings. My PT has said that if I need to skip the gym on the day of PT, that's okay as long as I stretch. Or I can do one class. Once I was going to do two classes after PT, and he put the kabosh on that right away. I won't be able to get to the gym today, but I will take breaks during the work day to stretch. I'm learning that if I sit for more tha 90 minutes straight, it leads to very tight hip flexors.

ANNIE - I'm sure you're having a great time your friends and all the little ones...too bad you can't stay longer. Drive safely. If you get tired, stop at Starbucks for a pick me up!

LAURA - Have a wonderful 3 day weekend!

Lots of love and hugs to all,
  • Been out side doing some much needed yard work afternoon the storms this week. It felt good to be in the sunshine too. My hands and elbows got a good work out because I also pruned some pine tree's whose limbs were hanging really low.

This will be short and sweet because I've procrastinated long enough. I need to iron some clothes.

More later
  • Hi everyone -

I just sent an PM to y'all that contains information from Jen as to how Mel is doing.

Ceejay - on getting so much yard work done. I hope you got your clothes ironed.

For me, the day starts with website work, then going shopping at Kohl's, then mowing the back lawn, then back to website work.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Love and hugs to all,
  • Good morning ladies,

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I hope I can pack as much as possible into it.

Michelle - thank you for the update on Mel. It really makes me grateful for my health compared to what some people have to endure. I'm sure she will love your videos, thanks for sending some. Sounds like you have a very busy weekend too - don't over exhert yourself!

Annie and Ceejay - hope you have fun on your roadtrips.

Laura - enjoy that long weekend.

Ellen - don't get buried under the wash

Joy - I hope you get a restful break over the weekend and don't have to spend it travelling and setting up for the next round of training.

Ok, back to work for me. Have a good one ladies
  • Hello ladies. Sorry I have been MIA this week. Having my younger brothers and sister and my mom's dog put me over the top. I just shut down for a few days. Everything was just so overwhelming. Will try to catch up on posts this weekend and do personals as soon as I can.

We had 2 birthdays this week. DS turned 11 on Monday and DD2 turned 8 on thursday. (my brother's b-day is tomorrow) so I am a little caked out. I ate too much everything. I really need to learn a different coping system...can't just keep feeding the problems.

DH's band is playing tonight in Crest hill, getting out early enough at work to go tonight and I start late enough to stay till the end. IT's party time!! Hopefully I can stay awke, been slow at work and I am having throuble waking up...keep yawning I think my co-workers may kill me!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Luv and Hugs!!

• ANNIE...SO SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY :bd:
    HOPE IT WAS A GREAT ONE!! SOMEHOW I HAVE LOST YOUR EMAIL AND ALSO YOUR HOME ADDRESS!!!

WHILE JEN IS AWAY MELLIE WILL PLAY...JUST FOR A FEW SECONDS.
    I WANTED TO SAY HELLO TO MY FRIENDS BY MYSELF AND FOR MYSELF FOR A CHANGE!!!

I REALLY CAN'T TYPE WITHOUT PAIN SO IT WON'T BE A LONG POST.
    I SPEND THE DAY PRETENDING THAT NOTHING IS WRONG.
    KEEP TELLING MYSELF THAT THIS TOO SHALL PASS. THOUGHT IF I IGNORED THE PAIN THAT IT WOULD WORK....WRONG!! WELL I TRIED!

HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE DOING OK. I'M GOING TO TRY AND READ THE MONTH OF JUNE THIS WEEK AND SIT QUIETLY HERE.

THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS AND WISHES.

TODAY IS MOVIE/BOOK DAY AND I HAVE LOADS TO PICK FROM OR LISTEN TOO!! THANK YOU AGAIN

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND I MISS YOU ALL.
  • Morning all.

Mel - You know I miss you bunches, but pain is a sign you shouldn't ignore!!! Follow the doc's orders and get your rest so your recovery will come more quickly.

Ellen - Wow, a lot going on! I suppose going to your paying job could be a rest of sorts?? Hope you enjoyed seeing dh's band play last night.

Happy - Nice that you & your mom found her shower caps!! Hope you're having a productive weekend. Yeh, probably a good thing to have houses being shown in your area, especially when yours will be comparing so favorably after all the work you and dh are putting in! You're so right - we have a lot to be grateful for, especially our health.

Annie - Hope you're having a great weekend in St. Louis. Happy b-day to little D.

Shad - Are you in Mackay now or have you moved on from there? Sounds like you were treated well in the coal mine location - let that continue! Hope you don't have another training that gets close to or beats the "worst ever" one you had last week!!!

Michelle - Thanks for passing along that pm from Jen re Mel. Sounds like you are having an ultra-busy weekend. Nice you'll have a visit from your niece to look forward to. How was Fiddler?? Remember seeing that in a HS theater production.

Ceejay - Did you get to Paragould this weekend? Hope you enjoyed lunch w/ your uncles. I haven't done any yardwork so far, and it's not likely to happen today either.

Nothing much to report. Friday was a gorgeous day for weather, so I enjoyed being out and about. I went to my allergist appt - all is well re allergies and asthma, so it was quick. Went back home and puttered around a bit before going to my massage.

It was definitely not a traditional massage - there were sofa height "tables" - more like flattened recliners in which the backs were mostly down for the whole massage - comfy. While I thought most of it would be a foot massage, that was only about 1/3 to 1/4 of it, and there was also scalp, neck, arms, legs, shoulder, back - all fully clothed. I didn't care for the short time spent on my face - I've never liked having my facial skin stretched and pulled - it's going to wrinkle and sag without any help from a masseuse! It was also strange because it wasn't private - there were about 6 (maybe more) stations in one room, so I didn't feel like I could speak up. I enjoyed most of the experience, but I prefer a traditional massage.

Afterwards was a stop at the Lands End outlet, but I only found a t-shirt and that was it, and then bf & I hit Costco for gas and then inside for a giant container of Montreal Steak seasoning, which bf loves. Later was lunch w/ bf at a casual restaurant with a nice outdoor eating area to enjoy being outside and people-watching. Dog walk later by the creek.

Yesterday I went to the eye doc to pick up my contacts. Afterwards I stopped at the dollar store for a few things. I washed the bathroom walls & ceiling during which bf decided he needed a shower in there, so I was a dripping sweaty mess after that. But the walls needed it - they have a glazed fiish and the dust seems to cling much more than with a regular paint finish. It actually feels brighter in there!

I did half-a$$ job of vacuuming the 3-season room (we still haven't bought a new stick vac, so I was using the big vac's hose attachments and it was so awkward!!), after which I rearranged the loveseat & table. I like the change. Bf's mother is coming over later today for dinner, so I'll have to finish cleaning that room today. A load of laundry got done. While I was still grimey, we took a dog walk, then a nice refreshing shower, then a salad at Potbelly's. Grocery shopping after that. Okay, I've been feeling lazy, but I guess we did get some stuff done yesterday...

This morning I finally made the cheesecake for bf's mom. I didn't hear the timer go off, so I hope it isn't overbaked! It still had some movement when I took it out of the oven.

Well, that's about it. Better get to tidying up the place for our dinner w/ bf's mum. Bf's grilling pork chops and a side (potatoes, peppers & onions in a foil packet w/ italian dressing), so there's not much else to do besides make some iced tea and a salad.

TTYL!