Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 02:13 AM   #46  
walkin'the dogs

S/C/G: 231/ 173/ 140

Height: 5ft 7"

since i started my diet in March, this is more or less what ive being doing /ESE or at least 19hr one (& its working!)without even meaning too.
Its def helped me, especailly the24hr fasts.

So i may start doing it more "structured" & planning my week out . It does fit in with my life style really well & "snacking" is def my downfall, so stopping this is def what works for me.

So today i havent eaten anything yet, & wont be home until after 7pm tonight , so am going to plan for a 24hr /ESE.

Friday im working late so will prob do a 19 hour, so i can have late lunch on the move, Followed by another 24hr/ese on sat, which will fit in PERFECTLY with my plans, followed by normal low cal/low carb day on sunday.

i "know" im just starting a stall -just as ive hit 199 ( Damn!!!!i knew it! lol) so we will see if this gets me through it faster!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 179/173.6/140

Height: 5ft 5"

Four hours to go, and I am doing fine...no hunger pangs at all. Just starting today with a lemon infused cup of hot water. Might extend it to 20hrs (maybe even 24, if I'm not hypo-ing all over the show!).

Will drop by again this afternoon!x
Old 05-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #48  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Hi Guys! This is something I am 100% interested in after reading comments, it sounds perfect for me! There isnt much i can find online on the topic though (unless its for body building), so could someone tell me what kind of results/weight loss i should expect to see if i do a 6 hour window every day (2pm - 8pm) but still restricted in calories (1400) and 40 mins of cardio 4 times a week? How long will it take to adjust to this?

Could some of you share your IF routines and your weight loss results over what time?

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 211/211/115

Height: 5'4"

Grace, I've only just started, but in reading over the last thread, I think it's different for everyone. I'm sure several others will reply

I got a lot of information from the Fast-5 site ( http://www.fast-5.com/ ) - this is day 3 for me. I'm not counting calories or carbs, but I am making an effort to eat less carbs, because I tend to go through binges on carbs. I'm on day 3 and I'm down 3 lbs. My first window was 11-7; yesterday it was 12-6. I only had two meals and they were big... a huge gap between them. What I like is that I can eat until I'm just no longer hungry and I feel full and satisfied. My meals are a mix of protien carb and fat.. pretty high fat, actually- I feel best when I keep ratios around the same for everything)

Monique.. I like your attitude I've had to give up morning breakfast with my 11 year old. He's taking it a little harder than I am and still tries to give me muffins or cereal. (I still sit with him, it just bugs him to bits that I won't eat!)

Last edited by ohmai; 05-05-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: It's early and I tried to spell.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #50  
Grace

Wow thanks for the info ohmai, you are doing really well with 3lbs! What I am liking about it is that compared to a standard diet, it seems more of a lifestyle change that i could actually do!

Today is my first day and my lunch was at 2pm (which i never thought i would be able to do!) but i feel strangely sick now after my very healthy chicken sandwich!

Hopefully this is my key to the end of a very vicious cycle with food, will keep you posted!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 195/185/150?

Height: 5'6

Glad to see this new thread...I'm subscribing.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:15 AM   #52  

Managed to do the full 24hrs...although cheated a little at the 22hr mark with a sugary tea (1 sugar, no milk) as I was feeling a little faint.

It's really helped so far, as I am making really healthy choices today, not craving junk as I normally do.

Will do another tomorrow...intrigued to find out how my weight is responding on Monday!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #53  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceAWalker View Post
Wow thanks for the info ohmai, you are doing really well with 3lbs! What I am liking about it is that compared to a standard diet, it seems more of a lifestyle change that i could actually do!

Today is my first day and my lunch was at 2pm (which i never thought i would be able to do!) but i feel strangely sick now after my very healthy chicken sandwich!

Hopefully this is my key to the end of a very vicious cycle with food, will keep you posted!
It sure has ended my vicious cycle... while I don't feel sick after my first meal, I get full so quickly! I wish I had found IF years ago. After a few months, I've noticed that my appetite has really changed. I don't crave junk as much, feel satisfied on less, and even <gasp> sometimes have to remind myself to eat more!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #54  

Hi everyone I just joined but really like doing IF i have been doing it off and on since high school not really meaning to though and just found out about it a year or so ago the only thing is it can be hard to stick to when you have 3 kids and a husband who don't do it lol so having other people that do would be nice
Old 05-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #55  
Grace

Im on day 2 with a 2pm-8pm eating window and although i am sick and cant tell if thats affecting my appetite (it doesnt usually), i have found in the past that eating cereal at 9am leaves me munchy and hungry from that point on all day, but eating (healthily) at 2pm has left me wanting more food at about 5.30pm and then not again all night so it has completley reduced my food cravings! The scales will only be able to tell once im fit enough to start cardio in the mornings again!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #56  
walkin'the dogs

S/C/G: 231/ 173/ 140

Height: 5ft 7"

i KNOW i was beginning to plateau at 199.....did a IF yesterday & 196 today!!!!

I couldnt manage it (a 12 hour ) today so have just done low cal.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #57  

S/C/G: H228/S225/C219/G150

Height: 5'6"

Hey all. Checking in. Not IFing on my days off but when Sunday arrives, I'll be back at it. So glad to see others join in.

Monique
Old 05-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I was pretty bad today. I caved in around 10:30 and ate poorly all day!! Tomorrow I plan to get back on track!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #59  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Just wanted to check in. I've been going with a window from 12-8 the last few days, yesterday I made it to 1:30. I'm doing okay in that way, not too hungry or tired during the fasting period but when I do start to eat, I get full quickly and I'm having a tough time getting my calories in. I am keeping them pretty low for this week anyway but I just don't feel like eating as much. I also get tired after I eat, maybe the low calories and low carbs has something to do with it, I don't know. Anyway still hanging in there, I hope the energy levels go up and I get more used to it as time goes on. One really good thing is that because of the lower carbs I'm craving healthy foods instead of sweets! I did have one bad day of cravings but it's over Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #60  

Oh No!!! Dreading weighing myself tomorrow...too much wine last night and been grazing on rubbish all today
Closed Thread