Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 10:42 AM   #16  

Hello friends! Nice to be back with this group again. Ann, welcome! I will be thinking good thoughts that this pregnancy will go well for you. When my hormone levels were low, my doctor put me on a prescription for progesterone. Is that something your doctor might consider?

Jeanne -- Hang in there girl! Any day now and you will be back here posting your labor and deliver story, telling all of us about your wonderful new bundle of joy!

I am happy to report that I am feeling MUCH better. I can't even begin to say how much better! I still have an occassional wave of nausea, but nothing like before! I am feeling like a human being again! I've also been able to quit taking the phenergen, which is a huge relief. That was nasty stuff.

Bad news to that is, I have been eating like CRAZY! I think a little is okay since I'm making up for all the weight I lost, but I know I need to get under control, or my weight gain is going to be way too much. I have two goals for this weekend: one plan a whole week of meals and shop accordingly, and two start journaling again.

I've started my prenatal water aerobics class and I just LOVE it! It's twice a week for an hour, but I wish it were every day!

Blessings,
Sara
EDD 9/08

P.S. I took the plunge and got out the maternity clothes this weekend. It feels really weird to be wearing them again -- like I really AM pregnant!
Old 03-10-2001, 12:15 PM   #17  

Hello to all the moms-to-be! Isn't the new format great?

Ann - What wonderful news! I'm glad you're back with us. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Jen - Hope you are feeling better by this time.

Jeanne - Hang in there! You will be holding that baby before you know it.

Sara - I am glad you are feeling better.

The snow here in the northeast has put a damper on things. I am hoping the warmer temps will make all of this white stuff disappear. I am really looking forward to Spring!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-11-2001, 12:42 PM   #18  

I just wanted to drop a quick note to update everyone. This HCG level thing was really bothering me and as much as I tried to just relax and 'put trust out there' as I said before, I couldn't ignore that fact that modern technology (blood test) would confirm if things were progressing ok. So I had the test done on Friday. Thankfully, my level went from 32 to 67. I was so please. We're taking off on vacation tomorrow so I won't be posting for a week or so.

Take care all,
Ann
Old 03-12-2001, 09:45 AM   #19  

Hi everyone- and WELCOME new moms!
I have been trying to log in for-ever and was unsuccessful until today!
My exercise videos are wonderful! I did Buns of Steel (for pregnancy) and I was so sore yesterday. OMG! But it was fun. I only recommend this video if you are coodinated and can eventually figure out the moves. Although it is a good video, I have to say that the filming of it wasn't the best-as they tend to look at the women instead of showing you the moves. So you have to listen to what the instructor is saying and try to follow. Fortunately for me, I am pretty coodinated. If you are not, it would be very frustrating.
I tried "The Crunch's Yoga Mama" but by kids were home, and in all honesty to do yoga, you need a quiet atmosphere so you can concentrate. SO I stopped after the first 10 minutes. It looks really good, and I'll probably fit it in today.
The other video I bought is Kathy Smith's Pregnancy aerobics which I always have loved. I did it with my 2 other children. She makes it very easy to follow.

Amazon.com sells them for really good prices.

I went to the doc last week, and everything looks good. We tried to hear the baby on the doppler, but no luck! She said my scar form the c-section makes it harder to hear. Next time!

I'm not feeling so great yesterday and today. My stomach is really yucky, and I think I picked up a virus. I am so paranoid about foodborne illness. The other night we went out to dinner and I ordered a Greek salad. They had tons of feta chees all over! As soon as I saw it, I realized that I made a mistake in ordering it. I ate a small amount of the cheese anyway, but ended up feeling guilty about it. I also like to get deli meat. Vienna corned beef is on sale cause of St. Paddy's Day, and I ate some of that too. Then I feel yucky, and I start to feel really paranoid about it. My son felt sick too yesterday, so it has to be a bug. Funny, I feel so much more vulnerable this time. I am in good health, but I still have this vulnerability about myself.

Well, I guess I should stop. I feel a little tired. Maybe I need a morning nap.

Hope everyone is great!

blessings and bellyrubs,
Scully and Bellybean
Old 03-13-2001, 11:26 AM   #20  

Hello, pg friends! I hope everyone is feeling well, that colds and yuckie tummies are starting to get better.

I am still feeling somewhat sick...ugh...although it's WAY better than it was. Last night I was so sick and had to break down and take a pill again. *Sigh* I am hoping that in another week or two this m/s will be gone for good! At least it is better than it was.

I am getting SO anxious to feel this baby move! It should be any day now. It was right around this time that I felt my second.

Have any or all of you read the book, THE GIRLFRIEND'S GUIDE TO PREGNANCY by Vickie Iovine?! I am in the middle of re-reading it and it is the BEST advice/support book out there. I'm telling you, it's hilarious! Just picking it up and reading a few pages really lifts my spirits.

Blessings,
Sara
9/08

P.S. Jeanne, hang in there girl! How are you feeling?
Old 01-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #21  

Default Feeling really yucky

I am 6 wks pg and I have a terrible cold. Is there anything I can take this early? I had a miscarriage back in April so I'm real nervous about taking anything OTC. Maybe some home remedies?
Closed Thread