3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   No More Ifs, Ands, or Butts #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/2283-no-more-ifs-ands-butts-3-a.html)

Cindi 02-15-2001 06:15 PM

Good morning, Did everyone survive the chocolate frenzy day? I had 2 pieces of my box of chocs. not too bad. We all have our own box, my kids choc. is gone my husbands has 2 layers 1 layer is already gone! Mine has 1 layer and I hid mine! I'm really wanting to get a grip on the "moderation" thing, using this box to practice it. I've been doing my bike in the morning before work. I found that its best that I get it out of the way first thing. Have a good day!!! :) Cindi

Phoebe 02-15-2001 08:37 PM

Hi everyone!

Cindi, well done on the moderation thing. I think that is such an important issue for me. I just can't buy biscuits or sweets because I know that I absolutely cannot eat just one or two. As soon as I put them away, the rest of the packet calls my name until I cave in and eat the whole lot in one go! So well done on resisting the temptation.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. The sun has been shining over here for 3 days in a row, amazing :) I hope it lasts, everything feels so much better with some sunshine around.

Phoebe :)

cat90 02-15-2001 10:29 PM

hi girls...OP for 3rd day and i treated myself to a mini kit-kat for my VD treat..i have tons of junk food in the house and i am usually able to eat it in moderation so i am doing well in that department...cindi that is a big step if you can resist the chocs..
phoebe i'm sometimes a little like you..there is a packet of Mc'vities chocolate digestive's in the cupboard..opened..my husband has been eating them..but yesterday lunchtime i almost reached for the packet to eat some with my cup of tea..if i had.. i know i would have dunked the lot in my tea and blown it for the day so i said NO..i was really pleased with myself for doing that...i can't believe you have had the sun shining for 3 days in a row..everytime i speak to someone over there they are sick to death of the rain http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif you're right everything does seem so much better when the sun is shining..have a nice day...cathy.

thenewme 02-16-2001 09:56 AM

Well gang, I throwing in the towel on my so call diet. Instead I'm going to drink my water and excerise and watch what I eat. And no more worring about a diet. I may lose only a pound a month, but at least I won't be gaining. This daily worrying about what I'm eating is really getting to me. So out the door on diets and in comes a new way of living. And I will be a lot happier. I think the scales are going out the door also. I'm not giving up I'm just giving up on the dieting part.

It's raining here, has been for the last couple of days. Infact a ice storm is suppose to be going through tonight. I hope it misses us. In three days we've had two of our automobiles in the shop. My husbands truck for the steering and our old van for king pins what ever that is. Something had to do with the wheels. My son is driving my little van. So I've been stuck at home.
I'm waiting impatiently waiting for summer. never did like winter very much. If it snow it should only snow on the grass and stay off the roads and concrete.

Well I'm through griping for now.
So until later Sandy

Cindi 02-16-2001 05:56 PM

Good morning ~ Sandy the whole losing weight thing is a daily battle for sure, but being critical on yourself day in and day out will take its toll. I think you said alot when you said the "diet" is over instead I'm "changing" the way I approach losing. I think your going to be pleasantly surprised! It's like have you ever heard about the couples trying to get pregnant for years with no luck, then when they quit "trying" they get pregnant. I think it's the same thing. Well today was a tylenol for breakfast day! I fell out of bed last night, onto my right side! I have had something not right on that side for the last 3 mos. it feels & looks like something is in there. I went to the doc. this past Tues. (the day I ate the solid choc. santa) imagine why! Anyways I'm going for an ultrasound at the end of the month. If its scar tissue they won't see anything, if its something else it will show up. Either way it will probably mean surgery for me, which litterally makes my skin crawl!!!! I had 3 surgeries last year and I want soooo bad just to have a fun summer! Well I won't be exercising today! Actually don't know how I'm gonna be able to work! Hoping tylenol works really good! I'd call in if it wasn't pay day! Have a good day, Cindi

cat90 02-16-2001 08:35 PM

morning girls...i'm on here early for me..almost 6.30am..it will make it a long day..maybe i will get the painting done that i should have done yesterday instead of sitting in front of the pooter for hours http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
Sandy i hope this does'nt mean you will stop posting!! i would love to hear from you even if it is just to tell us how your day is going and if your hubby has gotten any more tickets.. ;)
Phoebe i caved yesterday..those darn biscuits got the better of me..drat..anyway they have gone now..hopefully be back on track today.
Cindi so sorry to hear that you hurt your hip..hope the tylenol helps.

cya later, cathy.

Phoebe 02-16-2001 10:15 PM

Hello everyone, its Friday!!!

Cindi, ouch, I hope you feel better soon.

Those biscuits would have got me for sure Cathy, as sure as the sun rises in the morning!! Thats why I just avoid having anything like that in the house. Unless of course I'm feeling sad, emotional, tired, stressed ...... !!

Sandy, I hope you will continue to post too. I try not to think of it as being on a diet and I never tell other people that I am dieting. I just tell them that I am trying to eat healthily. Seems to be working because I lost 4 pounds this week!

Well just a quick post from me as its late Friday afternoon and I am about to go home from work!!

Take care all,

cat90 02-16-2001 10:53 PM

Whooo! phoebe..you go girl..wait till your boyfriend see's you...is it the 20 something of feb that you see him? or have you already seen him? anyways..lets hope he's not like my hubby who can't see the nose in front of his face http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
have a great weekend everyone...cathy

thenewme 02-17-2001 08:57 AM

Hey you can't get rid of me that easy. I'm still going to post. Just change my way of looking at things. Went to the library today and checked out two books. one Make the Connection by Oprah and Bob Greene and BodyFlex (my daughter wanted that one). Well tried the breathing and got dizzy. And after reading a little in Oprahs book, I realize I haven't been putting a lot into my walking. I'm just not going to beat myself up over the scales. It does set my mood for the day, on what the scales say in the morning. Need to really get away from the scales.

Phoebe congrats on the weigh loss. Doesn't that make you feel good?

So you guys have to put up with me, I'm in this for the long haul. Unless you move and not tell me where you moved to. Well got to go for now, have been running around all day long. And I need to go to bed. So until later. Sandy

[This message has been edited by thenewme (edited 02-16-2001).]

Cindi 02-17-2001 06:21 PM

Good morning! A CHEER ~~~~ Way to go Phoebe Wat to go!! Ra Ra! It sounds better here, just gotta get the right beat :) My side has since recuperated, so exercising today. My husband gave me a real surprise last night!! It seems as though we are Florida bound this Spring. He knows how I am about flying and boy was he prepared! My first argument was $ so he showed me how he worked it out, then I went for the but I , but I, but I AM SCARED ! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//nervous.gif I told him when its time to get on the plane to either go there or come home & its raining/storming he WILL NOT be able to get me on there! I said what are you going to do get mad, that WILL NOT get me on there! His response hopefully we'll have nice flying weather DUH!! The anxiety over this is overwehlming. I feel like I am really stuck between a rock and a hard place. Petrified/Excited. Not to mention it is time to do some serious weight loss. I have a video buns of steele,abs of steele but nothing for NERVES of steele! My nerves are just plain shot for a few reasons but this certainly tops the list. I gave my kids the rest of my choc. last night. I went to get a piece & I could just feel the pig out coming on! I was just freaking over the surprise. Okay so for now I have to brain wash myself into facing the reality, overlook the fear and DEFFINITELY LOSE WEIGHT!!! so with that in mind its exercise time... Cindi

cat90 02-17-2001 10:26 PM

hi girls..hey sandy glad to hear you're not deserting us..we need all the motivation we can get :) i think you're right to carry on what you are doing and not get stressed over those darn (i can't say what i want to.. i will get censored but it begins with d and end with m) scales..you have lost weight..you know that for a fact from the doctor's report so you stick with it..you will get there in the end!!
Cindi i can relate to the flying nightmare..i'm not so much scared of flying but i have anxiety\panic attacks and i hate being couped up on a plane..i want to go home to england this year but the thought of 3 flights really puts me off...i have about a 50min flight of the island..then its 8.5-9hrs flight to england..then another 50 mins to our destination..with waiting for connections and everything you are traveling for almost a full day..i hate it...i will just have to keep telling myself that it is worth it to be with family...XXX fingers crossed i can do it...i was so excited yesterday i had a phone call from my brother who i have not seen for 3yrs...he is thinking of coming to visit me..but..he hates flying too http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif i was so psyched i forgot all about food and was hopping around all day long..funny is'nt it??..how a mood can affect if you eat or not..i feel like i am on cloud nine today..hope this feeling sticks around..cya later...cathy.

cat90 02-19-2001 07:49 AM

Hellooooo????? where are you??? hmmm..too busy to post are you? well..so far sunday has gone pretty well..i hope you have all had a good week-end..will see you tomorrow..cathy.

Phoebe 02-19-2001 03:10 PM

Good morning everyone!

The sun is still shining in England!! It must be a record, the weather at the weekend was great.

Wow, Cindi, Florida!! That's fantastic, what an amazing treat to look forward to. I can sympathise on the flying thing too, I'm not so scared that it will put me off going somewhere nice but I definitely don't enjoy it. I heard a quote from Joan Collins yesterday that "happiness is the plane touching down on the runway". I'm off to California in July, definitely not looking forward to a 12 hour flight.

I see bf again this Saturday, the 24th. Yay!!

Well I didn't drink enough water this weekend so am determined to drink plenty today. Does anyone else find it hard to drink enough water when they are not working?

Have a great day everyone!

Cindi 02-19-2001 06:07 PM

Good morning! I must say between Cathys 10 hr. flight & Phoebes 12 hr. I'm not so bad off! Mine is a total 3 hrs. one way with 1 layover for 1 hr. (just long enough to smoke & smoke & smoke http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//smoking.gif http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif It's the taking off and landing that petrifies me to the pit of my soul!! Hoping I'd get on/ get off ONCE there ONCE back. We got the last 4 plane seats & we're going to be seperated by 2's, 3 rows apart. Okay so I have roughly 40 days to look half way decent in a swim suit! We got a condo on the beach so I will be LIVING in my suit!!! I'm 150 now so realistically I'll "hope" for 140 by then. As long as I exercise it won't matter what the scale says all that much I JUST DO NOT WANT TO JIGGLE IN MY SUIT AHHHHH!!! I'm a total basket case! Phoebe.... 5 DAYS 'TIL BF DAY WoooHooo!!! As far as water goes I drink it like its going out of style! I've been drinking it for so long now my body HAS to have it. In other words the longer you do it the easier it gets like anything we do. The longer we exercise the easier it gets too... so I'm off to work on making it easier! :)Cindi

Cindi 02-19-2001 07:55 PM

As I was exercising...sweating...giving it all I got! A commercial for liposuction came on the radio..."adult fat is predisposed, and exercise and diet very seldom will affect the process" Well I've got news for them...THEMS FIGHTIN' WORDS!!

cat90 02-19-2001 09:08 PM

hi girls...glad to hear you're psyched up to do this...another 1lb gone..i was hoping for 2 to make my goal..but it's going.. thats the main thing..147lbs now and my next goal is to make 136lbs for easter..roll on summer i can't wait to get my 'new' kit on..or should i say kit off http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif i have'nt been this weight since last year so once i get below this i will be on the home run..Phoebe i'm at home all the time and i can't drink the water..i've cut back now because i'm up all night...i just drink between 40-80ozs now.Cindi you'll look great in your suit..you keep at it.
cya later..cathy.

Cindi 02-20-2001 06:03 PM

Hellooooo... Phoebe heres a little incentive to get the H20 down the hatch~~~ For every 8oz. glass of COLD water you drink your body burns 5 calories. Also in my early water drinking days I would add a tad of lemmon juice to give it some zing. I had said a few weeks back that no one could even pay me to do stomach exercises after having my stomach cut 3 times this past year.... well yesterday I broke down & did a few and today I am here to say LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A ONCE A WEEK THING!!!!! MAYBE!!!!!! Its not a bruised feeling it actually hurt my organs like a bladder burn feeling. All I did was 10 push throughs W/ a count to 10 hold on the last one. Well thats it for now have a good day! Cindi :) :D :cool:

cat90 02-20-2001 10:20 PM

hi girls...cindi that sounds painful..not like the usual 'pain' that you would get from exercise..when was your last surgery? be careful that you don't hurt yourself its not worth it that much :) i am on a mini challenge at the moment to stay OP for 4 days..day 1 was a breeze hope the rest are the same...cya later..cathy.

Cindi 02-21-2001 05:56 PM

HI! Good morning... Well I didn't go to work Mon. cuz of the holliday, so told my boss I need the last day before spring break off, she told me "oh I can't let you do that I already have one out that day" I about died! "but we have tickets and... and..." Then about an hour later she worked it out! there was 1 more sub available! Then she went around and told everyone else they can't have the day off even if they say they have airline tickets. I would have let her know sooner but I didn't know. I continued to burn inside all day so when I got home from work I called the doctors office told them about doing JUST 10 push throughs & what I was feeling. The nurse proceeds to tell me "you will be 8 months post op at the end of this month, you are not completely healed in there" I went on to say "but I do this & this & this etc." Then she humored me by telling me " its really good that you want to do this but you need to give it more time to heal, 1 year post op is best before attempting stomach exercices and jogging". I was then concerned I had damaged something she assured me the burn in there is a bruise. So NO MORE! I was doing a mile on the bike in 20 minutes now I'm doing it in 17 minutes. I lost 3 pounds this week, NOTHING tastes as good as this feels!!! Remembering this feeling is the road to my goal weight. Well I have rambled on long enough today, have a good day! Cindi :) 165/146/???

Cindi 02-21-2001 06:25 PM

By the way what does OP stand for? I know it must mean being faithful to your weight loss but I can't figure out what the "O" & the "P" each stand for, but I believe I'm OP as well. I ??? my goal weight cuz right now its whenever my "jiggle" is gone!

Phoebe 02-21-2001 08:24 PM

Hi everyone!!! Feels like a Friday to me because I have the day off tomorrow!

Cindi, way to go on the 3 pounds, that is fantastic! You are right too, nothing feels as good as losing weight. If only I could remember that when I feel the need to eat something I shouldn't. I think OP means "on programme" or maybe "on points" as I see it a lot on the WW123 boards.

Cathy, Sandy, just wanted to say thanks for the continued support that this board gives me. I feel like I am really on a positive cycle right now.

Have a great day everyone, keep drinking that water!!

cat90 02-21-2001 10:57 PM

hiya girls...glad to hear that you are o.k. cindi!!...OP means on points in my case...i am giving the pts system another whirl to see if i get results with that and great job with the weightloss ;) phoebe even i'm excited that you are seeing your bf on saturday..i can't wait to hear if he notices your progress!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif well..i am now one stone (14lbs cindi) less than i was after christmas and when i put it like that i feel like i am definitely making progress..i can't wait until the next one is gone...like you say nothing tastes as good as this feels...have a nice day...cathy.

Cindi 02-22-2001 06:07 PM

Good Morning... Cathy just remembering the "feeling" may very well get you through 8 days OP... I feel like I am (O)n the (R)ight (T)rack litterally! Mentally, Physically, Spiritually... Who knows you all might see me on the Oprah show someday..."REMEMBERING YOUR SPIRIT"... Well my kids are reminding me everyday about flying their so excited! I have 37 days before I'm off to test fate!! That is how I feel about it... I just hope we can get there and have fun first!! Ohhhh I know I shouldn't talk like that, I don't say it to the kids ofcourse but just wait until they see their mom having an alcoholic beverage on Z plane in the morning!!! I'm excited to hear about Phoebes BF day too!! Well gonna go do the day everyone make it a good one STAY OP CATHY!! :cool: REMEMBER NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIS FEELS :D :)Cindi :)

cat90 02-22-2001 10:39 PM

morning girls...cindi have you flown before?? it sounds like you have and 3 hours is nothing it will "fly" by http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif sorry..could'nt resist that one..just keep saying to yourself what a fabulous time you will have in florida..read a good book or have a "few" drinks..you can tell the kids its pop http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif i'm OP still..doing good..hope you are too..have a good day..
bye for now...cathy.

Cindi 02-23-2001 06:08 PM

Cathy, Yes I have flown one time, one way when I was 22. There was turbulance & I about died!! At this age I fear a heart attack if that were to happen again! Well...Tricia has made it as clear as possible our friendship is over. My many attempts to make things better again, have been rejected over & over. During my attempts via Emails in 3 different letters back to me I heard about "my new found friends". Her saying that makes me feel like she resents for being here. I lost my first 19 pounds with you girls and I honestly could'nt have done it without you! I now am convinced having a support group is crucial in being successful. It is deffinitely time for me to go elsewhere to a completely different site, where I won't feel like I'm under a microscope. I'm really sorry about this, but for me it is the best thing to do. I've had great success here and a good time along the way! I hope to find another group just as good to lose my last 19 pounds with, but being able to just go and post without feeling guilty for being there in the first place, will make all the differece in the world to me. Cathy & Phoebe Thanks for being there through my first 19 pound struggle!! {{{{{HUGS BYE}}}}} Cindi

cat90 02-23-2001 11:54 PM

oh cindi...i can't believe that you are breaking up this great little group..o.k. tricia introduced you to it..so what?? she does'nt have any more claim to be here than you..or any of us for that matter..please think again before you go !!!! i am also sorry to hear that your friendship is over..but if it can end over something as trivial as this then it was'nt much of a friendship to begin with...was it????
if you really have to go there are a lot of good sites out there...dottisweightlosszone..
***************..theweighwewere..i'm sure you will find some other 'friends' but i hope you decide to stay...bye.
for some reason it has deleted boot camp buddies..a really good site too.

phoebe what do you want to do? continue posting? i will...hope to hear from you soon
have a great day...cathy.

[This message has been edited by cat90 (edited 02-23-2001).]

thenewme 02-24-2001 12:30 PM

Cathy and Phoebe, what do you guys want to do. I don't want to have to go to another thread. I was just on another thread and its breaking up because only two of us were posting. Here lately I've been in my own little world. I can't seem to lose the weight. I've got a move and grove coming and I'm going to follow that to the letter and excerise and if in a month I don't lose anymore weigh I'm going to go the doctor and see if there is something else wrong.

Cindi I wish you wouldn't quit. Cathy's right nobody owns this. So don't start feeling that you don't belong here. We are all here for the same reason and that is the support that we can give or get from other people trying to do the same thing. Eat healthy. I know when i tell people i'm trying to lose weigh, they look at me like I crazy. I carry my weigh pretty good so I don't look too over weigh. They don't understand my need to lose these 30lbs. they should talk to my doctor then. So please don't quit. I promise I'll post more often.

Well I won't be posting for the next two days, I going to go out of town with hubby and see my other two grand children. So i won't be posting until Sunday evening. maybe by then I'll be in a better frame of mind about my weigh.

Well I better get off anyway a storm is starting to go through and I want to turn off the computer and unplug it. So until later. Sandy

Cindi 02-24-2001 06:01 PM

~~~Cathy~~~ Look at your private messages.

cat90 02-25-2001 03:22 AM

hi girls...phoebe and sandy will you please look in your private messages...cathy.

Cindi 02-25-2001 05:34 AM

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED

cat90 02-26-2001 12:32 AM

GO TO No More Ifs,Ands,or Butts #4