Worldly Chicks go "Marching" With Gusto - And Igor

You're on Page 5 of 21
Go to

• Happy Birthday Miss Mel!

Hope you have a day of laughs and goodness and everything as wonderful as you are! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you !!!

• I am ok...Happy 29th Birthday Mellie xoxo
  • Haooy birthday, Mel. Wishing you all the best.

Annie
    Good to see you back.

Shad
    Glad you made it back home.

Hello's to all t he rest. I'll be back a little later.
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!! WISHING YOU A FABULOUS YEAR!!

Morning everyone. Monday sure came quickly!

Happy - Happy belated anniversary! How was your special dinner?

Shad - Sorry you had a bad flight as far as the kids go. I like that tranquilizer idea, LOL. Yesterday bf & I went to breakfast and no sooner had bf commented about there being no kids in the vicinity then a couple w/ a young boy sat in the booth next to us. But we didn't hear a peep out of him, so that was nice. BF complimented the parents before we left.

Ceejay - The flowering trees sound beautiful! Enjoy.

Mel - That's funny that your chair could be causing issues w/ the pc's. I agree w/ Ceejay - good excuse to stay away from the office. Hope Jen's arm/wrist are better today. I like your new avatar.

Michelle - Hope today's a good day - you sound like you were pretty busy this weekend in spite of the bronchitis.

Ellen - I'm sure that the clothes shopping the other day was just a drop in the bucket - with a large family, clothes shopping and laundry alone could be a full-time job for you! You moms deserve much more than a single day of appreciation, and I hope you get it!!!

Hi Annie!!!

Nothing much to report. My federal tax refund posted to my bank account - yay for that. My elbow is feeling quite a bit better - the pain isn't radiating to the rest of the arm anymore. The ibuprofen must be helping. I'm going to buy some Aleve at lunchtime - I can't keep up with all that pill-taking on top of my usual vitamins. I finished my snuggy this weekend, whadday know, it's still cool enough to use it. We'll see if it's still mitten weather by the time I finish that project! Also took a couple dogwalks, did some laundry & grocery shopping and that's about it. Oh, and I'm getting killed in a Scrabble-type game being played w/ the movie group leader via our iPhones. I have to tell myself she's using on-line help just to make myself feel better.
  • Happy Monday ladies -

Except for a brief trip to Chicago Saturday evening, I spent nearly all weekend sleeping, and I think that was just what the doctor ordered...even though he didn't say so. I feel MUCH better today. I still get a little winded, but I can breathe much easier. Of course, all the resting/sleeping/coughing did a number on my back and I kind of threw it out last night. It's still really sore, but I'm wearing my back brace and am able to get around without my cane, though I'm moving stiffly. At least I can breathe though, and I'm very thankful for that!

DMIL will be here the first week in April, so I've got to get my lungs and back better so I can get some serious cleaning done.

Laura - I'm glad the doc appt went well. Good for you on having such great good cholesterol and low bad cholesterol. It's good that you're getting an ekg...always better to keep an eye on things. I hope the anti-inflammatories and rest help your tennis elbow. Did you get your comforters washed and the other stuff done? How about your convertible mittens or snuggly throw? I did literally no housework/"chores" this weekend. DH did all the wash, even the work clothes with my coaching. He's such a great guy. Good luck with the exercises classes. Are you doing the step class tonight?

Mel - Happy Birthday (again)! And I'm so glad you had a restful weekend. I'm so sorry to hear that Jen took a fall. I hope her wrist is doing better today. Best things for a sprain are: Rest, Ice, Compression (like ace bandage or brace), and Elevation. That's awful about the squatter! I wouldn't be surprised if your chair might be causing some PC issues. They have "grounding" pads that you can put near your keyboard that help to counteract electrical fields (I think).

Annie - It's great to hear from you. I hope things are going better for you. Big hugs, girlfriend.

Ceejay - I think breaking up your cardio routine is a great idea! Changes in weather, especially lots of rain, can lead to sinus issues. I've also found that changes in barometric pressure contribute to migraines.

Shad - I hope Rochelle and Matt had a lovely wedding day and that the family all behaved themselves. How frustrating that the airline lost your luggage. I'm glad you got it back though. That happened to me once on a direct flight from Newark, NJ to Milwaukee. They lost my luggage and didn't find it until 6 weeks later - in Chicago!! I didn't even go to Chicago! Sorry your flight home was so obnoxious. I agree...most kids should be tranquilized before they fly.

Ellen - My company lets us work from home between 1 - 3 days per week. If we regularly work from home more than that, then we give up our permanent cubicle at the office and use temporary/shared cubicles. Typically, each person on my team works from home 1 day per week, sometimes more if there are extenuating circumstances (illness, family illness, etc.).

Happy - I'm so glad that you and DH had a lovely anniversary dinner. I've never heard of tulip trees. I'm going to have to google that to see a photo. As for my bronchitis, this was the worst I've ever had. In the past the chest tightness has always loosened up after a few days of antibiotics/steroids...not this time though. I'm a little worried about my bone density with all the steroids I've been on in the past year (oral, inhaled and injected). But I do like dairy products and eat/drink a lot of them daily, so hopefully that helps.

I should probably get some work done. Here's to a great day for all of us!

Lots of love and hugs,
  • Laura - You're today's sneaker inner. That's great that your tax refund has already posted to your account. DH worked on our taxes yesterday. I'm so glad your elbow is doing better. When you take the Aleve, make sure you take it with food...otherwise, it can be rough on the stomach. That's wonderful that you finished your snuggy!! You really got a lot accomplished over the weekend! At least A LOT more than I did.
  • Good morning ladies,

Well our cooking university classes got pushed back another week (this is the second time). Now it's running into when we are supposed to close on the house so DH is thinking of just cancelling them for now. I have mixed feelings because I was looking forward to the classes but if we are going to miss them than that's a waste too. Because there are a fixed number of people in the class and you each have a work "station", you can't just pop in and make up a class if you miss one. and we got (FINALLY) papers back that all is in order and our house offer has been accepted. We're just trying to decide on what kind of loan would be the least expensive for us since we are not looking to mortgage for 20 or even 10 years.

Michelle - it does indeed sound like rest is just what your body needed to hop on the road to recovery. I'm glad you are feeling much better, just don't over do it. It's great that DH stepped in to help you too. That's what a partnership is all about. And I guess it's spring if MIL is coming to town I hope you do get better quick, I can understand how you're feeling you have lots to do to get ready for her - because you WANT to, not because you HAVE to.

Laura - some people are Scrabble pros and some are not. Just play to have fun. I like Boggle myself. Scrabble intimidates me Oh boy money in the bank from the tax refund, isn't that a good thing? Whatcha gonna splurge on?

Good morning Mel. Did you have a nice birthday? Did the fireman I ordered show up and entertain you? I hope everyone sang to you and no one gave you anything that would stuff up your head or make your eyes water. I look forward to hearing about the details.

Annie - it's time to get back in here. What's going on with you? We have soft shoulders and lots of tissues. In fact I just opened a new box this morning - super soft Puffs. Come on back, we miss you.

Ceejay - that's a funny dream you had

What's going on in your part of town Ellen?

Back at work Shad? That sure came and went quickly. Did you get to see some of your family?

I promised myself I'd get to work earlier today so off I go. Hope you all have a good Tuesday. It's Fat Tuesday I believe. We are having a Mardi Gras party at work. I guess I'd better go dig out my Mardi Gras shirt to wear.
  • Good morning everyone! Just a quick driveby for me...I have to go to the dentist. work went well the last few days. BUt I am feeling very tired, PIcked up my sister after work yesteday she is watching DD3 so I can go to the dentist. Not much planned for the rest of the week yet, except doc appt for the kiddies Today and Thursday.

Have to get my rear end moving! hope everyone has a great day!!
  • GOOD MORNING CHICKS....ARE WE "MARCHING WITH GUSTO" YET???

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES. I HAD A WONDERFUL DAY YESTERDAY AND IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER. JEN'S CAKE WAS BEAUTIFUL AND SHAPED LIKE AN EASTER BONNET. SHE REALLY AMAZES ME SOMETIMES. IT WAS A DAY FILLED WITH WONDERFUL SURPRISES AND LOTS OF GOOD WISHES. LUNCH WAS NICE TOO. EVEN THE SUN COOPERATED! I AM STILL FLOATING ON CLOUD NINE MAYBE I'LL STAY UP HERE FOR AWHILE!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE

HAPPY.... AFTER I GOT MY RIDE ON THE FIRE TRUCK....I GOT SO EXCITED THAT HE HAD TO GIVE ME MOUTH TO MOUTH RESUSCITATION! I AM SO GLAD FOR YOU AND DH GETTING THE PAPERS!! WHAT A PERFECT DAY! CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CLASSES GETTING MOVED....BECAUSE THEY'RE DOING THAT, CAN YOU GET A REFUND?? HOPE YOU FIND THE LOAN OF YOUR DREAMS

ANNIE...THANKS YOU AND HOPE YOU REALLY ARE OK

CEEJAY....THANKS AND I DIDN'T SEE YOU COME BACK!!

LAURA....WATCH THE ARM WITH THE IPAD!! GLAD TO HEAR IT'S FEELING BETTER AND MAKE SURE YOU EAT FOOD WITH THE ALEVE. (NOW IS THAT ENOUGH ORDERS FROM ME FOR ONE POST??) CONGRATS ON THE DEPOSIT!!! $$$$ I HAD TO LAUGH AT THE SNUGGY & MITTENS & COLD WEATHER. SHOULD WE BE PRAYING FOR A LONGER WINTER FOR YOU NOW?!?!?

MICHELLE....JEN HAS A BRACE AS SHE FALLS ON THE SAME ARM THESE LAST FEW YEARS. MAYBE I BETTER GET HER PADDING! SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING BETTER. SLEEP IS THE CURE FOR ALL BOO BOOS. DON'T OVERDO THE CLEANING AND SET THE LUNGS & BACK OFF. hOPE THE BACK FEELS BETTER WITH THE COUGHING EASING UP
  • ELLEN....WE POSTED TOGETHER.....HOPE THE DENTIST GOES OK.....I DON'T ENVY YOU AT ALL YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY TOO.
  • Dear Lord please wrap your arm around my shoulder and you hand over my mouth....Amen.
  • Hi everyone -

Not much to post today. I'm really tired. My lungs are getting a little better every day....but my energy level is still low.

Happy - Congrats on officially getting the house. Bummer about your cooking classes. I hope you can figure out a loan term that will work for you and your retirement.

Ellen - Good luck at the dentist and doctor appts.

Mel - I'm glad you had a wonderful b'day! I haven't started cleaning yet. Probably either Sunday or next weekend as this Saturday we have plans. I'd like to do a little cleaning each night after work, but right now I'm so exhausted when I get home, that's not an option. So I'm listening to my body and allowing it the rest it needs.

Annie - Big hugs to you my sista. We love you!
  • Morning all.

Happy - Glad you finally received the official acceptance. Too bad about the cooking classes - I hope you work it out. That sounded fun.

Mel - Glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration. Keep it going all year long (minus the cake, lol).

Ellen - Hope the dentist appt is not painful!

Michelle - I was gonna say that the housecleaning would still be waiting for you, so don't overdo it, but then again, you have a pretty special hubby who helps out a lot, so maybe it won't be...

Hellos to Ceejay, Shad & Annie!

My step class was good yesterday - and I discovered my cousin takes that class! We're not a closeknit family & our main contact has been Christmas cards, so it was nice to see her. Anyway, I got my heart rate up, and that was important. That and the fact that I didn't trip or fall over the step, LOL.

I'm skipping the movie tonight, but I don't think I'm going to any exercise class. I think I'll do a BE workout at home. I ran into a neighbor on the way home yesterday who asked when I'd start riding my bike to/from the train again. I said that DST begins on Sunday, so maybe next week. It'll still probably be too chilly for me to want to do that, but the idea of the lighter evenings makes me happy. : I'm looking forward to dogwalks after work.

Eating wasn't good yesterday, but I started tracking my food again.

Okay, back to work. Only Tuesday, wah wah wah.
  • Annie
    What's going on girlfriend?

Michelle
    Good to know that you are feeling better and that you are listening to your body. It know's best.

Laura
    The step class would have done me in, even a low impact one. I'm so ready for DST. I've noticed that it is getting daylight earlier. You deserve a night off from the movies.

Hello to the rest.

I'm keeping an eye to the sky. We're suppose to get hit with heavy rain and maybe thunderstorms this afternoon and over night
  • Just lost a long post and there is no time to get on and re do it.
    Just accept that I am thinking of you and that I will get back but it will have to be later now.