Worldly Chicks go "Marching" With Gusto - And Igor

You're on Page 21 of 21
Go to
  • WENT TO BED LATE OF COURSE AND JUST GOT UP.
    I HAD TO PLAY A FEW GAMES LAST NIGHT!!
    A FRIEND IN THE OFFICE IS WONDERING WHEN SHE WILL SEE ME AGAIN.
    NOT ANYTIME SOON!
    I MUST GO EAT SOME FOOD BEFORE I PASS OUT.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY.
  • Morning...headache and bathroom issues today...just sayin'.

Happy...the commune, for our MELLIE, make sure her man cave is extra big, she just added the cable guy to her harem. LOL....safe travels, have fun with the new joint.

MELLIE...speaking of which..joint...I noticed you said smoking pot "again"..lol...don't you mean STILL...ba hahahahha. There are a few plecks I would like to tie in a knot too!! Especially my XH...that would put his philandering *ss out of commission.....OMG I am just cracking myself up today....even with this dang headache.

Shaddie...MELLIE's lizard serum is called Byetta..read my informative post about it. lol.

Chelle.....even if you are crazy busy today...be sure to take care of you and that back all the while....you got it....don't forget to baby yourself and not go crazy.

Ellen...so glad all went well with the babe. Yummy food is always in the big cities, never out in the stix, heck we are lucky to get a Taco Bell.lol

Ceejay....hi back at cha, don't work too hard. Make them miss you even when you are there....wink wink.

Laura....how was the train ride this morning? Are you packing better snacks for the ride home? Just checkin'.

Our weather continues to get better each day with more sunshine than clouds. Today's high is 55. I will take that one. Looks like Mellie is in for one heck of a snow storm, if I followed the weatherman correctly.

I have a dinner date tonight with a guy named Alan. We met up last week at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. He is extremely nice, seems to have great family values and morals. Now this part is petty...he has crooked teeth and that just drives me nuts. The chemistry attraction was not exactly there but then again is may have been a little...giving it time to see what happens. He is not pushy or up in my grill, which I like. TIME!!

Gotta get moving, getting ready for a group presentation for a company to see if they will take our specialty benefits. Yeah!

Will check back later if I can...

Love and hugs
  • Morning ladies, have to run today got a chiro appt then off car shopping, dinner with friends tonight. Will try to post personals b4 I head back to work tomorrow.
  • Happy Thursday ladies -

I'm off tomorrow (for doggie errands and cleaning), so it's actually my Friday today! Tomorrow, two of my doggies (the boys - Doppler and Santa) are going to the groomers, and Mischief has a follow up appt at the vet to check her red blood cell count and maybe draw some blood if necessary. Hopefully, she'll be doing well enough where they won't need to drain some blood, and she'll get the all clear to be able to run and play with her "brothers".

I was really hurting all day Tuesday and most of yesterday. I went to PT yesterday after work and asked them to stretch me out. I asked my PT if I should see a chiropractor. She said that she doesn't know if it would help and that I should ask my doc. She was worried all the tweaking and torque-ing and manipulation could actually harm my condition. I may see if I can schedule a massage to help loosen up all my tight muscles. My PT said that I just need to continue to lose weight and do the core exercises and stretches, and that I am not allowed to do any cardio or strength training...except maybe try walking in the shallow end of a pool. Other than that...just core exercises and stretches for now. And even if I'm in really bad pain, I still have to do my stretches, because that's the only thing that's going to get me better. Basically, my PT said we're starting from scratch...as if I had surgery or something...because my muscles are so tight and out of condition that I can't walk or stand more than a couple minutes without lots of pain...and bending is horrible too.

Ellen - I'm glad to hear that DD2 is doing well and that she got her catheter out. I hope all the other dentist and doctor appointments went well. Chicago does have the best food! Yummmm! We're going down there on April 9th or 10th for ReptileFest, and meeting up with a friend afterwards for lunch. My favorite is Lou Malnati's, but even their personal size pizza has a ton of calories.

Annie - Glad you had a nice lunch at Cheesecake Factory. Too funny about the name Diane FECKER. Bummer about your CVS co-worker's DD being in the hospital...but you're right, she should've at least called. Good for you for keeping your cool. I might've lost it. I wish our temps were warming up like yours. Yesterday, it got up to 45 or so, and when I took Mischief outside in the yard on a leash, I had shorts and a t-shirt on because it was warm in the sun. We were only outside for a few minutes as neither she or I can stay outside that long. Her back legs give out due to her reduced circulation, and my back and legs give out. I really need to get at least one patio chair out of the storage shed so I can sit down while I'm out there. I actually looked at the WonderFile and was debating on whether or not to get it. That and the One Second Sewing Needles because I'm not sure if it's my eyes going or my eye-hand coordination...but it's getting harder and harder to thread a needle. Way cool that Lilly Pharmaceuticals. I think it's fascinating how scientists even think about trying weird stuff to treat medical conditions. I mean, how does one come up with trying Gila monster saliva to treat type 2 diabetes?! I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling good at either end today. I hope you feel better by this evening so you're able to enjoy your date. I'm glad to hear he's not pushy or coming on too strong, and that you're gonna give it time. Is he easy to talk to? Does he have a good sense of humor? Hope you have a great meal/evening with him.

Laura - I sometimes get overwhelmed and paralyzed at the thought of big projects...but eventually I can usually just hunker down and dive in. The Lincoln Lawyer looks like a good movie. My goodness you were having a klutzy day yesterday. I hope today is going better. Our doggie Santa has come up with a new trick. When you're in the kitchen either carrying or dishing out food, he gets between your legs and then turns/twists suddenly so either you or your food end up on the floor. Last week, DH dropped a piece of meatloaf he was dishing out for himself. Last night, DH dropped a glass of milk on the floor. Luckily the glass didn't break. We're worried about Santa doing this after DMIL arrives.

Shad - Sounds like you are putting in a lot of hours this week! Will you have to work this weekend as well? Glad to hear the solar water heater is in. I hope that it gets the water hot enough for DS2's liking. I also really like hot showers. Especially since my back has been acting up...I take a nice hot shower and immediate after getting out, I put slather some kind of linament/muscle rub on to let it sink in while the pores are open. Ahhhhh. I agree with you on so many safety features to prevent burns and what not. I often wonder how our generation survived when we were allowed to play with lawn darts, ride in cars without seat belts or car seats, ride bikes without bike helmets, and hold sparklers on July 4th without poking ourselves or others in the eyes. I can get on a rant :soapbox: once I get started on how many things have to be put in place to save people from stupidity.

Happy - I cracked up about the guy named Hajeet and the one named Ofer Gal. Of course, I know people have a hard time with my last name...both pronouncing it and spelling it even though it is phonetic. The beef vegetable soup sounds so yummy! My PT said my back issues aren't so much from coughing, but rather from lying in bed for 10 days and after that only doing minimal movement. So funny you talk about Watkin's linament! I thought I was the only person who knew what linament is...everyone I mention it to is like "huh?". I don't know if I use the "white" linament, but this stuff is brown and it has camphor, menthol and capsicum in it, and it's STRONG! It does stink pretty bad...and heats up really well (and stays effective for many, many hours). Thanks for your opinion on chiropractic. My PT basically said the same thing. And at the women's wellness fair, I actually talked to a chiropractor that had a booth there, and said I have bulging discs and could they do anything. They said they'd use disc decompression (basically the same traction machine my PT uses). And I have the inversion machine for that. I was just thinking maybe they could see if my hips are out of alignment. I was in so much pain that I was grasping at straws really, hence the FB post. I think I'll heed my PT's concerned advice and try a massage and stick with the stretches that the PT gave me. What is Italian lemonade like? And I think I've said before that I love Palermo's pizza. Not sure when you said you were leaving to head north, but safe travels! How exciting to be signing the papers on your lovely new retirement home in the northwoods! :hugs:

Mellie - We really missed you! I'm so glad you got set up, and that you're loving your new 'puter!! Bummer that you've lost a couple posts...but I'm so glad you're enjoying the high speed and playing games, etc. Just remember to take breaks from your computer games to eat and sleep so you stay healthy, young lady!

I'm still crazy busy today. I've got to prepare the implementation docs and testing docs for 16 reports by 1:00 (or at least the implementation docs). Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Love you all,
  • Chelle...he is easy to talk to and quite humorous, very complimentary, sweet, caring, I KNOW I am an idiot.
  • An OLDIE BUT GOODIE............

Q: Doctor, I ' ve heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
    A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don ' t waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
    A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
    A: Can ' t think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!
    Q: Aren ' t fried foods bad for you?
    A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q
    : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
    A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
    A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
    A: Hey! ' Round ' is shape!
    Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here ' s the final word on nutrition and health. It ' s a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat
    and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine
    and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION:Eat and drink what you like.Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
  • Annie
    Like the post this morning. Enjoy your date.

Mel
    Don't blame you for playing some games on the puter. I play mahjong titans at work. and sometimes at homes. Depending on what I have to do.

Michelle
    The therapist adviced sounds good to me. I can always tell a difference when I lay around and not up moving.

Happy, Shad, Ellen have a good day.

I woke up this morning with a sinus headache. I need to go to the doctor for a follow up on the UTI to make sure that all the infection is gone. I'll see if he will give me a decadron shot to clear up this mess going on inside my head.
  • Morning all, just a quick check in. Have my quarter end schedules to work on, and I'm having a bad feeling about the other dept manager - the one the boss told me is leaving our employment. Quite a lot of closed door conversations going on with the boss the past few days. I'm worried about today because boss is out all next week, and the mgr. is off work tomorrow - using up a floating holiday she wouldn't get paid for if/when she leaves the company. Sigh. I hate this.

Prolly won't make it back later.
  • DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE. See April link - click here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post3785228