Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 06:19 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #37 ... the weather outside was frightful... let it snow ....

Hello,
My goodness this place has been quiet as a church.

Well DH and I continue to move boxes. The person is working on the electrical system. I am trying to get services hooked up. Still work and keep my head on straight.

I think about X-mas shoppping but, then I get overwhelmed. It will be probably done in one big push after we move in.

How are you all doin?

Let me talk about Carb ****

My what a confusing and alluring place that is. I find myself in stores and poto chips are in my shopping cart. Then they are in my home. I am at work and I find myself eating holiday treat thta people are bringing in. Cravings???? Well one would have to stop eating carbs to experince cravings or withdrawal. Oh.. DId I tell you that my pants are tight? The scale, you ask. Why in carb **** there is no scale. Exercise? Why you don't have to exersice there... . Fluid ?I sure am carrying a few people's worth. Now I can see out of the place. It really isn't that far. I can see the light of hope, motivation and energy. It really isn't that far...

But I am sure that it won't be today. Maybe tomorrow I will get myself closer to the gate

Hey Sue I don't see you here, I hope you have gotten yourself out. All the mirrors, pretty lights here are just a lie. How are you doing really by the way? We don't hear much from you and I worry that something is wrong> Now don't go off on us.

Melody, You my dear are the glue right now. YOur continued losses are inspiring. How are you coping with the holidays? How is the family thing going?

Kina,. I ma glad you found us again. How are the holidays going for you? Did that Aunt(?) give you any advice on how to keep going?

Pam my dear woman. How are you doing? Taking care of yourself a little bit?

Dana, Lee, Terri Hello from the gates of carb Helll

WIll try a be a little more consistant here.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:29 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

HI girl i am here i have been so bvusy i have just dabbeled in carb **** this week just yesterday and thursday night to be exact too busy to eat junk!!!

i am so glad that you are closed and that was wonderful to go and see the lady!! that was so touching!!! and so very thought ful!!

I have been getting lost in christmas and trying to decorate and clean and work so that has taken me through the depths of busy!! speaking of that I need to get running as i am trying to get the laundry folded and finish the dishes and eat some real food for breakfast before work 20 min only!!
Old 12-09-2002, 06:06 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Hi all,
My goodness it is cold here. A chilly -4 degrees this morning. Lots of snow to be had.
SPent sat at my sister's celbrating my nephew's 2nd BD.
Yesterday was cleaning and moving boxes! WE are waiting to hear about Nimo, as to when they can be there so the electical service can be changed. Our move target date is 12/16.

A report from Carb ****:

Well I am still there. They serve cake there!
They make it so pretty. But it is all a delusion. I can still se the entrance but to concentrate long enough to get there has been impossible,

Will take it an hour at a time. I want to focus on water today. We'll leave it at that.

Hello everyone
Old 12-11-2002, 06:13 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

slowly is the ay to go but remember to feel how bad you feel when you eat that stuff and slowly cut down the amount that you eat. you will feel better for it. i am trying that for now. portion control. then get back to total low carb soon.

well i wish you the best of luck in packing remember fly lady when packing if you do not love it why carry it!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 09:00 AM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Morning all!

I am sooooo busy. I too have been in carb ****, but I am strugglling to pull myself out of the abyss. One of my student's parents bought me a box of candy and I have been enjoying it too much. I did resist the cake another student's mom brought.

I didn't work out last night. I was just too tired. I will tonight. Upper Body, Yoga, and ABS. I have about given up on cardio for now. I just can't bring myself to get on the elliptical. But there was a time when I couldn't bring myself to lift a weight, so i guess I am moving in phases.

The Family thing is good. Josh of course is back in the picture. He moved home to his Mom's and is doing his best to stop drinking. I am doing my best not to hate him for everything he has caused. This was suppose to be my first Xmas in my own home. Well he ruined that for us, but I am trying not to be too bitter. I am trying to be the good person i am. I am not letting him drag me back into the bowels of **** again. He has a lot of work to do before I will ever trust him again.

My kids are good. Excited about Xmas. I wouldn't dare tell them I have not bought a single present yet. I can't afford too. I signed them up for the angel tree, and I plan on buying them one toy they really wanted with my next check. This time of year is beautiful, but it can be really sad too.

I have parent conferences today! I guess I had better go prepare for them. You guys have a lovely, cold, day!
Old 12-13-2002, 03:22 PM   #6  
Muscle Mommy

WHere is everyone?
Old 12-14-2002, 06:15 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Suffering from the christmas rush here melody and i am sure Pat is pilled under the mountians of stuff for the hose! moving is less than a week away!

I wil bring down my post i did on another forum as it explains much of what the last few weeks has been for me. I pop in and read about 3 - 4 times a week now as i can not find the energy to fight for the puter any more i hate that as this is my life line for my diet the linger i stay away the worse i get for eating and exercise. i have not exercised for 2 weeks now. and i hate that. i am starting to fall int o the asbyss of seld depreciation as i can not lift for my hands hurt and i hate cardio not to mention but i have no time to be my self any more! DH or should i say SH is now home for 3 weeks and i can not stand that nothing will get done I will have to leave him the check book and tell him to get shopping and clean the house! he wont i know and i am about ready to kill some kids here.

so melody i am today full of sefl depreciation today and i hate that too! I feel like tears and wonder am i ever going to get to the top of this mess let alone to get my life back! and get back in to control. the only place if feel like i am getting some where is at work and even then i am always falling behind.

I can understand your feeling for this christmas. I have been there and know how you feel. the kids will love you just the same. Josh well make rules for his involvement like one drink even socially he is gone. hopefully he will hold on with that and keep his ife on the right path. love is a wonderful thing but it also leaves us open for so much pain and hurt. and open for problems. hang on to your resolve girl and know that we are right here for you!
Old 12-14-2002, 06:16 AM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

What a day yesterday was! A very sad day for one family and a busy one for me. I am not OP and have not even tried for the last week. I can not think straight so i am just gliding through life right now. My hands are in constant pain. The doc wants me to see a neuro surgeon, and the rate of degeneration i am experiencing i know they wil say surgery and i can not take time off work to do this the bills will not stand it. si I am doing the least i can with my hands HA as if you can do house work wothout your hands! and every time i yell at the kids about their mess i wake up to find it all over again! I still have not the tree decorated the little ones will not do it unless i am helping and guiding. I did try to get them to do it but they are more intetrested in the TV> and it will be decorated at the middle only and on one side if i did that. so i have all my christmas stuff all over the living room for 3 weeks now and the thanksgiving stuff still up! i have a swim meet today and have no food in the house so that is what i will be doing early today till we leave for the swim meet. then when i get home i hasve to finish cleaning and spend all day tomorrow doing the same thing. maybbe the tree willg et finished sunday! i do not have s single gift wraped. i think if i just put tags on it it will be fun! no after christmas mess. I can stand that! especially since i have to work and hubby does nto want to wait till the next day to do christmas! when i can get it done in a relaxed manner! no we have to wake the kids up earlie and do it then and then i have to leave for work I am not looking forward to this christmas! Oh dear my scrooge is comming out! I have just started my christmas card list as i am doing it when i am at swimming if there is not other things to take my time! like well everything! well I am sorry for griping this morning but i am frustereated i just spend 30 min before coffee to try to find my kitchen which i just found last night and woke up to this mess again!!!

this is what was posted on the other forum to give you an idea what my hosue is like right now!
Old 12-15-2002, 06:54 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Hello all!
I had a nice post yesterday and lost it.
Sounds like all of our Christmas' are somewhat in the air. DH and I are $ tapped out for obvious reasons and will just buy for teh nieces and nephews and family members we drew names for. I spent all day yesterday getting the kitchen ready. We move tomorrow.
I will not have internet for at least a week as we get phone hooked up.

I will post more later
Old 12-15-2002, 07:44 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

Pat i am thinking of you today!!! and tomorow too for this move and the shifting!!
Old 12-18-2002, 02:27 PM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

It is the last day of work for me. 2-1/2 weeks off. I am so excited!

I will do my best ot post daily, but I probably will not be able to. I will miss my computer time. My goal is to get back OP. One week til XMAS. I wish these pounds would drop. But how can they when everyone is shoving candy and cookies in my face!

Sue, I know how you feel. My hands are killing me, and my ankles and toes and knees, and hips. It sucks. It is warmer today. Maybe I will get some walking in. Maybe....

Pat, good luck on the move!

Kina...Pam...Where the heck are ya?????

Love to all, Melody
Old 12-20-2002, 06:04 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Hey all!
It's Friday and I have been in the house for a few days now. Still living in boxes! Don't see any end in site! But it is over for the most part! Thanks for all the warm wishes and prayers! they were a big help.
Sue how are you?
I am so deep in carb **** it's awful! However I am with melody time to get on out!Making small changes

Melody enjoy your time off!
I will be more wordy this weekend
Hello everyone else!
Old 12-22-2002, 06:18 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

I am here still in carb **** but enjoying it as i know that as my pants are tighter and fitting badly that after the first of the year it is OP for me and included in that is exercise time too. I am excited.

Pat glad the move id done now the setteling id set to start. making the house a home. it has been almost 8 years for me and it is still needing touches done to it. lots of them like pictures on the walls.

Melody enjoy the time off. hang in there i am thinkig of you and christmas. just found that on top of everything the micro broke!! what a month for bills!!!

I will stop in latter i need to get stuff done for christmas and stuff so i will check in later!!
Old 12-23-2002, 05:56 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Good morning
Well it's 2 more days till x-mas. I can't believe it. I am going to work early to check out the gym that is near my house. I too am excited to get back into the swing of things. We are adjusting. DH is going to try and get the laudry room plumbed over the next fews days. That will be a big help. I don't know why I think that the filled boxes that took months to create will be emptied in a couple of days.
I guess we will have a snow filled holiday. Lake effect snow all day today. Tommorow we head back to teh old homestead for DH family xmas.

Sue How are the hands? We will soon kiss carb **** goodbye!

Melody How is the time off?

Hello and Merry x-mas to everyone else!
Old 12-23-2002, 10:43 PM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

Hello all....

well ladies it just appears to be us three right now. I sure do miss everyone else. But I know they will return it is a busy time of year, and after Christmas everyone will be looking toward the new year and getting back to business.

I kinda got my Christmas miracle. Columbia Gas sponsored my kids and bouhgt them all a few things that were on their wish lists. I was so happy. I managed to squeak an extra $40 out of my budget, and went to the Dollar store and bought them some gifts myself. Then my sister and her Hubby went out and bought a Playstation 2 for the boys to share from Santa. At least I know they will not be disappointed. That is all that matters.

I went up to the old house with Josh today, and couldn't help think how sad it looked all empty. That house had so much potential...and now it stands empty and cold. We could be spending our first Christmas as a family there, if he had not been so selfish. I know I need to let it go. If I am going to be with him, I need to get over it. But it still cuts like a knife. I guess in time that wound will heal.

I am wishing all of you the very best of Christmas'! May you have the best one yet! Merry Christmas! Love, me!
Closed Thread