Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 04:24 PM   #16  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Well I just finished my christmas snow town and have to say I am quite pleased with it this year! Going to try to put image up so you can see it too.
Old 12-15-2002, 06:09 PM   #17  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies.......

Haven't had time to post...... Joanna and Tim have come and gone home already. There was no time to even think about asking her to post...... sorry ladies...... Time just seems to fly these days..... Mom and dad are still here and are visiting with some of their friends. Back to work tomorrow.... YUCKERS...... Thanks for all the well wishes....... I am just so tired these days and I didn't have my medication for my nerve damage in my feet and hands and they were hurting me more than usual.... and that makes me feel bad too...... but I have them filled now and the pain doesn't seem as bad...... one last night I will be sleeping on the couch, mom and dad are leaving in the morning..... and then I am on my way to their house for several days on Saturday...... My luncheon that I had at the office was fantastic and everyone loved the food and had a good time... that is a load off of my mind thats for sure. Its a big responsibility to feed 60 people and head the committee for such a project..... but thats over with and now things can get back to normal at work..... thank goodness..... I'm not putting up a tree this year, so YOU GO CJ...... put up enough for me too!!!!!!!!

I am signing off now...... everyone be good and I will try to post from work this week...... take care.....

Love to all....... Carolyn
Old 12-17-2002, 11:42 AM   #18  

Howdy Ladies!

Sorry for not posting in a while, we've been hit with all sorts of terrible storms here on the west coast. Our power keeps going out for hours on end (repeatedly). I think Sunday night was the worst ....the wind kept me up most of the night (72 mile an hour winds) and I was praying that nothing would fly through the windows. It's pretty sunny at the moment but they are expecting two more storms starting on Thursday. It rained 16 inches at my Parents' house (Napa Valley) but luckily, they are high enough that they are not flooded.

Not much to report, still going to Curves 4 times a week I get weighed and measured today....I'm not looking forward to this one, I can tell that the holidays are catching up to me! I'll let you guys know what my "results" are.

CJ- Your Christmas village is so nice! You are quite the "Martha Stewart" of Christmas aren't you!

Carolyn- Glad to hear that your family is doing well. I hope your feet feel better, there is nothing like having Mom around to take care of you. Glad t hear that Joanna has found happiness. You sound like quite the entertaining, social butterfly! Another Martha Stewart!

Well ladies, I'm off to do some laundry now that we have some power (for the time being) and then off to Curves!

Have a great day!

Sylvia
Old 12-20-2002, 07:17 AM   #19  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Oh woe is me!! I have sat around so long I think I have gained back all the weight I lost this year.

Well, the new year will be starting pretty soon and time for new plans and promises. I do it every year, why should this one be any different?

Christmas shopping is all done. Had to leave out a lot of people this year. Just not enough money to buy all the gifts I used to buy. Feeling pretty low down and depressed, can you tell?

Still quilting up a storm. Trying hand quilting now. Looks great but my fingers are so sore! Must have a million needle holes in each fingertip!

The house is in need of a good cleaning, but who cares? Noone here except Tommy and me, and if he gets tired of the house being dirty he can clean it!

Hugs, Judy
Old 12-20-2002, 08:09 AM   #20  

Hi everyone, I'm still around! Life is very busy with two kids under two, preparing for Christmas and oh yeh, did I mention I'm getting married on Christmas Eve?

I promise to pop in between Christmas and New Years - in time to set some resolutions!

Love to everyone, may you have a safe and merry Christmas.
Sam

183 (9m pg)/152/132
Old 12-20-2002, 06:53 PM   #21  

CJ,

I hope you remember me.This is Sherry.I used to post here a while back.I post regular on another forum but I do come here sometimes and read ya'lls and see how ya'll are.I often think about all of you.After the holidays if it's ok I may post here again with ya'll.How is Sharon? I miss her a lot too.

I ALSO thought I would sing a little song to you:

Happy Birthday To You...........Happy Birthday To You..........Happy Birthday Dear CJ..........Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!

I hope you have a great day!!!!!!
Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 12-23-2002, 11:16 PM   #22  

Hi Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello. I'll try to post more later after I'm done with my gift wrapping! I was sent this little piece of inspiration and thought I would share it with all of you! Hopefully, it will motivate all of us!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Five things that you can do today that will jump start you on the path of self-improvement through self-motivation:

1. Drink 64 ounces of water each day.
2. Adopt a healthy eating plan that includes fruits, veggies, proteins, whole grains and fiber and dairy.
3. Get your body moving. Depending on what fitness level you are at...kick it up a notch.
Push yourself and do more than you did yesterday or last week!
4. Focus on the positive traits that you have and work to improve those that are negative.
5. Get a library of positive motivational tapes and books. Read and listen to them everyday... it will replace any negative self-talk with positive thoughts!
Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions and your actions become YOU!
If you would like to get some great motivational tapes!
Sincerely, Carpe Diet
REWARD YOURSELF!
If you followed the change for yourself for the past
month, you need to give yourself a reward. Try making a walk in the mall window shopping something you "GET TO DO" as a fun reward! If you spend money on yourself, make it special by parking further away to give you an energizing walk!
Here are a few of my rewards: a movie, massage, manicure, visit to the Museum, a long walk in the park, walk the longest distance in a mall to buy a new CD, buy a new blouse or hat, visit a nursing home, go to the zoo, science center, volunteer to count chads (kidding!) etc.... Remember keep it simple and easy in order that permanent habits will be developed - AND YOU WILL WIN!!
Getting Started?... Start with one simple action---
Start by changing one thing about your daily life-- developing one good habit!
WHAT TO ADD ---
* Carry a 12 oz. water bottle with you at all times, and dink 4-6 bottles of water each day.
* Try exercising each morning in a small way - 45 sit-ups or 10 minutes of stretching
WHAT TO SUBTRACT ---
Find the food or drink that you consume fairly regularly
(minimum once per every two days), that has THE MOST CALORIES (for many, regular soda would be it), and make a goal for this month that you will just do without it, or better said let it do without you!
Old 12-24-2002, 09:10 AM   #23  
CJ

THANK YOU SHERRY! You are a sweetie - remembering my birthday? Thank You. And it's so good to hear from you .. goodie, will be looking for your posts after the 1st of the year! AND ... if my memory serves me right, you have a b'day coming up too on the 28th of this month? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU in advance .. since I most likely will not be on then to post .. going out of town and have my daughter and SIL from Kansas staying here with us now for Christmas - yippee!

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and hope to see all of you back here after the 1st of the year (or before) so we can all start the new year out right - with all our friends here.

Dreamer: Congrats on getting married - hope you have a long and happy marriage. Stay in touch!

Well ... I hear my family stirring so off I go! Have to get things ready for tonite and tomorrows dinner ... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Love, CJ
Old 12-26-2002, 10:20 PM   #24  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi all!!!

Just checking in for a minute....

CJ - your village is beautiful... for some reason the picture didn't show up last time I posted.... and Happy Birthday to you... belated... but still wishing you a happy one...

Dreamer - Congrats to you on your marriage how wonderful... wishing you good health in the new year too....

Sylvia - Good for you on your Curves program..... go girl... do it for both of us... I am lagging behind a bit... but not gaining like I was, not losing either... still 10 pounds up.... I am now wondering if its my cholesterol medicine...??? Ever since I started on Lipitor I have been eating everything in sight it seems....

Will post again tomorrow from work... I just came home from mom and dad's and I am heading off to bed, my own bed...... emmmm...

Sherry - Happy Birthday to you too.....

Love to all.....
Carolyn
Old 12-28-2002, 09:01 AM   #25  
CJ

Just a quickie here to say hello! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I hope Santa was good to everyone! I enjoyed mine even more since my daughter and son-in-law were here from Kansas! They are home now and we are packing our stuff to go to the cabin for a couple of weeks. The New Year is right around the corner - any resolutions anyone? I'm going to do the usual - get focussed once again on myself in the weight department - and stay focussed! I do hope we get this group going strong once again -- it does not have to be "big" to be successful, just consistant posting and support! So come on gals, let's do it ok? I'm going to start a weekly weigh-in post after the 1st of the year - sure hope some of you join me. Only this time, instead of giving me your weight, you will just post it yourself under the weekly thread. So .... get ready! This is going to be "our year"!

Well ... I will be back before New Years I'm sure ... until then, take care everyone.

Love, CJ
Old 12-29-2002, 02:51 AM   #26  

How was Christmas everyone? I'm looking forward to starting a fresh health wise in 2003 - who's with me?

Sam (now married!)
183/150/130
Old 12-29-2002, 06:54 AM   #27  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!

Sam, congradulations on your marriage, wishing you many years of happiness!

Tommy likes to cook like Cal did, so it's gonna be hard for me to get back on track. I know it's a case of not just wanting to lose weight now, it's a case of having to lose or else start planning on ill health all this year.

I don't remember if I told you or not, but.....Allura, my grandaughter is back with her mother! My daughter has done so well starting her life over in Neb. staying clean and sober, and even working two jobs, that my son agreed to give custody back to her. Everybody had a very merry Christmas this year!

My son and his pregnant wife and daughter and cat and dog are on their way to Norfolk Va. The next couple of years will be sea duty for him and the George Washington (the ship he'll be on) is home ported there. I heard on the news yesterday that the ship is going back to the gulf very soon. Scares the **** out of me but I'm proud of him for duing his duty.

He just finished special schooling in Great Lakes ILL. Finished number one in his class, makes his mama awfully proud! An official computer nerd now, he says! I guess he will have a hand at the computer operated ship controls. WOW!!! What an awesome responsibility! That's my baby!!!

Everybody have a safe New Year's Eve and a wonderful new year!
I expect to see a lot more of the old gang back here after the first! I'm counting on you!

Hugs, Judy
Old 12-29-2002, 11:16 AM   #28  
CJ

Hi everyone! Another quickie here just to say hello.

Dreamer: Congrats again on your marriage - may you have lots and lots of happy years - like, FOREVER!

Judy: Good news on your daughter and son! You should be proud! Glad to see you posting - keep it up! We need to get this group going again!

I started a January Challenge thread ... anyone care to join me? Well, get on over to the thread and sign in!

Well ... we are here at the cabin for a couple of weeks. Will check back in later ... Should be hearing from Sharon pretty soon - they finally have their computer up and running again ..HURRY BACK SHARON - WE MISS YOU!

OK ... until later
Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 12-29-2002 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:50 AM   #29  

Hi Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello....I have to jump in the shower and get ready for work (only working a half day today). I just wanted to wish all of you and your families a Happy, Safe and Healthy New Year!

I'll be back later on to post some more and the results of my Weigh in and measurements!

Chat with ya ladies later!

Sylvia
Old 12-31-2002, 01:32 PM   #30  
CJ

Glad to hear from you Sylvia - sorry you had to work today, but glad it's only for 1/2 day. Good luck on your weigh-in and measurements - let us know! I have been trying to get back to journaling so I can start the 1st of the year off to a good start .. doing so-so ... but really have not been eating all that much - going out to dinner tonite for New Years with friends - then in early where it is safe and sound. We are up here at our cabin in the woods and it is soooooo cozy.

Hope everyone has a great New Years! Remember - tomorrow is the 1st day of the new year and we all want to get healthier (and skinnier) in the year 2003!

Hmmmmm ... this is the 29th post so guess I shall go start a new thread .... So STOP! No more posting here ... go to the new thread - #91 .... See ya there!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread