Back in Kindergarten #95

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Hello and to the Back In Kindergarten thread!
  • wtg Cristina!!

I am very grrd at the moment....hubby was mad I went to a baby shower today....I didn't mark it on the calender, but had told him about it....then Teri was suppossed to be around to have Dom dropped off at one, but her and JR decided last night would be the night to go out and drink...she finally calls me at the shower and asks if I am mad, I say yes, rarely do I ask to do ANYTHING by myself, so instead of saying she's sorry she turns it into I don't want to take Dom to things any more....I took Dom with me, it was no fun for him which is why I didnt want to take him...I ended up leaving early...

so my selfish daughter and arse of a husband have once again taken something from me that should have been a fun time...AGAIN...
  • Monday..laundry day. It is almost all done. I am just slow today. Hate the weather, hate more snow and cold. Feel like a big grouch!! I have CABIN fever really bad..even though I did go out to the grocery store Sat. I have done nothing FUN for such a long time.

Mom is doing real well and enjoying being home. She has her appetite back and is getting stronger. I just hope she can stay healthy this time. I am personally tired of the hospital, and I know she is too. The nurses all know us anyway and they treat us well. LOL

Gotta go..going to clean out my closet today and get a nice bunch of junk for Goodwill. I am so tired of having all different sized clothes. Not gonna save anything that doesn't fit. WI was a joke and has been bad....I feel like a bigggg failure there.

Jules- Your DH sounds so much like mine used to be. He has mellowed out a bit with retirement. But even last night my best friend called and he had to make a comment about me being on the phone so long. It wasn't like he wanted me to do anything else, he just can't figure out how we can talk that long. I just told him we could have talked twice that long if she hadn't had to go. LOL
    I don't know what to tell you about Teri. Looks like time for mama to put her foot down. Good luck.

Cristina..Way to go on the weight loss. I can't get going at all. Good luck!!
  • Hey All!

Nothing new here. Just snow and more snow and more cold! BLAH! lol. I think I'm ready for spring already!

Big to all of you!

Found this quote and had to share with you all!!

"True friends love you for who you are, yet inspire you to be so much more!!!" <3
  • I have no life..so nothing new.
    But mom did see the back surgeon today. He is thrilled with her progress and will only see her 1 more time if all is still well.
    If she hadn't been knocked back with the pneumonia and flu bug I think she would be much stronger by now. But she is doing quite well as it is. Walking with just the cane now instead of the wheelchair and/or walker.

I am going to iron....ugh.
  • I dunno why, but I always feel guilty coming on here when I'm not on track, lol! I hang out in general, so I don't feel totally bad. Last week was so stressful & my eating was complete crap. I'm back on track today..so hopefully things will get better. The good news is, I haven't gained any weight. I'm pretty good at maintaining my weight. I hate that! It makes it that much harder to work it off. But I'm FINALLY going to join the gym today. Things got really messed up last week, and I didn't get the chance.

Anyhoo..nothing much is new here. I bought concert tickets for New Kids on the Block & BSB. My friend & I get to meet them!! Yay!! I also bought tickets to see Katy Perry, and my bestie & I get to meet her, LOL!! I'm very very excited about both concerts!

Anyhoo..I'm going to go now..
  • Francie- I also feel guilty coming here when I am not/have not been able to stick with anything (weight loss) for years. I just keep hoping that some day some way it will sink in. ..sigh..

Didn't you start WW's? Good luck on getting back on track and with the gym. Wow on the concerts. Of course, being over the hill, those groups do not appeal to me..nor does Katy Perry. But I know you will have a great time at them. DO you buy a special package to get to meet the artists?

Nothing going on here.....
  • Sue~ I feel like a failure for not losing weight..even though I eat right, and exercise every day. Did you see the commerical for The Biggest Loser, the one about the twins? That made me feel terrible. The voice over was like you can have the best trainers, the best meal plan and then this happens. And it shows a clip of the twins with a weight gain or something. That is how it is for me!! Ugh..

Ya, I'm doing WW. I'm having trouble with it. I can never find any of the food I'm making. Like, last night..I had a pulled pork sandwich, that I picked it up at Whole Foods. (I picked out pulled pork, mashed potatoes, and rice) But I couldn't find anything like that in the foods!! And it didn't have any nutrition facts, so I couldn't put it in myself. The only listings for pulled pork were from restaurants!!! I just hate it when it does that. I dunno..I'm thinking about talking to my doc about losing weight. See if she has any recommendations, other than "eat right, and exercise" lol!!

I do buy a special package for the concerts. I just came to know about it though. It's through a website called, I Love All Access (ILAA). It gives you packages with extremely cool deals!! Like a pre-party, meet & greets, photo ops, etc. I just wish this was around when I was a teenager, lol!! You had to win tickets from the radio just to meet the bands, lol!!

Anyways...I had a bad night. Too many things on my mind. I don't even feel sleepy right now, lol!! I'm going to play those stupid Facebook games. I was re-organizing my city in Cityville, from midnight to 4am!!! What a total waste of time!! Oh..hubs & I are in this weird rut. I don't feel like reading, and he doesn't feel like playing video games. So now I'm playing computer games, and he's reading. The roles reversed, totally weird & funny!!
  • Cristina- I never get tired of eating out...get tired of cooking. Of course, we haven't gone out much since Christmas. If I missed it..tell me, when are you moving? and where is it that it is 25 miles from civilization? lol I knew your hubby got laid off, but didn't know you had found a place and all that....but I have missed a lot lately. Anyway, I hope you will have somewhere to get out and walk. I know you love that!

Francie- Hope tonight is better for ya. I know how a person can get caught up in the FB games. I am gonna get rid of my farms and just play the daily games. I like video poker and black jack right now and always Jeopardy and Wheel.

Nurse was here and thought mom was doing real well. She sees her GP on Friday. Hope all is well there also. I think she is doing awesome.
  • I really cant seem to get otivated as much as my brain tells me I have too. I am very glad for the friendships and support I get from this thread and all of you.
  • Sounds like we are all in a weight loss funk. Let's agree to have our "pity party" and moan and itch all week-end then come back in here Monday ready to GO GO GO.

I think I can do that...as I think mom will need me less by Monday and I can think of myself more..

Are you all with me????
  • Hello everyone

Just popping in to say a quick hello to everyone before I run to town.

for everyone.
  • My internet & cable is finally back on!! It went out last night, with only 20 mins left of Off The Map!! I was sooo mad, lol!! I ended up reading & doing my nails until I got sleepy. Then today was super boring!! I read more, and fell asleep, lol!! I was going to play Zumba, but I had no idea how to hook up the Xbox360. We ended up going to Target to buy a movie, and didn't find anything interesting, lol! So instead of driving a half an hour to Walmart, we bought season 1 of NCIS, from Borders, lol! I miss the days where The Warehouse & Suncoast was in every mall. But the internet is back on, and I have a lot of gameplay to catch up on. I just feel terrible for the people who are without power. I read that it probably won't be back on until SUNDAY!! I cannot imagine how they are surviving without a heater. It gets so cold at night. I'm praying that the electricity is turned on soon!!

Cristina- Barney still comes on?? Wow, I don't think my kids will ever watch that, lol! When that show first came out, we always changed the lyrics into something really terrible. Haha!! I want to see Elmo!! I saw some billboards for Disney on Ice, and I really wanted to go, lol!! You saw Elton John & Billy Joel???? NICE!!! We wanted to see Paul McCartney, but Fonzo ended up having duty that night.

Sue~ I L-O-V-E Bingo!! LoL!! I used to play it all the time on pogo. But it's on FB now, so I'm loving that! I love playing Wheel of Fortune too. I'm crazy good at that game. My grandma banned me from watching it with her, because I was always right, lol!! But yet, I suck at Scrabble..I dunno what is up with that, lol!

OKay..time to go check in with my games. I bet all my crops in Cityville & Paradise Island are dead. I bet all the trees I chopped down in Ravenwood Fair have grown back too. Ugh. I'm a serious nerd huh??

Oh..this is really off topic..but do eye glass store sell cat glasses?? I really really want some!
  • Cristian- I read back..forgot to ask you how you are liking the work or if you have gotten started yet. Still didn't read where you are moving to.... Way to go on the exercise. I tell you after having Mason for 4 hours I think the days you have Lily must be counted as exercise. He seriously wears me out, but he is so sweet. I love having him and had to turn it down for today due to mom's dr. appt.

Francie- Yikes, I can't imagine being cold with the utilities off. DH is thinking of getting a generator..just in case that would happen here. He and I could probably handle it, but with mom I think we need to take every precaution. We actually even turned our thermostat up this winter..and some nights it gets too warm for me. I like a cool bedroom to sleep, but can't stand to be cold during the day.

Woke up to more snow......it is getting tiresome. LOL
    Nothing exciting going on..taking mom to the Dr. this afternoon. The therapist was pleased with her and won't be back unless we call for some reason. I think the nurse comes for 1 more week.

Have a good week-end ladies....I doubt we do anything here, but ya'll have fun!
  • Cristina~ An ice storm? Scary! It was raining ice last week. I've never seen that before, lol! Where did you get your glasses at?? I told Fonzo I want some, but with those lenses that get darker in the sunlight. That way I can wear them as sunglasses, lol!

Sue~ After the electricity went out last summer, and we almost melted..we bought a generator. Fonzo was talking about getting some space heaters, but those make me so nervous! I like a cool bedroom too. I hate waking up feeling dried out.

It's snowing again. Fonzo said it's going to snow more. We're staying in this weekend for sure.