Old 04-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #91  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up

Good morning! *yawn* I am up. Slept pretty well but am tired, maybe fighting off something or other. Shall try to take it easyish today, get in some rest periods, and make it an early night tonight.

They're calling for SNOW today Really. I did not approve this. Supposed to be milder and buckets tomorrow and get rid of it. Ah, spring in the maritimes!

Yes, the performance is coming right up! I've practiced a lot for it because the music is so difficult and the practice files for it less helpful than is sometimes the case. We practiced in the church where the performance is Monday night and sounds beautiful.

Ohhhh... more excitement -- I've signed on to do Carmina Burana in July.

Anagram, I'm loving the sounds of your new spa/pool. I'm back to Halifax next week and will remember my swimsuit this time to take advantage of the sauna and hot tub.

I've got a mob coming for Easter, family and friends. I'll do a turkey and a ham and cake and people are bringing salads, appetizers, etc. 'Twill still be wild but should be fun. It'll be my first big party wine-free (off limits since I'm limiting carbs) in recent times. Have a wonderful visit in PVille!

Kat, congrats on your lowest weight in 12 years -- that's phenomenal! And 48 pounds is 1/3 of the way, so very substantial.

Golfing always sounds like it would be a very pleasant way to spend a few hours on a nice day, playing, chatting, walking. Congrats on the woggle, too!

WSW Hope all is well!

K, Lovelies, time for me to have my steel-cut oats and hit the deck. Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 04-20-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #92  

I hope you've been succesful, Arabella, in fighting off the 'whatevers'. You've got to be up to the musical challenge. And wow, is that next one really a challenge. Only listened (so far) to first 20 minutes or so but it is just wonderful music. Maybe the rest later today after grocery run.

Enjoy your Easter crew too. I'll be taking my people out to eat - well, they drive but I'm paying

Saw "Footloose" yeserday at local summer theater. Loved the music and the cast was so talented. Didn't rain yesterday as much as predicted and it was sort of balmy. Today cooler but sunny. We're getting there, folks, just like w/the weight loss.

At 197.4 yesterday, 198.4 today - expected worse today. I also think I'm finding a few more "curves" since I'm back to pool workouts.

Anyway I'm looking forward to more jelly beans........and then the garage sale. Working on the closet my DS calls "the archeological dig". Wondered what had happened to some of those items. Not getting rid of a lot but any is progress. And some things will go to other places with like items so at least I'll know where they are.

So off I go. Groceries soon - been waiting to see if a riend calls needing a ride home from dr. She surely must be done by now. But making good use of the waiting time.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #93  
wsw

Happy Easter, royals!

kat-congrats on that marvelous weight loss! hitting your lowest weight in 12 years---what a marvelous accomplishment!

hi anagram!

greetings arabella!

thinking of you all, and hoping everyone is having a pleasant holiday weekend. take care.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #94  
a work in progress...

A late pop in, to be sure, but I realized today that I haven't been by in over a week now! Hoping all had a lovely Easter. Our weather here was very cooperative, especially after a particularly nasty Saturday! Family gathered at Mom's, something we just don't seem to do too often anymore, so it was very nice. Despite the incredible amount of food, I made some good choices and left room for dessert as well. Didn't go home with the usual, "oh well, tomorrow's Monday..." feeling!

Arabella... What a beautiful, and BOLD, selection of music! I didn't recognize the name, but once I listended to it, realized that I've heard it many times before... in movies, especially. Then I had to Google it to learn more... it has been used in countless movies, commercials, sporting events, etc! Now when I hear it again, I will know the name, and it will remind me of you!

Anagram, I have several of those archeological sites 'round here as well! Must get my pick ax to work on a few of 'em!

Hi wsw, hoping that you are feeling much improved these days!

Time for bed for me... I guess that pile of clothes that I was going to fold will have to wait for morning... too late now!

Sweet dreams, s!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-28-2011 at 01:05 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #95  

Good morning, Queenlies! I'm having a less enjoyable Halifax week -- combination of the relentlessly cold and rainy weather with stupid end o'month workathon. Bah! I'll be glad to get home again. Off for a walk in the shortly.

I had a massive party on Sunday with family and friends and managed to have not a drink nor a questionable bite. In fact, was pretty much too busy feeding people to eat. By the end of the day (and the next day, too) I was revisited by what it felt like to work a busy, busy shift waiting on tables. Ouch!

Anagram, congrats on getting into archaeological dig! In my party prep I actually cleared out a couple of persistent "hot spots" (as fly lady calls them) that haven't been uncluttered in, um, forever.

Thinking that's got to be a good sign. On the whole, I think I'm feeling less overwhelmed, more proactive as a result.

WSW, so nice to see you! Hope your Easter was nice. How are you feeling?

Kat, I didn't know the music before I Googled it but, yes, so immediately recognizable and SO thrilling! Rehearsals start on Monday. I've ordered a practice CD so I'll be able to scare the cat while I cook and clean.

Right, then. Time for me to get out there and actually walk the walk. Let's make this a good one, ies!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #96  

Yikes - what a a week (or two) it's been. Glad all had good holiday and sorry Halifax not quite up to par this time, Arabella. Nexttime.

Still doing strange weather things here. Up to 84 degrees, lots of rain/thunder now in area but not exactly my neighborhood. Strange, eerie light outside. Tomorrow, back to cool.

Mixed success on garage sale. Moved stuff first day, nothing next day. Have since freecycled some stuff. Garage still a mess - BUT nothing comes back into house.

I wasn't too bad this Easter - relatively speaking. Went to Mass at Basilica of Immaculate Conception in DC with DD and family. Lovely. then met up w/DS&DSIL for lunch. Overall good.

Last Tuesday weigh in not bad but Wed/Thurs saw that dreaded "2" again. Yesterday and today @196.6 so happier.

Will be having only one tai chi class a week until July - budget cuts. Hit pool today and had a good workout though.

In one of my "too tired to live" modes. Think I overdid last week - mebbe. Easier day tomorrow.

So on to spring it is, I hope. Pink dogwood, azaleas, candytuft and pink/white tulips doing their annual display and getting me compliments. Have done little yard work - too much rain but strangely blossoms are still on trees despite high winds.

Looking forward to the next holiday

Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #97  

Hello my friends!

Suddenly, I just had to be in the palace. I cannot explain why I have been unable to get here sooner but suddenly, I had the words.

I only took a fast look at the most recent posts so I am still, far, far out of the loop.

I finally feel ready to start addressing my weight issues. I ran out of ice cream about 4 days ago and because I didn't want to shop, I've been eating yogurt with frozen blueberries and realized I was just as satisfied.

I do not have a specific plan in mind, am leaning towards less meat, etc but for reasons you probably know, am nervous about soy right now. I realize I had arguments about how the soy/cancer connection was over dramatized but I am still nervous.

I am also relearning how to shop for groceries...................................the only thing I can consistenly buy in bulk is dog food....by the way, I have two pound rescues ....much bigger dogs than we ever h ad before but when we lost our beagle over Thanksgiving, my DH began saying "Next dog should be a lab"...........at the time, I thought a big dog would be too much w/ everything else but about 2 weeks later, I knew why he wanted me to have a bigger dog. When I made inquiries, the 2 dogs had been living together but their owner had been ill and passed. At the time, it felt as though it was a gift from the universe and I am enjoying their company.

I am sending a photo, I hope it is big enought so that you can see them. Although they would love to push that door, they never do. They are so well behaved they just stand there. Now, if they thought I was in trouble, I am sure they would come right thru the glass!

Thanks for listening. I look forward to spending more time in the Palace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hummer and Chammie 1.16.2011.jpg (8.1 KB, 6 views)
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #98  

Oh, Kaylets, how good to "see" you. Welcome back to the haven of the Palace.

How great the story of your two rescues. Just when you needed them, they needed you. And that you had that "direction"....

The grocery store adjustment is a big one - in some ways I'm still making it but I clearly remember the day I was walking through a store and realized "I don't need to buy that anymore".

I hope spring is helping too. Sort of a coming back to life all around.

Anyway, welcome, and I hope you can find us regularly. Don't focus on weight yet - just health and stregnth.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #99  

Thanks Anagram!!

Yes, I can so well relate to your shopping experience..... I saw a very good sale on something and hurried to it, thinking "how many should I get?" and then reaized, it was something I really didn't enjoy, that it was DH's favorite.

Funny how our brains work....then I thought " But it's on sale".......
I didn't buy them but it was a moment of clarity about how slow our minds are too process some of these changes in our lives.

I did see your post about Mass at the Basicalla. It is so beautiful there, I am looking forward to going there this summer. We were there last spring, visting DH's elderly uncle who knows every inch of the Basicalla. It was a very moving experience for me.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #100  

Thumbs up

There's our Kaylets back in the Palace -- what a nice surprise!

A big congratulations on your dogs. How touching that your DH wanted you to get a lab, too. Dogs are such noble creatures and none more so than labs. They'll be such faithful companions and love you and protect you, just as DH wanted.

Frozen fruit and yogurt makes a great sweet treat! Sometimes I drop it in the blender with a little xylitol and it's really like ice cream, but fresher and more flavorful.

Anagram, your spring display sounds glorious! Ours is still a little ways off but there are lots of things coming up and coming to life. The forsythia has a few blossoms, tulips getting ready to open, forget-me-nots on their way. I think this is the year I get into gardening and finally get these beds the way I want them. They really do look beautiful in spring but I want to extend the beauty through the seasons.

SO much going on here -- we've bought a car to facilitate DH driving to Halifax every second week. DH is there now and will be looking at a condo tomorrow evening. I hope we get it -- it's right on the waterfront, downtown, and the building has a fitness center, a rooftop patio, and a sauna.

I had my first rehearsal for Carmina Burana Monday night. It's going to be SO thrilling to sing! My other big news is that I actually started hot yoga on Monday.(Monday was quite the day, it was, between buying cars, looking for apts/condos, choir and hot yoga. Oh, and that pesky work. Whew.) Hot yoga is much more rigourous than I expected but I guess it's all in aid of building heat in the body, detoxing and healing physical systems. I bought a month pass and will try to go every day. So far, so good...

DGS is here and it's time to scramble the green eggs a neighbour brought to the Easter party...

Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-05-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #101  

Good Morning Royals,

Took a few minutes to read some earlier postings and am looking forward to reading your submission WoodNymph and listening to the music too.

Reading the posts made me realize how much I have missed the palace and am so glad to have the palace still here.

I am still very motivated to get a few days of better eating strung together-- looking forward to when I begin to feel the effects. I even went out after supper last night to find some bananas and cottage cheese.

Also, just to see what I could see, I gave the WW's site a once-over and was pleasantly suprised to see their new plan counts quite a few fruits and vegetables as ZERO points..........
This time around, I do not think I will be joining WW's and honestly, will get on the scale whenever I feel I want to get on the scale. Last time (amazing that its 6 yrs according to my avatar!), I became nearly obssesed with a goal that is about 10 that is too much for me to meet, impossible to maintain.
I would have to make a dramatic lifestyle change ( and stay tuned!) with lots of bikeriding, etc,etc.

What thing for sure about having been thru this before, I know my favorite foods and am looking forward to some of them too.

I am toying with avoiding all artifical sweetners. I have been experimenting for awhile now, I am using real sugar in my coffee and I swear, I do not have the cravings I experience with some artificial. Any advice ??

Recvd a call yesterday inviting me to 6 week grief support group. I decided to join as I just finished another but believe it or not, I was the only widow, everyone else had lost a parent or sibling.

Yesterday felt like as though I had put a paddle into the water and begun to move away from the dock.

The Royal Cruise if you will.

Yes, I agree, looking forward to making this a good eating day.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #102  

Lots of activity there, Arabella. Never know how you manage to do so much. New car and conddo both will make life easier, I'd think. And you'll be working a bit more out of Halifax, methinks.

And still glad to have Kaylets "home" in the Palace. I did 3 6-wk programs, Kaylets, pretty much overlapping. The least effective for me was one where it was only moi and a young woman grieving her Mom. I was sort of "forced into a pseudo-mom role and that was not what I needed at the time. The other two groups left me with a few new friends. One in particular has been a mainstay of my life since. She often comments how different we are (and I agree) and that we would not likely have become friends if it weren't for the circumstances.

Loverly day here today - went to a luncheon where I acquired a Gerbera daisy so needed to go out and plant that. Did about ten minutes of yard work but that was good. I'm going through a "peak-ed" stage again so am trying to convince me I can take it easy a bit and the world will not fall apart.

How nice to have had a guide at the Basilica, Kaylets. If you get back, there is an interesting Franciscan Monastery in the neighborhood that I'd love to see again. I first went to the B. on my honeymoon and the last time I had been there was when DD graduated from law school there. All nice memoiries.

After such a good lunch, am trying to decide what I should do about "dinner" which won't be a dinner, for sure.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #103  

Lovely morning again. Maybe there's hope spring is really here. Car in for maintenance this a.m. and maybe a little grocery trip. DS/DDIL coming tomorrow and I won't need much but I do like to "customize". These are my healthy eaters so it won't be anything I should not eat myself.

Got word last night that Princess 15 was elected class president. She always has me bursting out of my Granny-britches. She's coming within a half hour of me today on a field trip and I'm chomping at the bit that she'll be that close and I won't get to see her. Ah, well. .. P-10 was hit on the head by a basketball and they think has a mild concussion so she's lying low for now.

Yard play is calling me and I hope to do at least a little today.

A walk would be nice too - maybe towards evening. No tai chi today I do have CD and could do it that way too but it's not as fun.

Well, Royal Ones, up and at 'em I go.

Last edited by anagram; 05-06-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #104  

Lovely Saturday here. Hope to do a tiny bit of yard work. Awaiting DS/DSIL but they aren't likely to come until later. Having that "feel like I' fighting something off" feeling so have decided to give me the gift of a leisurely day (again? ).

197.6 this a.m. so happy enough w/that. The Royal Cruise sounds like a pleasant approach, Kaylets.

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY to those of that persuasion and a lovely Royal Weekend to one and all.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #105  

Default Saturday!

Okey-doke -- walked over to hot yoga and back so have a 90-minute class and most of my steps in for today. Holy smokes -- gotta say, hot yoga is just about doing me in. I'm sure I'll get used to it as my strength increases but... wow. It is some kind of intense. I'm okay with the , but the yoga itself is very rigourous. I knew on one level that it would be but on another level, I think I expected gentle stretches in the heat. Um. No. They do this "flow" series that goes from downward dog to plank to upward dog to downward dog, each held and the whole sequence repeated for quite a while. Yow. But -- hey! -- think what shape I'll be in eventually, assuming I survive.

I'm enjoying a very girly look right now -- my toenails are painted this colour and my fingernails are painted this colour.

Anagram, thanks for the encouragement -- I never, ever feel like I'm doing enough. Maybe I need to adjust my attitude. Hmmm... I never thought of that. No wonder I don't get everything done. Have a lovely visit with the kids!

Kaylets, I love the royal cruise idea! Let's adopt it for our next thread. Just what we need, I think.

I don't use artificial sweeteners but also try to stay away from sugar. I like xylitol. It's a zero carb sugar alcohol that tastes like sugar except it doesn't have the raunchy aftertaste. I think if I were choosing between sugar and artificial, I'd go for the sugar though.

K, it's almost time for the royal nap. I trust the cabin boy has been in to fluff the cabin.

Happy Mother's Day, Royals! Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-07-2011 at 12:34 PM.