The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #4

You're on Page 6 of 35
Go to
  • Susie-I am totally with you on the cleaning stuff! If I know there is something that needs to be done at home I worry about it until I gets done.

Liz- I am sorry that working from home isn't working out to well. It has to be a big adjustment for you and the kids. I hope the new things you are trying works out for all of you.

Carri- Can't wait to hear your good news on weigh in day!! We are expecting the snow here tomorrow too....I am so over it lol I am sure there will be another snow day Friday so it's just going to be tacked on at the end of the school year.

Not sure how weigh in will be for me this week since I haven't been counting since I have been busy taking care of the boys,many appts and a bunch of other stuff. It drives me nuts that I went to the dr yesterday for some stomach pain (I rarely go to the dr bc of no insurance) and he ordered me some meds for it....then I wake up this morning with a sore throat and ear pain REALLY?! So I can't afford to go back so I hope it goes away on its own. I am really tempted to contact Humana and see how much an individual plan is. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Hi all- I'm still reading, but since I haven't been able to get it together yet, I figured it's better not to post my misery too often.

Carri, we seem to get the same weather as you do, just a day later, so let me know if I'm going to work on Friday!

Hope everyone's doing well, OP, getting rid of sickness, and all that good stuff! I'll be back soon...
  • auntie g - Glad you're still around - although please feel free to vent if you need to, we are here to listen!

Mel - I'm so sorry you're dealing with even more illness! That must suck to have no insurance. I hope you find an individual plan that's not too pricey.

Hope everybody has a good day!
  • Morning All - glad we are back to a normal size page again...it was hard to read the posts when it was that wide

Yes, I drove into work slipping and sliding on the snow...already have a couple of inches and we are supposed to have it all day and into the evening...should be great for my drive home at 6:00 It would be nice if we would get to go home early but I highly doubt it

Auntie G - so glad to see you back on here...yes, feel free to come and vent here or even on my fb page...I know how sometimes it is quite needed

Mel - everyone better? Hope you are all on the mend.

So sometimes I go to www.allrecipes.com to look for dinner options...well I like to do alot of things in the crockpot during the winter when I am at work...I saw this recipe for roasting a whole chicken in the crockpot BUT you put balls of aluminum foil on the bottom of the crockpot ( with no liquid ) for the chicken to sit on top of...makes it more like a roaster with crisp skin instead of all soft when it sits in liquid ...I put one in before I left for work this morning so fingers crossed it is good and not too dry by the time I get home...I will let you guys know how it comes out ...I really need one of those flavor injector thingeys to get more flavor inside the bird and the actual meat...

Okay well better get back to work ....have a great day everyone !!!

Carri
  • Carri - Hope your commute's not too bad. That chicken sounds really interesting, let us know how it works out - I am planning on starting to use my crock pot soon!
  • Auntie- wb! Feel free to vent anytime you want!

Carri- Hope you have a safe trip home, its been snowing here all day too

Liz-Thanks for the well wishes! I am trying to feel better but its taking longer than I would like.

Another snow day here so the kids are home. Hoping we dont get so much that we cant do anything this weekend. Hope everyone is doing good!
  • I FINALLY got to the gym for a lunch time workout. It feels good to have it done for the day and it really does give me that energy boost in the afternoon.

So, I got on the scales this morning and it showed a 2 lb loss! YEAH!! I enjoyed changing my ticker.

Mel: Having no insurance sucks! Since you were just there yesterday do you think he would call you something in? I know it would still cost you at the Pharmacy but at least you wouldn't have the doctor bill too.

Liz: It's hard to work from home with little ones to care for. I have a friend who does it and her mother-in-law watches them a few hours in the morning and she works and then she stops for a bit in the afternoon and takes care of them, then when she puts them to bed (pretty early around 7:00 p.m.--they aren't in school), she goes back to working for a few hours.
    You were talking about the expense of WW, do you have a TOPS group that meets close to you? TOPS is VERY affordable.

Carri: I'm hoping the commute home won't be to bad for both of us! I don't freak out about the snow but I don't like to drive in it in the dark and it will be dark when you go home. :-( Glad to hear the scales are looking good for weigh-in.

Auntie G: So glad to see you post. Now, I don't think you have to have everything together and working well to post. Maybe posting something everyday would help you get back on plan? Is there anything we can do to help you? I think maybe picking one thing and working on it until you have it solid in place, then picking another thing might help? It has always helped me. I would feel like I had so much to do that I didn't know where to start, so I just picked one thing and started that. Make sense?

Ok..I better get back to work. Just needed to take a break from the PP presentation I was working on.
  • Susie - Wow you guys gets lots of snow, eh?? You would think I would get more - but I don't live in an area that gets tons I guess...just usually a few good snowfalls over the wintertime. I live by Lake Ontario so I think that means we get less.

Susie - Yes you know after I posted about the price of WW, I checked out TOPS and there's two groups I think that meet near me. I'm thinking of joining up...it's such an awkward time though, 6:15 for weigh in and then a 7pm meeting...right at the time my kids go to bed! But it might be good.
  • Susie- Congrats on the 2 lb loss!

We got about 3 inches of snow and they once again canceled school. At this rate my kids won't have a summer at all. It is currently 12 degrees and the kids really want to go play in the snow but we will see when DH gets home. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • Happy Friday! We ended up with 6 inches of snow and some ice this morning. The commute home last night was long..and this morning was scary with that ice...but I made it to work ok.

I have a busy weekend. We have a birthday party to attend Saturday afternoon--i'm trying to debate if I will have a piece of cake or not. I think I will, so I better plan it into my calories for the day.
    I have housework to get done and I received a lot of things in the mail and on email about my class that starts on Tuesday so I need to read through all of it so I know what I'm doing.

I have been thinking about how I don't get a workout in on the weekends. I'm ok with letting it go by on Saturday because the housework can count for some sort of a workout but on Sunday's I should do something. I used to go to the Y when they were open until 6 p.m. but now they close at 4 on Sunday's and if I go it feels like I didn't have any time to just unwind after church and getting lunch and things. I love to take a hour nap on Sunday's around 2:30. So, I think I'll pull out my WATP DVD and do it on Sunday after I get up from my nap and get moving again. Someone please hold me accountable to that please!

Mel: It is really cold isn't it? But I bet those kids would love to be out for a bit. It's sunny around our parts today..maybe that would help? Bundle everyone up and go out for about 30-45 minutes. Where I live there is this big hill in the middle of town and I KNOW it will be packed with kids and adults sleading today. It's fun to watch them.

Liz: When you are looking at the TOPS meeting, the 6:15 is the time that the weigh-in starts and generally you can get weighed anytime from 6:15-6:50 or some chapters will go right up to the meeting time, which in the case of the one you looked at would be 7. Maybe that would help if you were interested in it. You can always go to a TOPS meeting for free and check it out. I can tell you a lot about TOPS if you are interested. Just let me know and I'll send it to you in a PM.

Hope everyone has a great day. Looking forward to the Sat weigh-in reports. Hope to be cheering for all of us!
  • Susie - Sounds like a great plan to fit in a workout on Sundays! I'll ask you about it tomorrow. Hmm, that sounds good about TOPS, maybe I'll check it out - at least if the first one's free, that sounds good to me!

Mel - 12 sounds cold. Well it doesn't in celsius but in farenheit I bet it's chilly!! It's freezing here. I don't even want to walk the poor dog. But it's like -25 with wind chill, so she probably doesn't want to go either!

Well it's weigh in day ladies! I'm down 1 pound. Hope everybody has a great Saturday - as for me I have to go to walmart at some point. Tomorrow I'm taking Katie and meeting my friend at Casa Loma in Toronto, it's this really old mansion and you can take tours there. It'll be a workout as I'll be carrying Katie everywhere - lots of steep stairs and you can't really use a stroller. So that'll be good - when I'm getting tired I'll just keep thinking "I'm burning lots of calories!!".
  • Good morning. I spent most of my morning purging things in my home office filing cabinets and putting away all the papers I had stacked in this basket. I'm going to start putting papers away as they come in the mail, so that they are put away timely and everything is in its place. This will be important as I will be spending a lot of time in my home office in the evenings due to school.

I paid bills this morning (always stressful for everyone I think!). I have us on a budget and try to follow it pretty close, since our money is close!--who's isn't right?

I also have our grocery list for the week so that on the way home from the birthday party we can do that shopping.

I now need to get into the shower and get ready for the birthday party we have this afternoon at 2:30 and I want to clip coupons before we go too.

Why do I feel like I always have so much to do?!

My weigh-in report for this week is: I had a 2 lb loss for the week.

Liz: Great job on losing the 1 lb! Your Sunday plan sounds very nice--time with your friend, your baby and you get a workout in! Thanks for letting me know that tomorrow you will ask me about the Sunday workout. I am one who really needs to know that others are holding me accountable. I'm not good at keeping promises to myself but if someone else is holding me accountable I won't let them down.

Looking forward to reading everyone else's posts later on. I'm off to the shower--I think I"ll use some of the Victoria Secret body wash and lotion that a friend gave me for Christmas. I think it's important to pamper ourselfs every once in awhile!
  • Susie - Congrats on the 2 pounds!!! I always feel like there's a ton to do too. Drives me nuts at times. And yes I don't know too many people who aren't on a budget! We've kinda gone nuts the past few months what with Christmas and the kids' birthdays and stuff...but it's time to get back to it and save some money (and pay down some debt we have!). That pampering sounds really nice - definitely we can all use it at times! I like having accountability too - it really helps.

Well I just got the kids completely dressed up in snowsuits, got my boots on and dressed, got the dog ready, got out the double stroller, got them into it, walked one block and decided it was way too cold out! I didn't think it was that bad when we went to walmart but that wind is biting! Sigh. I can't wait for spring.
  • Susie and Liz- Congrats on the losses!

Weighed in at 193.6 Happy with the loss this week! Hope everyone has a great Saturday I am off to get ready to go out with the family!
  • WOO HOO Mel!!