3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/221347-onederland-express-hop-here-4-a.html)

tschaff04 01-16-2011 08:28 PM

mychoice2bfit- Yes, it's nice to have the ones I am comfortable with but I am glad I am branching out trying new things so I have new options. Especially snacks.

Tonight I am trying this thing I found on blog I really like. I am taking two small corn tortillas(2 points for both) and cutting them up then baking them to make my own corn chips(the ones in the store have WAY to much salt and are high in points) I am going to have them with some fat free salsa! Yum!

sept15lija 01-17-2011 08:39 AM

Mel - That's too bad about the puppy, but maybe for the best then. Puppies are really expensive without adding in a strange illness as soon as you get them. It does sound like perhaps it wasn't meant to be. I hope DH is OK with it.

Susie - Sounds good to me, if rest makes you feel calm and good, go for it!! I know I could use some rest from time to time.

T - I wish I could find some low calorie wraps, the lowest I can find are 90 calories and they're TINY. You guys have more options down there I think - or maybe I need to try a few different grocery stores or something. But thanks for the great ideas, I used to use salsa a lot, it is so good and so low calorie, I need to start using it more again!

Well I am a little dehydrated this morning, I had A LOT more beer than I had intended...lol but we had a great time. We do a sister's dinner once every few months usually - it's such a nice way to get away and spend some time with them. I didn't eat much but figure I took in about 800 calories in beer!! :o Thank goodness I don't do that very often!!

tschaff04 01-17-2011 09:46 AM

sept15lija- Aw, that sucks that you don't have a big variety of wraps up there. Do you all have Kroger? That's where I shop and get mine. I had to sit there last night and go through about 20 different brands/types of wraps before I found the one with the best nutritonal info for my needs. They only have 70 cals. It's these http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L7IBEEpWuG...+tortillas.JPG

Maybe you could order them online? They are SO yummy.

Glad to hear you had a good night with your beer. Holy cow 800 cals?? It's nuts to really see just how many cals we can take in with the things we drink. I never used to think about that. Probably how I got so fat. ;)

tschaff04 01-17-2011 09:47 AM

Holy woah!!! I didn't know that picture was going to post that HUUUUUGE. lol Sorry about that. It's the only one I could find online.

sept15lija 01-17-2011 09:51 AM

Wow T those are big wraps! Or at least the picture is big, haha. No but they're a lot bigger than the ones I can find. No we don't have Kroger. Oh well! Yes it is nuts how many calorie you can take in drinking...I never drink calories anymore (except a little milk in my tea) and of course the occasional alcoholic beverage!! :)

tschaff04 01-17-2011 10:07 AM

Lol, yeah that picture was a little out of control.

I never drink my calories anymore either. It was very hard for me when I first made a change to a healthier lifestyle 6 1/2 months ago. I drank nothing but soda, all day everyday. I might have taken a sip of water occasionally if it was all there was and it never seemed to quench my thirst. I cut soda out cold turkey and went to strictly water and it was SO hard at first. But now after 6 months I can't quench my thirst with anything but water. It's all I drink except for an occasional small glass of almond milk, or the occasional wine cooler. *shhh* lol

Satine 01-17-2011 10:53 AM

Morning Everyone ...had a good weekend and so glad I am off today...yesterday was a sad day though as I went to one of my best friends mom's memorial service...she had copd and then they found lung cancer, she went really quickly and my friend is having such a hard time with it, it is very sad...cant imagine losing my mom or dad ...so it was a hard time...but came home thankful that I still have my parents and for the health of myself and my loved ones.

T - I have loved the Laughing Cow cheese wedges for years, I love that they brought out those new flavors recently ...love the queso one, and I do the same thing you did with the tortilla ...how were the homemade tortilla chips? I have thought about doing that before...also on the wraps those are the same ones my dh eats, he does low carb most of the time and he loves those wraps...we only really shop at Kroger, is practically right beside our house and I love their sales.

Mel - sorry to hear that the puppy didnt work out but I do think it was for the best...hope he is alright.

Liz - swimming is great calorie burning exercise...doing it with a friend will be so much fun too. Glad you had fun on your girls night out. :)

Hi to Susie, Arabella, and Auntie G ....have a great day all.

Later,
Carri

MyChoice2bfit 01-17-2011 12:03 PM

Hi Ladies, I have the day off from work today and I am enjoying it. I'm home alone and it's so quiet in the house--I LOVE it! My DH is one who has the TV on all the time--turned in to sports of course. After awhile I feel like I could scream from it on all the time. Sometimes I have to ask him to turn it off for at least an hour. He's usually pretty accomadating.

I've been "pittling" around the house, picking up things, looking through files, purging things from them. I start back to school next week and I feel I need to have things in order and a schedule for myself in order to keep on track with school, work, and my weight-loss so I'm preparing for it.

I will be going to the Y tonight with my DH after he gets home from work for a 30 min walk and then some stretching. I have a dr's appt this afternoon and need to run to Walmart to get a birthday gift for a little friend who is having a b-day party this Saturday.

Have a great day everyone!

Satine 01-18-2011 10:13 AM

Morning All , rainy and dark here this morning ...perfect day to sleep in, wish this would have happened yesterday when i could sleep in, haha ...still doing really well with staying on point with my eating and staying within my Lose Fit calories...right now it says I can have about 1560 I think ...so I am using all of them up because soon they will take some away ...love that app !!!

Susie - congrats !! I just noticed on your weight tracker that you are out of the 3's ....good job !!! I too didnt do too much with my day off yesterday, just enjoyed doing nothing really ...ran to the store but that was about it.

Gonna be a high of 37 today, woo hoo :carrot: ...but then this weekend will be a high only in the teen's ...yikes ...

So I have a hard time coming up with stuff I actually want to eat for Breakfast here at work ...so I do like McDonalds Egg McMuffins so what I have been doing is buying 3-4 at a time and bringing them into work for my breakfasts and just re-heating one everyday ...it is perfect because I know I will eat it and it is only 300 cals and 18 grms of protein which is what I am really looking for in the morning. They warm up really well, I was surprised.

Well have a good day everyone, I gotta work till 6 so it is gonna be a long work day for me...see ya...

Carri

sept15lija 01-18-2011 11:13 AM

Carri - Does an egg mcmuffin fill you up OK? I wondered about trying one of those on the run but wasn't sure if I'd be full on it - mind you with 18 grams of protein it'd probably be fine! Sigh, then I could also have a McD's coffee -I love their coffee!

Susie - So you'll be doing school and work? You go girl!! What are you taking in school? I've been thinking about going back part-time maybe.

Satine 01-18-2011 11:16 AM

yeah, I wondered about that too, but it does really fill me up ...sure it is small but like you said with all the protein it stays with you ...not saying some mornings I dont want two of them, haha

Rtsmme4life 01-18-2011 11:48 AM

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been slacking but life has been crazy lately. I can not wait for it to be warm again so all this sickness will go away!

Looks like everyone is doing good. I scanned through everyones posts and hope to back on the ball soon! I took both the boys to the dr yesterday and they both ended up on antibiotics. Cody has an ear infection and Logan has a sinus infection. I have been doing better :knocks in wood: but my poor mom is pretty sick :(

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday,its a rainy day here with snow coming Thursday night. Fun fun!

MyChoice2bfit 01-19-2011 09:14 AM

Morning Everyone. I hate when I miss a day of posting and reading posts...this is my daily motivation and accountability. I am of the personality that needs both of those daily in order to reach my weight-loss goals.

So, yesterday was a chaotic day at work and due to poor planning on my manager's part for items he needed for a meeting, I missed being able to make my workout at work. I could have gone to the Y when I got home BUT, I hadn't been able to clean my bathroom over the weekend and it was driving me crazy, so I decided to clean it instead (when things are messy around me, I find myself eating to "calm" me--better to clean and miss exercise than to eat when I'm not really hungry!) I also got the home calendar caught up with birthday postings so I won't miss one, like I did this week! and also got other appointments on there so that things are in one place now.

It's very important to me to be organized.

So, I am going to the Y tonight to walk. At first I thought why bother, it's the first time you have worked out this week (didn't make it Monday eithier..DH came home sick and I was taking care of him--getting cold meds and such) and then I thought "I bother because it's the only way I will meet my weight-loss goals).

Did anyone watch BL last night? There was something that Allison said when they were doing that water challenge that I thought was a good "catch-phrase" for me to remember but I've already forgotten it. It was something about hard work. I guess maybe I could watch the episode online and get it?
I have a little dry erase board in my cube where I write things like that and I'd like to update it with what she said.

It looks like we have snow coming--which means that I might not have TOPS and that means another week of not weighing in. So, I'm going to start weighing myself at home every Thursday morning and that will be what I count as "official" for the week, at least until the weather gets better and we don't have to cancel meetings due to snow.

Rtsmme4life: I know I understand how life gets busy..especially when sickness happens. I want warm weather too! I hope you all get well soon.

Satine: Thanks for noticing my tracker. I too struggle with things for breakfast during the work week...I don't have a lot of time in the morning and I used to be able to eat ceral but now it makes my stomach upset (i think it's the milk but I wouldn't be interested in eating ceral without milk.) So, what I have been doing is I boil 5 eggs on Sunday night, and peel them, put them in a container and I also buy the greek yogurt and I have that in in the morning. Both give me a lot of protein and I feel full. You have given me a option with the egg mcmuffin, maybe my breakfast will give you another option.

sept15lija: Yes, I will be working full time and going to school as well. I'm working on finishing my BA in Business Management. I want to get into an accelerate BA program but I was a few hours short, so I'm doing this online builder program that will help me get the hours I need to get intot he accelerate BA. I do one class for 5 weeks and then move on to another subject. My first subject is physc. I've heard that with online classes there is a lot of writing. I'm not sure what to expect and part of me wants to just not try it, but then where is that going to get me? So, I'm starting my 1st class 1-27-11 and it ends 2-22-11. I've told myself I have to do that one at least and then decide if I'm going to go on or not.
If you went back part-time what do you want to study?

Ok..I need to get back to work. Have a great day everyone!

sept15lija 01-19-2011 10:00 AM

Susie - It's very important for me to be organized too. Yesterday I was cleaning up and DS said "mommy are you organizing? I help!!!" lol like a 3 year old is a really great help with organizing!! Anyways it was cute! I was thinking of taking accounting part time. I took economics in university but don't use my degree at my job....but I've done some accounting in the past and it appeals to my nature, I love numbers! Right now I'm working in sales and I'm not sure it's the best fit for me. The only thing is because I work at home it affords me a lot of flexibility, which is great with little kids...so I'm really torn as to what to do. Sigh. I think weighing at home sounds like a great plan, that's what I do - although I do wish I had the option of going to a low cost program where I could be part of a group too. The only thing around here it seems is WW and it's really pricey!!

Mel - Glad to hear the boys got on antibiotics, at least they'll be better soon! I am so sick of all the illness too. I am really ready for warm weather too. Only 3 more months of winter. BLAH.

Carri - I think i would take the mcmuffin apart and eat it REALLY slowly!! It's not like I eat huge breakfasts anyways, so I tend to eat stuff little piece by little piece to make it last. Ah the things we do to trick our stomachs!! :)

Things have ben stressful lately! Going back to work has been hard. Working from home is such a challenge with the kids here...most of my job is kind of self-directed, and sometimes getting that motivation is difficult, especially with Jacob throwing fits about wanting to see me. So now i'm packing him off to DH's mom and also have another babysitter I can take him to. It's just been a huge adjustment. I wish we could afford for me to not work for a while...like until they're in school....but it ain't hapening. OH well. Anyhow hope everybody has a great day!

Satine 01-19-2011 10:17 AM

Morning everyone...chilly here this morning, have another snow storm coming through late tonight, supposed to get another 3-5 inches or so ...we just melted all the other stuff like yesterday :dizzy:

I snuck a peak on the scales this morning and got some GREAT news, but I wont share until my official weigh in on Friday or Saturday morning.

Liz - I am actually really enjoying the egg mcmuffin every morning and you do make a good point about pulling it apart and eating it by the piece...might have to do that to make it last longer

Susie - no I didnt watch BL last night I had to dvr it as dh was watching tv with me and he is not a BL fan, haha ...When I watch it today or tomorrow I will see if I can pick up on what Allison says and let you know.

Mel - glad the boys got some meds and that they can be on the mend now...hope your mom gets better...I hear ya on the warmer weather...does seem like it has been winter for a long while, but I guess not any longer than normal :)

Hope you all have a good day !!!

Carri