3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Hawt-est Biker Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/220566-hawt-est-biker-chicks.html)

VermontMom 02-01-2011 08:42 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOPPERCHICK!!! :bday2you::hb::gift: hope its a great day for you :hug:

2times2much 02-01-2011 12:49 PM

Reda, Happy birthday from me too. It looks like the party is on Holly's post! Hope you have a great day! I must have missed something...why are you selling the Chopper?

Cold and snowy in Wisconsin. Schools closed. No real news here. Just had to check in on you guys. :)

ChopperChick355 02-01-2011 06:24 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes - going out for supper as it is also my youngest sons birthday as well

Selling the chopper to get a new motorcycle one that I can take on longer distance riding- I don't mind riding with DH but longer distances I get so bored, so with that I am getting myself a new bike. Thinking a HD Street Glide or possibly HD Roadking but really leaning towards Street Glide since they have stereo :) I actually thought about keeping it and just buying a new one but really couldn't justify it

Well I better get off here and get my butt ready for supper, then I have bowling tonight and if I know the girls there will be quite a few drinks involved :)

tymaboy 02-01-2011 07:18 PM

Happy BDay chopperchick!!

Possibility of up to 20 inches of snow :-( it started as up to 12 but the number just kept growing today. This winter is just dragging on.

VermontMom 02-02-2011 08:40 AM

good morning chicks, we are getting snow also, I think they're saying anywhere from 8" to 16". We had our boys use the roof rake to pull alot of snow off the house and garage on Monday to prepare. I'm very glad I have off today and tomorrow! Coming home last night, I was cruisin along thinking the road was 'just' snow-covered; must have been some ice because I found myself losing traction and started to fishtail...gently let off gas and gently steered into the swerve, and thank goodness straightened out right away, and double thanks there was no one in the other lane because I was.

Found a great link...cycletrader.com I typed in Honda VTX1300, with under $7500 and no distance limits...there are HUNDREDS of leftover new VTX's (2009's) for just under $7000. True, you have to have it shipped, but another avenue for me to check.

Still doing terribly with my eating. My knee is better but I have been really babying it, and it shows, that I just don't work as hard during exercise and don't sweat as much..sure wish I had an elliptical or something. It should be imperative now for me to shave calories since I'm not working as hard. However i checked my January journal, and I worked out 28 out of 31 days in January :carrot: even if I was eating cookies inbetween :devil:

ChopperChick355 02-02-2011 08:14 PM

Holly that is great 28 out of 31 days :carrot:

Shipping is not all that expensive we had Todd's Boss Hoss shipped from VT to SD last Sept and it only cost $500 which I did not think was bad at all- so you must be leaning towards another VTX they are such nice bikes as well- were you able to keep any of your accessories from the old bike for the new bike? Btw have you settled with insurance company on the old bike?

Had a great night last night and with that I am doing absolutely nothing tonight but laying on the couch covered up staying warm

Hi Aaron hope all is well for you

VermontMom 02-02-2011 08:58 PM

staying warm under a blanket was a good idea for today! I watched the 7 pm news about what this huge storm did across the country and oh my gosh. Here we just got about 8 or 9 inches of snow, thank goodness for sons and snowthrowers :)

Yup I checked out some shipping prices and they ranged from mid $500 to high $600. I really liked my VTX so I would feel it was pretty risk-free to get another one. No, didn't get any of my aftermarket parts...stupid of me.

Nope still haven't settled yet but that is my fault. Back in late November I had email from the guy who told me barely $6000 for it...I said I just didn't think that was enough. I sent an email on Jan. 17th, saying I was ready for the process to go forward, and said I would be happy with $6200. Haven't heard back from them. I 'thought' I could negotiate a little? :?:

tymaboy 02-02-2011 09:17 PM

what a day here. The snow hit last nite (13 inches) Dh got up cleanned of the drive way & headed out to work. Then came back in shortly after. his truck was stuck in the alley. I went out to help dig him out then the neighbor came out & the 2 decided to get the jeep to pull it out. The jeep didnt work & was spinning its tires as well so I went back in I was freezing- let the boys play. My jeep must not have been to stuck cuz it didnt take long for DH to bring it back home. It took them awhile to get it out & to shovel the alley. After they were done DH went into work he said roads were still covered & a bit slick so I stayed home instead of going in. I took pics of my yard. The steps were real fun to shovel off & when DS & I got to the bottom we decided not to shovel the sidewalk cuz we had no idea where we were to shovel the snow too. If we threw up the hill in our yard it would just come back down & we cant shovel snow into the street. DS was having a blast! I wish I had a camera cuz he went out in his under armor pants & shirt with boxers over his pants, tube socks, boots & a sweat shirt. He was jumping off of the steps & the hill into the snow on the sidewalk. Its so deep that he never fell far enough into the snow to hit the bottom. He'd get stuck & expect me to walk over to him to help him up.

When I wasnt outside I was fixing my parents facebook page. Hiding some of the apps that they didnt want to see anymore & uploading some pics for them. I was nicer to my dad then my mom. I have some very funny pics of her when we were growing up. Some pics she looked stoned in, I just couldnt help myself.

tymaboy 02-02-2011 09:18 PM

Oops forgot to post the pics.

Front Steps
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k..._5002779_n.jpg

Yard
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...1_485578_n.jpg

Under deck
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k..._7926071_n.jpg

SarRawrNaomi 02-02-2011 09:37 PM

I rode on the back of a motor cycle once, and my hair went all over the place but it was amazing =D

BTW could someone who knows how to use this thing message me and help me know how to use this thing O_O (and how do I get to my messages) Sorry I'm a newb.

LEATHERMAN 02-03-2011 10:02 AM

Hi Gals. I started Weight watchers on line a few days ago. I have had a hard time with my old diet, I have worked out 4 or 5 days a week but my eating was out of control. I hope this works for me. It has been so cold here over the last few weeks, and it snows almost every day. I want spring to come fast so I can go for a ride. Reda Happy Birthday late. Holly I hope you find a bike before spring, and I hope your DH wants to ride to, Holly you could still ride alone or with a friend. Tymaboy you guys got slamed with snow. Well I think I will go for a walk, it is warmer today, it is 8 out and the wind is blowing so wind chill is only like 15 below. I hope you all have a nice warm day.:D

beerdrinker 02-04-2011 12:46 AM

Hey ladies! I was wondering if I could come hang with y'all even though I don't ride a great big fancy bike?

I have a Pink (yes, pink. not my first choice, but it has definitely grown on me! haha!) 2006 150cc Genuine Stella. I got her (Caroline) with right at 700 miles on her, and have since put over 6,000 within the year. I love my scooter and ride it everywhere, year round! (Except for in the damn ice and snow. Cold, I can handle. Ice, notsomuch.) There's a picture of us on my profile if you wanna check it out.

For those of you sans ice and snow, happy riding!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarRawrNaomi (Post 3691535)
I rode on the back of a motor cycle once, and my hair went all over the place but it was amazing =D

BTW could someone who knows how to use this thing message me and help me know how to use this thing O_O (and how do I get to my messages) Sorry I'm a newb.

I tried to message you, but you don't have it enabled. Go to your User CP> Edit Options> Enable PM (or one of the options)

VermontMom 02-04-2011 08:44 AM

Hey beerdrinker :D welcome and of course you can hang with us :carrot: that is a great profile pic!

VermontMom 02-04-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEATHERMAN (Post 3692203)
Well I think I will go for a walk, it is warmer today, it is 8 out and the wind is blowing so wind chill is only like 15 below. I hope you all have a nice warm day.:D

:devil: You are a tough person!!! and congrats on the WW online, maybe I should check that out. Anything would help me at this point!!

LEATHERMAN 02-04-2011 09:39 AM

Hi Beerdrinker and SarRawrNaomi. I had a nice cold walk yesterday, I walked about 1 1/4 miles, the wind was bad. I like the WW so far. I am going to weigh my self on friday next week, then I can see if it is working.