Old 12-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #31  

Good evening, ladies. It was in the low 50s today but so windy!

The man I address Christmas cards for brought me 28 more Tuesday so I had to take them to Williamsburg today. Oh what a mistake to get on 64. It was bumper to bumper and I finally got to an exit and got off. The Williamsburg Trader Joe's was out of Prime Rib too so I went to the next best place that has a real butcher and he didn't have prime rib but he had a prime ribeye roast that looked just like it. I don't know that I've ever seen that cut before, but I got it. I just hope it is good. He was nice enough to just cut me 2 ribs which weighed 2 pounds. That will be plenty for me and Glory. Glory has a wicked sweet tooth which she indulges daily so I got a TJ Cranberry Walnut Torte for dessert. I can have just a sliver and I'll leave the leftovers with her. I had to pick up a prescription at Kroger and then I went to the Y for my strength training and treadmill. That finished my 12th workout for the contest so my name is now in the prize box. I could only be so lucky as to actually win something. I'm one of those people who never do or I get something that is useless to me. The grocery stores have long, long lines. Traffic is horrible. I'm not leaving the house again until its time to go to Mass on Christmas morning. Tomorrow being Christmas Eve, I'll have fish. It's not a Catholic thing, but its a European tradition I grew up with in my neighborhood. Stan's family had a wonderful Polish tradition that they kept up. Straw was put on the table under the tablecloth to remind that Jesus was put into a manger. There was a sauerkraut soup that is so delicious. There was fish. And there was horseradish we all had to take a taste of to remind us of the tribulations of life, and a wonderful dessert of plum dumplings to remind of of the joys and sweetness that life held. There were readings from the bible and then we all dug in.

Maggie, I'm glad Ragg Mopp is back to his old self. That's funny about Beanie missing him.

Jean, I appreciate your friendship, too.

Faye, Fortune is a typical boy - avoid all veggies! I'm glad your knee is feeling some better and you figured out what not to do!

I'm going to WW at 9 in the morning. I doubt I'll be down but I don't think I'll be up, either. Guess that kills my idea of not leaving the house tomorrow!

Enjoy your evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #32  

Talking

It is snowing as I type . . .

Maggie -- I can just picture Beanie racing around and RM watching him. What did you find when you went shopping in your freezer? I'd love to see a picture of a droopy flower hanging. It's nice of you to make one for your daughter.

Susan -- You definitely performed a miracle for your Christmas card guy! I've never heard of a prime ribeye roast, how will you fix it? The Torte sounds yummy -- I belong to the same sweet tooth club as Glory! I hope you win a prize for your exercise effort, and that it is something you can use. I found the European and Polish traditions that you described very interesting. Do you have any others?

I am heading off to bed as tomorrow will be a busy one finishing up my "to do" list. What doesn't get done, I hope no one notices!

Last edited by Jean; 12-23-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote