Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 10:06 AM   #16  
Taking It A Day At A Time

One more thing to Jo-Hang in there kiddo, and that weight will come back off. Don't ever be embarassed about anything cause we are all human and we arn't perfect. I do understand too about how you had to lie to Rich about your weight loss, because you didn't want to dissapoint him. But confiding in him is the first step in accountability. He will understand I just know it, he is a great guy from what I see. You know alot of it is probally water weight anyways and you will shed that in no time at all.

See even if my case, you know how I gained that 6 lbs last Monday? Well I am happy to report that I really did try this week and I am proud to report that I lost 4.8 pounds of my weight. So see Jo, it is possible to get rid of it if you just try even somewhat. I was so proud of when I stepped on that scale and lost that weight. I know I still have 1.2 lbs to lose to get back to where I was before the trial, but next week I will really give it a go as well. I even went to my gym on the way home from work today and had a great workout. SO NEVER GIVE UP JELLO! Don't let this set you back, get that determine back and remember we are only human. Don't be so hard on yourself. WE LOVE YOU AND WILL BE HERE FOR YOU!

CH-Hey good luck to you at your WW meeting also. GO GET EM CAROLYN!

Love ya all, Sassy Sharon

Old 02-28-2001, 06:35 PM   #17  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Sassy...I am absolutely speechless......I can't believe the stupidity of the Judge. What's up with him? Hopefully the media coverage will have the support of the people in your case and 'open' everyones eyes to the injustice and senselessness of this horrible crime.

In other things....just barely maintaining the motivation to stay on plan. I've been stuck(as you know) on this dreaded plateau. Still eating healthy food choices and smaller portions etc but up/down everyday by 1-3 lbs. So frustrating.....I've varied the foods, at different times, drank water till I'm floating and still can't make rhyme or reason of this.....don't know what else to do.bye for now
Old 02-28-2001, 08:09 PM   #18  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, I'm back. And it's Ash Wednesday so I've decided what to give up for Lent. I'm giving up giving up! I've decided that for Lent I'm going to write in my WW journal, drink all my water, count all my points, etc. I'm going to do my absolute best. But if I falter and screw up a little, I'm going to get right back on track and stop trying to give myself buttkicks. Too painful!

Having said that, I've forgotten to bring my journal or points counter to work. So I'll just have to jot these things down and guess at the points for the time being. I'M GOING TO DO THIS!!!!

Sharon, I think that's the same article Chrissy emailed to me before, right? Well, you guys all know what I think of that poor excuse for a judge and our court system in general. I hope this is all over for both of you and your families soon. {{{SHARON & CHRISSY}}}

To all the rest of you guys, thanks for the good words when I was down there on the ground. I'm back up and all dusted off and am going to do my best, I promise. Rich and I (yes, Jo actually helped in the kitchen! ) made up a whole bunch of spaghetti squash and mixed it in with spaghetti sauce and put it in containers in the freezer. That's what I have for lunch today. Have you guys had this? It's wonderful and ALMOST tastes like you're eating spaghetti but has virtually zero points. Good stuff!

I'm going to go now. I was up until the wee small hours last night putting the finishing touches on our company newsletter. I'm the editor (don't ask how that happened) and I always seem to be finishing it up at the last possible moment. One of the articles I put in has to do with planting veggie and flower gardens and now I'm really longing for spring. Can't wait.

Meanwhile, back to the grind. Hope you all have a good one!

Much love, Jo.
Old 03-01-2001, 08:41 AM   #19  
MK

Hi everyone. I was going to talk, but just don't feel like it. I feel more like crying. Just one of those mood swings that hit a week or so before my period. Take care everyone. Mary Kay
Old 03-02-2001, 12:31 AM   #20  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi it's me! Sorry I haven't been in much, but have just been busy running here, running there! I also smashed my ring and baby finger really bad last Friday nite ... was worried about the swelling for a while but is down now - still very tender tho! Dumb thing ... we bought a new tv for the downstairs last Friday ... hubby put the old one on my treadmill (temporarily, of course - like I've been using it!) LOL ... he told me to leave it he would move it elsewhere later (taking it up to the cabin). Well, I was cleaning up Sat morning while Dick was at work and I picked up the tv (dumb move, I know) and decided to set it up on our bar - I misjudged about 1 inch and smashed my fingers between the edge of the bartop counter and the tv. Oooooh, that hurt! Was worried for a while that I may have to have my rings cut if the swelling didn't go down ... I am very thankful I didn't break them! Anyways, that's my dumb blonde antic for the week!

Oooh - ooooh - oooooh - my good news! I had my weigh-in this morning and am down another 1 lb! That makes a total of 4 1/2 lbs down now. Today was my 6th week ... It's going very slow, but I am so determined this time that I know I'm going to do it!

MK: I'm so sorry you feel so bad ... I hope you feel better real soon! Please post with us again soon so we can cheer you up!

Sharon: Glad to hear you are getting yourself back on track again. I noticed your post on the exercise thread ... we're on our way!

CH: Yea, you joined WW! I'm so proud of you for doing that and you are going to do just fine! Heck, if I can do it I know you can!

Jo: What a great thing to give up for Lent - giving up "giving up"! You go girl - you have come so far you should not let a few lbs get you down.

Zoe: Happy now? that hubby is home again! I bet you really missed him.

Well, I have mastered the art of journaling - in my book AND on the website. Now, I just have to work on getting my lazy butt downstairs on that treadmill! I'm gonna work harder on that this week. I keep saying that don't I - well, one of these days I will actually do it!

I am going to post our updates tonite, so if anyone has a change, let me know! Jo? Sharon?

Angel: Don't worry about those 3 lbs ... keep trying and don't give up - they will go away soon!

Well, talk to you later ... hope you are all having a great OP day!

Love, CJ

------------------
"It must happen in your mind before it happens in your life!"
Old 03-02-2001, 09:04 AM   #21  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

H everyone ~

Been MIA lately, getting ready for vacation, both home and at work. I might be ready (we're leaving tomorrow) but I'm not sure yet. :confused:

I don't have time to address everyone but I wanted to stop in before I leave. Hopefully, I can get here again tomorrow morning......otherwise, I'll be back in about 9 days.....have a great weekend and week. Hope you all stay OP and I could use some prayers so that *I* can stay OP while away. (Oh, it's so difficult when you're away)

Talk to y'all then.....I'll miss y'all

Love,
Patti
Old 03-02-2001, 09:11 AM   #22  
CJ

We'll miss you too Zoe ... have a good time and here's hoping we ALL stay OP! Have fun, be careful, hurry back!

Love, CJ

------------------
"It must happen in your mind before it happens in your life!"
Old 03-02-2001, 08:09 PM   #23  
Long Lost Chickie

TGIF!!! Ever have one of those weeks when every day feels like there's a full moon or something??? It's been a long one. And we've got auditors in today checking out every department and inspecting everything. I just wish they'd come through my department and get it over with!!! I feel like I'm in school and haven't studied for the test or something.

I've also done something to my neck/left shoulder. Not sure if it's a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve or what but it's been killing me for 2 days. Can't turn my head too far to the left and can't even bend my head back far enough to swallow the pain pills. Grumble. Grumble.

The good news is that I've been a good girl this week. I've refused to get on the scale at home but I'm hoping for good news at weigh-in tomorrow. Still haven't confessed my little "stumble" of last weekend to anyone and maybe I'll never have to. Don't plan to ever do that again!

Oh, this is good. I walked into the cafeteria yesterday and a whole group of ladies sitting there all started in on me about how thin I was getting, etc. They all oohed and aahed over me for a while. It felt good. Of course, then this little 20-something, 100 pounds soaking wet girlie came in and started in about how tough it was to lose weight and how she knew just how I feel, etc. Wanted to smack the broad! Fortunately, after the "little girl" walked out, all the rest of us "normal" people agreed that she just had no clue!

Well, we had just enough snow last night to coat the ground but it's already just about gone now. They're calling for a really big one on Monday morning though. Possibility of 6-12 inches. I've had enough already!!! A guy here at work has asked me if I wanted to walk with him at lunch time once the weather gets warmer. Sounds like a good idea to me. IF the weather ever gets warmer!!!!

Well, just saw the boss's car come into the parking lot so I'm going to stop. Hope to spend Saturday at the apartment with a little paint and then it should be just about done. Paid my last rent check (for March) last week and it felt good! Eventually, we'll get the house into shape!

Have a good day!
Much love, Jo.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:25 PM   #24  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Glad The Thin Group Is Back Again!

Hi guys,
Nice that we are up and running once again.

I am doing the HAPPY DANCE! I finally got rid of those 6 lbs I had gained in Michigan for my brothers trial, a few weeks ago.

I had lost 4.8 lbs last week and today when I went to my WW class I lost another 1.2 lbs making it a total of 6 lbs. YA HOO!

Still don't see why it only took me a week to gain it and almost 3 to lose it again. NOT FAIR AT ALL!

I did try this week too thought. Ken took me to Red Lobster and you know I usually have 3 or 4 of those wonderful cheese biscuits but only had one this time. I also didn't give in to their Ultimate Platter the one with the crab legs, shrimp scampi and fried shrimp as well as
a lobster tail too. I only had the lobster tail and steak and ate the lobster tail without the usual tons of butter, but just put some lemon juice on it. I also took most of my steak home for my sons to fight over. LOL I was pretty proud of myself for resisting it all. I guess I wanted to lose weight more than I wanted that meal. So it paid off in the end.

Jo-Sorry about your neck/shoulder and hope you feel better real soon. Good luck with your weigh in and let us know how it goes. You are doing so very well.

CJ-Hey great job on that additional 1 lb you lost. You are almost at 5 lbs. YOU GO GIRL! Hope your baby finger is feeling better too. Hey can you subtract another 1.2 lbs to my weight for the update? I sent you my present the other day? Thanks!

Mary Kay-We are here for you whenever you need to talk. Hope things get better for you.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{MARY KAY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Gail-Thanks for your email. Will answer soon. So glad you are back safe and sound, and happy you had fun even though getting back was a bit of a problem for you. Hope things get back to normal for you soon. Post soon cause we miss you girl.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[GAIL]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Zoe-Have a great time on your vacation. I will send you some good vibes to stay on your program. Have a great time while you are there.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

angel-eyes-Hope you beat that plateau soon. Just keep doing what you are doing and staying on your program. Maybe if you do exercise you can try something different to shake things up and start you going downward once again. Like if you are walking maybe try a Tao Bo tape or some other kind. Or visa versa. Or maybe add some weights too. When I try a different type of exercise that usually does the trick. Don't give up angel and you will see the scale going in the right direction once again. Also thanks for your thoughts on that stupid judge. I agree wholeheartily with your words!

Chrissy-Hey sis in law, how are you doing? I got you email and will get connect with you soon. I tried to call you last night, but no answer and just left a message. Hope to talk to you soon. I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I will be there again on April 2nd for the new trial. LOVE YOU!

Take care guys, and love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 03-05-2001, 10:42 PM   #25  
CJ

Default Just a quickie here!

This is just going to be a short one as I am so tired need to get to bed ... really tired! Glad to see the forum back up ... not so sure if I like the new format yet or not ... was so used to the other one.

Sharon: So glad to hear you are back down with your weight! I got your email .. I owe you one!

CH: Haven't heard from you today ... where are you? Good luck on weigh-in tomorrow!

I am so tired right now .... had to move my website (CJ's Place) onto a different "home" as the service I had is not going to deal with personal website after March 31 - what a job that was but it is finally done! Added a few more things ... check it out if you wish:

www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplace

Well, I promise I will write more tomorrow ... just want to go to bed right now. It's been a busy weekend.

Now, let's see how my post looks.

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 01:58 PM   #26  
Long Lost Chickie

Am I doing this right???? Couldn't even find you guys because my old bookmark didn't work. Thanks for helping with that Ms. Sassy!! But what happened to the smilies?? Oh, this is going to take some getting used to....

Before I type on, let's just see if this works.
Old 03-06-2001, 02:22 PM   #27  
CJ

Default Smilies

Jo: if you click on the help button and then on the how do it for smilies, it will give you the list.

CJ
Old 03-06-2001, 02:40 PM   #28  
Long Lost Chickie

OK, I think I have it now. Tried to get back in after my last post but my computer decided to crash at that moment. Grumble. Thanks for the info. CJ. I'll check that out after this post I think. Just want to get this done before my computer takes another dive. Been doing that too much lately!

BTW, what's with the clock and the posting times? Oh well, just a few minor kinks to work out I guess.

Before I get bumped off again, I wanted to report that I was down 1.2 lbs. on Saturday for a total of 31.2. I'm not even going to wonder what it could have been if I hadn't "faltered".

Would have reported in yesterday but our office was closed. The storm wasn't quite the blizzard that we were all fearing but the ice and sleet made it miserable all the same. I got up, called in and got the message on our voice mail system that we'd be closed and climbed back into bed. It was like being a little kid and finding out school is closed. Ahhhh!!!

Have to run now. Lots to do before the boss gets back in tomorrow. He's down in New Orleans where it's something like 60 degrees and sunny. Humph! Still snowing here a little but hopefully the worst of it has passed. Rich's mom emailed me from Boston to report 16 inches of snow so far (and still falling) but at least they haven't lost power...yet. Yikes! I want Spring!!!!!

Really have to go now.
Much love, Jo.
Old 03-06-2001, 03:59 PM   #29  

Hi Guys!

I just wanted to say a quick Hello. Things have changed here somewhat and I will have to go and do some investigating to make sure I am doing this right.

Great to be back. Pretty sure CJ is waiting in the wings to start a new thread, so will post a bit later. Love, G
Old 03-06-2001, 04:17 PM   #30  
CJ

Default Welcome back Gail!

Hi Gail: welcome back ... did you have a good trip! This forum is going to take a little getting used to ... but like the other times we will. Isn't this about the 3rd or 4th time we have had to change to a different server?

WEll, I am not waiting in the wings to start the new thread .... actually, was not even thinking about it. Have been busy moving my CJ's Place website to a different server as the one I had is no longer supporting websites after March 31! So that has been a job for me, but I did it.

Hope all is well with you and everyone ...

Talk to ya later..
Love, CJ
Closed Thread