The Thin Group HEALTHY RECIPE thread

• 11/28/04
    Look what I found in the archives - Boy, this goes back to 2001 ... anyway, thought I would bump it up - maybe we can add too it.

Original Post:

If you have a great recipe that is healthy or low-fat, please post it so we can all enjoy!

Zoe - I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty to post your eclair dessert! It sounds sooooooo good!

Chocolate Éclair Dessert (Zoe)

1 box of low fat graham crackers
    1 12oz container fat free cool whip
    2 small boxes f/f s/f instant vanilla pudding
    1 small box f/f s/f instant chocolate pudding
    3 cups + 1 1/2 cups skim milk

Combine the vanilla puddings with 3 cups of the skim milk. Mix on low only until combined. Let it stand for 2 minutes. In the meantime, layer graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, all the way to the edges. (takes about 7 1/2-8 crackers).

Gently fold the cool whip into the vanilla pudding. Spread 1/2 of this onto the crackers. Layer another 7 1/2-8 crackers on top, all the way to the edges. Spread the rest of the vanilla pudding on top. Layer more crackers.

Combine the chocolate pudding with 1 1/2 cups of skim milk, just until combined. Let stand 2 minutes. Spread the chocolate pudding on top of the crackers. Cover and refriderate several hours or over night to soften the crackers.

12 servings = 4 WW pts
    18 servings = 2 WW pts
  • CHERRIES 'N CREAM DESSERT

8 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 cups light nondairy whipped topping
    12 reduced fat vanilla wafers
    1 can light cherry pie filling

Mix cream cheese, with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, mixing until blended. Gently stir in lwhipped topping. Spoon 1/2 of the mixture into a 1 1/2 qt bowl. Place wafers over mixture. Spoon 1 cup pie filling over wafers. Top with remaining cheese mixture and pie filling. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.

Serves: 10
    1 serving = 1/2 cup (3 pts ea)

Love, CJ

------------------
    "It must happen in your mind before it happens in your life!"
  • Here’s a great recipe for pineapple cake - it makes large servings, and only 2 pts. per serving! If you have a sweet tooth, this one's for you.

PINEAPPLE CAKE

1 box fat free angel food cake mix
    1 20 oz. can crushed pinepple. Don't drain juice.
    Mix ingredients together.
    (do not follow the directions on the box – just add the crushed pineapple and mix gently)

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through. It seems to be a little more moist the less time you cook it. Cut into 12 equal pieces.

Can also be baked in two 9” rounds and frosted with cool whip as a two –layer and decorated with strawberries to create a birthday cake. (beats the points in a traditional birthday cake)

Add 2 more points for the Cool Whip and berries.

Love, CJ

------------------
    "It must happen in your mind before it happens in your life!"
  • Got this one from my meeting this morning - sounds good so thought I would share:

Chicken Pot Pie (4 servings)

1 cup cooked cubed chicken [4 pts]
    1 pkg (9 oz) frozen vegetables - thawed [3 pts]
    1 can (10.75 oz) fat free cream of chicken soup [0 pts]
    1/2 cup skim milk [1 pt]
    1 egg [2 pts]
    1 cup Bisquick reduced fat baking mix [9 pt]

In pie plate mix chicken, vegetables and soup
    Mix milk, egg and baking mix
    Pour over chicken mix
    Bake 30 minutes in 400 degree pre-heated oven

(4.75 points per serving)

Enjoy!
    CJ
  • WW Vegetable Soup
    GARDEN VEGETABLE SOUP (WW)
    Makes 4 servings (about 1 cup each)
    0 POINTS per serving

2/3 cup sliced carrots
    ½ cup diced onion
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    3 cups fat-free broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
    1 ½ cups diced green cabbage
    ½ cup green beans
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    ½ teaspoon dried basil
    ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    ½ cup diced zucchini

In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.

Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.

Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.

Per serving: 42 calories, 0 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 8 g total carbohydrate, 2.4 g dietary fiber, 3 g protein, 41 mg calcium