Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 10:45 AM   #16  
MK

Hi everyone!

Chrissy and Sharon: I am so sorry to hear about the mistrail. I just don't understand how things like that can happen. It is a wonder they even let anyone talk. Will you get the same judge? I hope not.

CJ: Hey 1lb at a time is GREAT! I will have to wait until I get my taxws done to see if I can afford to go to WW. This year we lose our son, so we only have the two of us to claim. Most of the time we get some back, but I just don't know. We go this Sunday.

Sandi: I used to live in Granite City. I just wondered if you were close to there.

Well, I need to go make out bills and it is getting late so take care and will talk to all later. Have a wonderful Saturday.Mary Kay
Old 02-17-2001, 07:19 PM   #17  
Mother Hen

Good Morning!

Chrissy and Sharon, There certainly has been no justice in Detroit for the past 16 mo. for you. Wish there was some way we could stage a protest for all of your family! I'd be right up front carrying a picket sign! I really had hopes that it would all be over this time and you'd be able to have some closure. That judge sounds like a real WACKO to me! So sorry you have to go through this all over again but I'm praying the next time will be the time when that monster is put away for good. Hugs to both of you!

Took Cal to the doctor yesterday. His loss of appetite from those new pills resulted in a 8 lb. loss last month. His pain continues to worsen and he is beginning to have a really hard time getting up and down. He has a bone scan and a MRI scheduled for next Tuesday. His lab and test results should all be ready for his next doctor's appointment on Thursday. I know what the next year or so will bring and I'm terrified.

Before I forget, some bright news, drumroll please......I've lost 5 lbs. this past mo. If I can get myself motivated to do some exercise next month should be even better! Yeah really! Look who's talking! Me, who hates to get up out of this chair in front of my computer. I think I'm addicted to the web!

Congradulations to all of you who had losses this week! Believe me, I know how hard it is to take off those extra pounds. Keep up the good work!

Everybody enjoy your weekend!

Hugs, Judy

Old 02-18-2001, 08:23 AM   #18  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDI!!! Here's hoping you have a great birthday! Not until tomorrow, but wanted to wish you now! Have fun!

Love, Chrissy
Old 02-18-2001, 08:10 PM   #19  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Chrissy and Sharon- I'm so sorry about the trial (again!)I can't believe the Judge....be strong and keep focused. Justice will be done!!I think you get the idea-- that we're all behind you and in our prayers.

Jello- way to go for planning ahead!!I also find it easier to plan ahead and anticipate any problems before they happen.Just last night we had dinner at a friends house and I thought of all the problems ahead of time.... we met at 6:30 so I thought dinner would be at 8:00 and I was right. So I drank water(3cups) on the way over. Nibbled at 2 appetizers and then went to the other side of the room far away from them( too tasty and I didn't trust myself) ate healthy-rice, salad and a little meat. But the big bonus was I volunteered desert, so at 211 cal/pc I knew it was okay to have some. Actually I made a chocolate torte and cream cheese double fudge chocolate brownines....and both were low fat and low cal. I also had 0 wine as at least 3 bottles were on the go.Now thats PLANNING ahead and I lived to tell about it!!!NO GUILT and NO REGRETS!!!
Everyone have a good day, bye
Old 02-18-2001, 11:19 PM   #20  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning all you thinsters!

I'm getting ready to go out to the mall and have an afternoon all to myself. Hubby and son are going to play golf and that should take them about 5 hours so I'm free, I'm free, I'm free.....free to do anything I want to do.....yippee!!!

Mary Kay ~ make out bills??? Yikes! I hate that job! Here's hoping you had LOTS left over.

Judy ~ I'm a little out of touch since just getting back into posting here so I don't know who Cal is but I am praying for and with you in this. On the up note, WTG on losing those 5 pounds!!

Sandi ~
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Sandi,
Happy Birthday to you......

Hi to everyone else.....hope y'all are having a great weekend

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas

[This message has been edited by Zoe (edited 02-18-2001).]
Old 02-19-2001, 12:24 PM   #21  

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. Sorry for not posting sooner or more often. I have no excuse.

I do miss all of you very much. I have maintained my walking regimen and am very careful of what I eat. I do feel a bit lighter than a month ago...and my clothes feel loose...I think that speaks for itself.

Well, I go on my Italy trip on the first ...17 days of eating, walking and relaxing and some other activities My husband and I are ready to have kids. I'm a bit nervous(don't like pain) but, I'm ready.

Sharon & Chrissy- I can't believe you and your family are going through this. What the h*ll is that judge thinking? You are both in my prayers. DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT!! {{{{{{{CHRISSY}}}}}} {{{{{SHARON}}}}}

Happy Birthday Sandi!

Gail-Oh, have fun in Disneyland! Bring your raincoat, 'cuz the weather has been ugly ...they lie when they said it "never rains in California".

Well ladies, I'm off to bed. I will definitely post before I leave for my Italian Escapade! I'm so excited!! Actually, I have to work tomorrow and it's going to be slow ... perfect for posting from work.

A big Hello to all of those I didn't address individually.

Love-

Sylvia

Old 02-19-2001, 08:27 PM   #22  
Long Lost Chickie

Hey all! It's me, Jo. Whassa matter? Don't recognize me? Well, that's probably just because I'm officially THIRTY lbs. lighter as of weigh-in on Saturday morning! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!

Then again, I probably blew it last night when Rich and I went out for our Valentines dinner. Oh, it was wonderful! And I'm sure it was not good for me but I enjoyed every last bite. And I had dessert too which was this decadent chocolate and ice cream and gooey stuff... Well, you get the picture. I really really really have to behave this week.

Truthfully, I had a bit too much wine with dinner last night and admit to being a bit tipsy. Today I'm not feeling too good so I probably won't be eating much anyway. But I am on my second bottle of water already so that's good.

Judy, I'm sorry to hear Cal is having such a tough time of it. And you too, my friend. My prayers are with you both.

Guys, I upgraded to Netscape 6.0 and it's been doing some funky things to all my favorite websites, especially this forum. Keeps changing fonts on me and things like that. Can't scroll down to reread all your posts either so I'm relying on my memory here. Ooh, it's not pretty.

Couple things I do remember though:
Happy Belated Birthday to Sandi!
and
Have a great trip to Italy, Sylvia!

To everyone else, have a great day.
Much love, Jo.
Old 02-20-2001, 07:40 AM   #23  
CH

Hello Ladies, I know I promised to post on Sat. but that was when I mistakenly thought I was in charge of my life. When will I ever learn! I was busy or had company all week-end, although I loved it that was the end of me doing what I wanted to. Oh well....

Judy My thoughts and prayers are with you and Cal. I hope for the best for both of you. Let us know. And congrat. on your 5 lbs.. That's great!

Jo Once again I am proud of you. You are doing great!!! Any of us would be proud of that much loss.

I spent a lot of today going thru my closets and getting rid of clothes I can't/won't wear. It must be a sin to have this many clothes and allow myself to grow out of them. It will take a semi to haul them off. I am writing down each piece just to see them in print may be my motivation. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the candy bar I ate this afternoon.

Sorry I don't have time to address all of you. I have been reading the posts and I do think of all of you. Hope to post again tomorrow, have a great Tuesday. Carolyn
Old 02-20-2001, 08:53 AM   #24  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello Y'all ~

I hope this finds Y'all doing well and staying OP. I didn't do to good this week, especially the weekend. My husband Greg and I have been doing WW, me going to meetings and he just following along. I made a decisioin this weekend to do WW-at-home, the 2 of us. I've been gone so much latey between WW, the gym 3 times a week ~ I just feel like this is the right thing to do. So I will be weighing on Mondays now. Today, I was the same (according to my scale) 179. I am going to really try to stay on track this week. With vacation less than 2 weeks away, I need to stay good.....

Sylvia ~ Your vacation sounds wonderful! We're leaving on the afternoon on the 2nd but only to FL. Have a wonderful time!!!!

Jo ~ WTG girl!! 30 pounds is so great! You're an inspiration to us all.

Hi to everyone else....have a great night.

------------------
Old 02-20-2001, 07:11 PM   #25  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello again. It's Jo. And I'm sure you'll recognize me now that my face is covered in pizza sauce and chocolate. Had one of those "See Food" diet nights. What a dummy. Today some folks at work were going to go out for lunch and no one can agree where to go. I've pretty much decided if they choose the new restaurant down the street that I've wanted to try, I'll go. If not, maybe I'll just pass. Can't think of anything I really want to eat that would be worth blowing the day for.

Anyway, thanks to those of you who congratulated me. Just wish I hadn't blown it. Hope to make you proud of me once again someday soon.

Zoe, cleaning out the closets is on my To-Do list for very soon. Rich's house doesn't have nearly as much closet space as I'm used to. Just wish I'd cleared some of this stuff out BEFORE I moved it.

Well, after work yesterday, Rich went to the apartment and took down all the curtains and rods while I went home to let Watson out. Today, Rich goes home to Watson while I go vacuum the apartment. Tomorrow, Rich patches a few holes. Thursday ... well, you get the idea. Hopefully, this weekend, we can get in there and shampoo the carpets, do a little painting and scrub the floors. Once that's done, the place will be just about ready to go. I also have to worry about turning off phone and electric service and other little stuff. Glad I still have one more month!

Guess it's time to get to work. Sigh. Oh, I need a vacation too, Zoe and Sylvia! Can I come with either of you guys?? Seriously, I need one of those days where I don't even change out of my "jammies" and lay around watching old movies all day. Ahhhhhh!

Until then, back to work!
Much love, Jo.
Old 02-21-2001, 08:45 AM   #26  

Hello everyone – just popping in to say hi. Couple of notes, Chrissy & Sharon – so sorry to hear about the retrial, thanks for sending the e-mail Sharon, helps me keep up-to-date even when I don’t drop in here much. Jello, CJ, Zoe and everyone else doing well on the weight-loss, WOO HOO! Keep it up. Blunder, sorry to hear Cal is having a difficult time, I hope the scan sheds some positive light. Glad to hear you are losing too though. Sylvia, have a wonderful time in Italy and good luck with baby making (lots of fun no doubt!! He he)

As for me, can you believe it girls, only 8 weeks til this little one is due. We are both well, though I am very tired. Got the nesting instinct – I made cushions last week and I have never even sewed before in my entire life. Also dyed my lounge a new colour. And we have been painting baby furniture, we expect the nursery to be ready in about a fortnight. Boyfriend and I still having lots of troubles, but whichever way it works out, I’m excited about being a Mum soon.

I’ll pop back in later and once my baby is born I’ll be back here, full steam ahead on the weight loss. I really have just let myself go in pregnancy and I’m not sure I really care. I’m looking forward to big losses and getting fit again. But in the meantime I know I’m growing a very healthy, strong bub (trust me, it almost breaks my ribs everytime it has one of its ‘excitable periods!’

Gotta go, love to all
Sam
Old 02-21-2001, 08:45 AM   #27  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi Ladies ~ just got in from the mall with my friend Thyra ~ we went after work tonight. Hubby left this morning for a business trip and I'm here all alone. I got home to every light on, a dirt spot on the carpet and my son's bed, desk and computer gone.....he's gone, he's really gone. I think he'll be back tonight for a mintue since he didn't take anything else, like his toothbrush, etc.

Jo ~ Ha! I know it's not funny but it's funny. We all do it....just get to a milestone, celebrate and WHAM!! slide off the edge. I did the same thing just this past Sunday. I guess I was deciding to do WW-at-home with hubby and in that decision, I decided to eat.....he and my son were out playing golf and I went to the Super WalMart here.....come home with so much junk food and actuall started eating in the car!!! Had 2 packages of cheese crackers, 2 little debbie "devil dogs", 2 little debbie peanut butter thingys, and a few cookies. Pitiful, just pitiful. But I got back on track and I know you will too.

Hi to everyone else....strange not to see a bunch of posts here......where are y'all at??? Nighty night.

------------------
Old 02-21-2001, 08:46 AM   #28  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies, how's everyone doing? Sorry I haven't been posting often but I have been reading all the posts....not enough time in the day.....Nothing new at all with me, still trying to lose those darn 3 lbs that instantly appeared, 2 days ago. I have stayed on plan, drank water like nobody's business and zip,zero nothing....just those stinkn' 3 lbs that won't go away. So, I've felt a little down and I guess thats why I haven't posted....nothing to do with you guys, just me. Sorry
Old 02-21-2001, 08:50 AM   #29  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

opps....I guess I was posting at the same time as you both, Sam and angel-eyes.

Sam ~ best of everything with your bundle of joy. Hope you and your boyfriend get it together soon.

angel-eyes ~ stick with it, those pounds with disappear.

bye y'all.....
Old 02-21-2001, 08:59 AM   #30  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Sam:
So good to hear from you! Glad to hear you are feeling great. Sorry you are having troubles with boyfriend ... hope things work out. I think you are going to be a good mum. Keep in touch so we don't worry!

Angel:
Don't feel bad ... those 3 lbs will drop soon - and don't stay away when you are feeling down ... post with us so we can cheer you up!

Zoe:
how long is hubby going to be gone for! Do you like having that time alone?

Well, just got home from bingo .. didn't win! Have to go potty and get in pj's .. I'll come back later (if I don't fall asleep first) haha

later..
Love, CJ

------------------
"It must happen in your mind before it happens in your life!"
Closed Thread