3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Excercise, Diet and Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/21664-excercise-diet-support.html)

Determined Annie 11-07-2002 01:26 PM

Cyan, I just went back after I posted and saw your post about Oprah, I agree with what she says. She has been on a roller coaster for years. You have to give her credit for sticking with her determination over the years. I really do believe most of her eating disorder revolves around something that lies deep within. I was feeling alittle mixed about my reply, didn't know if I should post some of the things I did about mental attitude and all. But when I read your post about Oprah I decided not to edit mine and leave it like it is. Hope I didn't say anything I shouldn't have. It really is all about mental attitude, if we can get our minds thinking right we are on the right track.
Well I've talked enough for one day, I will check in later this evening.

cyan 11-07-2002 01:52 PM

Annie never second guess yourself...you are right... it is having the right mental attitude that gets you there...you have to want it...you need to device a plan and then like Nike says...just do it.

And your advise about not letting life pass you by... while you sit and look out the window...you are right and thank you for sharing your feelings ...it hit home. I sometimes get sad..mostly due to my mom's illness and I can understand the association between food and happiness. So I have been dreading this but maybe joing a support group for caregiver's of alzheimers might not be a bad thing...instead of using food to support me.

Thanks for not editing your thoughts here in this forum...cause I get what you are saying and most of us have weight problems because we see food as comfort instead nurishment. I have been back living with my mom for three years and I have gone from a healthy 140 pounds to 170....so the proof is in the pudding.

So my chocolates will be in the car trunk tonight..I feel inspired...I can do this...

:D Cyan

reina_mia 11-07-2002 02:04 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone.

Ok, I am so ready for a food challenge. Because I have to be held accountable for what I put in my mouth. :o

You would all be proud.. Because I knew I had to login and put in an update today, after 4 days of hitting snooze on my alarm clock, I finally did it.
I got up this morning and did a full 8 minute workout with Taebo.
:cb:
And I have to admit, I feel really good today.

I did try this week to make my own meals and try to stay within the 1200 calorie range, but it didn't work to well. I am having a hard time with portion control...
So I have decided to go back and get my weekly meals from Seattle Sutton... I really like having their food prepared and ready for me to walk in after work and not have to worry about cooking a 600 calorie meal for me. It is already there.
I did pretty good on the first 2 weeks, with the exception of my one really, really bad day!:fr:
But I got through it, with the help of Precious_One and another buddy of mine!.
After watching Oprah yesterday, (I love her shows on Weight Loss), I get so much motivation after seeing people like that one woman who lost almost 300lbs...My measly 50lb goal, was nothing to her, and I should be nothing to me, as long as I don't think about it.
I have to say, that my renewed outlook of my life and the changes I want to make, finally make me feel good about myself.:cp:
My challenge for the day :crossed: will be 30 minutes of walking, 15 minutes on the glider tonight, and 8 glasses of water!!!!
And I promise I won't lie about it :nose:

I hope you all have a great day, and everyone, Keep up the good work!
:high: :grouphug:

LadyRider 11-07-2002 07:53 PM

Annie, I have to agree with Cyan. I really like the way you think and wouldn't want you to censor or second guess yourself. As long as we don't critisize each other, I think it's important we be able to talk about our feelings; after all, they are a large part of why we over eat.
Cyan, my heart goes out to you and what you must be going through. Please do consider a support group. No one should have to go through the pain and loss you are experiencing alone.

And on a more cheerful note: CONGRATULATIONS REINA_MIA!! You Go Girl! :jig: :bravo:
If it's any help, I shoot for a daily average calorie count. That way if I over do it one day, I don't feel so guilty; I eat fewer calories the next day and don't feel as if I've jepordized my whole diet. I write down my calorie count at the end of each day and at the end of the week I average it out to see how I did.

:grouphug:

cjunk 11-07-2002 08:06 PM

Hi everyone,
Great to read all of the postings. I got so absorbed in them I lost track of time and no time to write a normal one because I really gotta go back and try that aquafit that starts in 15 mins.

That flu shot I think made me feel a bit ill today but I am pushing my tired self to exercise anyway. I know I will feel better for it. Anyone who is reading this and not motivated to move tonight, please get of the couch and join me in some form of activity so that we can pat each other on the back later tonight for our accomplishments!! Oh, and so far I am on 5 --12 ounce bottles of water. Almost there!!!

P.S. Does accidentally sucking in pool water count too???

Cjunk

cyan 11-07-2002 09:40 PM

8.3 km on the bike

Just a quick note .... I biked for 27 minutes...burned 300 cals and went the distance of 8.3 km:D

Food wise...did ok until I handed the bag of candies over to Dad....I snuck out three mini bars of oh henry and inhaled them before I could stop myself:( Dont worry, I will try and try again until I get this emotional eating under control.

Thank You LadyRider for your kind words...I do have amazing friends some of which are medical doctors and they are an endless source of support for me...but yes I will be sourcing out a support group dealing with alzheimers....thank you again.

Reina_Mia ....you are amazing...to get up to exercise...kudos on you...I hate getting up early and to exercise...I can see you are one determined lady....How did tonights exercise go? And 50 pounds is not measly:dance: Its plain ole amazing amazing amazing...So please be very proud of yourself for that...its hard enough to loose one pound let alone 50.

Cjunk...I admire your determination....I hope the class went well tonight and I look forward to hearing how it went

Well its getting late and I must go get some zzzzzz

Cyan

cjunk 11-07-2002 10:28 PM

Hello All You Motivators!!

I did my aquafit class and also 25 lenghts again tonight. Feeling very low energy today and don't think I pushed myself as much as going through the motions but at least I made it there and I am happy for that!

Annie, I am happy that you share your thoughts and feel it is an honour that you are comfortable to share them with us without the normal day to day censorship we sometimes use with others. It is what makes us so supportive at the core because we can truly understand one another and I thank you for your insights. They are helpful to me personally as I know they are to the group.

Cyan, great work on the exercise! I also gotta say that it's not easy to do what you tried to do with the chocolate bars and yet it sounds like barring the few that got away you put them away for a bit. Yaay! You have a lot of insight as to what you need for yourself in terms of support and I think it is normal to try and cope with such challenging circumstances in a comforting way--but you are now making steps to find a comforting and healthier way (for also taking care of you).

LadyRider, I like your advice. I do the same as you and eat less to compensate for the day before where I felt I overindulged.

Reina-mia, great work on the exercise! Maybe your morning inspirations will rub off onto all of us. I am not a morning person.

By the way guys, I had 6-12 ounce bottles of water today which is a record for me! And two decaf green teas, two decaf coffees...and I floated in the pool! I am meeting my girlfriend as a guest a her gym tomorrow night and then out to dinner and a movie so I will not be able to post until later.

Miki, how are you? What is new?

My promise for tomorrow is not to get any candy or popcorn at the movies and to order something reasonable from the menu tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone and I will touch base probably on Saturday!

Cjunk

Determined Annie 11-08-2002 02:06 AM

Hello All, I'm up late tonight. My schedule kinda ran over tonight. Guess I'm squeezing too much into one day lately. Plus had some unknown circumstances arise tonight. But just wanted to say thanks for the kind words. I also wanted everyone to know that when I do write my thoughts down they aren't directed towards anyone. I am refering to myself when I write about my feelings and a lifestyle change. Like I have mentioned so many times, some things work for some, and others it won't. We can all try all sorts of things, we need to find what works for us. I'm just one of those people that found out early in my lifestyle change that I wouldn't be able to induldge one day and make up for it the next. It doesn't work for me. It gives me too much room to make excuses for overeating and gives me a big reason to go ahead and pig out. It gives me that yo-yo affect. I need balance to go on and motivate myself. I've worked very hard on setting up good eating habits. I want to be in the habit of eating right all the time. It's not that I restrict myself from certain foods, but I do put a limit on how much I consume and I stick to it. I know there are certain foods that I would have a difficult time at stopping at a limit, so for now I avoid those foods. And as time goes on I'm learning that I really don't need those foods in my diet. One of them is donuts, I know I can't stop at eating just one donut, so why even have one. When I think about it, what good are they for my body. All of you have a good plan worked out, whatever works for you stick with it. All of you sound like you are getting healthier as each day passes. So whatever you're doing you're doing great at it. The exercise challenges are great for all of us. Cyan, it takes a lot of will power for you to put those candy bars out of sight. You're doing great, keep up the good work. Cjunk, you are so full of motivation, even with an injury you are right there doing your best and getting out there and taking control of your life. You did great on the water consumption, see that wasn't so bad was it ;) After a few more days of that you won't even think about that you have to drink your water. It will become a habit. A good one to have. LadyRider, I do the same as you. I keep track of everything. Sounds like you have a great plan going, Keep up the good work. Reina_mia, you are an inspiration to us all. First thing in the morning at that. It takes me atleast 20 minutes to even realize I'm awake. About your calorie intake, take that gradually. Don't try to decrease that too quickly. Let your body have time to adjust to the gradual decrease in calories. If not you will end up sick like I was the first week of my lifestyle change. Take things slow, sounds like you have a good plan for reaching your goals. A 1 to 2 pound weight loss a week is healthy, sometimes more than that can be due to muscle loss. And you don't want that to happen. I'm glad you've joined us, you will be a great inspiration and motivation to us all. Please don't challenge us to an early morning exercise challenge, I will lose that challenge for sure.
Well I need to get some sleep. Had a long night tonight, but did manage to get in 42 minutes of bike riding. I will talk with everyone later. I too will probably be missing tomorrow night also. So everyone keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing how everyone has done by Saturday. I'm going to watch my sugar intake and also ride that bike for 45 minutes. Good luck to everyone else.
Night All. Stay Confident.
:grouphug:

reina_mia 11-08-2002 12:18 PM

Good Morning All!

Well, one day was good, 2 days is even better. Ok, where is this energy coming from.....Up at 5:30 again to exercise. This time I did the Richard Simmons Dance. Not bad...

Well, I did my 30 minute walk, but I did get in the glider, and I did drink 4 8oz glasses of water...
I am trying.:o

Cyan: I am a very emotional eater... :tape: So I try to control it, but sometimes it is just a stronger power than I. We will fit this battle together!
I have even repeated that saying I saw somewhere this week and heard on Oprah. Nothing tastes as good as tasting Thin!!!
Can anyone relate to this?
I walked into McDonalds to buy my son a happy mean, before I knew it, I walked out with a mouth full of fries...Not even conscious to the fact, until afterward when I felt crappy....:?: :?: :?:

I have had a few days like that, where I am putting food I know I shouldn't be eating, but physically can't stop myself... I have even caught myself lying to Myself

I think this is what is giving me the determination to fight this battle and overcome this :devil:
I am giving myself a weekend Challenge!!!!!:yikes:
Last weekend was very difficult for me, I drank so much soda, and junk. I refuse to allow myself to do this.. I will eat healty greens and chix and fish all weekend. And drink 8 oz of water each day!

Annie- No early morning exercising, I promise. I need to rest this weekend. Thanks for the advice, I am certainly taking it very slow this time. I don't want to burn out too quickly(past experiences, that is why no diets work for me).

Lady Rider- Calorie counting is alot of work, and that alone tires me out, so I don't want to waste the time to figure out what to eat, so I rather not eat and just suck on some grapes! It has been working.

Ok all, I have decided to stop running into the Local YMCA to weigh myself and take the plunge and buy a scale. Any recommendations?

You all have a good day, and I will try to touch base over the weekend.

Happy Friday my Friends!

:balloons: :grouphug: :grouphug:

PreciousOne 11-09-2002 02:05 AM

Congrats to everyone!
I was able to get on the bike the other night but for only about 10mins kids wanted to ride too. After I put them to bed I did the 8 Minutes that I missed that morning and upped my windsprints from 3 to 4:cp: So I feel good about that!

Haven't been doing much exercise other than the 8 Minutes in the morning but at least that's something.

Got 56oz of water today! Going to TRY to get up in the morning and go for a 30min walk and the 8 mins.

Keep up the good work and take one day at a time!

cyan 11-09-2002 12:38 PM

Lost three pounds

Hey Girls...last night I didn't binge...I kept to 1500 cals and did not get the urge to stuff my face! And as usual, cycled for 30 minutes, for a distance of 8.8km

Lets hope today goes well...the eating part...I am getting ready to go for a speed walk with my friend. So that should be about an hour of brisk walking...yay!

Hi PreciousOne....isnt exercise addictive! The more you do it, the better you feel and it kinda becomes something to look forward to. What are windsprints? I have noticed that I now crave water...its becoming the norm for me to drink at least 2 liters of water per day...and if I dont get that much...I feel it...my body feels sluggish.

Hi Reina-mia you inspire me...getting up at 5.30 am to exercise...determination is your middle name :lol:
The water will get easier and you will acutally enjoy it...escpecially as you become fitter...you will feel the difference. And I so understand you about the binging...sometimes it is a greater power than me....So I've been doing some research and I now for the last two days have been using Garcinia Cambodgia..a natural herb used to cut the appetite...I take one pill after my evening meal...we'll see how that goes...last night...didnt binge...I'll keep you posted if the garcinia works....you can get it at gnc. Anyway, keep positive and make wise choices

Cjunk, Annie, LadyRider and Mikki....looking forward to hearing from you....I send all of you good energy and a big hug...thanks for being my health nut buddies:grouphug:

cyan

MikiG 11-09-2002 09:11 PM

Hi everyone:) My son had an out-of-town ballgame last nite, the nite before I had to work til 7 again, and today ( Sat) I worked from 10 until 4. So needless to say after doing the bare necessities around the house, I havent had as much time as I'd like to get in here. I hate the days I miss. Ya'll have no idea how much I learn from you all and how nice it is to constantly read how there are others who go thru all the hardships that I do concerning weightloss. This is such a great group!

I'm still drinking my water ( lots of it) but still not liking it. haha Not giving up on acquiring that craving for it, tho.

Ok, I dont want to be left out so (cant believe I'm saying this) I give up...Gonna take the exercise challenge. I am going to force myself to do some kind of exercise every day for the next week. Will probably be on my Air Walker. It's a glinder-type machine that works your legs and arms without putting force on your knees by bending them. Very easy to do but within 5 minutes, I"m out of breath. Working long hours isnt going to be an excuse. Even a few minutes is better than none. Just gotta keep telling myself that! ( and ya'll please remind me constantly too k? )

I have another challenge for myself also...and for anyone else out there that is like me in this area. I tend to let the scales judge me rather than just feeling ok when I know Ive eaten right. The first week that I started drinking my gallon of water, I lost 5 lbs. Then just a few days later ( less then a week later) I weighed and the scales showed right back where I started. I was sooo disappointed!! I did weigh again a couple days ago and it just showed 2 more instead of 5. Altho I know weight fluctuates and it can depend on time of day, fluid retention, and all kinds of things, I still tend to let it discourage me. I'll start thinking I've been doing pretty well so I'll weigh hoping to get encouraged if it shows I've lost some. And if I have, I do get encouraged. But if I havent, I go back to thinking I have blown it and will probably never get control so I'll binge or something. Sooo, my challenge to myself is to wait at LEAST 2 weeks before I weigh again. That will be very hard for me. I'm one of these who weighs almost daily. Does anyone else do that? And do any of you do like I do and let the scale determine how you've done instead of going by the actual facts of what you've eaten and how much you've excercised?? I'm also going to write my measurements down tonite and will check them again in 2 weeks. I havent done that yet.

Also, I dont know what "diet" I want to try. You can increase fiber, lower carbs, count calories, keep up with WW points or a million other things. Seems kinda overwhelming to know just what to do. Seems everyone does it differently. Would love for some of you to give me an example of what you eat on a good day...I mean like a meal by meal day, exactly what you have.

I do know I need to totally change the way I eat. I have never liked breakfast. Never have I gotten up hungry. And most days I end up working thru my lunch hour. I would say at least 4 days a week, I dont eat until I get home at nite to cook for my family. So it's not so much as how much I'm eating. It's the choices I'm making. I've always heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it's one that I've almost never eaten. Whew...sounds like another challenge to myself huh? lol I think I'm getting overwhelmed again! Do you all eat breakfast? I know eating 3 healthy meals a day is better than just having one unhealthy one but I seem to have this major feeling of guilt anytime I eat that much even when it's good-for-you foods.

Congrats to all of you who are doing so well on your exercise plans!!!! Maybe soon I'll be able to report that I'm right on track with ya. Going to start trying tonite!

Keep up the good work everyone. And keep the posts coming!! I love them all :)

MikiG 11-09-2002 09:45 PM

One more thing....just realized as I think back on things I generally eat, most of the things I REALLY like include things like breads, rice, potatoes, pasta, etc. Macaroni and cheese has always been a favorite, I love spaghetti, I love casseroles like broccoli/cheese/rice, etc...Fettuccini Alfredo....all that stuff. Badddd huh??

LadyRider 11-10-2002 08:58 AM

:wave:
Hi Everyone! Looks like this has been a busy weekend for all of us, not much time for the old computer.
I'm due to run today but the lazy Kriss is arguing with the helthy Kriss . I'll let you know tomorrow who wins.
reina_mia - you're right, calorie counting is a lot of work, and there are a lot of other ways to eat less. Find the one that works for you. ;) Glad you got the exercise thing going! Keep up the good work, you'll find your groove!
I felt frustrated and deprived yesterday and had an icecream sundae. Darn. Today I will get back on track.

MikiG - boy, you rang a bell for me! Yes I weigh too often - waaaay too often. sometimes several times a day! Just like you, I know weight fluctuates from minute to minute, but I'm always hoping to get that new lower number, and so discouraged when it goes up again. This is what I've been trying since I started this new life style (never say diet 8 weeks ago::o ) My official weigh in day is Monday, however I weigh each morning to get an indicator of how I'm doing. If I show a loss more than one day during the week and not on Weigh In Day, I know it's coming soon. for example one week I was down 2lbs three times during the week, but on Monday I showed no loss. I knew in my heart I was down the two pounds, and sure enough on Tues it was back down and stayed there for the rest of the week. It helps me not too put all my hopes on just one mornings weight. On the other hand, I really have to work to remember not to get discouraged if the scale shows I'm up a pound or two. That's the hard part. I also weigh at the same time and wear only my birthday suit. Taking my measurements has really helped. It shows me I'm losing in more ways than one.
You asked for an idea of what we eat. Here is a couple of days menues:
Breakfast:1/2 banana, 2pc pbutter toast 8oz OJ (435) Lunch: 1c tomato soup, 4 crackers (200) Snack: Crackers and frosting (400?)
Dinner:6oz ham (120)
Not all that well balance, but I often eat like this.
Another day:
Breakfast: None
Lunch:Cherry Health Shake made with slimfast and frozen cherries (300)
Dinner:3/4c Pasta with 3oz chicken, 3/4c asparagus, mushrooms and italian drsg.(400)
Snack:International coffee, 1 stalk celery (60) Snack:15 crutons (110)
And One More:
Tuesday Breakfast:2pc pbutter toast, milk (355)
Lunch: None
Dinner: 2 pc pizza (340)
Snack: Apple (70)
Snack: 3c popcorn (150)

I'm probably not a good role model for you. As you can see, these aren't well planned - balanced meals. I don't like too many rules, and I don't like to cook, so I eat what I feel like as long as the average daily calorie count is below 1000. On the plus side, I exercise 5 days a week and have lost an average of 1.5 lbs a week. :)
Keep looking at different diet plans, if necessary, create your own ,but find one that makes sense to you.
Don't go with my 1000 calorie daily average; it's too low. I just wanted to get a jump start, and now I'm slowly increasing it to a healthier average.

Good luck on your exercise challenge!

Annie, Cjunk, Prescious one, How are you doing?
Together we can do this!

PreciousOne 11-10-2002 10:31 AM

Hey all :wave:

I did it! I got up this morning and walked a mile! Going to get the 8 Minutes in before I go to work today.

The water is going good. Like Cyan I'm now craving it. I drink water all day and when I eat dinner I usually drink half a diet drink and water. Cyan, to do a windsprint you run from one point (say maybe 100 yards or less whatever you're comfortable with) to another and back as fast as you can. It builds your wind up. When I first started I could only do two so each week or whenever I felt comfortable I would at one. Only at 4 now but I'm going to get better! My husband stands outside and watches me like he's my coach or something!

MikiG you are right there are so many "diets" to choose from. I've found counting calories to be easier. Right now I'm doing 1500. It's working. I eat anything I want as long as I don't go over 1500 calories. Watch out for those fat grams also. Here's what I usally eat (breakfast and lunch almost never change nor do the snacks)

BREAKFAST/LUNCH (choose one of the following)
MultiGrain Cherrios(110) or Crispix(110) with non-fat milk(90)
1 Kiwi (49)
Kelloggs Creal bar(90)
Any power bar that's less than 200 calories( Dr Soy(180), Pria(110)
3 Egg whites(17 cal each)
Water

SNACK( about 4PM and again at 9PM)Choose one
Kiwi
Cereal bar or power bar
My new potato chip! Crispix Cereal (baked(to dry) with fat free itlian dressing, garlic or onion salt )(125)
Granola Bar Chocolate Smores( 135)
water

DINNER (6pm or before 8pm)
Anything as long as it fits into the calories
Half a diet soda and water

This mostly everyday but I'm just like everyone else I have my days! Sometimes I just have to have some kind of junk!

LadyRider I agree I don't like too many rules and mine aren't balanced either.

Keep up the good work everyone!