Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 12:31 PM   #16  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Melody i am sure glad that you not near me either in a storm!!!! wow i am sure glad you are OK!!! just be thankful that nobody was hurt.

Pam where are you hun??? how is the back holding out?? how is DH doing with the forced retirement??? is he getting things done in the house???

Pat the time frame gives you time to get things packed and cleared out. LOL it never works i used to wait till the last min then shove everything in boxes and take years to clear them out.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:28 AM   #17  
Work in Progress

HI all,
Well I agree that Kina will be a good kick in the butt. I have a head cold now. I think it is because I haven't been working out. I was up in my work out room yesterday to do some packing and realized how long it has been. Too much going on. Now ere are facing the holidays. Well I am focusing on what goes in my mouth now.

Melody, Take it easy on yourself. It takes a body and mind a bit of time to heal . Don't push that knee. Hugs to you!

Hey Sue. We got to get back on track girl! I got a "FIT" mag yesterday . It addresseed getting back. It was agood mag too. It had some good exercises. I am thinking of joining a gym. There is one 10 mins from my house. I realized that when I started this job and just w/o at home I wasn't doing as much or as intence strength training and my weight loss really slowed!

We will persevere!

You all have a great day!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:38 AM   #18  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Good morning to all. Today is going to be a tough one because it is my son's 9th birthday today. It will be hard one becuase of all the goodies that come with a celebration and two becuase his mom called this morning after 3 years. Okay I shouldn't let those things over power or jeopardize my success becuase in all actuality those are simply excuses ahead of time. Phooey on me. I have to say I have not jumped on my elliptical machine this weekend. But I was cleaning house all day and washing, drying, and folding clothes for a family of 6! I didn't even finish even though I was at it all day.

O well I promise to atleast get my exercise in just in case I fall off the wagon which I know that I will slightly.

Big smiles to all of you today.
Kina
Old 10-21-2002, 02:37 PM   #19  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Lost 2 more pounds!!!!!

I am finally down again to 186!

Life sucks as for that. I am really depressed, and I do not know why...too much happening at once I guess...I hate being like this....but I just can't shake it....mAYBE i HIT MY HEAD HARDER THAN i THOUGHT....

Well i will try to check in later girls....hang in there!

Happy Birthday to your son Kina...and if you fall off the wagon, do not beat yourself up about it....his is only once a yeaar....
Old 10-21-2002, 08:29 PM   #20  
Trying to find my way.

eat and enjoy this is a woe not a diet. so enjoy and then dust your self off. just as if you are driving and speed or run a red light you then do not continue to drive very fast or runn all the red lights?? no you then take ti easy and pay attention. think of this day like that so you have one bad meal snack day... what every get back up and continue on like it is over!!! done with ... there will be otherdays but for now concn=entrate on your goals!! (listen to my own advice!!)
Old 10-22-2002, 05:09 AM   #21  
Work in Progress

Good Morning all!
How is everyone?
The great thing about life is you never know what will crop up. Kina, I don't know you but don't let one phone call and all that it may bring get you off track. Focus on your son as he will probably be quite unsure as to what this means after 3 years. ANd Sue is right a small piece is OK for today.

Melody. I think things have probably caught up with you. It is OK to be depressed angry etc. You have had a time girl. Expereince your emotions, just don;t become destructive to yourself. Maybe an afternoon away? It doesn't have to involve $. Just a couple of hours in a peacful; place. Congrats on the weight loss!

Hey Sue, How goes it? How is the family and what about your new work opportunity?

Here are some links that were attached to the locarb nexas site.
http://www.grossweb.com/asdlc/faq.htm
http://www.lowcarbeating.com/
http://wilstar.com/lowcarb/
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/LowcarbingDream/
http://www.lowcarb.org/

Nothing new on the house. The bank guy has been away. Still would like to hear about the apprasal. DH has talked about packing some boxes. Progress.
Hello Pam I hope you are well

Hello Terri, Lee and Dana!
Old 10-22-2002, 12:42 PM   #22  
Muscle Mommy

Hello all!

The doc took me off of work for a week...give the knee time to heal up...it is still swelled, and bruised, and I have water on my knee, so she upped my Vioxx dosage, and we are hoping for the best...I guess there goes training for that 5K....Will I ever get to do that?

I feel better today...just sleepy....not as down in the dumps. I got online and looked at cars. I think I want a Blazer. I need something big for all the kids, and i am just not the minivan type...no offense for those who are...I really hate car shopping! It's not the shopping part. It's the financing part. I have rotten credit, so they love to rake me over the coals. I dread going through that...And all the paperwork...I always get nauseous, realizing I am signing my life away for the next 5 years!

But if you believe my Dad, he said "Don't worry about what you get....you'll just wreck it in a year anyway!" Don't you love grumpy retired men?

Well I will get off of here, and go shop some more...Have a great day!
Old 10-23-2002, 04:48 PM   #23  
Muscle Mommy

I have lost 3 more pounds!!!

Don't know why or how, but hey! I am not complaining! I think it is because I am not at work sucking down all the soda I tend to drink at work...my water has been excellent since I have been off of work....that might have something to do with it!

Since I am not working out, I am also off my diet fuel...give my body a break til' it heals up. Then i will get right back up on that horse. I set a Christmas mini goal of 170....if I do it, I will celebrate for days! You will all be invited!

Well, I hope eveyone is well...Pam I am thinking of you...Girls...check in!

love, me
Old 10-23-2002, 07:14 PM   #24  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Way to go Melody! That is great. I only lost a total of 3 lbs in 4 weeks. I am hoping to be at 150 by April. I would really like to see 175 by Christmas.

I have tons do here at the house. I better get busy so that I can have my homework done by midnight. Oh I remember what i was going to ask what is Diet fuel?

bye. Kina
Old 10-23-2002, 07:29 PM   #25  
gbo

I havent weighed myself in several weeks but I will this Friday. I am still in a good bit of down time...( Not at all well), why I don't exactly know but I do have these spells. Fortunately it is not to often these days compared to how it used to be. We are fine. Hubby is doing some things but he accomplished much more when I am up and about. Guilt I think! LOL. I haven't been online for quite a while but thought I had better check in while I can. The back is fine but I am dealing with profound exhaustion and extreme weakness. It feels like a bad flu but it isn't so I am kind of groggy daily. Just not all here. It will pass in time.....any time now would be fine!!!!!!! You are all in my thoughts daily. I am just not mentally or physically with it in any form. Love to you all.
Pam
Old 10-23-2002, 09:12 PM   #26  
Trying to find my way.

Melody way to go with the weight loss. it is the rest and relaxation that is doing it.
Pat i am thinking of your and the house. what a nail nibbler!!! i have had some one call me and ask if i wiould be interested in part time teaching clinical for the lpn class wed and thru evenings. what a opportunity!! i am so excited!! so i will se about that soon.

Kina where did you get that neat thing that writes your name??? how about lets start to post a diet thread or add it to this thread so we can see if there is something in your diet that you should not be eating. the tree lbs is not bad but i know how you feel it should be melting off. !!! some times there are things in your diet that can cause stalls. so cough it up and lets see what you are eating!!!

Pam i think of you every day and how y9ou are doing glad you have checked in but sure sorry that you are not feeling up to par!! i will be waiting for your return!!

well let me go first with the food

as of monday i hit the scale (with water weight) at a wopping 190

food today was

shake for lunch with a salad and small chunk of pepperoni
s- rest of the shake
d- 2 hanburgers amslost 3/4 lbs of meat.

i know bad food intake but it has not been a good day!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 11:29 PM   #27  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Sue I really think I should create a journal that shows my daily intake for the whole day. I don't think the whole world would like me crowding the thread with my food intake. But since I am here this is what i ate today.

Breakfast: Atkin's chocolate shake

Lunch: crispy chicken salad with ranch dressing

Dinner: crispy chicken salad with ranch dressing

Nothing but water with each meal. I did sneak a lollipop and a jawbreaker and 1 hershey milk choc. kiss. I was sure to drink more than the suggested 8 glasses of water for sure. That was my day for today. I will report in tomorrow. I will have to figure out how to create a journal and also make time for it.

Thanks for asking Sue.
Kina
Old 10-23-2002, 11:30 PM   #28  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

OOOoooops! I forgot to respond to my avatar. Thank you a online friend made it for me. Isn't it the coolest. i don't know how she made it but it was really sweet of her to do it for me even though I didn't even ask. Thanks for noticing.

Kina
Old 10-24-2002, 05:50 AM   #29  
Work in Progress

Good morning all!
How is everyone. I am so glad we are checking in!

Pam I am sop glad to see you stopped by. I am so sorry that you are still unwell. How is your mom doing. Take it easy girl and check in when you can!

Melody Way to go!!! Let yourself heal!

Kina, I was told I should drink 1/2 my weight in water. Don't worry about where you list your food. Next week I will change the challenge post to one that we can list w/o and food and water!

Sue God is definately teaching me patience. That teaching opportunity sounds very exciting!!! Your energy will make it great. and since it is an eve, thing it sounds like it will be adult learners!

NOthing new for me in any front!

Have a great day
Old 10-24-2002, 08:59 PM   #30  
Trying to find my way.

Pat i have decided that although i really want to do that. i can not mentally or emotionally do it let alone physically. DH is not supporting me in that and his comment was you can not do the things now. so what does he do sit on his butt and watch me struggle!! i do not want to get started on that right now i did earlier and mindlessly shoved a few handfuls of M&M's in the mouth before i realized it happened.

melody great going!!

kina you are not eating enough!1 your calories must be under 1000 that is the fastest wayt o slow your metabolism down. yes i did say eat more!! try it i fried did that and lost 10 inches in a month!

my foods

again bad (kina i should bite my fingers for typing this as i ate too little but also bad stuff to boot)

b- nothing
s- 1/4 bagel, and 1 slice of bread (free samples at the store and probably my down fall for today, as it lead to cravings that were not resisted)
l-12 oz of steakums with small onion and pepers and 2 - 3 oz of cheese

1 tootsie pop

chicken and salad

hen 2 handfuls of M&M's

hopefully that will be it!!

Last edited by nasus40; 10-24-2002 at 09:02 PM.
Closed Thread