Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

resisted a chocolate that was bought for me yesterday
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Well done for resisting it yesterday! Did you eat it today?

I just planted some herbs! Yeah, yeah, I know I did this last year too, but they died...from lack of water and TLC. I figure I can handle a couple of pots for now

I realised today, when I was planning my meals, that I use a lot of herbs in the recipes. And when I buy fresh herbs from the supermarket, I tend to just use a bit of them before having to throw them out because they are wilted and yucky! Fresh herbs straight from the plant will reduce the expense and waste!

I got basil, chives, parsley, coriander and thyme. I will eventually get some rosemary and dill too.

I did 8.8kms with Dixie this morning, three stops up that bloody hill, but shorter duration - I caught my breath quicker!

On track with my points for today. And still feeling great about my loss!

Off work still for this week, but definately back next Monday for a week, but on short hours. Then two weeks off (leave I booked a couple of months ago) as I have a friend and her daughter visiting and I'll have to entertain them. Speaking of which, the daughter turns 15 while she is here, any suggestions as to what I can do for her? I have known the kid since she was in her Mums tummy, but I don't really know her...if that make sense?

How's everyone else doing??

Last edited by Lindor; 06-21-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:44 AM   #18  
It's ME!

Well done Lindor & Gen for your losses

Great to hear everyone sounding so motivated!!

My weekend wasn't great - no exercise and I lost the plot a bit with my eating but hey, it's not the end of the world and it's not going to put me off my stride.

I'm right on track with my points for today and I had an awesome session at the gym - did weights for the first time in months and wasn't nearly as feeble as I expected! Then 40 minutes cardio.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #19  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

nerr nerr Lindor I did NOT eat it. I saw it when i opened the fridge and walked away without a second thought the scales are not budging however when i went to work today not only were my undings creeping halfway down my arse but so were my work pants woohooo
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:01 AM   #20  

8.8kms with Dixie again today...but just two stops up that hill! Weird thing is, looking at it from the bottom, the hill doesn't appear that steep! I actually have what looks like a steeper hill around the first corner from leaving my yard...I get up that one easily enough!

Once I conqueur that hill, I'll look at extending the loop a bit more.

On track with meals and water.

I am trying to get myself into my 'work routine' this week. Up at 4.30am, bed early, meal times etc. I want to try to get my bike ride in at 3.30pm, which will be the most approproate time when I do get back to work and knock off at 2.30pm. Thing is, so I notice today, I get aggitated if I haven't been for my ride before lunch!

Vonni, have you tried another set of scales?

And well done on the gym visit Julia!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 AM   #21  
It's ME!

Well I knackered myself at the gym last night ... I'm so sore today! So I've given myself the day off to rest and I'll go back tomorrow.

Lindor well done you for all your bike riding!

I've eaten all of my points for today so have to be strong and not eat anything more tonight. I had a good dinner so am not hungry, just feel like nibbling.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:51 AM   #22  
It's ME!

Oh dear. Not half an hour later and one weight watchers toffee bar later I'm 2 points over.

DOH!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:01 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I'm going to Bali in five weeks .

I'm taking my friend whose sister died. I figure that after spending endless months putting her own life on hold, and being completely consumed by illness, hospitals and terrible sadness that she needs a little bit of nurturing. A few day spas in Ubud should help her a little bit.

Been off track for the past week, but am getting right back into it tomorrow.

Lindor you are inspiring me - it's just fantastic to see you getting some positive results, and to hear that determination again.

Bugger - forgot to put the bin out, and now it's raining. So looks like I'm gonna get wet…
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:17 AM   #24  

Woohoo, Ani!

I think it is a sweet thing you are doing for your friend and I am sure you will both enjoy it there...and you both deserve it!

So what's the five week goal?? And how can we help you achieve it??

I'm up for a five week challenge...what's it going to be??
Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

That's so kind of you, Ani.

Lindor, I agree - it's been aaaages since I remember you being so gung ho, it's great! I think we all got back on the wagon at the same time!

I felt very sinful tonight, made burritos with wrap, salsa, chicken w. burrito seasoning, tomato, lettuce, light cheese. Also had some refried beans (even though dad said it looked like dog food when I opened the can... and it kinda did!) - they are actually very low fat and calories, and high protein.

Anyhow, I weighed it all out and entered into my Spark People. Not so bad! I actually had enough for 3 but could hardly eat the second, so I put the rest away for lunch tomorrow. Total was 630 calories - high, but i had plenty left and will still come in under calories today. Thought sodium would be crazy but under 1800 for the day still.

Actually just had a yoghurt, milk, sustagen milkshake because my fat, calcium and calories were still too low for today.

Have been elliptical-ing each night. Skipped tonight as I have a massive headache, but will get back to it tomorrow.

Mum's coming home tomorrow after 10 days in palliative care unit, think pain is more under control so should be good to be home. I can't lie, it's been a nice break for me too - I sleep a lot better when I don't have one ear out listening for her at night.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:31 AM   #26  
It's ME!

Yum Gen your burritos sound great!

Ani that's lovely that you're taking your friend away. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time

I'm on track today and have been to the gym and done 30 mins weights circuit and a 20 min walk.

Oh, and I got the results today from my second assignment and I got an A!! WOOHOO!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #27  

Today was just one of those days where time just vanished!

Just as I was headed out the door to take Dixie for a ride this afternoon, I got a phone call that meant I had to go into town for an appointment.

By the time I got home again it was late and I really didn't feel like riding while all the evening joggers and dog walkers were on the paths. So we never got out today.

If I am feeling particularly keen tomorrow, I might take Dixie further or even entertain the idea of going out twice.

I am on track for food and water.

Well done for your good day Julia!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:18 AM   #28  
It's ME!

Good on you Lindor for being on track with your food and water

I wish I could say the same!

Weighed in at weight watchers tonight and am down 400g Unfortunately my brain has taken that as license to binge and I came home and instead of having dinner I had a platter of cheese and pate and crackers and bread all washed down with 3 glasses of wine.

Bugger

I just don't know where my head is at at the moment. I'm sweet during the daytime but lose the plot on a regular basis! Tomorrow night I've got a dinner out with my workmates so am going to have to be very careful there. Need to do more exercise over the weekend to make up for the overindulgence with food so I will make that my focus.

How is everyone else doing ... Ani, Gen, Vonni, Amy ... Hope you're all ok!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I'm travelling OK - been emptying out my bank account for passport, airfare, and finding accommodation. We have got an excellent adventure planned, and I can't wait .

This week I got good news at work - I'm being put back into the department I love, and it has made such a difference to my attitude - so all is looking good here.

Shame it was 2ºC when I left for work this morning - FREEZING! And it's going to be even colder tomorrow morning.

Anyway, it's great to hear how everyone else is doing. Lindor I expect to hear more about Dixie's adventures too .
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Went for the longest (529 calories burned!) walk with a friend yesterday along the beach path, including a few steeeeep hills.. and in total pain today! Hips, calves, back.. arggh! Who knew bloody walking would cripple me!?
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote