Women of Color #3

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • Happy tuesday ladies!!!!!!

Im happy to see that more and more post are coming on! Ive been ok Ill workout tonight. Ive restarted my entire plan and just plan to stick it out and keep going. My goal is to shed 70 lbs. I know its possible.

My question to you gals are do you have any motivational things that help you through each day???? I think I need to take pics of myself naked lol that would motivate the heck out of me

I hope you are all having a great week!
  • i've been consistent with working out and staying OP..its liek second nature to me now.i'm finally out the 180's..now time to get out the 170's by the beginning of summer.i plan to be at my goal weight when school starts back in late august!i also want to do somthing big for my 19th birthday in august.. omg it sounds so close..me almost at 150 pounds?!normal weight?! NO WAY!! im so excited
  • Quote: Happy tuesday ladies!!!!!!

Im happy to see that more and more post are coming on! Ive been ok Ill workout tonight. Ive restarted my entire plan and just plan to stick it out and keep going. My goal is to shed 70 lbs. I know its possible.

My question to you gals are do you have any motivational things that help you through each day???? I think I need to take pics of myself naked lol that would motivate the heck out of me

I hope you are all having a great week!
    Hey Matilda - u can do it! I just focus on how I want to make it through the week before my splurge day. I also focus on my end goal - and how I'm worth it and deserve the best. I know maybe that sounds lame but maybe find an outfit you want to fit into and focus on that?

Anyway ladies --- just a story I wanted to share. I go to this gym where i pay about $20 a month on top of that I just signed up for a fitness bootcamp where I pay around $80 a month. I decided to give up some other unnecessary things to make sure I invest in myself. Anyway these women at the gym told me that I'm crazy to pay so much and that it's not worth it financially! They told me how could I pay money for someone to yell at me (I signed up to a fitness bootcamp where I weigh in every week) -- I was surprised.....I mean aren't we worth it? They told me you should be self motivated to stick to it. Frankly there is nothing better than being in an environment around people who are super serious about weight loss no matter what the cost. I've spent SO MUCH money eating out and on junk food in the past why shouldn't I spend money on getting myself fit no matter what it takes. Have people reacted to you in the same way before?
  • Caliyah- thanks for the kind words, yeah I pay 50 a month for my gym membership but I feel that its well worth it. I love love the gym I attend. The best part is that its strictly females and the instructors know just how to get the areas us women need to focus on.

Brit- you are really doing the darn thang!!!!! go head girl you need to post more pics!!!!

Ive lost a few lbs this week but im sure its from the official new start. today I weighed in at 246 down from 150 so Ill take that!

Keep up the good work ladies, more than you know it helps me!
  • Hey Ladies,
    Brit - You are doing great. Please post some pictures so we can see all that hard work.
    Matilda - Congrats on the pounds lost so far. As for my motivation: All over my house are signs of my goal and the date I want to get there. It's on the frige, bathroom mirror, dresser, closets, the baby's room, the only place it's not is my car. I also do the calorie counting challenges. The ladies have been extremely motivating and if you post regularly or least read the posts daily you can stay motivated. I also took naked pics of myself and look at them often. I do that monthly and it is amazing to see the rolls of fat disappearing. It's truly profound how your body will change...in ways only you can see. I look at myself in the mirror a lot so I can see the progress I've made so far and it keeps me going cause I want to see how I will look at a size 10. YOU CAN DO IT!! We are going to be here to cheer you on!!
    Caliyah - Yes we are worth it. I think whatever the cost we pay for our health is very very worth it.

I've been on plan except for the fish and hush puppies last night. I've been working out hard because I really want to be smaller by the family reunion. It would be nice to be in a 14 by then but I think with my schedule change at work for June and July it may be August before I get there. I will pursue it for the fourth of July though. I can always change my birthday goal if I get there early.
  • Hey Ladies,

It's good to see that everyone is doing good.

Jiggle Great job on the size 16.

This week has been great so far, food and exercise on point.

To all my natural ladies- I'm still transitioning, its been about 8 months so far and I'm loving it.

Continue the good work ladies...
  • still on plan ladies! = ) great 2 see everyone on plan and sticking to it. i've been really trying to work hard on getting my workouts in i feel thats whats helped me the most! = )
  • thanks ladies..here are some recent pics of my body..the first pic was when i was 286lbs..the last 2 were taken recently(excuse the sweat, i just got done working out)..every bone that was covered in fat is finally coming more pronounced..collarbone,legs shaping,arms,etc

• Brit - You look fantastic!! Keep up the good work. It is amazing to see how far you have come!!
  • wow Brit you look amazing! how long did it take u?
  • hey ladies

whaddya say we start a summer weight loss challenge? like we did last summer with the assorted chocolates one? i think it would be great motivation
  • Ladies I am feeling better and better each day. It feels so good to be back in the swing of things. I have WI tonight (yup still weight watching after 2 years) and I so confident it will be good. PINK Ladies Running meets for the first time this weekend and I couldn’t be more excited!
    S/N: I read something in someone’s post about people expecting us to be self motivated and doing it on our own. A woman in WW’s said that same thing last week. It was funny because I was talking with her before the meeting and she was explaining how she was 3X WW dropout and how she gained it all back in a couple months each time. I told her that for me I need to be here to weigh at least 1-2 a month to stay on track and keep going. Her exact words were “Yeah I think I need the meeting. If I had kept coming I wouldn’t have gained all this weight back”. SO naturally when she made her statement about being self-motivated I kindly reminded her of her statement prior and how simply being in this meeting was getting support. I mean yeah youhave to want to do it for your self but no one does along, whether it is cyber space, a friend, a spouse or simply co-workers telling you great you look and to keep up the good work!!!!!

Matilda – First off Heeeeey Lady!!!I want to say WTG for not giving up and staying active. A major part of us continuing to lose is to stay in the game in way or another, pushing the roughest times and feelings until someday, one day it clicks like BOOM POW! “Now I just have to eat right”. You get major kudos for doing just that!!!!! And I agree that we need to post more…I am guilty of not posting when I know I should. I will work on that even if is just a “Hey ladies”. You asked what we use for motivation…Well for me when I get into a rut I re-evaluate my reason for losing the weight and living healthy in the first place. Then I may pull out some old pics of me that I don’t care for. Another thing I do is think back to when I couldn’t 10 miles or more, or when I couldn’t run TWO. I feel so good about what I have accomplished that I want to do more and I am so far away negative at that point I am all pumped again. Maybe you need to break yours goals down into 5 lbs increments and use little rewards to help you stay motivated. We all feel how you feel sometime….just force yourself out of your comfort zone.

Brit _ You look amazing young lady. It is so exciting and almost unreal once you get that close to your WL goals. I am so happy for you. I remember when I first noticed my collar bones….I almost passed out!!! LMBO

Mytime – Congratulations on your 8 month mark of transitioning. The journey is definitely a fun time. When do you plan on doing the BC. Are you waiting on a time or a length?

JiggleFREE – You look Fan-tabulous!!!! Your name is so fitting right now!!! I was so excited to see your new avi. I thought to myself “she got in her JEANS” before I ever read your post. Man when you get to your Family Reunion they are gonna be complimenting your for days. Everyone is gonna want to know what you did and how long it took. Be prepared because you are going to have some followers soon. How is your running coming??

Starsparkle – Welcome. This is group is truly awesome!!

Grneyed – You know the drill. Do something, anything. One thing at a time. Start just by walking each day and then work on other things like food or whatever. I am glad to see you maintained during your hiatus…that is ALWAYS a plus!!! We are so glad to have back.

Beaka
    – My love, well you know how I feel about you….ANIMAL THUGGN!!!! I am sooo proud of you. The running club was an awesome idea, because its like you know someone is expecting you to show up. Not to mention it really does help to have people that are interested in what you are doing. Just like being here. You are so close. We are going to want pictures soon miss thang!

Perdue – Sounds like you already know what you have to do…..JUST DO IT. (in my Nike commercial voice) lol. We are always here to listen and offer support and motivation. Its great that you are working out so much!!! Keep that up

Caliyah – Welcome Back! Dam Skippy we are worth it. If we don’t invest in ourselves…no one else will. We have to put ourselves first and then others take notice and follow suit. The money is well spent if you are taking the classes and bettering yourself or more healthy, happy life.

Thanks for allowing to write a novel….ladies….I love ya’ll
  • Caliyah- a challenge would be soooo wonderful!!!!!! I am def in.

Brit- go shorty its ya birthday!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!

Cake- Thanks for all the kind words or wisdom. I do kind of break my goals into small increments. I also think that works best. Glad to see that you are going strong!!!!!

Ive been doing good this week. Eating has been on point. I didnt get to the gym last night but today I will be there!!1

Happy thursday ladies!!!!
  • Ive lost two more lbs putting me at 246!!! I must keep going
  • go Tilly Go Tilly Go Tilly