3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 07-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #241
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

I def want to start getting body massages, especially since I run a lot.

I just came from my workout with my sister. We both did an hour of cardio, so I'm feelin good about that. I have a mini vacation from work so I'm excited about that. Oh yeah, I'm planning on opening up a gym membership this friday!!!
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #242
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I got two workouts in today. 60mins of kickboxing and 60min body to pump and Im sooooooooooooo tired but in a good way lol

GOALS
1- 203 back to low
2- 199 - Most important goal!!
3- 180- FINAL Goal/Re-evaluation

"Believe in yourself"
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #243
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

woke up this morning and weighed myself...yay finally out the 170's...169.8! the 170's has been a long struggle for me to get out of.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #244
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/172/160

Height: 5'8"

U go Brit! I too have lost 2 more lbs. This weight loss journey is really long....i am averaging around 2lbs a week now....but I have to keep pushing along.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #245
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!
Matilda - I think that is great. I can only imagine how tired you are and at the rate you are going you will be in the 220s before labor day. I've been doing two workouts a day all week one of which includes a 1 mile run and my body is crying.
Brit - Congrats on the new decade!! You are doing a really good job.
Slim - Good work getting those two pounds off consistently.

I didn't workout this morning but I will at lunch and again when I get home. Probably do 30DS level 3. I know one thing...all this running makes me more hungry and I'm trying to stay in my 1300-1500 calorie range. Last night I was way out of the park...I think I was at 1900 -2000. I don't like that especially since I'm trying to get to a size 14.

Question: Does running swell your muscles when you first start?
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #246
I luv my curves

Brit- wtg! I know what you mean the 230s and 220s are always hard for me. Im planning to fly through them. "20lbs TIL GOAL" GO GIRL!!!!!!

Jiggle- thanks yeah Im trying to push myself because for some reason I like working out in the summer more than any other time of year. Running does make you hungry when it does I think its ok to load up on protien. Youd be surprised sometime those high calorie days once in a while boost your loss happens to me all the time. Keep up the good work!!

Slim -congrats two lbs is better than nothing

Im 235 ten lbs away from my mini goal!!!! *pat on my back*

GOALS
1- 203 back to low

"Believe in yourself"
Old 07-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #247
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Ladies

I'm going to cheat a little bit, by jumping right on in. I promise to be caught up by Monday evening though.

About me...

I'm getting back in the fight! It's been a lifelong struggle, and I've tried lots of diets and lots of plans. The best I ever did, for the longest period of time, was to eat sensibly and exercise 5 - 6 days a week. So that's what I'm doing now. I can name a billion plans that worked for me in the past, but right now I'm just going for doable lifestyle changes. I want to get this weight off, and I want to get off the bp meds I've been on for about 6 months now.

My exercise plan is ANYTHING by Jillian Michaels or Jackie Warner M, W, F. Starting tomorrow, I'll be working on the Couch to 5k plan T, Th and S. I'd starting running last summer, making great progress, and losing weight. I had some health issues starting in September that went on for months. I'm ready to get back in now though. Also, I plan to run a 5k race on September 19 of this year.

It's a little harder this time. Maybe it's having been on bedrest for three months, being a little older or (and I suspect this is it) I developed a smoking habit sometime in March or April. For a long time I would only smoke if I drank. That finally caught up with me and it become an everyday thing. Not anymore though! Of all the things that can take me out, I'd rather it be old age. Not heart disease, cancer or emphysemia (sp?). So I've put the death sticks down for good!

Well, I think that's it in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know each of you. I'm so glad this thread exists. I joined 3fc years ago, and I loved belonging to an active thread. It helped me immensely.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #248
No more +sizes

Good morning Ladies,

Amany - Jump right in and join the fun.

Matilda - I think you are doing a great job. What happens after the summer is over that you don't workout as much?

Well I'm bout to do 30DS level3. I will workout at least once a day except on Sunday. Looking forward to August coming and getting back into my regular workout routine. The family reunion is next weekend and I'm down to where I wanted to be and really excited about seeing how my mom and dad reacts because they have only seen pictures of me since Christmas.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #249
I luv my curves

Amanda- WELCOME!!!! Join in a post as often as you like the more the merrier!!!

Jiggle I will still be able to workout five days a week when sept comes its just going to take more will power because Im busier because of school but ive worked it out and Ive made a promise to myself that I will keep it up. Before summer I was still able to work out but my DIET was my problem. I am just getting serious about what I put in my mouth and its been all the difference so that saying 80% diet 20% fitness holds true for me because I was working out almost a entire year not losing or really gaining because I wasnt watching diet. THis has been a LONG journey for me. Last year in march I was 220! I gained 30lbs back and Im almost back to the point I was at before I gained it all back. I started in april of 2008 at 255. This time is different though I feel it. I have to finish what Ive started!!!!

Today I weighed in at 234! Off to the gym shortly. Im sore so today will be a light day walking for 90 mins on the treadmill. Enjoy your weekend ladies....

GOALS
1- 203 back to low

"Believe in yourself"
Old 07-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #250
No more +sizes

I'm getting frustrated. I know when I started I gave myself until October to get down to a size 10 but for the last couple of months I haven't been moving as much. I think it's time to tweak my eating plan. Don't get me wrong, there is some progress and my body is toning up really well so when the jiggle is gone I will look lean. I just hate that it's taking so long to get from the size 16. Even though it should have taken longer to get through the bigger sizes it didn't now it's getting hard to deal with the fact that it's taking longer to get through these sizes.

Matilda You are absolutely right, the eating is more of it and I think I have to get more strict about it. I've been eating out in the evenings more since I've been working this new schedule. I'm so tired when I get off. I have to cook dinner for the week today. So my family can have dinner. I will be going back to my 1200 calories until my schedule gets back to me being able to workout more. I want see how I do eating 1200 cals for two weeks. I will weigh myself today and see where I am and where I'll be by the end of the second week. I need to see some progress...somewhere.

Last edited by jigglefree; 07-11-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #251
I luv my curves

Jiggle I think that you will see results. You dont have to be a daily weigher. You can weigh in when you feel there are plenty people that weigh in less often. You can try weekly monthly etc you may be at a point where you are losing lbs. Also you have been working out for a while and you probably lost more weight than you think. I cant wait to hear how your now plan will work it sounds great!!

Hey ladies!!

GOALS
1- 203 back to low

"Believe in yourself"
Old 07-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #252
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Hey ladies, just wanted to give a quick update, I started Turbo Jam last Sunday and have dropped 3 pounds this week, I was getting stagnant again, so I started a whole new program and its SO much fun and it WORKS! I plan to do this for the next 2 months and see if my results warrant continuing for the advanced cycles.

Amany- Welcome and come right on in and get comfortable!!

Matilda, Brit, Energie You're all doing so great! Keep up the good work, I look to tall of you for inspiration!

Jiggle You're doing great, I was more worried about sizes in the beginning as well, then I realized that in some stores I was a 14, some a 16, some an 18 etc. So it drove me crazy. Which unfortunately made me more of a scale person now lol. So I guess its like a "pick your poison" type thing, but as long as you see changes in your body, try not to focus so much on being a size (insert here). You'll be fine!

ULTIMATE Goal

End of August Goal
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #253
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

IA with Matilda, jiggle. sizes run funny..i can range from a size 12 to 16 in different stores actually.i try not to get up tight about pants sizes cuz i have a slight big butt, big ol thighs and thick legs/calves and i know those play a role in what size i can get into.

i am proud of myself this week..ive been OP and worked out everyday of the week except today..i may get in a workout later on though..so that will make everyday of this week i workout

i think my body like around 1400-1500 calories..i notice on those days i loose more the next morning on the scale.

is anyone other than me addicted to shopping now? i used to hate it but now i love shopping and going in the dressing room trying on things...its crazy how i can look at the 2x-3x shirts on the rack and see that they would clearly swallow me now.im wearing L's and M's now.

haha sorry i just love coming here to ramble..

Last edited by Brit; 07-11-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #254
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

I havent gotten to the point where I can enjoy shopping JUST yet lol. I started out wearing a size 20 and I am now down to a size 14 in most stores. Some of the 14s are pretty loose fitting but for some reason I havent tried on a size 12 yet. Its like Im scared or something, its weird I know, but I know once that 12 hits, there's no stopping me and Ill be a shopping ADDICT, I can see it coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit View Post
IA with Matilda, jiggle. sizes run funny..i can range from a size 12 to 16 in different stores actually.i try not to get up tight about pants sizes cuz i have a slight big butt, big ol thighs and thick legs/calves and i know those play a role in what size i can get into.

i am proud of myself this week..ive been OP and worked out everyday of the week except today..i may get in a workout later on though..so that will make everyday of this week i workout

i think my body like around 1400-1500 calories..i notice on those days i loose more the next morning on the scale.

is anyone other than me addicted to shopping now? i used to hate it but now i love shopping and going in the dressing room trying on things...its crazy how i can look at the 2x-3x shirts on the rack and see that they would clearly swallow me now.im wearing L's and M's now.

haha sorry i just love coming here to ramble..

ULTIMATE Goal

End of August Goal

Last edited by PurdueGirl98; 07-11-2010 at 08:58 PM.
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #255
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Brit: Yeah, you should totally enjoy the fruits of your hard labor. When I get closer to my goal I think I'll get more into buying new clothes. Right now, I'm trying to buy as few clothes as possible because I don't intend to stay this size for very long (10/12). In other 10-15 pounds I can be in an 8, and I expect that to only take a month or so. Then the shopping fun can begin!

Down to 163.9. At this rate, I can totally reach my 23 July goal of 158. I was out of town this weekend and we did a ton of walking, and I ate pretty well. Oh, and I'm not weightlifter at all, but I notice that I'm getting more definition in my arms and abs.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote