3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 07-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #226
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

the past 3 days have been crazy and so has my eating.had so much family drama and my grannys funeral so you can only imagine what i ate for stress relief.but everything is over and i am good..back to the weight loss grind

on another note..at the funeral..no one in my family recognized who i was! last time i was seen by them was last summer..100lbs ago. so i blushed over the compliments and oohs and awws lol

Last edited by Brit; 07-04-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #227

Height: 5'10"

Hey Ladies,

Haven't posted in awhile. My life is crazy at the moment. My grandmother had a heart attack and now that she is home. I was elected to stay with her during the day because i'm out of school for the summer and unemployed. I really don't mind it at all because I love my grandma. But my diet and workout has suffered.

So I need some tips on making great eating choices when your schedule is crazy and your not home. Also any exercise tips would be greatly appreciated. (Keep in mind I'm usually there for about 14 hours and she can't be left alone) Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I am trying to stay motivated but its hard. Keep up the good work ladies.

Short term goal
mytime2Bsuccessful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #228
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

CakeBatter - Hey, how'd the race go? Hope it was great! Yay for you for being so active. Personally I haven't raced since, like, 2006!

SlimCB - Good job on the workouts! You'll be at your goal in no time.

energie - you're an inspiration. we have similar starting stats and goals. definitely gives me hope!

Brit - sorry to hear about your granny. hope that the family drama will settle down. isn't it awesome to hear compliments from people, especially people you haven't seen in a while. i love that feeling. bask in it -- you earned it!

mytime2Bsuccessful - hope your grandmother's on a road to a good recovery. bless you for staying with her and supporting her. as for food choices, I'd definitely meal plan and make meals in advance for on-the-go. as far as exercise there, i'd probably get a tae bo/aerobics dvd/tape. If you have a nintendo wii you could bring it and get one of the exercise games (my personal favourite is dance dance revolution -- i swear by that thing.)

As for me, the scale is stalled, but I'm not worried. I've been OP and I'm just having some water retention. The scale will drop later on this week. I'm pretty determined to be down into the 150s by the 20th of this month.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #229
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

Old 07-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #230
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/306.0/200

Height: 5'9

Brit - Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my grandmother a few years ago, right when I started law school. I turned to food then, which was a bad idea. But looking at your numbers, you have come so far and you will get through this. Remember food is not love. I'm sure you know this already though.

mytime2Bsuccessful I hope your grandma gets better soon. I would echo everything that fivestone said, plus I would recommend using times when your grandmother is resting to get a workout in if you can. Are there stairs in her home? Maybe you can do a certain amount of steps while she is taking a nap, or one of the workout videos fivestone referenced. Also, if you are on the go, can't pre plan food, and have to eat out, don't be afraid to ask for nutritional information at the places you eat. You'd be surprised that there are some low calorie options depending on where you eat. You are probably super stressed though, and this is hard, but you know if you can take care of yourself it will be a little easier to take care of her.

Success is neither magical nor mysterious.
Success is the natural consequences of
consistently applying the basic fundamentals.
- Jim Rohn

SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #231

Height: 5'10"

Thanks Ladies for the great advice. I will keep all of this in mind. I'll check in more often to update my progress.

Short term goal
mytime2Bsuccessful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #232
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

energie- looking good girlie!! I see muscle in your profile pic

cake- cant wait to see pics from the run!

brit- isnt that the best I got three compliments in the past week regarding my weight. People are starting to notice that Im losing again as well. It really helps Sorry to hear about your grandmother, hope you are feeling better

mytime- sorry to hear about your grandmother I hope all works out with her. For me when I dont buy bad foods I cant eat them. Load up on fruits and veggis you can eat them hot or cold for the most part.

Fivestone- lets keep eachother on plan especially since your doing the bl loser challenge lol lol!!!

Sweet- keep up the good work it sure will pay off!

GOALS
1- 203 back to low
2- 199 - Most important goal!!
3- 180- FINAL Goal/Re-evaluation

"Believe in yourself"

Last edited by Matilda08; 07-06-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #233
I luv my curves

GOALS
1- 203 back to low

"Believe in yourself"
Old 07-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #234
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!!! I had a wonderful weekend. Been on plan and running a mile so I can get these hips out the way!!! My goal is to run a total of 10 miles before the month is out. I'm excited about seeing my progress on the first.

Brit - Sorry about the loss of your grandmother but I think you are doing well so a couple days off plan won't be a problem.
Matilda - Keep on Keeping on!! Victory is in sight!
Mytime - One thing I do when I want something different to do workout wise I walk through the house or run through the house. Even if your food choices aren't the best maybe track the calorie counts and set a range that is manageable.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #235
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

thanks ladies..i am back on track now..all the family visits are over with so i can return to my normal schedule. to make up for lost time ima try to workout everyday of this month and maybe next until school starts..about to go get my workout on now!

Last edited by Brit; 07-06-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:02 AM   #236
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

thanks Matilda! I do have a lot of muscle tone and its crazy because I dont even lift weights. I just run and walk as exercise. You lookin good too girl! keep up the good work sweets!
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #237
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies,
My workouts are going fantastic. I worked out this morning, level 2 of 30ds...I hate level2 because it makes me feel like a punk. Level1 and 3 are better for me. Anywho, I'm gonna workout at lunch to get my one mile run in and hopefully add a second mile in for good measure (not running a second mile just walking/running).

You ladies are doing a great job. This summer will end with a bang for us as hard as we are working.

Last edited by jigglefree; 07-07-2010 at 07:25 AM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #238
I luv my curves

Good morning ladies! Im also doing pretty ok I didnt workout monday or tuesday but I dont really feel bad. Its been sooooooooooooooooo freaking hot but I will be at the gym today. Im finally moving in the right direction. Trying very hard to see 220 something at the end of this month. Im setting reasonable goals for myself Im actually trying to shed 20 lbs by labor day. I think thats doable. If I dont make it I will not be upset. Diet is the most important thing for me and lately Ive been doing awesome with watching what I eat.

Hope everyone is well have a great day!!

GOALS
1- 203 back to low

"Believe in yourself"
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #239
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/306.0/200

Height: 5'9

Hi Ladies!

I had an amazing body massage yesterday and I recommend each one of you go out and get one if you can afford it. This was my first time, and I'm hooked, but I don't want to go broke. Supposedly massage can help your body release toxins, and be beneficial to weightloss. Even if that's not true, it still feels amazing! Just wanted to share that. *smile* Hope everyone is having a great week!

Success is neither magical nor mysterious.
Success is the natural consequences of
consistently applying the basic fundamentals.
- Jim Rohn

SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #240
I luv my curves

Thats what Im planning to get once I get down to 220( where I was before I gained weight back ) Once I make it to 220 this journey will feel sooo real to me!!!!

GOALS
1- 203 back to low

"Believe in yourself"