3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Lo Carb #33 Remembering that fateful day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/19936-lo-carb-33-remembering-fateful-day.html)

1fralick 09-10-2002 04:55 AM

Lo Carb #33 Remembering that fateful day

A year has gone by, since that awful day. I have been watching snippets of things on teh TV and avoiding teh specials. I didn't know anyone personally that was killed that day. I am just an american whose life has been affected like everyone else by that day. An American who is worried about things like war, terrorism, bioterroism. Pretty scary stuff, you have to pray that the ones in charge know what they are doing.

Well DH and I signed the purchace agreement last night on teh house. We will have a house inspection done weds, to see anything we might have missed. Pretty soon it will be in teh hands of the bank. Then the wait begins.

I started my new position at work yesterday, so I was pretty stressed. Didn't cave to cravings and someone had teh nerve to pop popcorn twice yesterday!

Melody, teh fact that he has not opted to see the children in 2 weeks is in your favor although very hard on teh kids. Keep tract of teh dates. One thing about a dog is they do provide opportunities for great exercise. How is teh counseling going?

Pam hoiw are you feeling? your mom?

Sue how is teh job?, are the kids back in school. You are still my OP goddess! I thought I'd start up the weekly weigh on Friday again. I wish Dana was here to do her poem!

Lee and Terri how goes it?

Gosh I hope that is everyone.
Well it's work out time! 2 days in a row who would have guessed?

1fralick 09-11-2002 05:17 AM

Well it is 9/11.
I must say that watching and listening to teh memories and experiencs of those theer and directly affected is hard. I am torn between needing to remeber and the feeling that I just want to move on. I really have a hard time understanding the fact that people who I have never met or directly hurt want to hurt me or affect the way I live.

No other news.

I seem to be winning the struggle to get back to OPness. I have been mentally struggling for so long now. And it is such an easy concept. You eat the wrong things and don't move you gain weight and feel miserable. You eat right and work out and you feel good and lose wieght. What is so hard to get about that? And yet I was continueing to eat poorly and not expect that my clothes would become tight and I would gain weight. I had so many justifications that made it OK in my head and then I would feel miserable abouy how I felt, looked and how I thought other people looked at me! What a cycle and it has been so hard to get out of it. This has been since last Nov. Well I strive to continue to do what I need to.

Hey everyone
Take care today!

1fralick 09-12-2002 04:53 AM

Good morning all,
I must say that yesterday was an emotional day. I was able to see the (a little) of the ground zero ceremony when they were calling out the names of those lost and family members were coming down. Such a simple yet compelling ceremony. ANd times throughout the day. I had had enough by evening though and couldn't watch anymore. We sometimes get so caught up in teh simple things in lofe and yet when you compare them to the big picture they are really of no consequence.

Still OP I was quite proud of myself yesterday when I went to our local farmer's market and passed up all teh baked stuff. I am a sucker for sugar cookies w/ frosting(heck I am a sucker for anything sweet) but passed them over!

The house inspection went well. Nothing that we didn't expect was noted. We just have to get an estimate on the roof and then I can get the paperwork to the bank for their decision.

Hello everyone.
I hope someone checks in soon as I have been talking to mysefl for days! LOL

lodyangel 09-12-2002 09:05 AM

Hello chickees!

Well the scale says I have lost another pound down to 193 I think...I am loving it.

I had a whole truck load of fireman honk and wave at me yesterday...whooo hooo...that did alot for my ego!

Yesterday was very sad....it does not seem like it has been a year since that awful day...I was depressed all day yesterday...so much sadness in the world.

Went to counseling...I think it will help. My counselor thinks Josh is nuts, and dangerous....and very manipulative. It's so nice to have someone agree with me, and believe me.;)

I walked my 2 miles last night....i will strength train tonight! I will! I will!!!!!!

love ya!

1fralick 09-13-2002 04:59 AM

Nothing better than getting recognized for our beauty!

Glad the counselinng in going well!

Wish other member swould check in. I hope all is well with them!

Down to 236! Still OP!

Congreats to you Melody
I started our weekly weigh in again

gbo 09-13-2002 05:59 PM

Hello my Darlins....... Today I am down another 2 and 1/4 pounds
so I was delighted to mark off the 80 pound loss on my chart plus 1/4 pound not a lot under 80 but a great start. I can't wait to get the loss of 100 lbs and I am getting so close.... I remember when I never thought I would make it this far but I know now I will make it to goal. What that true goal will be I an not sure 128 is the high end of the Medical weight chart but should I find I like myself better a little above that so be it. One thing is for sure I am going to make it.
Melody.... I am so glad that your therapy is going well it will really help you in so many ways. Keep records of everything. Record your phone calls if possible but whatever you do take care of yourself. The walk with the dog sounded like a blast!!!
Pat..... you shall soon be in your new home, it can be so nerve wracking but exciting too. Good going all on the weight loss.
Sue Bee .... I hope all is well for you , you are always in my prayers as are all of you. Speaking of keeping someone in our prayers...........LEE WHAT'S UP SUGAR?

nasus40 09-13-2002 08:33 PM

HGi guys. I am so tired i could just fall to sleep and it was before 8 that i was thinking fo it. i had done great with being Op tillyesterday then i fell. i am having a hard time getting back op. part of the reason is that i am not getting enough sleep. and gettingstressed at work. so hopefully i will get cought up/

pat you are doing so great!! and so glad to hear that you have the house and am just waiting for the closing!!! OP!! great going

Pam, way to go. you are my hero what a woman!!!

Melody you are such a strong woman i am so proud of you. and all that and getting your life together. what a way to go!!! stay stromg woman!!!

lodyangel 09-16-2002 08:32 AM

:dancer: Good morning everyone! I love these new little smilies...they are so cool.

I am feeling good this morning. Time heals all wounds and mine are healing nicely. I think not having to see him or hear from him is making it alot easier. He hasn't seen the children in 3 ans a half weeks, and even though it pisses me off, I know it is for the best...it's a double edged sword either he sees them, and messes them up...or he doesn't see them, and messes them up. He is such an #ss!

I went out to a bar with some girl friends Saturday night. Got a great workout dancing...I will have to do that again. Had a lot of fun.

The kids are doing okay, my counselor wants me to put them in counseling. The boys are really having a hard time.

Pat...congrats on the house...I know how nerve racking that can be...

Congrats Pam on the loss! You have such strength and optimism! You never seem down about much...How is your Mom?

Sue...How are you? Don't sweat a little gain...you are going to make it! Look how far you have come already!

Lee...we miss you! Has anyone heard from Dana?

Have a nice day ladies! I will keep you in my prayers!

1fralick 09-17-2002 04:30 AM

Hey all,
Nothing new to report really. The estimate on the roof was done. My goal is to get everything to the bank by Friday at the latest!Then it is in someone elses hand.

Staying OP and working out!

Melody, I am glad you are having more good days than bad. Counseling for the kids will help. Has anyone suggested attending al a non or naranon meetings/ They are free and you could meet other family members of people who have a sub. abuse problem.

Sue- Work is busy huh? Is it getting any esier? or will this be the norm? You have been doing awesome! You will get back on tract!

Pam Congrats on the loss!! How are you feeiling? How is your Mom?

Terri, Lee and Dana Hello!
I will have another weekly weigh in the Friday and I am still doing teh weekly challenges

nasus40 09-17-2002 05:40 AM

I am haning in there i think this life will be the norm i have the boys in swimming everynight that we are not busy!!! and they are always short staffed so i guess life will be this hard for a while!! luck me! i am strugleing to get back OP but slowly making it!!

melody i am so proud of you you are so strong!!!

pam how are you doing?? i keep thinking of you and how wonderful you are and your spirit that never quits!! keep up the great loss!!

io will check in tomorrow when i have more time day off!

lodyangel 09-17-2002 08:39 AM

Hello chickees!:chicken:

How is everyone this fine September morning? It is overcast here in KY, but things my way are looking good.

Sue, Thanks for the compliment...it heps that I don't have to see the B8st*rd, or talk to the pig, if I did he would have me a nervous wreck. This way I can just live my life...even if it is a little drab, depressing, and boring right now. I have my kids, and I am beginning to realize they are all I need...

I am trying to get my finances in order...I went shopping this weekend and bought me some new clothes, and now I wish I hadn't...bills to pay, diapers to buy, prescriptions to fill, it's all too much for me on my tiny income...I need help! Anyone know someone to give me some advice on budgeting?? I definitely need to learn how to handle my money better...

I walked last night a little over a mile...I started too late to do my normal 2 miles...

I have so much I want to do with my life...how can I accomplish it all? I can't even get time to go to my sister's basement and re pack my stuff!:headache: What is a girl suppose to do?? All these posibilities...where do I start?

Pat...good luck with the house ...I know it will be yours...Great Jopb staying Op...

Pam? Terri? Dana? Lee? WHere are you guys!

Have a peaceful, lovely day!:grouphug:

1fralick 09-18-2002 05:19 AM

Good morning all
Well it's hump day

Sue glad you are able to check in and let us know how you a re doing. You are the OP goddess!
Melody , the womens center that I think you contacted may be able to help you w/ budgeting in our area we have what they call the coppertiev extention which cane help people w/ all kinds of things from parenting to gardening. Your counselor should be able to put you in teh right direction. Take advantage of all your county has to offer.

Pam I think of you often and hope you are well.

Status qou here/ TOM right now which helps explain all teh carvings I have been having
Hello ,Lee Terri and Dana

lodyangel 09-18-2002 01:17 PM

Hello all!

LIfe here is peaceful for once...I just have all these freaking money problems...but I have faith it will all work out in time.

I walked two miles with my dog Samson last night, and his mother Snowie. I always walk Samson on his leash but Snowie runs free all the time so she is free to do whatever she wants. At the 1 mile mark there is a pond that snowie always likes to take a dip in. (They are both huskies so they are always hot...) Well anyway, yesterday I took Smason off his leash to let him take a dip too...well this just rejuvenated him and he decided I needed some lovin and by the time it was over I was covered with green mud...yuck! It was the kind that smells! I laugfhed so hard I thought I would cry...And at that moment I realized I am truly happy...it doesn't matter that I am a big loser who is living with her parents, or that I am broke, or that I am homeless...for the first time in months I am truly happy with myself...don't get me wrong I definitely need some improvement...but it's great to feel free, and not be oppressed all the time...Life is beautiful again...

I still need to get working on that water goal...just can't seem to get enough of it down...chug, chug, chug...here I go!

You ladies have a great day!

tornadoterr 09-18-2002 10:07 PM

Hello

Hi everyone,

Well, I havent been around in a while, I have just been way too busy with the kids games and practices every night and the few nights I have had to myself I have been out having some FUN!!!!:D

Hope all is well with everyone....sounds like you all have been busy with buying new homes, getting new jobs and everything....

tonight is our anniversary so I wont be on here real long... hehehe, someone is waiting upstairs:devil:

Take care and I will check in this weekend...........

gbo 09-19-2002 12:42 AM

Well don't you know Tom hit today mean a more viscious than he has been in years!!!!! I ended up taking pain meds. It has been years since a darvon has been needed for that!!!!
Melody dear...... Oh you can ask these lovely ladies I do get down just like anyone does I just work hard not to stay there for too long. I hope over the years I have learned to have some strength of character in troubled times as life is such a roller coaster at any rate. Today Hubby is unemployed. He has long suffered memory problems that with time increases and becomes more pronounced. He just recently was given 80% disability by the VA and now it will be 100%. I knew it was coming but I did so hope it would be after the Holidays. Oh well our income has taken a major hit and I will have to make a ton of phone calls to see what can be done to hold off the bills until this whole thing is settled and our new income is recieved. Even then we shall have to cut way back but it just means I have to set up a new budget and get things in order. It will work out I know. I am glad he will be home from now on. There are three acres here and a good sized house that needs so much done and now he can do all those things!!! He will wish he was back at work I am sure!!!!! He was really down for a few hours but I told him I love him and we will get this all worked out. I told him I have patiently waited for this day and I have so much for him to do that he will wish he was working two jobs!!!!! I told him how wonderful it was that he could take Mom and I to the doctor , the children of the fur to the vets and what ever and he has perked right up. Life always works out if we give it half a chance and take the steps to make it better. We do our part and God will happily do his. What more can you ask for! The timing could have been better but so be it! Mom is doing ok and so are we all. A few adjustments and a lot of arranging and life will be just fine. Another chance to get creative!!!!!!!!!!!! Creativity rocks!!!!!!! When I discovered Tom had come I ran to the scale as I usually gain between 5 and 7 pounds each time. To my surprise I was only up one pound so while my weigh in this week will not happen I know I have at least lost 2-4 more pounds Next week should be grand!!!! Love you all.
Pam