3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/198137-steel-magnolias-16-a.html)

gma22 04-05-2010 12:09 PM

Hey gals! Waiting to leave for game in about an hour. Jack has been sick the whole time with bad allergies. Our red car is yellow because of so much pollen which is causing Jack's problems. Hope you all have a great day. Be back home tomorrow night.

Jean 04-05-2010 12:44 PM

I'm so sorry Jack isn't feeling well. I know about the allergies suffering because my mom had it big time. I thought the game was either on Sat. or Sun. -- hope they win and you have a good time!

Maggie 04-05-2010 01:28 PM

Monday ~ Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS :wave:

It is a beautiful day here in the Heartland. Interesting thing I heard this day is that when the econemy takes a real down turn, as some are saying, it will affect the two coasts first and then folks will be coming to the middle looking for food. Will I wonder if they will find it here because a lot of our "stuff" is shipped in from the coasts. Weird. If those folks think they will be running out of food at least they can plant gardens. If they don't have much land there is always pots to choose from and those hanging thingies. Folks can really do more for themselves than they give themselves credit for. There are always those who don't do for themselves and have their hands out for other folks to fill for them. That will be tough times for those kind of folks who don't prepare. If it doesn't come to pass, what the talking heads are saying, then those who have prepared as best as they can will be just that much further ahead and nothing wasted. As it is we have land in Texas where we can have the person that lives there raise beef for us and we are planting a garden and will dry and perserve some of the produce. Just trying to be sensible about this thing. We try to think what we will do if we can't buy the things we have been used to. Plus we love having a garden. Life is good.

JEAN Pole beans instead of asparagus, now thats a stretch ~ Will planted squash one year and thought it was watermellon. The seed packet said it was watermellon. Burrrr, it is a chillly day there and I hope you got your walk in before the rain came. The nights here have been very cold so we covered our tomato plants.

DONNA FAYE OOOO Poor Jack. I feel so sorry for him. We don't have that kind of pine tree here that emits all that yellow pollen. I am so excited for you getting to go to the opening game for the Cubbies. We'll be watching it on the tube ~ ESPN at 4 eastern time. Be safe and enyoy. We watched the Red Sox and Yankies yesterday and glad the Sox won. Now we want whoever plays the Sox to beat them for we don't like either the Yankies or The Red Sox much. I am still a Dodger Blue through and through and Will's favorite is the Twins but we like watching all games. Baseball is good.

SUSAN Howdy.

Have a wonderful day Magnolias. :wave: I am off to make myself a fruit smoothie.

Jean 04-05-2010 06:26 PM

Maggie -- "There are always those who don't do for themselves and have their hands out for other folks to fill for them." That is who is moving into our territory by the 1000s!! I thought I was buying just regular beans, had never heard of pole beans before then. :lol: I would never plant asparagus because I don't like it. Bob has gotten some from his farmer friend who picks it growing wild along the country roads. I was never sure how to fix it and tried to follow a cookbook . . . it wasn't very good. :whoo:

The dryer is buzzing so I'm off!