3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlies March On Over to Mel's for Margaritas... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/195571-worldlies-march-over-mels-margaritas.html)

diyana 03-19-2010 10:15 AM

Hey ladies -

I just heard from Annie. She can't get into 3FC, so she asked me to tell everyone hi and to have a good weekend!! And she sends lotsa love and hugs.

I'll be back a little later to do my own post.

--Michelle

diyana 03-19-2010 11:24 AM

Happy Friday -

I'm so glad the weekend is near, even though it's going to be a busy one between Zumba, pet sitting, usual weekend stuff to do (groceries, laundry) and LOTS AND LOTS of website work. DH's company needs a 20 page website created ASAP - like this weekend! It's probably about 15+ hours of work, plus I've got website work to do for the pet sitting company. So much for seeing Alice in Wonderland this weekend. That's okay...it's all good. The extra $$ will help pay for the painting.

Laura - Keep us posted on how the organizing is going. We really need to organize most areas in our house, especially the home office, garage and basement! Coal is such a cutie! What great windows you have, and I'm envious of the brick and siding you have. I love all the windows you have on your house. Our windows are built so that you can either pull down a screen or the storm window. They're all built in together. Makes changing from summer to winter and back very easy. Too bad you aren't close enough to downtown to walk at Millenium Park...or by the lakefront, but at least you got to see a dachshund. :)

Ceejay - That sucks you had a big mandatory meeting on your day off! Do they give you a comp day for it? What are you going to Springfield for?

Mel - I'm glad that Annie picks my challenges. She makes them tough but reasonable. This one will definitely be a butt kicker though. :kickbutt:

Well, I'd better get back to it since I'm leaving at 1:00 for a doctor appt - just a follow up to the blood tests I had last weekend that'll check my cholesterol, blood sugar and all that stuff.

Since I don't know if I'll have time to get back here the next couple days, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Lots of love and hugs,

ceejay52 03-19-2010 12:06 PM

michelle
i'm going to Springfield for a visit with my little sister and her family. It's been awhile. I'm getting excited.
I'll get paid a couple of hours for attending the meeting and I sould be reimbersed for my lunch. This is for license renewal.

Mel
Spring comes tomorrow, but our weather people are predicting old man winter to exit with vengence. We may have snow showers Saturday and Sunday. It's a beautiful day but still a chill in the air for me.

i'm taking a break from decluttering the spare bed room or should I say the junk room. I' ve opened one window for some fresh air.

For some reason i'm still smelling that lamb that the person next to me was eating yesterday for lunch.

Does anyone want a Weight Watcher's cookbook. I also have some diet books to give away if any one wants them. Sonoma Diet, Bob Greene, The Biggest Loser fitness and cookbook.

I'm taking some books to put in my bil's library at the church where he is pastor.

Laura705 03-19-2010 12:47 PM

Ceejay - At least you get paid for the mandatory meeting on your "day off". Enjoy the rest of your "weekend". No thanks re the books. I borrow a lot of books from the library, but I still accumulate too many from buying at the occasional book sale, garage sale and thrift shop. I keep thinking I should offer them to people I know, but I'll probably just end up bringing them all to the library for a future book sale.

Michelle - Hope the bloodwork results are good. Try to grab some "me time" sometime during your busy weekend. What's the big hurry on dh's company's website?! But the money will definitely come in handy, I'm sure! Only our 3-season room has that many windows (on 3 walls); the rest of the house has double hung windows that sound like yours - screen pulls up or down. I work on the west side of downtown, so it's not by the lake or the parks or Michigan Ave., but at least it's convenient to the train stations!

Mel - TGIF - I'm happy for Friday too!! :carrot: I'm sure at some point this summer I will gladly offer you our lawn - bf told me he cancelled the Tru-Green service to save some money. :yikes: I guess it makes sense - it's like $40 per treatment, and of course they offer way more treatments than we probably need. We'll probably just treat the front lawn ourselves and not bother too much w/ the back.

Hellos to Shad, Happy, and Annie! :wave:

Everyone have a great weekend. I almost forgot about book club tonight. We're discussing the book "A Reliable Wife", and I'm sure it'll be interesting if my thoughts are shared by any other members, or even if they aren't! I have to scrape up something to bring for a snack. We always have too much food, so I'm not horribly worried about not giving this some thought and making something from scratch. Tomorrow morning is my hair appt, and that's all that's firmly scheduled. House is a mess so some cleaning (and more laundry) must be done. I'll have to hound bf to get busy, lol.

Okay, time for lunch, so I'll post!
:flow1:

diyana 03-19-2010 01:27 PM

Ceejay - As much as I would love to read those books, I think I'm going to pass. We have way too many books as it is, and I'm trying to pare down and not get any new ones. I just check them out from the library. But I really appreciate the offer. I think donating them to a church is a wonderful idea. When we donate some of our used books, we take them to the library.

Laura - The big rush for DH's company's website is that they're a nonprofit, and this project is being funded by a conditional grant that requires they have a website in place. Well, it's been months, and there hasn't been the staff resources to get it done...so now they need it done ASAP or they could lose the funding. It's not very complicated...no heavy duty programming...or flashy design...so I can knock it out in a couple days. We don't have a lawn service for our yard. We treat the front with a weed and feed, and the back just with fertilizer, as we've heard reports that Schnauzers are especially sensitive to, and can get seriously ill from, the chemicals that some of the services use and also the chemicals contained in the Weed and Feed. Since we don't let the doggies on the front lawn, we can use Weed and Feed there, but not in the backyard. When BF is done cleaning your house, can he come up here and do mine? :lol:

Shad 03-19-2010 07:13 PM

Morning all,
Being a real sloth this morning. I've had a long and busy week and I still have some more work to do. I've brought some home with me but how much will get done is a good guess. Last night I went out to a Japanese restaurant in the city for a farewell dinner with friends. It was extremely nice but I am not entirely sure the price was worth it. However the company was great, the meal interesting and the restaurant well appointed and very good customer service.

Michelle - once I get home and back in to the swing of things, I may very well get Annie to set me a challenge. She does it well. I'm far enough away that she won't come running when I slump either. I doubt that she can swim this far.

Ceejay - hope the trip to Springfield MO goes smoothly. For a while there I thought you were coming to visit - since Springfield QLD is just down the road from myplace. Drive carefully. Have to take a pass on the books too but thanks for asking. I've enough to stock a library. And generally speaking I only use a couple of the heap I have.

Mel - keep those bugs to yourself and take good care of yourself. Life is too short to spend time flat on your back (being ill - not what everyone is now thinking) or bending over the loo.

Poor Annie - deprived of our sparkling company. I hope you have a good weekend and get to spend time with the folks. And have some Annie time.

Laura - that book sounds like it has great possibilities. I may have to see if it is available around here.

Happy is probably just as busy as I am catching up with whats been happening while she has been off. Thinking of you.

With that I am off. I am starting to pack up some of my stuff today. All the clothes I won't wear again while I am here. Then it will be a matter of choosing what to wear for the next week and keeping up with the washing and packing during the week. I need to do a small bit of shopping this morning. It will get me through this week and not have much that is perishable left over. I've sort of figured out the menu for the week so it's not a big shop. See you later.

happy2bme 03-20-2010 01:11 AM

Hi ladies,

I second the happy it's Friday vote. Been a long week. I made it through the work week with foot intact. It's been a super busy one too, no time to notice the foot. I did make progress on my goals for this week but it was very disruptive. I had to leave the house earlier because of the painters, so no time to post in the morning. My lunches were disrupted all week long so I barely got time to read posts and when I got home I was tired and DH and I spent many an evening discussing and firming up plans with things we are doing around the house.

I have not been sleeping well at all this week. A whole lot of tossing and turning - several hours in bed before I fall asleep and have been getting 4 to 5 hours of interupted sleep each night. Part of it is a general disastifaction I think with many things in my life right now. I was never happy with the move down here but we thought it was for the short term - 5 years. Well we have passed 5 years and due to economic conditions it looks like we will be stuck here for I hate to say it - 4 or 5 more years (God help me). This is a bitter pill to accept and it is manifesting itself in ways that are doing me no good. I find I want to mindlessly graze at night - am fighting that alot, can't sleep, my temper and tolerance are not good and I find I just want to escape thinking by sitting in front of the tv or the computer. I know I cannot continue this way - my blood sugar is up though my eating is good so I know it's stress related. I need to find a way to cope with what's ahead of me. I even considered using the EAP program at work to talk to a psychologist but I'm not sure I really buy into that. I pretty much know what my issues are - just don't know how to fix them. And then I chastise myself because I really am fortunate and should count my blessings. I feel like I have turned into the last (good) quarter of my life and sitting here for 10 years is really wasting precious time. I dunno, there is an answer, I just need to take a step back and look at things objectively. So that's that.

Thanks Shad :hug: one more week eh? That sort of went by fast. Must have been those carbon brushes sweeping away the time. I'm glad you aren't working 16 hour days to try and wrap up everything at the last minute. Will you go back home for a while and just work on the house a bit until the next contract?

Michelle - my oh my - another busy weekend for you. At least you'll miss the crappy weather this weekend. A good time to stay in and work. I'm sure you will do a great job on DH's website. How nice of you to offer or did he bat those big ole eyes at you and whisper pretty please ;) ;) ;) :lol:

Laura - we had TruGreen back in Arlington. They sprayed the wrong stuff on our lawn and burnt 36 holes in it from little spots to a 3 foot wide spread. When we noticed that the lazy neighbors next door's neglected lawn looked better than ours we decided it was a waste of money. We just kept them to spray the trees. I remember when River City was first built. I was working down by the Board of Trade and my boss and his wife also worked with me. They lived in Algonquin and due to the nature of our work, many times they worked very late. They rented an apartment and furniture in River City and would stay there and often only go back home on the weekends. The rent at the time was outrageous for a cute but tiny place. AND way back in the 80's I thought - aren't you afraid to walk there at night???? They said no and were ok for the year they rented there. I was amazed that someone would have enough money to pay a mortgage AND rent an apartment :lol: And call me a stubborn old fool but it will never be Macy's or Willis Tower to me ;) They just better not rename Wrigley Field either. :lol: Have a good weekend - stay warm - I'm sure at this point seeing heavy wet snow fall with be depressing. Heard it was nice out the last few days though. Coal is a pretty dog and aptly named. :D

Thanks for the book offer Ceejay - which Bob Greene book do you have? I have most of his except for the Best Life. Weight Watchers I find is easier to use online to look up recipes or use the recipe builder to calculate my homemade stuff which is very handy. Have a good visit with your sister and a safe drive - when is that? I had the back screen door open too - wasn't the air marvelous?

Spring is in the south here. Trees are starting to bloom like crazy and the birdies are all singing songs to attract the ladies. It's actually nice waking up in the morning (provided you got more than 4 hours of sleep).

Annie - hope you have a good weekend with the parents and that the creepies stay out of your check out lane at CVS.

Hello Mellie my friend. Are people avoiding filling Mellie's Belly :rofl: Didn't you just get a mess of crumzo weather again? Come celebrate spring with us - oh wait, it will probaby not be good for the peepers. Are you on call duty this weekend or is it a movie and jammie weekend? Save me a seat and I'll bring up some hot apple cider and Southern Comfort and we'll get schnockered. :cheers: We'll give 'em a sing a thon they will never forget and I'm sure it will be therapudic for us.

The guys did a good job with the painting and repair. Actually it's looks exactly the SAME to me although a bit cleaner. DH can point out all the places they replaced panels and trim and I see a big pile of boards and stuff at the curb so I know they didn't reuse the same stuff. Hopefully we will have a few dollars left to buy some plants for the yard. I'm disappointed that 3 of the plants we paid $40 each for did not make it through the winter - although we did have more snow and ice than usual. DH decided to rip some stuff out of the side yard too including my pretty pink tea rose :cry: it was awfully thorny and hard to clean up around it. We will have to find some butterfly attracting things. Anyway guess I should get to bed - just wanted to check in. Have a good weekend everyone.

MELODY525 03-20-2010 08:12 AM

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...appySpring.jpg

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING

HOPE ALL YOU CHICKS HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. ENJOY THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING WEATHER. SUPPOSED TO BE NICE TODAY! :beach:

I WILL READ IN A LITTLE WHILE AND POST. THE EYES ARE GIVING ME FITS FROM BEING SICK AND THE LOW FEVER. THIS TOO SHALL PASS. YESTERDAY WAS GORGEOUS AND I DID GET A CHANCE TO GET OUT FOR A FEW. :sunny:
BE BACK IN A BIT.............. :moped:

MELODY525 03-20-2010 08:34 AM

MICHELLE~ THANKS FOR PASSING ON ANNIE'S MESSAGE. HOPE SHE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND TOO. GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE EXTRA CASH. ALWAYS A WELCOMED SIGHT!! LOL HOPE YOUR BUSY WEEKEND IS A GOOD ONE AND YOUR CHALLENGE KEEPS YOU GOING. MAYBE ANNIE SHOULD BE A TRAINER INSTEAD OF CVS! :rofl:

CEEJYA~ I AM LOVING THIS WEATHER. HOPE YOU ARE GETTINGIT ALSO. WHAT A GREAT IDEA TO GIVE THEM TO THE CHURCH. I NEVER ENVEN THOUGHT OF THAT. I DUMPED ALL OF MINE AT THE LOCAL LIBRARY. THEY WERE THRILLED BUT COULDN'T BELIEVE I HAD SOOOO MANY!:rofl:

LAURA~ EXCEPT FOR HOUNDING THE BF AND THE BOOK CLUB...YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDS LIKE MINE :rofl: HOPE THE CLUB LIKES YOUR VIEWS :lol3: :lol3: YOU MADE ME LAUGH AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT!!

SHAD~ ARE YOU GLAD THIS ONE IS ENDING? AND HERE I WAS THINKING THEY WOULD BE NEEDING YOU A BIT LONGER. WON'T YOU BE MISSING YOUR BRUSHES MY SOOTY FRIEND? :rofl: BY THE TIME YOU GET HOME, THE HOUSE IS GOING TO FEEL LIKE A MOTEL!!! HOPE THIS LAST WEEK GOES WELL AND GLAD YOU GOT TO HAVE DINNER WITH THE FRIENDS. :hun:

HAPPY~ EVERY DAY I SEE YOUR AVATAR I LOVE THOSE FLOWERS! :flow1: IF IT IS ANY CONSOLATION, MY FEELINGS ARE SIMILAR TO YOURS BUT FOR DIFFERENT REASONS OF COURSE. I WENT TO A PSYCHOLOGIST FOR 2 1/2 YEARS WITH JEN MANY YEARS AGO...IT REALLY DID HELP AND I REMEMBER A LOT OF WHAT HE SAID WHEN THINGS CROP UP TODAY EVEN. HE MAJORED IN BEHAVIORAL THERAPY. GETTING RID OF OLD HABITS. NOW, I DON'T GIVE MYSELF ENOUGH TIME TO DWELL ON THE NEGATIVES OF THE DAY LEST IT KEEP ME FROZEN IN THE PAST. IT CAN IMMOBILIZE A PERSON THAT WAY. SENDING YOU MANY HUGS. PART OF THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN YOUR POOR BODY AND OLD MAN WINTER. GET SOME SUN ON THE SKIN. REMEMBER THE EYES NEED TO "SEE" LIGHT FOR 15 MINS MINIMAL IN ORDER FOR THAT TO WORK EFFECTIVELY. SO BRING UP THE SOUTHERN COMFORT AND CIDER AND WE'LL GET SCHNOCKERED IN THE SUN :beach:

MELODY525 03-20-2010 08:43 AM

LAURA...WITH YOUR PRETTY PINK FLOWER....I JUST ORDERED THE BOOK FROM THE LIBRARY...NOT THE BOOK CLUB ONE BUT THE ORGANIZING ONE. MAYBE I AM MISSING SOMETHING CAUSE MY HOUSE IS CLUTTERED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!:tantrum:

Shad 03-20-2010 05:37 PM

Morning all,
Not much has happened here since I posted last night. I'm just catching up on Mel's doings. I think I might take myself out for a few hours to see whatever can be seen around here. The toyboy I went out with on Wednesday suggested I went up to Healesville and checked out the Sanctuary there. That's where a lot of the injured wildlife got taken during the fires last year. I might take in Maryville as well and be back for lunch then work on this document. I was going to write one on Plant Maintenance as well but I don't think I will have time and I don't know who will care anyway.

So I will be back with my doings at some time this afternoon.

ceejay52 03-20-2010 09:39 PM

Spring has sprung I've been outside more the past two days than I have all last winter. I didn't realize how much I missed this warm sunshine. But rain and thunderstorms tomorrow are predicted.
Two bushes got make overs yesterday and today. They were really grown up underneath. And now I can see behind them better when I drive into the drive way. I'm sore and I hope I can get out of bed in the morning.

Shad
I'll be going to Springfield, Mo next week end if the weather is good. Sounds like you are going to have another day sight seeing.

Mel
I hadn't thought of giving the books to the library. Thanks for the idea.

MELODY525 03-21-2010 07:51 AM

http://nbalacrity.co.uk/wp-content/u...ngchickens.jpg

IT'S JUST US SPRING CHICKENS!!
HAPPY SUNDAY :cheer2:

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD.
HOPE THE WEEKEND IS GOING WELL FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE. IT HAS BEEN A KIND OF BUSY WEEKEND. FALLING SENIORS AND ALARMS. NOTHING SERIOUS...YET!!
I GOT A LOT OF NOTHING DONE YESTERDAY. JUST WAITING HERE PATIENTLY FOR THE ENERGY TO FLOW. SO FAR IT HASN'T. :rofl: MAYBE I NEED ANOTHER DAY OF REST. IT'S A HARRY POTTER WEEKEND ON THE FAMILY CHANNEL AGAIN. :beach:
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY :moped:

SHAD~ I HAVEN'T BEEN UP TO VERY MUCH. JUST HANGING AROUND. GLAD YOU FOUND YOURSELF A TOY BOY!! EVERY WOMAN SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE IN THEIR LIVES:belly: HOPE THE OUTING WENT WELL. DID YOU GO AND SEE THE ANIMALS. POOR LITTLE THINGS...AND BIG ONES TOO. MOTHER NATURE CAN BE SO CRUEL. I BET THE DS2 AND SUNDAY WILL BE GLAD TO SEE YOU COME HOME. :hug: HAVE YOURSELF A GOOD SLEEP. YOU'LL NEED IT FOR THE LAST WEEK AND MORE PACKING!!

JEANETTE~ I HAVE BEEN OUT MORE TOO. SOMEHOW THAT FEELING OF THE SUN ON SKIN AFTER SO MUCH WINTER AND DREARY DAYS FEELS GREAT...I AGREE. OUR SKIES ARE DARKER TODAY AND RAIN IS COMING HERE TONITE. GET OUT THE GALOSHES AND UMBRELLAS:rain: GOOD IDEA BEING ABLE TO SEE BEHIND THE BUSHES WHEN PULLING UP. YOU CERTAINLY GOT LOTS OF EXERCISE! THE LIBRARIES USUALLY LOVE DONATIONS. SOME CAN ONLY AFFORD TO BUY ONE COPY OF A BOOK AND THEN IT'S HARD TO SHARE IT. SO THEY LOVE DUPLICATES. ESPECIALLY DIET AND COOKBOOKS AND CRAFT BOOKS. SPECIALIZED BOOKS GET TAKEN OUT A LOT AND MANY TIME I HAVE HAD TO WAIT WEEKS TO BORROW ONE. HOPE YOUR DAY OFF IS A GREAT ONE TOO.

ceejay52 03-21-2010 08:41 AM

I thought I'd be so sore I couldn't get out of bed this morning but I'm at work. I sat in my massage chair last night and took a long hot soak.

It started raining last night but we are having a break from it right now. I'm at work today. The Northwest part of the state looks like they may be getting some of the winter stuff.

Mel
Enjoy the rest of your week end and maybe the seniors will behave. themselves.

happy2bme 03-21-2010 11:25 AM

It's raining... it's pouring... the old man is snoring...

To quote a children's song. Started last night - a steady downpour still.

Going to be a dreary one but at least it's not the cold just further north.

annie175 03-21-2010 02:18 PM

Happy Sunday Everyone.....

First Ms. Shaddie...if I give you a challenge, and you spoof up, don't put it past me to show up and surprise you with a visit and the ole rolling pin...lol

Chelle..thanks for posting for me. I don't know what the heck is going on with either A. works computers or B. 3FC in my region. I hope it is not work computers as it is easier for me to post. I know your challenge is going well as you are committed to all that I throw at cha. lol

Mellie..those dang eyes, bless your heart. Hmmmm trainer instead of CVS...I am sure I could get in trouble with that too!

Happy..looks like you all got the brunt of the bad weather...our Sunday went from 40s/snowshowers to 57/sunny/cloudy. SOrry bout cha, but I am liking what we have.

Ceejay...see what a little "Ceejay" time can do for a body. Good for you on the massage chair and soak. Sounds good, I could do the soak thing.

Laura...sounds like your weekend was packed with "things you gotta do". Hope you found some time for you.

My buddy Joe K. that I have known since about 1981, put front brakes on my car for me today. Saved me major bucks. I made him an upside down pizza for his help.

Mom was in rear form this morning. She kept hearing a "bird" chirp in the home and said she never sees it flying around. I informed her it was not a bird but some sort of alarm that was chirping. She said no wonder she never had seen any birds. A few minutes go by and she said "sh*t, I have birds in my belfry". I about fell off the bed laughing and so did she. She is a hoot.

That about wraps it up for me. Hey to everyone.

Loves and hugs,

Laura705 03-21-2010 02:46 PM

Hello everyone!

Michelle - Hope the website work is going well! Don't overdo it!

Shad - So you're getting ready to go home. Must not be looking forward to that long drive. Fingers crossed that you have good traveling weather for it. Hope you enjoyed the sanctuary or wherever you ended up on Sunday.

Happy – Sorry your plans are not going as you’d hoped. Did you plan to move back near family, or maybe retired or semi-retired? I know you and dh were checking out properties for possible retirement... I think a lot of people have experienced setbacks due to this economic downturn. Keep your eyes on the goal! Maybe the EAP would help because you can talk out your “issues”. But I can see how that might not be useful if you already feel like you talk it out – it’s just that it won’t/can’t change anything. But if it could change how you deal w/ the situation, maybe it’s worthwhile. RiverCity is looking a bit dated compared to the new buildings going up around there, but I guess someone who had a boat to dock there might find it convenient. But it’s certainly not a bustling area. There's a giant vacant parcel of land just to the north.

Ceejay – Glad you took advantage of the outdoor time on Saturday. Our first day of spring was cold w/ snow, sleet and rain. As the saying goes, March is the cruelest month. And this was a cruel joke for Mother Nature to play on us in Chicago! But today is clearer and no precip, so I’ll go for a walk w/ doggy. Fingers crossed your weather holds for good traveling next weekend.

Mel – My energy isn’t flowing yet either but I’ll get out for a quick dog walk and maybe do a workout in the basement. I agree w/ you about donating to the library. If our library can’t use the books in their own collection, they pass it along to the “Friends of the Library” and they sell the books in their quarterly book sales.

Annie – Hope you can get to 3fc on the work computer – you know we’d miss your posts. LOL about mom and the birds in her belfry! Sounds like it’s a bit milder in Indy than Chicago, but I much prefer what we’re getting today versus yesterday!

The book club was pretty good Friday night. And there wasn’t as much food as usual, and the variety wasn’t as appealing to me, so I didn't overdo it on portions. I had my hair appointment Sat. morning and that’s about it for my weekend. Just been squandering the rest of it. We watched "The Hurt Locker" last night. Good movie, but not my usual thing.

Okay, I’m going to get this posted and get out for that dogwalk. Enjoy whatever’s left of your weekends!

diyana 03-21-2010 04:59 PM

Hi ladies -

After 10 hours yesterday, and another 7 hours today...I finally finished the website for my husband's company. They might request one or two small tweaks this week, but at least I can call this thing pretty much done. And the extra $$ will help pay for the painting. Speaking of the painting, I learned that one of the painters whose quote was $1,000 less than the highly recommended buy was only gonna put one coat on. The extra cost for a second coat by him...$750. So right now, we're planning on going with the highly recommended painter.

Annie - I regret that I haven't exercised at all yesterday or today...too busy with the website work, and now I just want to collapse and relax for a couple hours. I *might* get up the energy to take a short walk before dark or do a little Wii Fit, but I'm not making any guarantees. I did do an hour of Advanced Zumba Friday night though, which was a blast. And while my eating has been fairly good, it hasn't been stellar. Please don't get out the :rollpin: or kick me in the butt :kickbutt: I'm getting back on track for the rest of the evening, and I'll be on my best behavior starting tomorrow.

Sorry, everyone, I just gotta get off this dang computer and relax.

"Talk" to you tomorrow, chicas!

Love and hugs,

annie175 03-22-2010 08:15 AM

Good Morning Chickie Mommas....

Here it is Monday again!! I guess Humana and 3FC are going to let me in today. Small victories....Not a lot has happened since last night other than baby boy called. They got 20 minutes for phone calls last night so we got to talk a bit more. He is so loving it. I am so thankful for that. He finally fessed up that he has lost 30 lbs since he left for boot camp. So in the last 6 mos (prior to going and since being there) he has gone from 282 to 230. He said he anticipates another 10-20. I won't even know my own baby boy when I see him on June 24, for graduation.

Chelle...you are excused from exercise this past weekend...wink wink, being that you were working and not just sluffing off. You are still one rockin' sista. Back at it and on track today. Have a marvy day!

Laura....The Hurt Locker, people are telling me not to see it, that it might hit too close too home with baby boy. I think they are a little over protective. Are Sunday didn't turn out to badly. 58 and sunny/cloudy rather than the snow showers originally predicted. It was great.

Will check back later, Hi's all the way around.

Loves and Hugs,

happy2bme 03-22-2010 08:28 AM

Another yucky day today - cold and rainy all day but it will pick up and improve fast as the week rolls in they say.

Doctor's appointment today - do I get released from the surgical shoe and have to learn how to walk in a real shoe? We will see.

Nothing much else going on. Gotta get to work. :wave: to the chicks.

MELODY525 03-22-2010 08:39 AM

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f?t=1269012293

HAPPY'S IT'S RAINING SONG FINALLY HIT HERE. THE DREARY ARRIVED AND THE RAIN IS ON IT'S WAY. :rofl:
I ALREADY WENT DOWNSTAIRS, REPORTED AND GOT BACK UP HERE BEFORE THE OFFICE EVEN OPENED. GAVE EVERYTHING TO JOHN. I'M JUST NOT ENERGIZED ENOUGH FOR MONDAY MORNING BULL CHIT. :cloud9: I AM STILL RESTING UP A BIT TODAY.
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY :moped:

HAPPY~ SENDING A DREARY WEATHER HUG YOUR WAY :hug: HOPE THE SUN SHINES DOWN ON MY SOUTHERN BELLE SISTER SOON :sunny:

CEEJAY~ DON'T LET THAT WINTERY STUFF NEAR YOU AGAIN!!! :brr: WITH MASSAGE CHAIR AND LONG SOAK, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DAYS OFF WENT PRETTY GOOD!!

LAURA....GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE FOOD. I TURNED DOWN PARTY FOOD THAT THE SENIORS BROUGHT BACK. THEY WANTED NTO SHARE WITH ME. STILL WAITING FOR MY ENERGY TO FLOW :rofl: HAVE A GOOD ONE!

ANNIE...IF SHAD SCREWS UP THE CHALLENGE I'LL PAY YOUR AIRFARE!! :rofl: :rofl: I AM SO GLAD YOU AND YOUR SON GET TO TALK. THEY ALWAYS LOSE WEIGHT IN THE SERVICE. ALL THAT EXERCISE AND PORTION CONTROL!!! SEND SOME LOVE FROM 3FC TO HIM ALSO :love: HUMANA IS ON THE TV ALL THE TIME AGAIN!! WE THINK OF YOU WHEN WE SEE THE ADS.

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU GET SOME DOWN TIME DURING THE NEXT WEEKEND...LOL YOUR'S WAS CERTAINLY A BUSY ON THIS TIME. I ALSO HOPE THE BEST DEAL IS WITH THE ONE RECOMMENDED. GOOD LUCK AND KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED. :crossed:

MELODY525 03-22-2010 08:40 AM

HAPPY :wave: WAVING FRANTICALLY!! I SEE THE EGG LIT AND WE POSTED TOGETHER. :love:
good luck with the doctor!! i'll come and pick you up and we can have ritas together somewhere where the sun is shining!!!

annie175 03-22-2010 09:20 AM

MELLIE....way to delagate the work to John. Rest that bod and get energized. Take a shot of expresso, that will boost your b*tt. I am still not doing caffeine and I don't think you are either, or are you? Heck I can't remember. Yeah, it is supposed to rain ALL stinkin' day here today then be nice and warmer the next 4 or so days. Happy Monday...

Laura705 03-22-2010 10:18 AM

Michelle - Doesn't sound like a relaxing weekend, but productive! You'll need the extra dough to pay for the painting. Seems like the recommended guy is the way to go. You really have to ask all the right questions. I'm not sure I ever did a paint job that only needed one coat...

Annie - Oh, nice you talked to your son. Good for him w/ the weight loss! Healthier for sure.

Happy - Hope your foot is healing on schedule and you're ready for your usual shoes.

Mel - Continue with the resting, and take a nap for me!

Hi Shad, Ceejay!

Sounds like a lot of you are getting rain today. We've got sun, which is nice, and the week is supposed to be mild. I had a cotton turtleneck sweater on this morning, but was too warm so changed into a lighter shirt before I let home. I'm fighting off a cold and have been popping zinc lozenges. Ick. Hope they work. I took doggy for a walk yesterday afternoon and afterwards did my Margaret Richard Sculpture dvd - upper body workout. It's a 50 min. workout that works everything twice. Some stuff I did twice and some I didn't. I'm sore today. I watched a couple PBS specials yesterday about Chicago's river and Chicago's lakefront. Both were good. Makes me want to spend more time sightseeing in the city.

happy2bme 03-22-2010 11:01 AM

Good woman Mel - delegating to the others for a change. Now that you are free, I'll be by after lunch with the "happy juice" :beach: If it's raining outside, we'll just take the party inside somewhere where they can't find us.

Laura - enjoy that sun while you can. Crummy time of year - 60 one day, snow the next - really plays havoc with your system. Hope you feel better. I agree with you on seeing the city - kind of get caught up in the work / home thing and we only see the city when we have visitors. Lots of neat things to see although alot of times by the time the weekend comes, just relaxing at home (and doing weekend chores) sounds like the best plan.

annie175 03-22-2010 11:14 AM

I think you all need to jump my sh*t, all I want to do is eat, I feel like a pig and get no exercise. (other than walking occassionally). Iv'e got Jillian's (Michael) 30 day shred dvd, but haven't even popped the celophane on it. I have had it for 3 months. Dude WTF is wrong with me? Still fighting the 159 lbs. I am going on my beach vacation May 2, that is only 41 days.

diyana 03-22-2010 01:20 PM

Happy Monday ladies -

I'm fairly exhausted. I did not want to wake up today. After a busy weekend, I'm looking forward to getting into my weekday routine: work, Zumba, shower, eat, sleep. Tonight is two 1/2 hour Zumba classes and a strength training class.

The weather Saturday made me glad I was inside all day. We awoke to 1/2" of snow, and it was cold, drizzly and damp all day. Yesterday, was nice. The sun was out and it warmed up to the mid 50s, unfortunately, I still spent nearly all day indoors. That's okay though...cuz the money I earned working on the website will help pay for the painting.

Shad - So glad you had a nice, albeit expensive, Japanese dinner with friends the other night. Sounds like you've got a great handle on getting yourself and your stuff back home, and preparing for your final week at the job. So did you go to the Sanctuary with the toyboy? Hope you had a nice weekend out.

Happy - I hope you got some sleep over the weekend to make up for the poor sleep during the week. And I hope that this week's nights are more restful for you. I'm so sorry that you are not happy with where you're living and that you feel you'll be there for several more years yet. :hug: :hug: As for the psychologist, I've gone that route before during stressful times, and it has helped me to get perspective, objectivity and to offer suggestions that I haven't thought of. I have often wondered if we made the right decision to move to WI. There are parts of living here that we love, and then there are parts (winter, and being away from family) that are more challenging. As for the website, it was DH and his boss (she knows I work on websites) who asked me what I would charge to do it and how fast could it get done. So I submitted an estimate and said it would be ready Monday, and they accepted. Next time you and Mel do a jammies and movies weekend with cider and SoCo, let me know and I'll join ya! I hope your doctor appt goes well.

Mel - I think Annie would make an awesome coach/trainer! Too bad you had such a busy weekend with the falling seniors and alarms. Glad no one was seriously hurt though. Good for you for delegating Monday to John. :) I agree...the sun is wonderful after a long winter. My doggies are loving it too. On the weekends we leave them outside (when it's nice out) for an hour or two at a time. Then bring them in for a drink of water, and put them back out again. Sorry you're having rainy weather now though.

Ceejay - I'm glad you're not too sore today. This summer, we're going to be pulling out some old ugly junipers that are in front of the house. Sorry that it's raining where you and Happy are. Here it's bright and sunny and will get up to the mid 50s. I'm hoping my workload will allow me a lunchtime walk.

Annie - So nice that you have a friend who was able to fix your brakes! How do you make an upside down pizza? If you've told us before, I apologize for forgetting, but somedays I have CRS (can't remember sh*t). Glad you had a nice visit with your mom. How wonderful that you were able to have a long chat with your son! I'm glad he is enjoying military life so far. Oooooh, Annie, you DO NOT get to challenge me with MORE exercise than I'm already doing if you're not doing your 30-day shred and eating right. :kickbutt: YOUR CHALLENGE FROM ME is to follow your Bariatric eating plan (including practicing portion control), and to do the 30 day shred EVERY DAY that you don't work at CVS, and on the days you do work at CVS, you have to walk at least one mile (indoors or out). Don't make me come after you with Mel's :rollpin: !! :rofl:

Laura - We had a snowy/sleety first day of spring also. It was a cruel joke by Mom Nature. I hope you're able to keep all illnesses at bay. People all around me at work are sick...some with colds, some with flu. I'm just saying :nono: stay the heck away. It's funny you say you don't sightsee enough in your own city. The only time we go sightseeing in Milwaukee is when we have visitors. And our friend in Chicago says the only time she really goes sightseeing is when she has visitors. Silly that we don't take the time to enjoy the wonderful places around where we live.

Alright, sistas, I'm signing out for now. But I'll try and check in later.

Love to all,

annie175 03-22-2010 02:53 PM

Chelle...I am sitting here with a smile on my face reading your challenge. I would love to do just that, and I can sit here and say I will accept your challenge, but what I really need is someone to come live with me to MAKE me. Thank God I work at CVS tonight and tomorrow night. lol....Just beat me!! I will post the upside down pizza later. I have not posted it so far. Stinker.

Shaddie...where are you, my sista?

Happy...have you tried melatonin? for sleeping.

Later ladies..

diyana 03-22-2010 03:04 PM

Annie - Sorry, my DH and my doggies would be mad if I came and lived with you. So no excuses, sista, you can do this! Beach vacay is just over a month away. Get to it!

ceejay52 03-22-2010 06:33 PM

Happy
Didn't know you were upset about not getting to move. Things may work out keep those hopes up. How did you dr's appointment go? Hope the shoe transition goes well. I still had to wear the surgical shoe for awhile due to swelling. Like the avatar also.

Michelle
Sorry you had to work most of the week end.

Annie
I have the 30 day Shred. Do you want to set a time and do it together? I'm anxious to see the recipe for the upside down pizza.

Laura
Do you have allergies? Mine sure has been acting up lately. Feel better soon.

Mel
Did you get to enjoy your day without interuptions?

Shad
Have you got most of your packing done? I know your son and Sunday will be glad to see you.

Shad 03-23-2010 05:47 AM

Sorry, been busy with work and packing and laundry etc. Nothing much is new here. Just writing the document (now back to 150 pages rather than the 300 it was) and packing my bags. Yes Ceejay most of the worst of the packing is out of the way. Now it is just a matter of putting things through the wash and packing as I go. Same with the foodstuff - there won't be a lot going home - just sauces and salt and pepper and spices - that sort of stuff.

Someone asked if I went to the Sanctuary over the weekend. Yes I did. I didn't go with the toyboy. I went by myself. Then I drove through the mountains and went up to Marysville where those terrible fires had been. It was just awful. Poor little town. I didn't even recognise it. I came back here and took a look at some of the Marysville photos I took some years back and I couldn't even recognise the place. I knew more or less where I had taken the pictures from, but I couldn't find that spot. Couldn't even find the creek. Only about three places left standing in the main street. The trees are all gone. There's a bit of building going on but there is nothing much left at all. It was very sad and quite emotional.
The trees around that area have started to sprout leaves and twigs again, but it will be several years before they get full branches. It is a weird sight to see black trunks reaching up to the sky and a bunch of bright green leaves in clusters around them. Of course great areas of land had dead trees on them. And in the thick forests, the trees are in their bark shedding cycle - it looks a lot better down there. They will be almost back to normal in a year or two. I almost wish I had never gone back there.

Okay, so it is time for bed. We're almost into Wednesday here. Only three more days. Catch you all tomorrow.

happy2bme 03-23-2010 07:15 AM

Morning all,

Can't post personals this morning - have to get out early and take the car in for routine servicing. I'd better find that money tree soon as the dollars are flying out of this house faster than a strong breeze lately.

Got the ok from the doctor to wear a regular shoe again. He said all looks very good bone wise. My foot is still swollen and tender so I may not be totally done with the surgical shoe yet.

Gotta go get dressed. Will try and catch up at lunchtime.

MELODY525 03-23-2010 08:07 AM

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...WakeUPCall.gif

HAPPY TUESDAY! HAVE A GREAT DAY ONCE THOSE PEEPERS ARE PRIED APART AND SEEING STRAIGHT!!

MINE ARE A BIT FOGGY TODAY SO I'LL KEEP IT SHORT.
I TOOK A REST FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU YESTERDAY AND I WILL TODAY AS WELL. VERY DARK AND RAINY HERE AND BRINGING ON THE ACHES. JEN'S COMING DOWN AND WE'LL DO SOME ON LINE BILLING AND DISCUSS FINANCES FOR NEXT MONTH.
OFF I GO...:moped:

ANNIE....SHOULD WE WIRE YOUR MOUTH SHUT?? OR JUST BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!! NO MINDLESS EATING!! IT WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING. GET A HOBBY...PREFERABLY NOT ECVS!!!: :rofl: :rofl:

LAURA....YOU SURE ARE EXERCISINGOVER THERE!! I WAS THINKING WE COULD HAVE AN EASTER EGG ROLL ON YOUR LAWN THIS YEAR...WHATCHA THINK??? :easter:

HAPPY....WHEN MY MONEY TREE GROWS, I'LL SHARE IT WITH YOU. PLANTED IT YESTERDAY :lol3: :lol3: GLAD THE BONE PART IS OK WITH THE FOOT AND SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR HEALING THE REST OF IT!! BE KIND TO YOUR FEET!! GIVE THE FOOT A CHANCE TO HEAL FROM THE INSIDE OUT :hug: LOVING THE FLOWERS!

MICHELLE....GIVE YOURSELF SOME MENTAL DOWN TIME THIS WEEK TOO. KEEP THE SNOW OVER THERE...OR I'LL SEND YOU MY RAIN :rain: LOL

CEEJAY...DID ANY OF THAT NASTY WHITE STUFF MAKE IT DOWN TO YOU?? IT WAS HRD TO TELL LOOKING AT THE WEATHER CHANNEL. COLD TEMPS FLYING ALL OVER THE PLACE :brr:

SHAD.....I WAS THINKING THE SAME THOUGHTS BEFORE YOU LEFT TO GO THERE..VERY SAD. I REMEMBER THE REPORTS ON THE TV OVER HERE. I WONDER WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE HAVE GONE TO. I'M GLAD YOU SAW MOTHER NATURE REPLENISHING THE AREA AGAIN. ONE DAY IT WILL ALL BE GREEN. SENDING A HUG :hug: AND GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOUR LAST FEW DAYS THERE.

annie175 03-23-2010 08:09 AM

Glorious Tuesday, the birds were singing beautifully. High today 60 and sunny...yes...and Chelle...you will be pleased to know I have walking on the agenda. We only get about a mile in, but hey, that is better than doing nothing.

Ceejay...yes let's set a start date for the 30 day shred. I can only do it on the days I don't have CVS. I haven't even cracked the wrapper on the dvd. Is it something you have to do every day? I will try to review it Wednesday night. Maybe start on Thursday evening? I can give you my schedule for CVS and I can plan on joining you on my off days. SOund good? Let me know.

Shaddie...too sad about Marysville. It is kind of like going to a funeral viewing and seeing that person in the casket after a long illness, I usually just wish I had memories rather than seeing them. I can still picture my best friend that died when we were 16. She suffered cancer for 2 years and by the end was really not recognizable. A couple of more wake ups then you are off to home, don't work too hard these last few days and safe travels my sista friend.

Chelle...ok, ok, ok, I am doing it. Yesterdays eats were mostly ok. I had a couple of slips. Girl scouts ff cookies and multi-grain Pringles. Both are gone now and today I am on board, at least at this hour I am. For breakfast I had plain greek yogurt (strangely I love this stuff), and an apple with 2T of peanutbutter. Lunch is tomato soup, pineapple and a few grapes. I may have a fiber bar mid-afternoon as I need to keep things flowing (iron). Evening is when I have the hardest time. WOrking at CVS tonight, but I AM WALKING THIS AFTERNOON,

annie175 03-23-2010 08:13 AM

Oops, it posted before I was done...

I AM WALKING THIS AFTERNOON, as my Chelle will kick my arse if I don't...and ditto back at cha!

Happy...take it easy and slow with the foot sista. Time heals all wounds, it will come, just be patient....or where men are concerned...Time WOUNDS all HEALS. ba haha.

MELLIE...tried to sneak in on me, did ya? Yes, Ms. Mellie...spank me, I've been good...oh, you mean beat me cause I am doing things I ought not? lol Glad the peepers are peeping correctly. hugs

Hello's to all.
Love and hugs.

annie175 03-23-2010 08:15 AM

Oh and BTW...eCVS was uneventful last night. Did get hit on by a very young (22 or 23 yr old) black guy. He was very very cute too. I just smiled and got back to stocking the shelves. LOL

annie175 03-23-2010 08:25 AM

Upside Down Pizza

1-2 lbs of sausage, beef, turkey, whatever you like (I used maple sausage and italian sausage, browned and drained.
Pepperoni slices (nuked in paper towel 30 seconds, then wipe grease away)
1 Lg jar of spaghetti sauce (I add a T of sugar or splenda, then a teas. of oregano, basil, garlic)
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can use FF or Lowfat) (Iused the shredded generic brand of cheeses mozzarella, parmesan, etc)
1 8oz tube refigerated crescent rolls
Any veggies you like on your pizza. Green peppers chopped, onions-chopped or sliced, anything hard I nuke to semi-soft.
mushrooms
black olives

Preheat oven to 350.
Brown, drain meat.
Add spaghetti sauce to meat..mix, simmer for a few

In 9x13 pan sprayed with pam
Spread layer of meat sauce
layer of cheese
all veggies
layer of meat
layer of cheese
Pinch together the crescent rolls to make a top for the layered mixture. Place on top, like a crust.
Bake 45 minutes UNCOVERED. (or till top is golden brown)

MAJOR YUMMY!

diyana 03-23-2010 10:29 AM

Happy Tuesday ladies -

Last night, I did two 1/2 hour Zumba classes and a 1/2 hour strength training class, and I'm not even overly sore today! Yay! Plus, I love the endorphins! Tonight is 1/2 hour of Zumba, and I'll probably do some additional cardio, in addition to at least a one-mile walk. I gotta fess up though...I stopped at Taco Bell after the gym. It was calling me, and I couldn't resist. Okay...so I've had a slip. Now it's back on track for this chick...I'm going to work out even harder and eat "clean".

Happy - Be careful transitioning to regular shoes. When I had foot surgery, even after I got the all clear to go back to regular shoes, I had trouble as my foot was still pretty swollen and sore, so I'd wear the shoes for an hour or so and then switch to the surgical shoe. Hope the car appointment goes well.

Ceejay - What a great idea to do the 30 day Shred with Annie!!

Shad - I'll bet you'll be glad once you get the docu, laundry and packing done. I hope your last few days finishing up the job go smoothly. Have you heard about the pending contracts for after you finish this one? Or will you get a little break to stay home and work in the garden and on the house? It is so sad to see fire devastation. Coming from California where there are so many bad fires, it's very emotional to see all the destruction to buildings and open space, and worse of course if there were any serious injuries or fatalities. :hug:

Mel - Good for you for taking rest days yesterday and today. Not much time for mental down time this week...unless you count Zumba time, which is always fun and does clear my head and reduce my stress. We don't have any more snow...except in the really shady spots or the mounds of snow in parking lots where the snow plow pushes all the snow.

Annie - I'm glad you're taking a walk today. I'm walking as well. Sounds like your eating is right on plan. Do you eat before you go to CVS? Or do you get a dinner break? Or do you eat after? Thanks for the upside down pizza recipe.

I suppose I should get some work done...or maybe get some more coffee first! :coffdate:

Here's to a terrific Tuesday for all of us (and a wonderful Wednesday for Shad)!

Love and hugs,

annie175 03-23-2010 10:50 AM

Chelle...if I eat when I work at CVS it is when I get home. Last night I was so tired. I didn't eat at all. I got home at 10:06 and was in bed by 10:09. Just long enough to wash my face and let Hello out to potty. I don't have enough time to eat between jobs and only get a 15 minute break at CVS, that I don't normally take. I didn't need to eat last night anyway as I had eaten the other junk prior when I was being bad Annie. Have a good one.

Laura705 03-23-2010 12:52 PM

Hey everybody! Just checking in. I'll have to catch up later. :flow1: