3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlies March On Over to Mel's for Margaritas... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/195571-worldlies-march-over-mels-margaritas.html)

Laura705 03-02-2010 02:40 PM

Quick hello to everyone. Busy as heck today, and now I've got a software demo that's been scheduled and rescheduled. Sigh. Not going to the movies tonight. I didn't vote and "The Last Station" ended up being chosen. It's an Oscar-nominated movie about Tolstoy. I'm sure it's well done, but I'm just not very interested in seeing it.

Okay, I'll have to catch up later. Have a good day/rest of the day everyone!

ceejay52 03-02-2010 03:49 PM

The wind is still a bit nippy. brrrr

I'm at work so I'll make this short. More later.

MELODY525 03-03-2010 07:34 AM

ANOTHER QUICKIE SORRY GIRLS. THE MEETIN G WAS GOOD BUT LONG AND L;ATE STARTING. I HAVE SOME OFFICE STUIFF TO DO AS A RESULT. SAME OLD CRAP:rofl:
I AM TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING DONE TODAY AND ALSO EARLY. GOT A WHOPPER OF A HEADACHE COMING WITH THEIS STORM. MUST BE MAINLY RAIN :rain: JEN IS DOWN FOR THE COUNT ALSO. SHE LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY :moped:

MELODY525 03-03-2010 07:35 AM

HAPPY...I DID SEE THE E-MAIL NOTICE OF YOUR OPERATION. THAT POST CAME TO MY MAILBOX....I CAN IMAGINE WHAT WAS INVOLVED. I OULD FEEL IT IN MY BONES!!! :yikes: SO BE PATIENT AND GENTLE TO YOURSELF :hug:

diyana 03-03-2010 08:16 AM

Happy Hump Day ladies -

I sure as heck hope my scale at home is wrong. It says I've gained over a pound this week, and that just CAN'T be right. With all the exercise I'm doing, I KNOW I'm burning more calories than I'm taking in. Oh well, I'm not gonna stress about it. I'm just hoping the WW scale tomorrow is more kind than my scale at home. Sheesh!! I will be a bit p*ssed off if I don't reach Annie's goal for me of 214. I'm working my arse off in terms of exercise, and my eating has been on plan. At least my belly muscles feel a little tighter...I've still got all the rolls, muffin tops and loaves of bread around my waist and stomach...but all the "bread products" are a bit firmer! :rofl:

Last night was an "easy" night...just 1/2 hour of Zumba. Gosh, I have SO much fun doing those dances!! Tonight, a Zumba classmate and I are trying the 1 hour ADVANCED Zumba. It will likely kill us, so if I'm not here tomorrow, that's why. Instead of Death by Chocolate, it'll be Death by Zumba. :lol3:

Laura - I hope today is a bit more sane at work for you. I haven't heard of "The Last Station", but I heard Ebert's pick for Best Picture is "The Hurt Locker". Have you seen that movie?

Ceejay - Stay warm, girlfriend. :brr:

Mel - Hope you and Jen feel better soon! :hug: I sometimes get headaches brought about by change in weather and the onset of storms.

Happy - Are you keeping your foot propped up and iced? Don't make me come down there! :rollpin: :lol:

Annie - Please don't be mad if I don't make 214 by the 11th. I'm trying, girlfriend. I'm really trying!

A big :wave: to all!!

I'll check back in later...right now, I need a cup of coffee. :coffee:

Lots of love and hugs,

annie175 03-03-2010 08:24 AM

Chelle, Chelle, Chelle....I will not be mad, my friend. I am really happy that you are putting the effort into it. You will still ROCK, my sista. No negative....and your surprise will just move to the next challenge....I am dreaming it up now. Be ready....AND THIS CHALLENGE IS NOT OVER YET. HUGS...

MELLIE....I am thinking just open all the windows in that building and air the dang place out. Too much sickie going on. Have a smooth sailing day, chickie.

Hey Ceejay, Laura, Shaddie, Happy, et al.

Love and hugs

Annie

diyana 03-03-2010 08:34 AM

Annie - You are right...this challenge is NOT over yet. I'm not throwing in the towel. And who knows maybe my home scale is way wrong - I didn't get a chance to weigh myself on the Wii Fit this morning which is more accurate than my old digital scale. Your suggestion to Mel of opening all the windows sounds divine!! I may just do that this weekend for a couple hours since it's supposed to warm up to the mid 40s!! :)

happy2bme 03-03-2010 08:59 AM

Good morning chicks,

They are teasing us. Supposed to get to the 60's this weekend but there will be a little suffering before pleasure and it's freezing out there this morning. Just gathering the trash up - brrrrrrrr.

I'm not sleeping well at all. I am a night owl by nature and I'd rather sleep during the day. I do find right now that at some point in the afternoon I have to sit in the recliner and rest my foot up. Of course it's warm and snuggly and sleep inducing :lol: I usually doze for an hour. Then I'm wide awake at 1:30am and don't want to get up at 7. I've got to flip this as I probably will have to go back into the office next week and can't be walking around like zombie land even if I do have the shuffle down pat :D

Michelle - I'm sure you will make your challenge goal. You've been hitting the floor hard and sometimes like the printer at work that knows to die just when you are trying to run the frantic reports, the body will just shut down a sec and not let you through :snooty: I'm sure you will break that goal, hoping for exciting news for you on the scale tomorrow! I'm sure with all the twists and dance moves that each Zumba class mixes it up a bit so it's not like your body thinks it's doing the same stuff. Maybe it's time for a bit of strength work twice a week or so? My crazy buddy at work used to bring a dumbell in and do arm curls while she was working support calls on the phone - get it in any way you can she said :lol:

Mel - here's hoping for just a sprinkle tinkle of rain on your side of the road and no downpours. Hope you feel better - sorry to hear it's hit Jen hard. Good weather and good feelings can't come soon enough :hug:

Annie - no you don't have to pay T back for the car repair. I'm sure in People's Court that definitely would be ruled as a gift :lol:

Laura - The Hurt Locker is getting alot of press right now, looked like an interesting movie. Did you see The Blind Side? Good luck with your demo.

I'm kind of excited. We'll be headed up to Chicago for a long weekend the end of June. DH is very very into the blues (music) and Eric Clapton is having a concert will at least 20 blues musicians. An all day thing to benefit a drug rehab program in Antigua. Awesome list of performers including ZZ Top, Jeff Beck, John Mayer, Keb 'Mo and of course Eric himself. I know DH wanted to go but of course the tickets sold out in probably 10 minutes when they went up for sale. Apparently there is a thriving business in which people snarf up the tickets and then go and sell them on the resale market for 2 to 50 times the ticket price. Considering that there are over 4,000 tickets on the aftermarket website, do you think this is the case? :shrug: We were talking last night and I asked him why he wasn't going. I told him how to get tickets and next thing I know we were researching seats and boom we are going. Got some good tickets too. DH is getting the last of a small inheritance from his Dad's house. Most of the money is going to pay for the roof and house repairs but there's just a small bit left for us to have a nice vacation and the cherry on the cake, this concert. We will only be in Chicago 4 days or so, not alot of time to actually get around and see everyone - it's always a bummer to decide how to stretch the vacation days. And after driving 8 hours to get up there, it's always such a L-O-N-G drive to get anywhere up there - particularly with traditional road summer construction everywhere. Geez have I been away long enough :rofl: Anyway, something to look forward to. And DH got us seats not far from the ladies room. Since we will be there about 12 hours, he figured that would help me out - does he know me or what? :D

Anyway - gots to get back to work now. Hellos to Shad and Ceejay and Patty. :wave:

diyana 03-03-2010 09:32 AM

Happy - Ahhhh, 60s! I can't wait 'till those temps get up here! Probably at least a month or two away...for now, I'll settle for the mid 40s. :) I'm sure your sleep schedule will adjust next week when you're not allowed to take afternoon naps at your desk. The first couple days might be rough...but just do zombie shuffle in the meantime, which btw is a move in my Zumba classes! So you're doing Zumba too, girlfriend!! :rofl: I usually do strength training on Mondays and Thursdays, perhaps I need more than 1/2 hour of strength training on those days. I'm even working on incorporating core stuff (crunches and planks, etc.) into daily workouts. Perhaps more of those? A Clapton concert in June! What a lovely long weekend to look forward to!! I just checked a ticket broker for tickets - my DH would love that concert too. It's a little too pricey for us at this point...so I don't think we'll be able to do that this summer. :( We saw Clapton years ago at Dodger Stadium. It was awesome!! I'm sure you and DH will have a great time!!

annie175 03-03-2010 10:23 AM

Happy...would you say you are JAZZED about the BLUES....lol

Laura705 03-03-2010 02:27 PM

Hey everyone. Another quick check in. I haven't gotten anything done so far today because my laptop's cd/dvd drive is not working. They've (help desk) tried all the usual stuff, and still not working in my machine. Rarely use it, but of course when I needed it yesterday, it didn't work. Not too frustrating.

I did two BE workouts last night. I'm looking forward to receiving my new M. Richards dvd.

Okay, time to get moving.

Laura

diyana 03-03-2010 03:32 PM

Laura - Sorry to hear about your 'puter woes. I hope the Help Desk folks get it fixed soon. :crossed: Good for you for getting in 2 BE workouts!! Have a great evening!!

ceejay52 03-03-2010 06:10 PM

Afternoon all,

Space station is supposed to be visible tonight. Gonna look for it.

Happy
Take it easy. To be honest I'm not looking for you to return to work next week. I was off 4 weeks.

Mel
Tell Jen to take it easy. Sounds like you are feeling better too.

Hello to the rest. I'm still at work even though every one went home at 4 p.m. The camera is still watching me.

Laura705 03-03-2010 08:42 PM

I'm back. Just finished one BE workout. BF is on the phone, so dinner won't be ready for a bit.

Ceejay - Hope you spot the space station tonight. Wonder if I can see it in my area. The sky is clear... Need to look that up.

Michelle - You're doing great w/ your exercise. :carrot: I'm sure you'll hit that goal soon enough because you have a great deal of perseverance (sp?)! Just know that the exercise is good for you regardless of the calories burned!

Happy - Is that Clapton concert part of his Crossroads tour? I think he's done that in Chicago in the past. Never been, but it sounds like a lot of fun. :) Something else to look forward to after your beach vacay...except for the drive, lol. Hope you're getting your rest and staying comfy. You'll get back in the groove next week, I'm sure. I haven't seen The Hurt Locker. I've actually only seen 5 of the 10 movies nominated for the Best Picture Oscar. Oh well. I did see Blind Side and liked it, but I don't think it'll win.

Mel - Hope you and Jen are feeling better!

Hi Annie, Shad! :wave:

Cheers!

annie175 03-04-2010 08:55 AM

Good Morning All My Worldlie Sunshines!!

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day!!!

Boss is on a cruise.....Venti pumpkin spice, non-fat, decaf latte'...have been moved 3 times.....ankle is not so bad today...hand and wrist (dog bite) is somewhat better.....

JESUS IS IN THE HOUSE AND LOVES ME!!! (101.9 KLOVE)

ROCKIN'

Hello's to everyone.

Much love and many hugs,