3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Bodacious Buddies - Come Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/194516-bodacious-buddies-come-join-us.html)

carlee86 02-22-2010 04:50 PM

I was wondering if everyone had ran off.

Rachel I'm definitely addicted to McDonalds...I didn't eat it for a while because their hamburgers made me sick for the longest...but my dad begged to try it again because of the budget and because everyone was strapped for time that night.

The 2 worst things are the dollar menu and being open 24/7 :bomb:

We actually went grocery shopping and I started taking over the "dinner menu"...so it's going to be more healthy...finally getting mom & dad to agree to some of the changes. Mom is staying the same weight..but dad is getting rounder.
Sunday night I made my fav new snack! Graham Cracker sandwich! 1 graham cracker sheet broke in half and 2 tbsp of cool whip fat free and place in the freezer...comes close to 75 calories..and I love them!

pokeycactus 02-22-2010 04:55 PM

Carlee - let me know if you want some replacement options that you can "sneak" in there. My husband is REALLY picky when it comes to foods, but by me just making stuff and not telling him, he's actually come to like, if not prefer, lower calorie options.

For instance, Kraft Fat Free Mayo is only 10 calories per serving (I think 1 TBSP is a serving), and I really think in tuna salad and such, you can't tell the difference. I make a huge thing of sugar-free jello every Sunday night and let him go to town on that - sugar free jello is only 10 calories per serving. Aaaand, he didn't know it was sugar free till he found the boxes in the pantry :devil:

Sigh...Spicy McChicken. Delish, and only a buck. :lol: how evil.

pokeycactus 02-22-2010 04:56 PM

Do you use regular grahams, or chocolate grahams???

xgemziex 02-22-2010 05:06 PM

Hey I'm Gemma, I've had really bad issues with my weight since I was 13. My weight dropped to 80 lbs and in recovery I got to a healthy 110 lbs. Since then my weight has yo-yoed up and down so many times it's unreal. Now I just want to get back down to the 110 lbs doing it the healthy way. I want to have a good relationship with food and learn to love myself at the same time that's why I'm doing the S.P.A challenge each month there's a different topic. This month it's self-love and it gives you a different challenge every day. None of this means anything unless you learn to love yourself and everything about you, no-ones perfect and that's something I've learnt :). I've just ordered the 30 day shred as well because so many people have been talking about it so I'll be starting that soon, until then I'll carry on the elliptical and doing workouts on the fitness channel. ( I can't afford a gym membership right now). I'm a shop assistant and my money doesn't stretch far. What else to say? Hmmm I'm not sure I'm on a 1,200 calorie a day plan and I'm hoping one day to run a marathon! && I'm going to take a look at that hungry girl site because it sounds immense! x

pokeycactus 02-22-2010 05:45 PM

Welcome, Gemma! Glad to have you aboard :)

You'll love 30 Day Shred, it's a great workout!

carlee86 02-22-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokeycactus (Post 3166645)
Do you use regular grahams, or chocolate grahams???

Honey...cause they have a walmart brand..lol I was curious to try chocolate...but I love the honey. I dunno if I could do cinnamon ones though..cause they are a little rougher than the others.

xgemziex 02-23-2010 04:00 AM

Thanks! :) I'm really looking forward to it! x

pokeycactus 02-23-2010 09:30 AM

Gooood morning lovelies!!!! How is everyone today? Did you all have a good day yesterday?

I went to an hour of yoga and an hour of zumba last night, and I'm definitely feeling the yoga class this morning!!! I'm soooorrreeee :lol: who knew!

I just had the weirdest texture reaction - I eat a light yogurt every day at work for breakfast. I didn't go grocery shopping with my husband this week, but put on the list for him to just get me yogurts that were 100 calories or less, doesn't matter the flavor, brand or whatever. I don't know if I was like, in the zone or whatever, but I just opened this morning's yogurt and took a bite...and nearly spit it out. It's the Yoplait Thick and Creamy variety and for a second, I thought I had put like, spoiled yogurt in my mouth! I didn't even notice the label...:lol: that'll teach me to let him go shopping for me and then not read the labels of what he brings home.

GiddyupKaos 02-23-2010 10:29 AM

Mornin my GIRLSSSSSS!!!!!
ok, so I went to WalMart last nite to pick up a few things to keep me on PLAN.. mostly WW snack stuff... and ended up spending $200... dear lord.. hehehe lol.. can we say OVERBOARD???? ;)
I bought alot of staple stuff... so I'm ready for next week too!!! Also, I did my P90 workout last night.. it seems to be getting easier.. YIPPEE!!!
I have my 1st "official" weigh-in on Saturday morning.. I'm excited and nervous too!!! I think I'm doing good this week.. I just hope it shows on that scale Saturday mornin!!!!! :D I'm sooo glad we have this thread... It's HOME!!!!! Together ANYTHING is possible....
Have a great day my bodacious babes!!!! :hug:

gymmommy 02-23-2010 11:24 AM

Morning!
So did 45min of elliptical and 10min of abs plus the Shred dvd yesterday. Yippy!! What level of the shred do you guys do? I am sweating like a pig with level 1 but I am not sore at all. Should I go to level 2??? HUMMMMM!!!! Did I mention I HATE to sweat.
Have a good day ladies!
Amy;)

pokeycactus 02-23-2010 12:21 PM

I hate to sweat too!!!!

You could try Level 2, or do Level 1 with heavier weights. I actually do 30DS as in intermittent thing when I don't go to the gym, and so have only ever done Level 1, but I always use the weights that are at the same level I am at in my weight lifting classes, so I'm guaranteed to be sore.

gymmommy 02-23-2010 02:30 PM

I might. I am using 2 5lb weights. I really don't want to be buff just not giggly.
Thanks, Amy

GiddyupKaos 02-23-2010 03:25 PM

Hey Everyone!! Just checkin in with my girls.. HOW is everyone doing today!!?? :hug: I am staying on plan SO FAR... hehehe I am lovin the journaling of everything I eat...it's keeping me on track!!! Yippeee....
My nephew has a basketball tournament tonite, so I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner... I need to get home, and make me a salad or something before I go....otherwise, I will want FAST FOOD, and it's NOT HAPPENING!!! Thank goodness my man will be there, that will help to keep me in line!!! hehehe lol
So right now I wear a size 18/20.....and I wanna be in a size "12" by the time I get married in October... Is that even a realistic goal?? or am I setting myself up??? What do you girls think??? Hugs all around.. I'm sooo glad you all are here!!!!! xoxoxoxoox:D

gymmommy 02-24-2010 10:46 AM

Another day another pound. 2 pounds to go till I reach my goal for Monday. I can do it. Worked out 1 1/2 hours both Monday and Tuesday plan on doing it all week!!! Have a good day!
Amy:carrot:

xgemziex 02-25-2010 07:20 AM

I think you could do it Selena! I'm not exactly sure how many lbs makes a dress size change though but anythings possible and you seem to be doing really well! :) x