Old 02-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #16  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Oh, and Carlee, I was going to mention - 30 Day Shred is great but hard! I though, oh geeze, a 30 minute workout...this'll be eeeeasy...

About 12 seconds in I was dying

It's the best at home workout though, I feel like you really get your "money's" worth, so to speak. I'm always sore the next day, and I always feel just as energized with 30DS as I do after an hour of Zumba.

Last edited by pokeycactus; 02-18-2010 at 05:52 PM.
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #17  
Amy

S/C/G: 207/190/140

Height: 5'8"

Talking

Puyallup, WA. I am sure you have been to the Puyallup Fair then. But we are not a super small town with cows everywhere. Thats what people think because of the Fair.
Amy
gymmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #18  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hey girls... Wow, I've had a busy day today... no playing around today... EEKK!!!
I'm eating some yogurt right now.. ugh!! soo not my fav...

Hope everyone is having a great day.... I'm super busy tonite, my man is buying a new car, and he wants me to go help him pick it out..

Have a good one everyone... I love getting to know all of you... so glad we have this thread!!! :hugs:
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #19  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Selena, I throw some fiber one cereal or a little granola on my light vanilla yogurt - it gives it some crunchies and a little extra flavor without adding a lot of calories, really.

And Amy - I used to ride at the Fair every year! The last time I was there was 2004 (I think), I was rodeo queen that year. Totally fun!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Rachel, hard is ok for me. I want it to be actually.

All throughout high school I was in Color Guard..most people just think "look at those flags with the marching band"..not as easy at it looks! We spun rifles (wooden but like ROTC) and sabres. My director was hard core..we had a "warm up" it was 100 push ups and 100 crunches and more..and that was at 5am in the morning...and we had to run a full track lap for every person who was late...one morning we did the warm up...ran 5 laps..and you got extra laps...if you walked at any point..then rehearsal all over that football field from 6a-10am..and boy..let me tell you..wooden rifles and metal sabres hurt when they land wrong in your hand. If you mumbled a "choice" word or a few choice words...we got 10 push ups for every letter in that "choice" word. If we didn't catch the flag, rifle or sabre and dare let it touch the ground...each drop was 10 push ups!

Yes..even during all of that was heavy...but coming from 8th grade into summer camp my 9th grade year...those 2 or 3 weeks in the Texas heat...doing all that I dropped 20lbs! Our director also gave us crunches and push ups if he found us drinking sodas. Even though I hate authority...those were the most awesome times!

We also had to learn ballet and there was also Winter Guard..it's inside in the gym to your own music..not the band's...woo hoo. But we also got push ups for being heavy on our feet because it sounded like a heard of elephants...so that was fun...had to run/dash...in a pretty manner and not make a sound on a wooden gym floor. Gosh I miss it! (true story..I really do miss it)

Last edited by carlee86; 02-18-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: kill typos!
carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #21  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Yeah, hard is definitely good! It's a great workout, and there are three levels, so that's the best part. I got my copy on ebay, you might be able to find one there cheaply.

I think you're going to like it! All that color guard stuff sounds hardcore!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #22  

Awesome..Ebay has some cool stuff. I was looking at Amazon at first and the dvd was 8 plus shipping..so I figured I needed that amount roughly.

--wow..ebay has them cheaper than Amazon...now to find an ipod charger..hopefully cheaper too
Old 02-19-2010, 02:48 AM   #23  

where did everyone go?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #24  
Amy

Red face

Im here!
SO 2nd day of elliptical. Did I mention I hate to sweat!!!! Hate every minute of exercise but, I know I need to do it. RRRRRRRRRRRRR. I saw you guys talking about the 30 shread and got it and will try it tonight. Will give a report on Monday.
On a better note I lost 2lbs. So I am at 15.something lbs lost since New Year. Which doesn't seem like much ~ I think I cheated to much with birthdays, anniversary, superbowl party and Valentines. My next party is on April 10th so I hope to not cheat till then. My oldest daughter will be turning 11 ~ OMG have I had kids that long.
How do you guys get the little ticker thing at the bottom of your posts. Do I have to be a memeber for a month before I get it?
Alright thats it from me.
Have a good weekend ladies!!!!!!!!
Amy
Old 02-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #25  
Amy

Red face

O I forgot to mention everytime I look of the tittle of this thread (or whatever you call it) I always think it says:
BOOTIELIOUS!!! Like got to much Bootie!!!! Which I do!
Amy

Wish this thing had spell check! My spelling sucks!
is it Booty or Bootie????

Last edited by gymmommy; 02-19-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #26  

Congrats Amy!!

15 lbs is awesome. I wish I had your determination.

Yesterday my mom wanted fast food...so we ate it..then last night I had a near temper tantrum needing another fast food item. I swear I'm addicted to fast food.

I haven't drank sodas in 3 or so years..and I come back to my parents..and boom! I MUST have diet sodas. So no more diet sodas ..darn it!

I think you have to be a member for 20 days to get a ticker.

Last edited by carlee86; 02-19-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: add in ticker info
Old 02-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #27  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Hey everyone!!!

Amy, bootilicious can be a good thing...right??? haha, now I'm not so sure.

Carlee, I'm addicted to fast food too. Taco Bell specifically, which, when you think about it, is kind of gross. It's not really the most high quality food....but it's my weakness, what can I say?

I'm not very active on the boards during the weekends, I know I need to be better about that.

Soooo....how was everyone's weekend?!? Good/bad/otherwise?

Do we need goals for every week? I think we should!

Even though it's monday, everyone can post their goal by tonight, and then the challenge can go till next Monday morning to see if you've met it. Sound good?

Last edited by pokeycactus; 02-22-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #28  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Hey Hey Hey!!!! Sorry, I am not around on weekends, I go out of town to be with my honey!!!! **sigh... the man is just too dreamy!!! anyway.. I digress... I did VERY good this weekend... SATURDAY was my 1st official day at WW... I love it... The group leader has made me her PROJECT for the year... she said she is gonna get this weight off me.. THIS YEAR!!! I am tooo excited.....We got along great...
I got up this morning and worked out ....did cardio and I will do more tonite!!!
I am soo motivated this morning!!!
Hope everyone has an awesome day!!!!! xoxoxox

" Hard doesn't equal impossible."
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #29  
Amy

Red face

Happy Monday!
RRRR hate Mondays. Ok so I drank to much and ate to much on Sat. SO I gained the 2 pounds I lost last week back. I am sure its just water weight or whatever.
I did the 30 day Shred dvd on Friday night. LOVE IT! I love Circut training its my favorite . If I would have to pick a favorite type of exercise. Really I hate all exercise but I can put up with it.
My goal is to reach 187lbs. by next Monday. I have lots of work to do this week to meet that goal.
Amy

Last edited by gymmommy; 02-22-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #30  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Amy I hate Mondays too. I usually am up at least a pound on Monday morning because of too much liberty...I'm really good during the week, because I only eat what I bring. But on the weekends...it's way harder. Too many tempting goodies. Good for you on the 30 Day Shred though, that's a great dvd!

Sooo....my goal for this week is to go to 4 gym classes, try at least one that I haven't tried before, and to curb the "partying" this weekend.

Last edited by pokeycactus; 02-22-2010 at 03:48 PM.