Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #16  
On My Way To Skinny

S/C/G: 239/239/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Good Morning Second,
Oh I don't mind you asking about my exercise. I was going to use my Eliptical and I have a few Walking Away the Pound Dvd's. A few years ago my Hubby closed in our cover patio and made it a work out room, I have a eliptical , weights and a tv for all my exercise dvd's. Well I did good with my portion control yesterday except I had a dessert that I shouldn't of had. Well how are you doing? The frozen Banana sound yummy, can you use a blender to make this? I don't have a processor. Thanks for sharing the website it has lot of recipes..
MyJourney2Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #17  
Headed for ONEderland

S/C/G: 253/242.5/199<--for now

Height: 5'6"

Good morning to you!

I'm completely in 'envy' of your workout room! I would love to have a room like that. I have an eliptical too, it's in our so unmotivating, uncompleted basement.. LOL! Well, it's not completely depressing I suppose. It has the walls framed and partially drywalled, and it does have a TV in view from the eliptical.. but still, I can't, though I should, get back on it. Probably do me a world of good.

I was good up until dinner time. And I knew exactly that dinner wasn't going to be all that of a "good choice" all day. So I prepared by keeping my calories low previous to it. It was my birthday yesterday, so my hubby took me out to the Keg Steakhouse. So yeah, I gave myself a 'no count zone' for half a day. I came home and drank almost a litre of water to try and flush out as much sodium as I could. The damaged equalled a 1/2lb. gain this morning. Considering... I'm pleased and releived. It maybe terrible thinking to give yourself that much leeway because it's your birthday, but I told myself this is something I have to do for the rest of my life. If I live and eat on target 99% of the time, I'm aloud a day here and there. This is a life long journey, not a race to get skinny.

I guess a blender would work. Wouldn't hurt to give a try anyways! LOL It is really an awesome discovery.

Have a great day!
SecondGlance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #18  
On My Way To Skinny

Good Morning Second,
Well how are you today? Well I think I have my plan. I am going to Calorie Count with healthy foods and reserve about 150 calories a day for something I like or want and see how I do. Now the book I am reading say after I done the math that I can start with 2,200 calories a day but I don't know that seems so high to me. I would stay there for a week and and see if I lose weight. If I do them I would stay there. If not them I would move down to the next level plan which it 2,000 calories a day just keep moving down until I find what a plan that works for me. The Calorie Level plans are 2,400, 2,200, 2,000, 1,800, 1,600. and with each plan you get either 200 or 150 of the calories for something you like. What do you think should I start my plan a 2,200 or should I like start at the 1,800 plan.
Yeah I like my weight room too, Now i just need to be faithful lol..
Old 02-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #19  
Headed for ONEderland

So sorry I didn't get a chance to come here yesterday.

Well, they do say to start higher that way you can adjust them accoringly to your weight. Like when you hit a stall and you decrease you calories and jump start your weight loss again. Personally, I haven't went any higher than 1800 and currently I'm keeping it at a range between 1400/1500 calories, only because that's where I seem to lose the best. Mind you, I can't go any lower, but I guess I'll have to switch up my exercise to get my body going again. I think..LOL. And of course they do say to switch your calories between high and low a few days to keep your body guessing and losing. So.. I guess in the end try something out until you find what works for you! LOL!

It's been a week since starting (again) and I'm down 6.5lbs! Yay! I have to admit that I have strayed from the D-tour Diet a bit mainly because I didn't have the same ingredients. But I swapped veggies for other veggies and lean protein for another. It must have been okay. There seems to be a lot of salads for lunch which I'm kinda not in the mood for today. Maybe I need to find a new dressing to keep things not so monotonous. I bought the Sugar Solution Cookbook and my.. don't the recipes look tasty. So hoping to find some new meal ideas in there too.

Hope you're doing well!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #20  
On My Way To Skinny

Good Morning Second

Congrats on the 6.5lb thats great.. Sounds like your doing great. I think its ok to swap ingredients for another healthy ingredient. Yeah thats what I need to do is find more recipes so I don't get bored eating the same stuff.

Well I stayed on plan yesterday Yay!! Came in 131 calories under my budget.. I will stay at this level for one week then change if I need to. Have a great day!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #21  
Headed for ONEderland

Thanks!

Good for you with tracking.. you'll be in the swing of it all faster than you realize!

How will you handle weighing yourself? Daily or have a weigh-in day? I weigh everyday so I can be accountable. Some disagree, but it really helps me. If I see that I need to be more diligent one day then I know.

Have a good night!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #22  
On My Way To Skinny

Hello second,

Hope all is well for you today! I came in under calories again yesterday . Well I am going to weigh myself next Wednesday, then probably from there it will be daily. That's what I did when I followed the South Beach I weighed in daily. I will add in my walk away the pound dvd on Monday. Have you made any recipes from that website Greenlitebites. Have a Good day!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #23  
On My Way To Skinny

Good Morning Second,
Well I wasn't here over the weekend sorry, I hope all is well with you. We ended up eating out alot this weekend. But I still managed to keep track of my calories, I'm not sure if I will loose anything this week but I did track everything I ate and stayed close to my calories range. Tomorrow is weigh in day so I will see how I did. Have a Great Day!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #24  
Headed for ONEderland

Hi! Yeah, no problem it was a whirlwind weekend for me as well. My daughter had friday off. (NO workout @ the gym) so we made a maze in the back yard through the snow. Saturady we bought the Just Dance game for the Wii, it is halarious! Not to mention a great work out! Sunday was Valentines and Chinese New Year (my hubby is from Hong) and yesterday was Family Day (no school again). I haven't down trodded on the scale but that could be due to a lot of bloating (if you know what I mean.. LOL), but I have remained faithful to the plan and hope to see some new movement this week.

Good luck tomorrow as you weigh in! Whatever the results, just remember, it's all helping towards a healthier you!

Have a great day!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #25  
On My Way To Skinny

Hello,
Well it sound like you had a nice family time weekend. Oh I wish I had some snow. My daughter has a Wii so I will have to look into that dance game you mentioned. Well I weighed in this morning and I'm one pound down So now I think I'm going to lower it one more level. And exercise at least 3 time this week and start weighing everyday and may that will pick up the weight loss. Well it sound like your doing really well, keep up the good work and you will be to onederland soon. Bye for now!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #26  
Headed for ONEderland

Talking Yay!

Good morning! Congratulations on your loss! It's most definitely a step in the right direction! I think you'll have great success.

I finally was able to get the scale to move again, down one more pound! I am completely staggered that I have made a fish lover (well close enough) out of my daughter. She is so picky! I did maple bbq salmon last friday and yesterday I did halibut. I didn't say anything I just watch in amazement as she gobble the whole portion up! Wow! It's such a relief to be able to find something that we both enjoy. Otherwise chicken, chicken, and more chicken gets quite boring.

Have you tried out any new recipes that you have come across? I really want to try the stuffed peppers (with the curry) from the green lite bites website. I saw she kale chips over the weekend.. wow! Kinda shocked with that one. What do you think?

Well, I've got laundry dinging it's end. Time to reload! LOL Have an awesome day! Here's to us making another day of great choices!

By the way, my name is Tina!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #27  
On My Way To Skinny

Good Morning Tina,

Congratulation on getting the scale to move again, I know how that feels when the scale doesn't move. Oh wow that's great you found some recipes your daughter likes, I have 3 girls ages 20, 17, & 14 and there are all picky.
No I haven't went over to greenbites lately but I need to. I need to find some new recipes I am getting bored with chicken and turkey burger. Well hope you have a nice day! oh and my name is Linda
Old 02-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #28  
Headed for ONEderland

Smile

Good morning Linda!

I hope your well. How is the lower calorie counting coming along so far?

I'm trying to think my way around dinner tonight. My daughter is invited to a birthday party tonight at the ski hill. Dinner will be provided for them, from the canteen. I'm thinking I don't want to order from there for myself :.. but what can I grab ahead of time?? LOL I'd like to have decent dinner but don't want to eat while my daughter waits for me... maybe I'll grab a sandwich. Hey... that's it I'll grab Subway! haha

I'll try to check in over the weekend, but if I don't... I hope your weekend goes well. They are truly a struggle for me for calorie counting but I'm determined to do my best.

Take care!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #29  
On My Way To Skinny

Good Morning Tina,
I'm having a hard time lowering my calories to the next level so hopefully I will do better today. It makes me wonder how many calories I was eating before I started to count them. I seem to do fine until diner then my diners. I think I might have to set a certain amount for each meal.

So how did your diner go at the birthday party? Were you able to find something? Oh it's ok if you don't make it here on the weekend, I usually don't come either. Well Hope you have a great weekend too and .

Linda
Old 02-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #30  
On My Way To Skinny

Good morning Tina,

Well I hope you had a great weekend. We ate out a little to much this weekend so the scale this morning was up 2 pounds But this is a new day so back to plan, I am going to try to lower my calories this week to 1,800. I want this weight to start moving. Bye for now!