Loosing to the lure of the vending machines!

• Help! I'm quickly loosing the battle... I'm at work and super super stressed. All I can think about is how good some chocolate would taste right now. I have a serious stress headache and my stomach is upset (stress)... yet I want chocolate.
  • I have found that frozen fruit cures my craving for sweets! For some reason it tastes sweeter frozen!! You can find the bags of frozen fruit at the grocery store, and a little packet of splenda sprinkles over the top makes it even better!!
  • It's def hard when you want chocolate. Try and eat something else healthier from the vending machine. A lot of them now have that little picture of the apple next to their product that is a bit healthier ie fruit snacks, animal crackers, etc.

Or try extra gum...that sometimes works for me. If not, have one of those bit sized chocolate candies (much less calories).
  • I would love to keep a bag of frozen fruit here, unfortunately the freezer is so poor I don't think it would ever stay frozen. We just have a little bar fridge here. But that sounds sooo good.

There is nothing healthy in our vending machines, absolutely nothing, trust me, I've looked!

I've been chewing gum and drinking crystal light, I just found my banana that I forgot I had... I'll try that.

(It occured to me I may not have put this in the proper place for it... if any mod wants to move it that's fine with me)
  • I won! I'm at home! And after dinner we're having pudding made with splenda
  • Well done! Congratulations, and great idea for the mini celebration!
  • Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! I get hardcore chocolate cravings sometimes. How I combat them is by getting some 60% dark chocolate. It's definitely a taste adjustment, it's not like your standard Hershey bar lol.... But it's strong enough that you only eat a little bit at a time, and it's really good if you drink water/tea with it. A little ghirardelli square lasts me a good few minutes and it helps me get another glass of water in for the day, plus it has antioxidants in it and helps me beat my chocolate crave.

And perhaps the best thing of all... I can't even eat the cheap chocolate crap from the vending machines anymore because after eating really nice dark chocolate, everything else tastes funny. Maybe you won't have this experience, but who knows!

Anyways, congrats on making it home, it's such a great feeling isn't it??
  • Great job, that is so hard to do! I keep a toothbrush and minty toothpaste in my desk and brush when I get the urges. Knowing that Snickers bar will taste rotten after the mint does wonders for the craving!