Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 10:26 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default green menopausal shoes in the pasture

just to throw you off,i have started a new thread---that way i won't have to read the blathering of last week---- i must start fresh on my nervous breakdown---i have been working on it all summer and feel it is fast approaching----wabby---join the gym----i think i may join one this fall to work out all my depressive behaviour
Old 08-03-2002, 11:29 PM   #2  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Bagzie, please don't be depressive. I depend on you for cheerfulness as well Christmas displays. I am the one who may be depressed as school starts in FOUR DAYS. Herbie has hurt his back carrying suitcases in North Carolina and DS is communicating through grunts. uhn. One of my cats truly loves me so I guess I'm not a complete loss but BOY IS HIS BREATH BAD!!! *kiss* *kiss*
Old 08-04-2002, 09:57 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

thank you peachbuns----as soon as i recover,i will commence researching my hallowe'en displays---i think that may cheer me up----is the herbmeister able to carry you over thresholds to the various time shares????? how old is ds==== dd's don't grunt---they seeth and hiss and sometimes blat.Cats are delightful,except when they knead.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:09 AM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default No, I don't think so

I'm not getting a puppy; I have all I can handle right now with the deaf, half blind and tottering old girl I have now. She needs a lot of TLC.

Bagz, you're wrong. Whatever--you wanted me to disagree with you, didn't you? I'm glad your weekend went swimmingly. You're a fab hostess; I knew you'd rise to the occasion. Thank goodness they were worth it! Are the kids clearing out now too?

DH and I spent the weekend on the boat. It was quite lovely. We had a great sail on Saturday, did lots of relaxation the rest of the time. It was really nice to spend the weekend ALONE for a change And we discovered a wonderful and easy way to have great margaritas -- Jose Cuervo margaritas in a bottle, already mixed. Very yummy. One bottle is just about enough for 2 for an evening.

DD got home from her camping/concert festival weekend really late tonight -- that's why I'm posting at 2 am; she just went to bed. She had to tell me lots of the fun things that went on over the weekend. She had a great time.

Sorry to hear that we overworked Herbie in NC. I feel responsible. Okay, not really. Too bad DS has to go back to school so soon. I hope he likes high school. DD still has almost a month to adjust before going back.

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 08-05-2002, 07:57 AM   #5  
fatter than U

Talking just bumping this to the top!

Am I hip with the internet lingo or what?

I have so much to say, but my house is such a pit that I MUST tidy up.

While we were on holiday they put up a "no parking" sign right in front of our house. Where I've parked my car for the past 6 years. I mean, really. The Guy in Charge of Traffic Signs hasn't called dh back yet to tell him the meaning of this. We are outraged (sort of). Oh yeah, some bonehead also stole the star off of dh's Mercedes (an ancient yellow 1985 model - nothing like Wabby's). Is nothing sacred any more? Guard your star with your life, Wabby!

What should I make for dinner? Oh, I forgot, by the time you guys get up, dinner is practically over for me.

Hi Daphne! I like your avatar.

Last edited by SugP; 08-05-2002 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:55 AM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Sugar

I guess you've clawed your way out from under the laundry pile, eh? I have a friend who got so incensed when the town put a sign in front of her house, that she actually pulled it out of the ground and got rid of it! She considered it totally unnecessary -- it was just 2 little strips with the name of campgrounds or something and an arrow. It was always very amusing to listen to her rant. No Parking is a whole different thing though; seems like they'd have to have a good reason to ban parking in front of your house. Did you guys p*** off someone in town management?

I have nothing to say. I'm just avoiding housework.

Kiwi
Old 08-05-2002, 01:05 PM   #7  

Default Grrrr

Sugar P, the city put up a no parking sign on the street that I had been parking on for a year while I went walking. I didn't notice the sign until after I'd gotten a ticket. And the person at the city wouldn't give me any slack and made me pay it even though I felt I'd been had. Anyway, the point to this long tirade is that I have no point and I feel your pain.

Bagzie, I knew you'd rise to the occasion and be a wonderful hostess and have a wonderful time with your guests. You're much too gracious to do otherwise. And don't feel guilty about grousing a little. You had a right. I can't wait to hear about your Halloween displays. Maybe I should decorate for the occasion too. It would give my life focus.

DH has started his rodeo diet. The one he goes on every August so that he can fit into his tight fittin' rodeo jeans. I'm forced to participate just because I feel too guilty eating like the porker I am when he's being so good and he is only a teeny bit overweight. So now I'll be forced to be sneaky if I want to eat.

I got a lovely postcard from Kiwi. My DS is ready to pack his bags and head for that beach. It looks like it may even be warm enough there to go in the water. That never happens in Oregon.

Peachy, why would you not look forward to school? I always breathed a sigh of relief when the kiddos were back in school and someone else could be responsible for a few hours of their day.

Kiwi had a romantic weekend with her DH!!!! I can read between the lines!

Hey Daphne! We need to give you a name! You're too sweet to be called dabratt and Daphne is just too ordinary for this bunch o cows. Lush needs to get back here and give you a name.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:58 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Thank you darlings for your support---i still feel guilty for ranting,but now that i actually feel i KNOW the people,you would lOVE the wife--she is just like us,she feels her house is messy and she has gained weight----she is not fat,but she is complaining about our apron gut---and her house likely isn't that messy---so she's just about perfect----she probably likes me too,unless she finds my grousing post and realizes i am just a raving BAT in disguise---since you all know of my battish ways,you are all forgiving---for this i bow down in homely gratitude----Kiwonk---sailing away with not a care all weekend---sounds so divine------sigh-------as for the NO PARKING sign!!!!! I vote you just remove it like Kiwi's friend--do it late at night and keep doing it until they stop replacing it----after all --someone stole your star!!!!! it must be possible to steal unnoticed!!!! wabby-----i admire your neverending devotion to dieting---i can't bear to think about it right now----we still have one of the girls here for another week---two older ones had to go back early for school stuff----summer seeems so loooooooooooong this year---- i love the autumn---------------
Old 08-05-2002, 06:14 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Yes, indeed, Wabbit, you could definitely swim in that water. It was about 80 deg in the water! Absolutely gorgeous. The perfect swimming temperature--not cool enough that you have to get used to it, not so hot that it's not refreshing. The girls stayed in it for hours every day.

I'm just thinking about being a BAT and a COW. What a combination.

Kowibat
Old 08-05-2002, 06:15 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default SUGAR!!

You're a hamster!!! You're adorable!!
Old 08-05-2002, 07:42 PM   #11  
The magic shrinking cow

Default BatCow

BatCow, BatCow, alone in the world is a little BatCow.

Anyway, Bagzie, I'm glad you had a good visit with your friends! I'm that way before every entertaining opportunity, but I usually enjoy it once the people are there.

Sugar P, you're out from your laundry!

Wabby, what kind of diet is your DH doing?

Hi Peachie and Kiwi and Big Cow and Daphne! And Lushie, if you're lurking.

I am watching Harry Potter for the third time in three days. Fun.

Well, my measurements are improving, but my weight is still high. I'm trying a new diet. I made it up myself. I'm calling it the Basic Training diet, because it's based on how I ate in (you guessed it) Basic Training. Three meals a day, two glasses of water before each meal, no snacking. Treats and cola are okay, but can only be eaten with a sensible meal. We'll see if that helps make a difference. I tend to graze all day, rather than eat real meals.

My six-day-a-week workout schedule is going well... my legs are always tired, though. I hope that ends soon!

Ciao!
Old 08-06-2002, 08:10 AM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Boy am i glad that CHERRY is a regular again!!!!!THANK YOU CHERRY!!!! with the exception of Sugarbuns{working out on machines}and wabby--walking,dieting and surgery-ing---the rest of the BatCows are like MEEEEEEEEEEE---all whine and NO weightloss----it's time for a CHALLENGE {come September of course}---KIWI----YOU WRITE UP THE CHALLENGE---YOU ARE A MANAGER TYPE COW!!!!!!!! Peachbuns has to start walking the DuckHudda Pond again---someone post some GOOD TASTY SALAD ideas----everything is FRESH right now----xoxoxo BOSSYBAT-COW
Old 08-06-2002, 12:08 PM   #13  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down

I love the new little whatevers.

Bagzz I want a September challange that is a great idea! I had to add 5 pounds tomy weigh because I have been oh so bad this summer. I had chocolate covered cherries for breakfast. Cherry is a fruit and chocolate is a dairy right? I really need that challange.

Cherrycow I must ask why Harry Potter so many times? I saw it one time and that was enought for me. I admit I did have 3 neighbor kids with me and my DH and DS and DSD. I amy not have the best attention span. What exercising are you doing? I was walking 2 miles a day but kinda stopped it when kids got out of school.
Kiwonk with Batcow name I think of nunaa nunaa nunaa nunaa BATCOW! I want to go to the beach I havn't been in almost 4 years. Not since just before my divorce.

SugP what is going on with that sign? I loved hearing about everyones signs. I like the idea of taking itout each time they put one up. I bet it is great kindling! It the house all nice and clean? I have been working on mine but keep getting sidetracked.

Wabby what is the rodeo diet? I love a man in tight wranglers! How fun and sexy! Are you in Oregon? I am in Longview and love the Oregon beaches. Seaside and Longbeach are my favorites. I get to go at the end of the month with DH, his 2 kids, and his parents. Wow fun for me?

Darling Peaches School starting? Wow it doesn't start here until September 4th. I can not wait! I want time to be alone without kids around or DH! I am very selfish whe it comes to my time alone.

Hope you all have a great day! Daphne
Old 08-06-2002, 01:14 PM   #14  

Default The rodeo diet

is really not a diet. It's just DH behaving himself and eating like his cardiologist tells him to all the time. Fish, chicken, very little red meat. Boiled, broiled or poached. All you want veggies and fruit. Limit the starches. 1 beer or glass of wine a day. He stays away from the fast food joints and eats pretzels and air pop popcorn for snacks.

Daphne, yep, I'm a webfoot.

Cherry, I hope your legs get over being tired too. After a couple years of me walking every morning, mine never did. I haven't been walking for 2 months now. My legs are no longer tired. I'm so bad.

Don't ya love the new smilies???
Old 08-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, this is so exciting -- a whole passel of new nutty smilies! Who needs words when you can and !! Yippee!

Okay, I'm a little confused, Brattie, You don't mind if I call you Brattie, do you? Are you divorced and remarried, or are you going to the beach with your ex? How old are your kids? Inquiring minds want to know.

I will compile everyone's lifestyle and dieting orders later, if you don't mind, Bagz. I have to take DD to her guitar lesson (of course that involves 2 hours+ of driving ) and then we are going an hour the other direction to take some friends out to dinner whose stepfather died. That'll be cheery. Won't be back til late, so what else is new....

While on our lengthy sailing trip in July, I was appointed boat marinator due to my abilities to make salad dressings and marinades out of next to nothing. So here is an idea for you Bagz:
Cut chunks of an orange into little pieces, leaving enough orange in the peel to squeeze plenty of juice as well (maybe half chunks/half juice). Add olive or other oil and salt and pepper to the juice, whisk thoroughly. Pour over romaine lettuce or what have you. Chop up some walnuts and add those and orange bits to salad and toss. This was actually quite yummy. We had no bottled dressing, vinegar or lemon juice on board (hey, it wasn't my boat!) and that's what I came up with. Everybody loved it.

Later dahlings
Kiwi
Closed Thread