it's snowing again....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #107  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Where is the flippin' sun????!!! LOL

Hey Ladies!!!!

Well we have been blessed with Jules' snow. lol. I feel like I've been snowed in forever now. lol. Luckily DH has the 4 Wheel Drive to get to work. My poor little car is still covered with snow and just continues to get covered. lol

I re-scheduled my appointment with the college. Did I tell u guys I was thinking about going back?? I am. lol. Trying to see if I can get a 3rd degree, this time in Health Care Administration, hopefully help me get a job at the hospital. lol. So I figure if I don't have to go out, I'm not gonna. lol. So hopefully Monday.

I think I may have been approved for unemployment, not sure yet. It said how much I'd be getting and all, so I don't think they'd go through all the trouble of figuring that all out unless I got it, but I don't want to get my hopes up!

But pretty pathetic that I will actually be making more money with unemployment than if I was actually working because no benefits or nothing are taken out and I don't really need them as DH has me covered, we just had dual coverage.

I have been only home not even a week yet and I feel like I've been here for months. lol. I think its the snow and the fact that I can't even go to the store or anything. I never thought I'd say this because I like snow and winter time, but I am ready for spring!!! lol.

I made Talpia with Lemon last night for dinner and it was so yummy! Even the kitties loved it! Plus its real healthy, I baked it in the oven and just had lemon and a little dot of butter on it.

Anybody ever wanna chat online or something lemme know. I get bored. There is only so much cleaning a person can do. lol. PM me if you don't have my Yahoo ID.

Later Taters I am gonna go take a nice hot shower and pretend I am under a waterfall in the Bahamas or something. LOL!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-10-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #108  
ugggg.....

Sassy--there calling for more snow Monday and Tuesday here...I am so sick of it all, watching my vacation get ate up by the snow is not helping. Going back to school sounds good. I am thinking about enrolling next fall at Shepherd University. I am thinking of getting into their Nursing program, I can start taking some of the bull classes you need for any degree and get them out of the way. Hubby's gout is acting up so he is using long term sick. A coworker that lives out this way picked me up yesterday in his 4 wheel drive truck. Everyone that lives out this way were off last Monday, today and probably tomorrow. I may end up getting my brother to come get me and either stay with them or my Dad's. I hate to leave hubby here alone but I need to get back to work. I am starting to get really stressed out about it. Enjoy your Bahamas moment!!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #109  
RosieKate

the P4P challenge is 14 cents a pound. Sorry the snow is driving y'all nuts..wish I could wave a magic wand and bring you all here for a girls' weekend.

As far as school, well, I am all for it. I should know, I've been in school more than I've been in the work force, lol! Education does expand one's horizons.

Ciao
Old 02-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #110  
kitty Momo

After a day or 2 I would be stir crazy in the snowy weather.

Katy- oh. So you raise the money by how much weight lost?? Ick. I wouldn't raise any money. lol I was just thinking if I had 4.01 in loose change you would probably have that much also.....lol

Sassy - yay, go back to school!

k-, I better go get Gabrielle from school, she did not want to go today w/ Rachel here. I made her though because Rach was only staying for a bit and now she is gone for Utah, West Jordan, 14 miles from Salt Lake. I hate the whole thought. I think I will curl up in a chair and read a book, it'll pass the time and I can go to bed soon.....lol.....or I can grab a bottle of wine and not think of it. My baby, she drives me nuts but I don't want her so far away.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #111  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Facebook is totally screwing me over!!! I haven't been able to log on since late last night. According to my friends, my messages to them have even disappeared. My whole profile is blank too. I swear I hate the new FB!!!!!! I've been going nuts all day. My page is down cuz of I get a "Site Maintenance" But whatever. It's been more than a few hours!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #112  
ugggg.....

Good Friday Morning all!!

We got out a little while yesterday...had to take hubby to the doctors...he has the gout in his toe and a problem going on with his ankles that could be one of two different arthritis conditions or a combo of the two. We also got blood work done looking for several things including lyme disease. He goes back next Thursday for the results. The perscription he was given has already helped with the swelling.

The road connecting our now cleared driveway to the cleared main snow emrgency route was crazy...we were just glad we didn't meet anyone on the bad curves or hills since the road is a little over a car and a half wide.

I am going to keep walking up and down the driveway daily until I can get to the point I can run it. Hubby and I have started eating alot less and are both going to start the clean eating program. Hoping to get groceries the are on plan on Sunday before the next SNOW!!! This is crazy!!!

Got to get going to shovel out the other car......
Old 02-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #113  
I was born this way hey!

I'm joining Curves!!! YAY!! I go in monday for my fitness test. Then I get to try it out free for a week to see if I like it. We'll see how it goes...
Old 02-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #114  
ugggg.....

Francie--yay for you. I went to a Curves like gym for quite sometime...it was 5 minutes from my house...then I joined Golds which is like 15 - 20 minutes and didn't keep going regularly. Have fun...the Curves type gym was all ladies and very supportive!!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #115  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...

Didn't realize I hadn't signed in all week. Nothing new so maybe that is why...just a lot of the same old stuff.

JULES...I saw your pictures and yikes! I am glad it is you guys who have all that snow. We got some but nothing near what you guys got. Of course it is supposed to start again tomorrow and then a chance Thursday but hey that's a gew days away so we'll see what happens. Hope the hubby gets better soon. And a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him!

SUSAN...awww, lots of hugs missy. No matter how old our kids get we don't like them to move and especially to another state! Hey, you'd be surprised how the change adds up. I don't know why but I usually throw the pennies in a jar...just don't use them. And then most of my silver as well. I had the hubby take it to the bank not too long ago and had about $67!

FRANCIE...my daughter was having problems with FB and still is with a few things. I really hate the new page...not sure why they can't leave well enough alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! So did ya join curves? I am going to have to do something. The lady that I went to a while back has a place just about like Curves and it is cheaper but her equipment is not as new...I would like to join curves. Anyway...thank you sweetie for the V-day card...I was surprised and it made my day. Tell Fonzie HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! Hope he has a nice one.

Hello to everyone else

Not doing so great with the weight loss. Back up to 196 and frankly so tired of trying. I won't give up though, I will never give up but it sure as heck is frustrating! I did walk a few times at the mall last week, actually I think it was only two times. Aiming for 3-4 this coming week. Thinking the weather is just messing me up...can't go outside to walk so just don't see the point.

Enjoy the weekend and hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #116  
I was born this way hey!

Jules~I dunno if I would call it a gym. It was in a small little space. And it was mostly circut training. And you spend like 30 seconds at a station before moving to the next one. It wasn't what I expected. But it seems like something I need. A little time doing different things. The lady that I spoke with was really nice!!! She said they do really fun things there too. Right now they're doing an auction. She said that you can even build up points to get free things. It sounds like a really good motivation.

Cristina~The card was to make up for the Xmas cards I didn't send, lol!! And because nobody sends out Valentine's Day cards anymore..and I'm here to change that, LOL!! I'm glad you liked it. The weather has been messing me up for a really long time. I really miss warm weather.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #117  
ugggg.....

Francie--the place I went to was a circuit type thing, the owner/manager, showed a few ways to increase the burn on a few things, sometimes I did the round twice and if it wasn't crowded I spent longer on the elliptical...there were a few people that went straight to the elliptical and treadmill and didn't bother with the circuit. I did get bored after while and felt I needed something more which is why I got the membership to Golds Gym, but I have to say...at least I went to the the circuit place 4 days a week and I did get me doing something regurlarly. The owner even brought in a lady to do Yoga after hours a few days a week. You paid extra but I liked it, unfortunately there was only me and one other lady that came so it didn't work out.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #118  
ugggg.....

*************STOP********************************* *******

Don't post here...go to #87