Old 01-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #76  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Whew, hadn't been here in a while and I thought I missed out on a lot! Guess everyone is just mainly over at FB....

SUSAN...I can totally understand you being burnt out...sometimes we all just need a break from it all. Hey, Hawaii trip will be here soon (if you are still going) and that will do it for ya, or it would me, I think, lol. Daughter is 26 yikes! I am feeling old! Josh will be 28 next month...man, I am old!

SHEL...I can only imagine all the moving around and the schedule changes, geez, it wreaks havoc on ones body too...gotta get something and stick with it for sure. And yes, those are long hours, don't know how you do it.

SUE...hope you are enjoying San Diego...3 weeks ugh? Enjoy, enjoy and I hope the weather is cooperating for you guys!

KATY...good job on the WI!

FRANCIE...I picked ours out of the phone book, lol. I got lucky too cause they are good and I like them. We actually live in a different county and I don't know if you are supposed to license in the county you live it but I never did. Always went back to them even if I had to drive the almost 20 miles. But yeah, I would go with Susan advice...word of mouth is always the best I would think. And I would think clinic...of course I don't even know where a hospital is here...the vet had everything that I guess the hospital would. Ernie dog had his surgery there and such so...good luck on your search.

HIYA KATHY, JULES, MINDEE and, and...always feel like I am missing someone, so sure I am. Really need to get back here more often. I just don't get on the computer much at all while watching little Lillian and she's been sick so she's taken up even more time keeping a watchful eye.

And nothing really going on here. I haven't exercised much at all since getting sick last week. I tried but I've gotten so freaking lazy I am disappointed in myself big time. Was going to today but I keep using stuff as excuses, lol...whatever. I know I will get back on track some day. Hoping to start anew come Monday once I get enough of this antibiotic in me to make me feel better

We got lots of snow last night, ugh! Tired of that stuff even though we haven't gotten much this winter, lol. It wasn't snowing when I got up but it started again. Supposed to get 4-8 inches when it's all said and done.

Anyway...better get going, smells like my beans are burning...cooking pinto beans for chili later.

Take care all and have a wonderful weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #77  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies!

Well I'm sick, again. I swear I think it has to be from DH working at Childrens Hosp. You'd think immune system would be like steel by now!! Lol. So sitting here waiting for the dr. At least I have my I-phone to keep me occupied. Lol.

Also my friend\coworker and I are no longer friends. I believe she started an argument to make it easier to deal with me going back to nightshift. She is taking the dayshift long shift, which is the same days as me, but opposite hours. We've worked together for a year and a half most of that time it was just me and her and for the longest time it was 46 hours every other week together plus time outside of work too.

But she brought my husband into it and that's when I had enough. So we haven't talked since except for when I called in this morning and I could barely speak because I lost my voice. Then got sick later.

So anywho it's done and over with and I guess I am a cold and heartless ***** because I don't feel bad about it. It's more like a relief to me. Because some of u who have been around awhile may or may not remember last year this happened with her before, so I am just really TIRED of all the BS.

Well guess I have something viral according to my dr. Also according to my dr I have a very strong gag reflex. Lol. Because drs have to practically gag me to see my throat and I never gag because Im so used to it. Lol. And I gained weight according to my drs scale and I don't buy it because if I gained that much my brand new jeans that I was wearing and they are not even close to being tight. So figure I will re-weigh myself in the a.m.

Anyway, hope everybody here is doing well.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #78  
ugggg.....

Sassy--hugs...so you will be back to nights with the hubby..that part is good. Sorry about your friend/co-worker....she shouldn't have brought your hubby into it. It seems like you were always a better friend to her than she was to you. I don't think you are cold and heartless...some people are toxic and bad for us....why is we are always blaming ourselves for their actions...

Cristina--I have such a sore throat and am not feeling well myself.

Susan-works does suck...wish I could with the lottery and not have too!!

well, seems like I just got on here but Dominic and hubby are wanting me with them so I gotta go!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 AM   #79  
One day at a time

Hello all...

SASSY...sorry about your friend/co-worker. Hope you feel better soon too!

JULES...hope you are feeling better too!

Nothing much going on with me this weekend...being a hermit. Snow kinda messed up plans since Friday so I am being lazy and actually getting lots of reading done! Started a book yesterday and finished it this evening. Hoping I stay on this kick as I love to read. Now to get back to exercising and stick with it! Guess I am starting over once again. Got sick and lost weight but as of today I have gained 2 back so...yeah, need to go back to my soup, jello & ice cream diet without the sickness, lol!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and staying warm!
Old 01-31-2010, 06:22 AM   #80  
~Believe~

Hey girls,

well I feel a little bit better , but still not quit 100% yet. All I have done is sleep. But I suppse that is what your supposed to do when your sick.
Now DH is sick as well.

Jules -- Thanks and I have to agree w/ you on that. I felt like I was always doing like 110% of the work on our "friendship" and she was only doing 10% and that's if she really was "trying." I also felt like I was never good enough just as "myself" you know?? She was ALWAYS "making me over" which I am glad on the most part because I am a better person. But I think I, myself had something to do with that as well. Now my other "friend" got all pissy with me as well just because I cancelled lastnight for her to come over my house to play Guitar Hero. Um sorry but me AND my DH are both sick and not interested in "entertaining." So I think it's time for me to find new friends, friends who treat me like oh I dunno a human being instead of always being crapped on.

Cristina -- Thanks. I haven't done much of anything latley either. I just recently watched "My Sisters Keeper" def nor as good as the book!! I haven't read much since Ive been on days but maybe once I go to nights.

Big to all!!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #81  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Hey all..been a few days since I've been on. Nothing much is new, except I can't ever eat fast food again. I had some BK breakfast, and I was sick all day!!! The only thing I can stomach is a 6in sub from Subway. I guess that's a good sign though right? No more junk food for me.

We had a really good day today. We went to a flea market in Baltimore. It was HUGE!!! I bought Ugg boots for a lot cheaper than the department store. Then I bought an authentic Louis Vuitton purse for $45!!!! It's purple and totally beautiful!!! I also bought a Tiffany bracelet for 10 dollars!!!!!!!! Talk about a major score!! I wanna go back to buy another bracelet, lol!!

Anyways..I'm feeling a little weird right now, so I'm gonna go lay down.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #82  
One day at a time

God I am so sick of coughing! Went to the doc and he gave me an antibiotic and I swear I have gotten worse. Okay, the throat is better but the coughing...gonna cough up a lung, geez. Anyway...

SASSY...I agree, you want to find people who like you for you, just the way you are.

FRANCIE...way to go on all the goodies! I hear ya on the fast food...I am the same, well, I eat out too much. But there comes a point where I can't stomach any more and yes that is a good thing! Feel bettter.

Hello to eveyrone else

Well, today is a new month...can't believe it is February!!!! And once again I am starting over. I don't know what is wrong with me that I can't get this down and stick with it. At least I keep trying/doing and not giving up even though I feel like throwing in the towel. I won't though, not yet.

Anyway...didn't get the room cleaned yesterday but did get a BIG chunk of it done. Plan today is exercise dvd, walk on the treadmill, iron and put Christmas stuff away and then I am done down here. Now, if I could just quit coughing. Took some cough medicine but not working yet...going to give it a day and if I am not better tomorrow calling the doctor again.

Have a good Monday, all!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #83  
ugggg.....

quickee...strep is not fun....I needed a vacation but not like this.....
Old 02-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #84  
One day at a time

Me again, HAPPY TUESDAY to all!

Started off the week on a good note. Decided to start journaling...writing down every morsel, drink, etc that goes into my mouth and my exercise. Not so much the distance but just time. Not going to be so anal about the exercise this time. Aiming for 4-5 days a week and if I get more then great! If not I shall be happy with the 4-5.

Was up early this morning...didn't get much sleep. For some reason i could not go to sleep and the last time I looked at the clock it was 2 a.m. ugh! I NEED sleep when I have to get up at 5:42 (don't ask, my clock is ******ed). And woke up at 4 thinking UGH! Lol Barely went back to sleep only to wake up when the hubby got up at 5 but...even though I was dragging I did manage to get in a 30 minute dvd (Leslie Sansone of course) and a 10 minute walk on the treadmill. And I just did another 10 minute walk and some weights so, so far so good. I don't want to leave baby upstairs too long but I have to quit using her as an excuse not to exercise...yeah, I was using the baby. Didn't watch her the last four days and I was lazy and slept in so another reason it was hard to get up.

Oh, and WI sat showed a gain of 2 pounds but today I weighed and those 2 pounds are gone! Hopefully they stay gone and I can add or minus at least another pound.

Better get back upstairs till my next round of exercise. Going to do another 10 minute walk and some more weights once baby takes her next nap. Might even pull out the Biggest Loser dvd and do a few minutes of that...I've got to get the muscle built back up...not liking the look of the flab. Anywho...

Take care everyone, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day and week!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #85  
One day at a time

HIYA JULES...you snuck in there. I hear ya about the strep, or at least being sick. Those pills I've been taking I think are finally taking effect...feeling so much better today. Hope you get well soon and I hope little Dominic isn't sick as well. It's so hard seeing the little guys sick. Get plenty of rest lady, that's an order!

Okay, going to go change my ticker to what my WI was this past Saturday, hopefully it will change again, for the better come this Sat.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #86  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies...Just a few minutes computer time whlie I am doing laundry. We are at DS's house, but the guys are working. Having a wonderful time, great weather and lots of beach walking. I am feeling so good about my food too...so *fingers crossed* I will be the same or lower next week. Big problem is 3 days in Vegas this week-end and that is a disaster area for me as far as food.
But, like I said...lots of walking and that helps. We have the beach cottage and got in some groceries for breakfasts and lunches....salads, soups, cereal and some bagels. Not many snacks lately..except I had a dessert with coffee in place of lunch yesterday...I just wanted something sweet ( ice cream. )

I am not missing the snow..that is for sure. I do miss my bed..there is no place like home for sleeping. Mom is doing great and DD is keeping an eye on her. She is actually staying with my aunt.

It will be back to the real world before we know it. I am dreaming of a beach house in La Jolla...yeah, right, over a million just to start. HA..

Talk to ya soon.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #87  
~Believe~

Cool Hola Mi Amigas!

Hey Ladies.

Well I have some BIG news for you. I quit my job today. Yup. Finally. My Supervisor and my Manager pulled me into the office and I figured I was gonna be fired. lol. Nope they wrote me up for attendance (even though I had drs notes), said I didn't do my job and also that I had a bad attitude. Well it just plain pissed me off. After giving 4.5 years there and working all kinds of weird @$$ shifts for them. I know I should have been the "adult" and just stayed it out until I found another job, but I couldn't. I was too IRATE.

I told them both what I thought of them and the co. too. I said, "You wanna know why I missed all those days? Because I hate this freaking job and it literally makes me sick to come in this place everyday!" I also brought up my DH being fired by my same boss for PERSONAL reasons and it was proven because he got unemployment and he wouldn't have gotten it if he wasn't unjustly fired. So that peed off my supervisor (the dude who fired my dh) but my manager told him they could not discuss it even though it was my dh, also because he got in trouble for it because he did unjustly fire my dh and now the record is sealed. But man it felt so good to get everything out!!

My manager begged me to not quit, but I just was too p.oed by that point. So yup I quit. I know not very "adult" of me, but I did it and there is no going back.

Anywho now I've been job hunting. I have put the word out to my friends and family to keep a look out for jobs for me. My one friend who just left the same co. is letting me use her as a reference and I applied at the co. she is at now. So hopefully I will get on!!!

So I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me now. I got to tell my supervisor and my manager how I felt and everything so it was great and I could care less what people think about me. I did this for me and nobody else, not even my dh because he advised me to stay. But I was just over it. So its done and all I can do is move forward from here.

Now if I could go back in time would I quit? I dunno knowing everything I know now possibly not. But my boss didn't give me the chance to just go home for the day, or he could have waited until I dunno the end of the day that way I would have just went home, ya know? I think they can learn a lesson from this. Don't tell people that they basically suck at their jobs until the end of the day if you don't want them to walk out on you!!!!! lol.

Anywho that is the scoop for today. Stay tuned for more! lol.

Well more has already arrived!! lol. My coworker, well I guess technically now my ex-coworker, my friend, lolll dropped by a Grocery Store Gift card we get from work for PERFECT ATTENDANCE for me. LMAO. Now how IRONIC is that????!!! LMAO!!! OMG SO FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #88  
RosieKate

yet another quickie from me...just wanted to say YOU ROCK Sassy-girl! WTG! That job was sucking the life out of you...

Other than that, my WI was no change...having hard time with the munchies this week. Will keep plugging away

TGIF everyone!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #89  
ugggg.....

Sassy--good for you...I think it's a matter of time before my hubby walks out of his

Katy--at least you are holding steady no gain!!

Snow is falling....looks so pretty but I am sooo sick of it...been cooped up with hubby all week and now it looks like we are going to be snowbound......

Last edited by jules1216; 02-05-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #90  
~Believe~

Talking Hi Ya Chickies!!!

Hi Chickies!!!

Thank You all for your kind words!!!

Katy-- I agree it was sucking the life out of me!!!! I haven't WI since I went to the dr last week I need to in the a.m. Kinda curious because I noticed yesterday that my work pants or shall I say ex-work pants were really loose on me & my Leather Coat is HUGE on me now!!! I think as soon as I get a job, Im going SHOPPING!!! Lol.

Jules--We're supposed to get hit this evening & tonight w/ snow. I think it's beginning to sleet now!!! I am cuddled up under my blankie watching movies!!! Too bad we can't watch together, eh????!!!!

Also DH came home from work telling me he has a job lead for me @ Childrens Hospital (where he works) he is friends with the Manager of Housekeeping. He talked to her and they are hiring so we went downtown this morning and I got a background check done for the job(it's a requirement) and he will turn it into her Monday night. So pls keep your fingers, toes, eyes crossed!! Lol

I am also looking into going back to College for Health Care Administration. DH said he may go back too possibly nursing school!!!

So I feel really good about my decision! I wanna begin exercising everyday as well!! Maybe break out my W.A.T.P DVD or something.

Big Hugs to all

Stay Warm!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-05-2010 at 04:15 PM.